• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

stn

It seems like Kitana (Royal Storm) is the best variation, lots of pro players have been saying she's the best zoner.

RM8

Mournful is probably the worst. But again, I mained Jade... So yeah :p I still use assassin a lot, fits much better with the Jingu outfit. Oddly enough I don't really like royal storm.

DR2K

Banned
It seems like Kitana (Royal Storm) is the best variation, lots of pro players have been saying she's the best zoner.

I'm going to say assassin is her best one from my experience. I can see royal storm being better, but her parry and run command are really good. On top of sharpen for more damage. Royal storm is also good, I can see it as being better.

Im afraid to say my netcode experience has being really clean on EU PS4 but looks like my opinion doesn't matter because im automatically an NRS apologist

on another note in the MK1 Tower i double flawlessed my 7th fight! wheres the hidden battle ?

He said the apologists are the ones who write off others bad experiences and just blame their connection.

Arksy

So I'm sitting here trying the online.

Joining match, finding match, joining match, finding match, joining match...

zzz.

Korezo

Does the pc have any online function at the moment? Can't do anything that requires connecting to the internet. I was playing ranked fine earlier on the ps4, just the first time connecting took a long time.

Sigmaah

I've played online for both ps4 and one, total matches played is over 200 and I haven't had much issues with lag. I land my combos and set up with not much hassle. Here and there it'll lag spike but that's ok.

I know lag when I see it, trust me on this, I play Marvel.

Demoskinos

Been messing with Kitana and yeah I think Royal Storm is easily the best variation. Assassin is okay but I think her dash move is sort of redundant when she still has Throat slash which is better anyways because you can catch people in the air with it and its way less telegraphed than the assassin dash. Mournful is....just bad.

Sharpen is really good but the combo potential with square boost in Royal storm along with Fanado make Royal Storm the best.

Dr. Buni

Umm not really. It's hard to classify them like that in this one especially because of variations. Like Jax in most of his variations could be considered rushdown, in his wrestler variation he gets some grappling moves (air throw and 2 command throws), and with his heavy weapons variant he's one of the best zoners I think.
I see. So it is like in Smash where classifying characters is really tricky and most of the time unreliable.

AwShucks

Are there no fatalities in story mode? I guess it would make sense for the story since you really shouldn't be murdering people then have them just show up in the next scene, but I want to be sure I'm not just blind/slow.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry guys, I sat down to play so the server obviously had to go down, my bad. I swear I'm fucking cursed.

Struct09

Are there no fatalities in story mode? I guess it would make sense for the story since you really shouldn't be murdering people then have them just show up in the next scene, but I want to be sure I'm not just blind/slow.

You do not perform fatalities in story mode. Slight spoiler:
There is one QTE later on where you kind of perform a fatality

ksdixon

Hmm...

Bought on USA PStore, but play on my UK account.

Fatality shortcuts only show-up on my USA account, not on my UK account. Why is this?

Chairhome

Hmm...

Bought on USA PStore, but play on my UK account.

Fatality shortcuts only show-up on my USA account, not on my UK account. Why is this?

Probably cause Easy Fatalities are a consumable tied to microtransactions. If the game is US, probably only compatible with US microtransactions/dlc so it wouldn't show on your UK account. Just a guess though.

Uraizen

Banned
It's a worse netcode, but if it's unplayable or even noticeably bad for you it's still your connection. It's perfectly fine if you just but an ethernet cable, but a crappy connection that's good enough for SF4 isn't good enough for this, if that makes sense.

I can play internationally with skullgirls, I can play people in the mid-west with USFIV, but I can't have one decent match with someone in my own state in MKX. My connection to them was immaculate with 2ms jitter and 0% packet loss. If I can't have a good game under those conditions, it's the game. You shouldn't settle for "decent" anyway, you should be bitching until they make it playable for those with less than stellar connections since the purpose of netcode in the first place is to hide the delay.

Mindman

So there's no good way to take a group of friends into matchmaking for King of the Hill, is there? :(

The join, then invite system sucks. Rooms always fill up.

So i'm having a really weird problem with the PC version. I'm using an Xbox One controller hooked up to my PC and both of my triggers make me switch stance and the game won't let me block with RT even though it's assigned to that in the settings, this also means I can't use xray moves. If I switch to 360 controller it lets me block but I much prefer the One d-pad. Anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it?

ksdixon

Probably cause Easy Fatalities are a consumable tied to microtransactions. If the game is US, probably only compatible with US microtransactions/dlc so it wouldn't show on your UK account. Just a guess though.

Wait.. they're connsumable? So I can run out of them? I thought they were just unlocked in The Krypt or something. That sucks.

The Fatality Shortcuts will 'show up' for my USA account, but are simply not present for my UK one. I thought all DLC was useable by all accounts if both accounts had the PS4 set as their primary ps4?

Majestad

Banned
Is anybody learning different characters at the same time?

