• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Xevren

How do you get past Reptiles zoning? Playing against him as War god Kotal Kahn seems impossible. I cant remember the variation of Reptile, but its the one where he can shoot slow acid bubbles at you that can turn into full combos if they hit you. I won the first match simply because the distance between me and him during the match start allowed me to easily get in. After that first round though, he was able to get to full screen and just spammed his slow acid balls, and fast acid spit projectiles until I died, and did a rinse repeat in the 3rd round because I was already at full screen. I was literally unable to do anything. I couldnt walk and block as the projectile would just push me back further than I walked forward. I couldnt jump because of the slow acid balls that I would land on, and because Kotals projectiles have 50+ frames of startup I couldnt match him in the projectile department either.

That's more a problem with kotal kahn than anything else sadly. Dude just dies to zoning. All Reptiles projectiles are in every variation so that doesn't really matter. Haven't messed around with Kotal much so I can't offer that much of help other than not to let him breathe, even though his mixups can be a problem.

A correction I wanted to make as I'm back in practice mode, it was 3, 4 that I had been doing which caused the stun. How safe is that? I haven't played against humans yet.

3,4 is safe, but startup and reach is kind of poor. Try using f2,1 which is also safe and has an insane reach. If those hit you can then just do the throw extension (1+3 I think?), and if you have meter you can meter burn it for a bigger combo.

What you think his best variation is? Also, what are good ways to go in with him? If ima play a ninja besides tremor it's gonna be reptile.

Gimme all da secrets lmao!

I prefer nimble the most, but noxious and deceptive aren't bad either. As for getting in it's really not hard, his walkspeed and just getting around is the fastest in the game. F2,1 helps as well in footsies, and once you're in you have his insane overhead (b2) as well as his main chain f412 chain (2nd hit an overhead) for more damage. His main low is b3 but to convert damage you'll have to burn meter for, b3 mb fast acid ball is what I tend to use.

I will say if you want to use him online it'll be really difficult, especially for nimble combo's. Would probably use noxious online just because of that.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So wait...I have to purchase Blue Steel Sub-Zero? Even if I have the ***** Pack?

I bought it and it looks pretty awful IMO, I'll never use it when I get the Klassic skin. It was only £1.50 though so whatever.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
But max you play all FGs wouldn't you agree that MK bases it playstyle mostly on 50/50. Some characters are blessed with really good 50/50 dial a combos which are super safe. Like Scorpion or Raiden. I don't mind that guessing game but if you guess right you should have a chance to recover but some characters are so blessed frame data wise they can just throw things out on your wakeup without having to worry about the consequences. Don't get me wrong Its a good game. But I feel like NRS games always been developed as a "tunnel Vision" type fighter. With little room for improvisation.

Oh I totally agree. Also spoke about this because the term "50/50" comes up a lot in MKX. Essentially, your goal in every fighting game is to force your opponent into a guess. A 50/50 guess is amazing odds for the offender, and MKX puts you into that situation very easily, while other games it can take quite some time to get to that point. It took time for Injustice to evolve into that situation, but now almost everyone can do it right off the bat.

The biggest issue facing MKX right now is the option select tech, which allows players to never commit to anything unsafe with select characters, and get the conversion safely due to an input oddity. I really hope this gets patched out eventually.

Onemic

That's more a problem with kotal kahn than anything else sadly. Dude just dies to zoning. All Reptiles projectiles are in every variation so that doesn't really matter. Haven't messed around with Kotal much so I can't offer that much of help other than not to let him breathe, even though his mixups can be a problem.

How does Cassie fair against Reptile or just zoners in general? Looks like im gonna need to main two characters

Oh I totally agree. Also spoke about this because the term "50/50" comes up a lot in MKX. Essentially, your goal in every fighting game is to force your opponent into a guess. A 50/50 guess is amazing odds for the offender, and MKX puts you into that situation very easily, while other games it can take quite some time to get to that point. It took time for Injustice to evolve into that situation, but now almost everyone can do it right off the bat.

The biggest issue facing MKX right now is the option select tech, which allows players to never commit to anything unsafe with select characters, and get the conversion safely due to an input oddity. I really hope this gets patched out eventually.

Who has access to this OS tech?

Was anyone else disappointed that no fatalities involved removing a body part and then beating the guy with it? I am surprised this wasn't explored.

The only reason I was reminded of this as I was watching a stream with Quan Chi and remembered the best fatality of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rUhzWty1t8&spfreload=10

All I know is that Kotal Kahn's fatalities are absolute garbage.

malfcn

Limb beating and stage fatality :(

I think there tech supports things. Which is why there are similar fatalities. Such as chest and mouth holes etc.

Softgels

Banned
Getting real sick of the game crashing as I get to Shinnok on tower. It's happened 4 times with 4 different characters. After days of no issues at all.

Limb beating and stage fatality :(

I think there tech supports things. Which is why there are similar fatalities. Such as chest and mouth holes etc.

Yea, you can see the similarity between a lot of them which I totally understand. What I don't understand is the lack of stage fatalities etc. The game seems rushed in that regard, to remove such a staple of the series.

Xevren

How does Cassie fair against Reptile or just zoners in general? Looks like im gonna need to main two characters.

Cassie can fight zoners pretty well, she can get around the screen really quickly. In spec ops she can fill it with shit too. Also can meter burn her glow kick to get around projectiles if you really want to use it. Absolute monster in the corner too.

Well, just completed maxing out the faction rank for Special Forces, after only joining two days ago. Last night I checked and I was rank 4 in the faction. Wut.

