• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

I mean, I just learned you can put a special move after a *****, but you have to put in the button imput so QUICKLY that it's overwhelming to think about building on a combo.

Something I noticed! When using the two back fist combo with Kenshi, if you add a special move after that, you have to do the stick movements as if you already switched positions.
Have you turned release check off in wireless controller preset? That might help.

That's the best way to be. I play people until they leave, even if they're a million times better than me or just a spammer.

It's frustrating but if I can see myself making progress it's all good. Nothing feels better than playing someone much better than you for several sets, and see their health bar get closer and closer to zero with each set. Sometimes you even get that eventual win. It's like a moment. You feel so good about yourself.

Then they usually rage quit on you. :(

I'm usually just happy enough to learn how to block their combos and successfully pull off a combo myself. :p

Windforce

Guys, changing factions really sucks. I was a Level 50 Lin Kuei, changed to White Lotus now all my Lin Kuei unlocks are GONE. :(

After I finish the 'max all factions' trophy I'm going back to Lin Kuei but this is really harsh...

Also, wish we could filter the bonuses on the combat card page... There's so much stuff unlocked I'm overwhelmed.

zlatko

Banned
I mean, I just learned you can put a special move after a *****, but you have to put in the button imput so QUICKLY that it's overwhelming to think about building on a combo.

Something I noticed! When using the two back fist combo with Kenshi, if you add a special move after that, you have to do the stick movements as if you already switched positions.

edit: huh, wonder why that's censored.

I learned this too on like day two of the game. I come from SF where I can do a low forward medium kick into fireball, and not do it insanely fast.

Here, in MK, you have to input the special as the animations are playing out at a much faster rate to get the cancels to do combos and extensions.

It's a bit of a learning curve in that regard. I got it fast once I realized that's what was going on here, but teaching my casual friends online they have issues big time with quick cancelling as they tend to mash instead of just getting a quick smooth flow to things.

zlatko

Banned
Guys, changing factions really sucks. I was a Level 50 Lin Kuei, changed to White Lotus now all my Lin Kuei unlocks are GONE. :(

After I finish the 'max all factions' trophy I'm going back to Lin Kuei but this is really harsh...

Also, wish we could filter the bonuses on the combat card page... There's so much stuff unlocked I'm overwhelmed.

What exactly did you lose? I haven't paid attention to what FXP even unlocks as I level up.

Edit: Apologies for double post.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Neat, Johnny Cage vs. Sub-Zero intro mentions him being human again. It goes something like this:

Cage: "So how'd you get uncyberized?"

Sub: "Side effect of Quan Chi's magic."

Glad to see they mention this in-game.

I unironically enjoyed the story. It was dumb, but a good kinda dumb. Personalities outshining the plot and i'm fine with that.

Yeah, there's so much going on with the characters this time around. It's amazing, and I love it. I have yet to hear all of the intro dialogue.

Isn't Tremor supposed to be the Orange ninja, not brown?

Tremor has always been brown.

Erron Black
is the orange ninja. :p

Windforce

What exactly did you lose? I haven't paid attention to what FXP even unlocks as I level up.

Edit: Apologies for double post.

Well, going back to Lin Kuei says I'm level 1 again. So I'll need to level back up. Also the icon/backgrounds specific to Lin Kuei are nowhere to be seen and I'm afraid I'll have to level up again to get them.

zlatko

Banned
I was talking more about how competitive they are.

I've run into every character online, and I haven't seen anyone mention yet that one character is not standing a competitive chance. Maybe certain variations don't, but the entire character? No one is complete butt cheeks.

If any 1 character is the most butt cheeks I'd say Ferra Torr. I just don't see that character in anyone's hands winning a tourney, let alone placing top 16 at a major. All 3 variations leave a lot to be desired compared to the rest of the cast.

Gleethor

I'm sure this has been pointed out, but Jason's release next week (for kombat pack owners) is all but confirmed given that the current premiere tower expires in 6 days and the jason tower is advertised as "coming soon" in the same way that the MK1 tower was at launch.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I still have trouble figuring out punishes for certain things. Kitana has become my main, since Kung Lao appears to be quite gimped.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I feel like Jax is really good in this game.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Kung Loa's great man. Whenever I face a Katana I just spam the rocket launcher, she has no way to get around it.

I was referring to this exactly above, she has so much trouble (at least for me) when being zoned, I just have no way to counter it. Kung does too little damage, and he's not nearly as quick as he was in 9

I was referring to this exactly above, she has so much trouble (at least for me) when being zoned, I just have no way to counter it. Kung does too little damage, and he's not nearly as quick as he was in 9
Maybe other variations help? Nobody ever picks anything but assassin.

I wonder if Jason will have slight skin changes with his variations? Would be pretty cool if one of his variations had the half destroyed hockey mask with teeth exposed on it.

Netherrealm could do some really cool stuff with Jason's skin variations. I got a feeling it will just be a big dude in a hockey mask though. It still bums me out that we got boring Jackie Earle Haley Freddy Kruegar and didn't even get a Robert Englund option. Back to the subject of Jason, I would at least like a skin with the axe damaged hockey mask and maybe one where he wears a sack ala Friday pt. 2. Hell, I'd even take a Jason X skin.

I came up with some dope combos while exhausted, and can't remember them now. LOL.

You should start recording them. I've been finding videos of combos I've done that I didn't even remember doing.

Demoskinos

So... I noticed that Black Dragon's Faction Emblem/Icon X set is the best in terms of rewards. The background alone gives +300 Koins per match won that isn't including the other parts of the set and the set bonus itself. All the other factions have paltry rewards in comparison for their 10th set.

Netherrealm could do some really cool stuff with Jason's skin variations. I got a feeling it will just be a big dude in a hockey mask though. It still bums me out that we got boring Jackie Earle Haley Freddy Kruegar and didn't even get a Robert Englund option. Back to the subject of Jason, I would at least like a skin with the axe damaged hockey mask and maybe one where he wears a sack ala Friday pt. 2. Hell, I'd even take a Jason X skin.

You should start recording them. I've been finding videos of combos I've done that I didn't even remember doing.
I doubt he'll have any skins at all, like Goro.

I'd imagine one has a like bloody machete or some shit, one has a slightly damaged mask, and one has changed skin/eye color.

Nemesis_

Does anyone get the feeling they really wanted certain characters in the game but they didn't really know what to do with them in terms of variations?

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I haven't keeping up with much of the thread, but what's the general consensus on PS4 online? It seems to be almost constantly a laggy mess of disconnects here on my end.

Even when I finally get a proper match, there's still input lag as well.

Top Bottom