I can only focus on one at a time. Two at most. And now we the variations in play, there's even more to manage!

molnizzle

Wait.. they're connsumable? So I can run out of them? I thought they were just unlocked in The Krypt or something. That sucks.

The Fatality Shortcuts will 'show up' for my USA account, but are simply not present for my UK one. I thought all DLC was useable by all accounts if both accounts had the PS4 set as their primary ps4?
Of course they're consumable, that's why it tells you how many you're buying.

Right now I think Royal Storm is Kitana's best. The long range Fan Lift is pretty good in footsies and is safer than people think. From max range it's virtually safe, even Sub-Zero cannot reversal slide punish it. It's pretty good to check run or them sticking out their footsies tools.

vg260

Anyone use the SF-style inputs? I find I'm having an easier time with them, but it could be my imagination. Maybe it's because I'm using pads for now while SP koin grinding, and the DS4 pad is not the best.

stn

I can only focus on one at a time. Two at most. And now we the variations in play, there's even more to manage!
I'm currently learning Kotal Kahn (War God). I started off using Kano (Cybernetic) and Kenshi (Balanced). I also want to throw in Sub-Zero (Grandmaster) since he seems very simple. Chances are I'll just learn all of them, I always co-main a bunch of characters in each fighter.

Why didn't MKX use the Skullgilrls netcode?

Didn't the team offer it for free or something to help other fighting games?

Skullgirls uses GGPO. Which IIRC doesn't work so well for 3D models. Mostly benefiting 2D Sprites/Art.

We want to go into a public room though. Fighting the same 2 people gets old.

<.<

You said a group of friends.

Couldn't you just kick players? You could also send multiple invites, instead of one at a time.

Pac3y

Found a horrible bug on ps4 version today, if you're in a room and have it set for vs, then go to change your profiles background - If you get a challenge whilst doing the change, the game will crash to home screen! To top it off my save corrupted twice on the bounce. :/

Thankfully psn+ online storage saved the day.

I'm going to say assassin is her best one from my experience. I can see royal storm being better, but her parry and run command are really good. On top of sharpen for more damage. Royal storm is also good, I can see it as being better.
Assassin sucks against zoners, so Royal Storm is probably a smart counter pick variation to learn if nothing else.

When playing against Kitana I always switch to Heavy Weapons Jax. I always try to win a fair way until all of those assassin fans shut down all my Attacks, then I get mad and start spamming rockets lol. Works every time.

Skullgirls uses GGPO. Which IIRC doesn't work so well for 3D models. Mostly benefiting 2D Sprites/Art.

That's been debunked since a while ago and there are already commercial games with rollback netcode and 3d graphics. The issue is if the game is programmed in a way that it can make use of GGPO or not.

I've played online for both ps4 and one, total matches played is over 200 and I haven't had much issues with lag. I land my combos and set up with not much hassle. Here and there it'll lag spike but that's ok.

I know lag when I see it, trust me on this, I play Marvel.

I am sure other people know lag as well man, and they feel it while playing this online. Alot. :)

vg260

I've asked this already but I think it got lost - are there any good written or video guides for new players to help them choose a character, with general overviews of their playstyle, srengths, weaknesses, etc? Or is the best way to just play them all a little and see who clicks?

Just been watching this from UltraChenTV:
http://www.twitch.tv/ultrachentv/v/4214524

It's long and I'm not too far in, but they say they check out most of the characters.

But perhaps more useful in the beginning they go over all the basics about the game engine. Some really good stuff to know about the game's move and combo properties. Definitely worth checking out, especially coming from Street Fighter.

Dr. Buni

Why didn't MKX use the Skullgilrls netcode?

Didn't the team offer it for free or something to help other fighting games?
Is the Skullgirls netcode that good?

I tried learning Ermac alongside D'Vorah but I found it too complicated to learn two characters at the same time. I am not THAT motivated :p

Just been watching this from UltraChenTV:
http://www.twitch.tv/ultrachentv/v/4214524

It's long and I'm not too far in, but they say they check out most of the characters.

But perhaps more useful in the beginning they go over all the basics about the game engine. Some really good stuff to know about the game's move and combo properties. Definitely worth checking out, especially coming from Street Fighter.

Thanks, I'll take a peek tonight.

Is the Skullgirls netcode that good?

I tried learning Ermac alongside D'Vorah but I found it too complicated to learn two characters at the same time. I am not THAT motivated :p

Yes, the netcode is really damn good.

You better not give up, Reila! It'll greatly benefit you, if you learn another character to play as. :3

vg260

Get anything for unlocking everything int he Krypt,
and how do you track down all off the timed chests, luck?

Dunno if there's a reward. There are fixed locations for chests, and you maybe have to sit for a few minutes at most. Check out the guide on gamefaqs.

Am I the only one who hasn't been prompted to download patch 1.03 yet? I went online to manually check for an update but it says the game is already updated. Also, someone on Reddit claims 1.03 is only 100mb so I'm a little confused?

v1.03 was about 3.3GB for me.

Top Bottom