• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Unicorn

Does anyone get the feeling they really wanted certain characters in the game but they didn't really know what to do with them in terms of variations?

Stunt Double Johnny Cage comes to mind because they couldn't think of 2 other things to do with Noob. lol

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
My current feelings on Scorpion in MKX. Very emotional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWR-ZxYdKy8

Mortal Kombat X OT2: #ScorpionWinsLoL

Kze4jP.gif

Speaking of Scorpion, just faced the sorriest scorpion player ever. Doing ranked matches and his record is 200+/20-, mine is 80+/1. This dude goes try hard mode after I get a borderline flawless. His one bar teleports are easy to block, but the overhead string he does is borderline unlockable because of lag. He BARELY wins and starts t bagging. Like dude, you got your ass handed to you. Badly.

People take this shit to heart lol

Enjoying the various towers, but GOT DAYUM I'm really getting annoyed at the Kabal Assist always being on, or so it seems.

So many brutalities just RUDELY interrupted by this random ass saw traipsing across the stage "la de frickin da" messing everything up.

Sigh.

Got gold reward, so whatever. But still. GTFO Kabal. Kung Lao does a better job with his hat anyway.

/fliptable

Edit -- Member status get, it seems.

SuperBonk

Saw a Jax ripping it up on Aris's stream. 47% corner carry combos were pretty sick.

That was Tyrant. If you want to see any impressive Jax play, he's the one to go to. He was also at Fatal 8 where he got shredded by SonicFox (along with everyone else).

RM8

I'm getting my new PC in a couple of days. I won't lose my progress, right? I should be fine since I'm using the same Steam account and this game has cloud saving. Right? :x

T.O.P

Banned
Has anyone had the chance to try the game online on both consoles and pc? i'm thinking about switching from X1 to pc if the online is even slightly better

Edzi

Alright, I've officially given up on playing ranked. I just can't stand going through another Scorpion spam match and watching half of my combos drop.

Has anyone had the chance to try the game online on both consoles and pc? i'm thinking about switching from X1 to pc if the online is even slightly better

I haven't even tried online on pc but as a pc player, don't switch to pc until it's either fixed or on a steam sale or both

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Any easy Ermac BnBs? Mystic or MoS.

I use MoS and use this for 37% anywhere with no meter

f21d2, f4, bf2, dash, bf1, j.n2, j forward kick, db3, f43

Basically after you hit the soul ball thing on them, you can always do the back half of that combo where you jump up and punch them, kick into teleport, etc.

Got a question; I notice the OP says the kombat pack includes all dlc, but the fine print on psn just says it includes four dlc characters, and a costume pack. If future characters are revealed, will this cover them?

Onemic

Well I connected my ethernet cable directly to my PS4 and played some online for a good two hours. After having about 3 or so 40f-60f lag matches I finally got a really long set(as well as a bunch of ranked matches) with what I assume are considered the 'good' connections in MKX. Although it was playable, it definitely wasnt ideal and I can still say without a doubt that the netcode in this game sucks ass. I'd say the good matches in MKX are equivalent to playing a GGXRD match with about 6f-7f of delay or a yellow bar USF4 game on PS3. Playable, but nowhere near ideal. I could do all my combos, but they had to be done early to compensate for the lag.

I really dont know how ESL can work when this game has such bad netcode. The first week was already bad, I just hope NRS is dedicated to making it better, but the realist in me knows they wont do anything.

I haven't keeping up with much of the thread, but what's the general consensus on PS4 online? It seems to be almost constantly a laggy mess of disconnects here on my end.

Even when I finally get a proper match, there's still input lag as well.

From what ive heard it's equivalent to the xbone version and better than the PC version. Which means it sucks.

zogged

Anyone had any hands on time with the PDP and Hori pads? Tempted to pick one up in the future. Been using my fight stick so far but even though I've gotten used to it something about it still feels off for this game.

Gleethor

Got a question; I notice the OP says the kombat pack includes all dlc, but the fine print on psn just says it includes four dlc characters, and a costume pack. If future characters are revealed, will this cover them?

No. But for the record, it actually includes 5 costume packs, but only one has been released (samurai).

zogged

It includes all currently announced dlc, any future characters and costumes will be part of different kombat packs.

NEO0MJ

How's the game on PC? Port and online quality?

Middling overall. Performance seems to be good, but a not so small number of PC players have been reporting the game crashing on them, though I haven't suffered from this issue personally. Right now one of the stages is glitched and suffers from graphical issues when playing while another suffers from low frame rate in comparison to other stages.

