• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So I guess there are no faction challenges when your faction is the champion, huh?

Pretty pissed off at the PC version. I was able to get some stages to lock 60 fps even with a 4.6 2500k and a 290x, while others were a stuttering mess with all the fixes suggested included the ambient occulusion I mentioned earlier.

Glad I only paid 22$ for the steam key.

I went out and bought the PS4 version so I can actually get patches on time and have an online that functions along with a game supported by NR.

Onemic

Pretty pissed off at the PC version. I was able to get some stages to lock 60 fps even with a 4.6 2500k and a 290x, while others were a stuttering mess with all the fixes suggested included the ambient occulusion I mentioned earlier.

I went out and bought the PS4 version so I can actually get patches on time and have an online that functions along with a game supported by NR.

It was the same for me until today. Im not sure if there was a patch or something, but I now get a solid 60 everywhere but the Sky Temple.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So according to my latest stats I've played 0 ranked games. Ok...

My faction challenge stats for the first four days of last week never saved, which is crap.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Lol two quitters in a row. My Cassie is becoming effective :p

None of my stats are saving... Weird.

Edit: I should add it was a scorpion and a kenshi that quit. Even funnier.

Ferrio

Banned
Man the online is so god damned bad, not just the matches but everything is slow slow slow. Reading stats takes forever, enter a room and pinging every player takes a century, finding matches via player match takes forever. Wow.

Onemic

Man the online is so god damned bad, not just the matches but everything is slow slow slow. Reading stats takes forever, enter a room and pinging every player takes a century, finding matches via player match takes forever. Wow.

ya, the whole reading stats thing is the worst. Sometimes it will take 2 minutes, sometimes it will just hang there indefinitely.

So are we getting Batman DLC?

Yeah stats are super bad. I think it's because faction stuff is shared between all platforms, which includes PC.

OK, so I'm a Scorpion player (Hellfire variation) and I got absolutely slammed against a Thunder God Raiden, specifically once he used the full screen tackle (usually after I whiff a normal, such as f4), got me into the corner and started up the corner pressure and chaining the command grab. Do you have any advice on how to either avoid getting tackled, where to break the corner combo, or anything else in general. I should mention that I also am willing to switch to Goro if it can help.

Ah, okay. That makes more sense then.
It also doesn't work in practice unless you turn off infinite meter. The move itself gives you meter (and health on MB) so it won't trigger with infinite meter.

Alright, Warlock Quan Chi looks fun, gonna try him out. I'm gonna find someone I really like, I know it!

Ferrio

Banned
Well I'm done with this game. I took a chance on giving Netherrealm the benefit of the doubt but nope they continue to be the worst online system in the genre. Please Netherrealm, with all this money you're making from the DLC shit you should of been able to hire someone that knows a damn about it.

Nuke Soda

Well I'm done with this game. I took a chance on giving Netherrealm the benefit of the doubt but nope they continue to be the worst online system in the genre. Please Netherrealm, with all this money you're making from the DLC shit you should of been able to hire someone that knows a damn about it.

It'll be fixed
in a year or two.

Softgels

Banned

I've had zero issues with 60FPS even with a few years old graphics card. All my issues come from random program crashes. Which just happen to happen right before or during fighting Shinnok. Could be a Motionjoy issue. Idk.

Naite

Played my first few online matches. Despite my fears and my crappy Canadian internet, it could be better but it was not as bad as I expected. I was able to do the run combos I've been having trouble in training mode somewhat consistently online.

Got my first ragequit during my very first win. No quitality though.

Cover her mouth and Mileena is actually pretty hot in this game. Unlike the SMB movie goomba face she had in 9.

imuFQlB.jpg

Onemic

Anyone know how to consistently cancel out of Scorpions teleport?(his fwd teleport cancel specifically) It seems next to impossible to do it consistently. My inputs are perfect and right after I input teleport and yet I only get the cancel into one of his two alternate teleport 1/5 times.

Anyone know how to consistently cancel out of Scorpions teleport? It seems next to impossible to do it consistently. My inputs are perfect and right after I input teleport and yet I only get the cancel into one of his two alternate teleport 1/5 times.

hold down the button as soon as you finish inputting the teleport Its easier when you are holding down because you have to input the opposite direction from what you are facing.

I'm really afraid they're going to nerf Jax soon. I shouldn't be able to win so easily online after winning a few rounds of boom cup. I'm not that good.

Shit, even got a quiality. f21 too strong

Unicorn

Holy shit. Anyone watching Max's stream. That brutality with Takeda was amazing.

Edit:
FUCK that Sub-Zero freeze one!

It's beautiful. MK2 throwback grenade :')

A week later and this game's MB timing still fucks me up. I don't know why it's not more forgiving, but I find MBing during combos tough still.

My brain just ain't clicking.

A week later and this game's MB timing still fucks me up. I don't know why it's not more forgiving, but I find MBing during combos tough still.

My brain just ain't clicking.
Just press it at the same time as the special move and hold it?

Also, is there no way to send hate mail to ranked players in this game? I feel like I should have gotten some by now. Also just played an Unbreakable Sub-Zero online. That was weird.

Just press it at the same time as the special move and hold it?

Also, is there no way to send hate mail to ranked players in this game? I feel like I should have gotten some by now. Also just played an Unbreakable Sub-Zero online. That was weird.
I figured it out, it actually wasn't my fault entirely. Quan Chi's ground blast is a delayed MB input. Oops.

Rurunaki

Oh I totally agree. Also spoke about this because the term "50/50" comes up a lot in MKX. Essentially, your goal in every fighting game is to force your opponent into a guess. A 50/50 guess is amazing odds for the offender, and MKX puts you into that situation very easily, while other games it can take quite some time to get to that point. It took time for Injustice to evolve into that situation, but now almost everyone can do it right off the bat.

The biggest issue facing MKX right now is the option select tech, which allows players to never commit to anything unsafe with select characters, and get the conversion safely due to an input oddity. I really hope this gets patched out eventually.

Max, you plan on making guides for MKX? I would really love to pick your brains when it comes to Kenshi.

Top Bottom