On to Brotherhood of Shadow!

Onemic

His first one is alright atleast. Erron got super fucked in that regard.

Ya, I only use the first one because at least the whole squeezing your opponents heart out on his face is decent. But the second one is just straight garbage.

I have a feeling theyre gonna add fatality DLC to this game and take everyones money

She has her own account as well. Is there no way for player 2 to have same unlocks as player 1 on same system? We shouldn't have to unlock everything twice?

It might be the case unfortunately...are you on xbone or ps4?

I bought it and it looks pretty awful IMO, I'll never use it when I get the Klassic skin. It was only £1.50 though so whatever.

Am I the only one that has the classic skin? I read on IGN I think a couple of days ago that the classic skin was coming out. But I had already received it when I finished the test your might tower.

Haines

Banned
Ya, I only use the first one because at least the whole squeezing your opponents heart out on his face is decent. But the second one is just straight garbage.

I have a feeling theyre gonna add fatality DLC to this game and take everyones money

It might be the case unfortunately...are you on xbone or ps4?

Ps4. That's brutal if true.

His 2,1 full chain is pretty bad to use since it's so unsafe. Always best to use f4,1.2 and hit confirm into your special.

For an easy midscreen I do:

f4,1,2 cancelled into bf2 and once you stop the dash f4,1,2 cancelled into db4.

Normal midscreen bnb for me is:
f4,1,2 xx bf2, 2,1 (small pause for a different chain) f4,1,2 xx bf4. This one is a lot harder but is 30%
i mained reptile and im trying to learn some combos, sounds like you're pretty good with him, I just have no clue what f4, 1 2 xx etc. means.

Haines

Banned
hmmm, so shes logged into her own account and its not working? Have you tried logging her into a guest account then to see if it works?

Yeah. Doesn't show the fatality I have unlocked.

Tried logging her on player 2 as her psn profile and as a guest.

I can understand unlocks but why we should need to unlock everything twice on 1 system is beyond rediculous.

I might email netherealm to see if this is correct.

On top of that getting coins to actually unlock anything is a bitch. I'm even trying to do living towers right now and it won't connect...game is really unpleasant experience as a package. Too bad BC the core is so great when you are fighting.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Yeah. Doesn't show the fatality I have unlocked.

Tried logging her on player 2 as her psn profile and as a guest.

I can understand unlocks but why we should need to unlock everything twice on 1 system is beyond rediculous.

I might email netherealm to see if this is correct.

On top of that getting coins to actually unlock anything is a bitch. I'm even trying to do living towers right now and it won't connect...game is really unpleasant experience as a package. Too bad BC the core is so great when you are fighting.

Maybe it's just me, but I can see limiting unlocks by account on one console. I can see each account owner wanting to experience the unlocks themselves on their own terms. If I were the developer I think that would be the least controversial of the two options. Otherwise you get people complaining that they didn't get the full experience because their brother/roommate/whatever unlocked it first.

Haines

Banned
Maybe it's just me, but I can see limiting unlocks by account on one console. I can see each account owner wanting to experience the unlocks themselves on their own terms. If I were the developer I think that would be the least controversial of the two options. Otherwise you get people complaining that they didn't get the full experience because their brother/roommate/whatever unlocked it first.

Absolutely. But than let my guest have the unlocks? Not everyone plays online.

So me and girl. We play on one system beside each other on the couch. We played the story together. We play against each other. She's actually pretty good. But now the huge grind to unlock everything has to be done TWICE so that we can even enjoy the full game.

Let guest have p1 unlocks. That's all I ask.

Demoskinos

Absolutely. But than let my guest have the unlocks? Not everyone plays online.

So me and girl. We play on one system beside each other on the couch. We played the story together. We play against each other. She's actually pretty good. But now the huge grind to unlock everything has to be done TWICE so that we can even enjoy the full game.

Let guest have p1 unlocks. That's all I ask.

You don't need to unlock the Fatalities to actually do them.

i mained reptile and im trying to learn some combos, sounds like you're pretty good with him, I just have no clue what f4, 1 2 xx etc. means.
The letters represent dpad inputs f=forward, b=back, etc. The numbers refer to the face buttons with 1 representing square on the PS4, 2 is triangle, 3 is X, 4 is circle. Or ABXY on Xbox.

UB U UF -2-
B--N--F 1-4
DB D DF -3-

Hopefully that makes sense. N means neutral.

Nuke Soda

Agreed!

I don't know why they even bothered with that one. So many more creative ideas they could've went with.

On the bright side there is no Quan Chi Neck Stretch fatality. I do not know what the thought was behind that one, but I kind of wish I could have been in the meeting where it was discussed.

stn

I know I suck but I'm finding some of these special move *****s in the tutorial impossible to reliably perform. Are they terribly important?
Very. You won't be able to play anyone half-decent if you don't at least get comfortable with executing special moves.

Is anyone else still struggling to find a character?

I don't know why no one is clicking for me. There are a few I find fun, Ermac, Takeda, Kotal, Kenshi, but they just aren't clicking. Kenshi is great, but I think he's going to end up being low tier unless they find some good tech for him. His options just feel so limited.

Takeda and Ermac are really good, but I hate their aesthetic.

I'm trying out other people though. Hope I find someone. :(

Softgels

Banned
Jax bae. I wonder how Predator and Jason will play, though. The biggest disappointment of MK9 was that Freddy was the remake version and not Robert Englund.

Nuke Soda

I'm really mad at whoever got me thinking that this week would be Jason's release lol, seemed like a real possibility with the patch and him appearing in the characters section.

Top Bottom