Online not so sure, as it seems to be all over the place regardless of console.

Pac3y

Anyone given up on ranked? It's just a ping lottery. It's a far better experience to chill in a room that's listed for your country / region.

Dr. Buni

I'm getting my new PC in a couple of days. I won't lose my progress, right? I should be fine since I'm using the same Steam account and this game has cloud saving. Right? :x
If it has cloud saving, you are safe. Aren't there any ways for you to transfer the Steam folder from your current PC HDD to the new one?
How's the game on PC? Port and online quality?
The online works when it wants. Sometimes it doesn't even connect. Sometimes it connects, but you get error messages during matches. Sometimes you get lagless matches. Etc.

So, idea time.

If you guys were to bring back Shang Tsung, how would you do it? Which version would you prefer? Would he be part of the "What If" pack? Or maybe the "Time Travel" pack?

I myself would like a blend of old/new, aka both the Fireball/Ground Fireball shooting, morphing, soul stealing variety.

Problem is, how would the morphing work in this game? Do you think that NRS considered this and said fuck it? Too much trouble?

How would the morphing be implemented? I thought on this, and came up with a few possibilities:
  • Morphing would use directional inputs with the stance change button (finally a use for this).
  • Morphing would use stamina on a normal transition, and meter on an EX version, both would last about 10 seconds.
  • Morph could be cancelled prematurely with a single press of the stance change button, but will also cost stamina (This could be used any time -- during combos, while being comboed or knocked down).
  • De-morphing (whether by expiring or by manual input) has no vulnerability window, so it can happen any time without consequence.
  • Morphing would have a vulnerability window just like old games where he can be hit while transforming (into another character), EXCEPT when:
  • EX morphing -- this is done nearly instantly, has armor and causes a very short range shockwave effect for minor damage.
  • The armored EX morph shockwave would serve several purposes: safe wakeup, pressure interruption, combo extension.

I'm thinking that NRS decided this was too much of a hassle to bring this about logistically. There may also be hardware/software limitations, as all the character models would have to be pre-loaded.

There's also the issue of variations. Which ones would Shang Tsung have access to? Would he simply use a pre-defined variation for all characters, or could you choose them based on your inputs? What would happen in the case of Torr for example? Would his morph be limited to just Lackey (makes sense).

Finally, what variations would he have himself? Would all 3 have access to morphs, or just 1 variation? Or would variations be limited to something like "Outworld, Earthrealm, Shadow" or something silly.

Just food for thought I guess. Would love to see my favorite MK boss of all time return some day in all his morphing glory.

PC specific bug with Spectral Ermac.

It isn't the meter bug that was discovered recently, but its to do with flight mode as well.

You can't fly when using a controller d-pad, but you can fly when using the analog stick. Here's me testing it with my 360 Madcatz TE, and my Xbox One controller. Had a friend test it on PS4, bug doesn't occur there, and another friend tried it using his PS360+ stick on a PC, which has its own unique drivers (wired up to d-pad only), and he couldn't fly properly either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbytXuxfuJM

Can you only cancel run with an input like down, block or an attack? I sometimes look like a goof when I keep running past the person that I just juggled.

I really want to get good with Liu Kang, but I find it a pain to combo into his windmill punch/bicycle kick. And apparently a lot of his basic BnBs seem to incorporate the running mechanic..

clockpunk

Still can't believe Goro isn't purchasable through the European PSN - this is ridiculous! Especially considering my preorder was missing the code, and the retailer has offered me a refund to the tune of the cost.

NEO0MJ

There's also the issue of variations. Which ones would Shang Tsung have access to? Would he simply use a pre-defined variation for all characters, or could you choose them based on your inputs? What would happen in the case of Torr for example? Would his morph be limited to just Lackey (makes sense).

When Shinnok steals Torr's move he gets a phantom Ferra to perform Torr's move. Still, biggest problem is loading all the fighters. It will take too long for it to happen in a fun way.

molnizzle

Is there any way to disable automatic match recording? Or at least limit it to the last several matches or something? MKX is maxing out my goddamn PS+ storage with 300+ MB of match replays.

WTF.

Is there any way to disable automatic match recording? Or at least limit it to the last several matches or something? MKX is maxing out my goddamn PS+ storage with 300+ MB of match replays.

WTF.
I'd also like to know this. When I want to save a match I just use PSShare lol.

Also, I don't mind fighting Scropions online. Jax's main offensive tools push him forward out of his teleport's range. I even attacked him during his X-Ray build up on time and just went through the lunging part :p

Top Bottom