• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Trojan X

Banned
Thunder god is my main and I love the treatment he got from NR, he looks so badass in the Dark and Future costumes and has the nicest XRay of them all. Wish I could pull some of the combos Tony-T does hehe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve55ZFnVpVw

Two things:

1. My gosh, Raiden definitely is awesome in this game. Probably the best version of Raiden in the entire MK series.

2. Damn! This soundtrack sounds SOLID, especially if you have a sick sound setup! Why are most of the play videos feature such low volume music? Don't people know that what makes MK is SOUND? Just like the arcades, the music should be BOOMING from the moment you start the game, and any use of the MK Movie music should be figuratively thrown out of the window.

Dr. Buni

If you think about it, Brutalities are like MK1, 2, and 3 fatalities, and the way it is done looks and feels so much more satisfying than the actual MKX fatalities.
Yeah, lets pretend over the top fatalities weren't a thing in the original trilogy.

Unicorn

If you think about it, Brutalities are like MK1, 2, and 3 fatalities, and the way it is done looks and feels so much more satisfying than the actual MKX fatalities.

Absolutely. I've been thinking of making a thread about it, but I'm so far behind in school I can't devote time to it.

But yes. Max's stream last night had him raving about Brutalities and how it makes the player feel powerful. The fact that your attacks blend and transition into these finishers is what gives players the satisfaction and powerful feedback that they are performing these brutal attacks. I haven't even had a chance to play this game, but just watching combos that end in them and seeing Max's reaction and other players' reactions tells me all I need to know about them.

The added bonus is a lot of them are throwbacks to classic fatalities. Some look low-budget (simply heads popping off), but a lot look great.

I'm with what Max was saying last night in that every fighting game should be implementing these unique finishers based on qualifiers performed during a match, such as winning round 2 in a Perfect, or not blocking for a round. There is such a payoff and feeling of accomplishment (and shaming) for players.

Xevren

Brutalities in MK3 looked way more over the top than brutalities in MKX. I wish MKX brutalities were more like MK3's.

Over the top sure, but they were pretty stupid. Who really wants to memorize a long ass sequence for that again? God knows I have enough to memorize in this.

DSmalls84

Anyone else main Johnny Cage? Just finished unlocking all of his kombat kards yesterday. I like every variation but I'm leaning towards A-list the most. I really like the charge mechanic for combos and specials.

Brutalities in MK3 looked way more over the top than brutalities in MKX. I wish MKX brutalities were more like MK3's.
This is what I thought when they revealed them, but then I played the actual game and I prefer these new brutalties over a lot fatalities. It's so satisfying landing one mid combo. UMK3 with their 7 legs, 3 arms, 72 ribs is just damn ridiculous in the worst kind of way.

Dr. Buni

I do agree that the MKX brutalities are better than the fatalities.
What an incredibly confusion statement when the facts speaks for itself. Go back and see MK1, 2 and 3 again so you can understand. No wait, I'll help you. Watch up to MK3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yfQS0geuGM
I don't need to watch a video, I still have and play the games (mainly MK3). As I said, you can keep pretending over the top fatalities weren't a thing in the original trilogy.

Also, tone down the attitude, you aren't talking to one of your friends :)

Looks like UncleFestor (who I guess released something similar for Injustice) just put out an unlocker for the PC. Unlocks basically anything that can be unlocked on the PC version, including Goro and the DLC skins. That last bit seems a bit dicey, be warned. Hopefully something that just unlocks skins that weren't pre-order or DLC surfaces as I don't think I'll ever get the mutiplayer Skins.

Trojan X

Banned

I don't need to watch a video, I still have and play the games (mainly MK3). As I said, you can keep pretending over the top fatalities weren't a thing in the original trilogy.

? I give up. Someone else tell him. He obviously not understanding what I told him.

drotahorror

They're sick that's for sure. I wish they were easier to pull off, ie do any special or throw for the last hit and awesomeness happens.

Can't wait to see a brutality compilation.

Unicorn

I think you guys are actually agreeing right now. lol

ok thanks that makes sense, just still not sure what xx represents. Also you mentioned canceling to start other moves, how do you cancel?

To cancel, you need to enter the commands for the next combo before the animation for the first combo is finished. For example, one of my go-to combos is 1-2-3 and another is <->-R2+1. But I can have one fluid combo by pressing 1-2-3-<->-R2+1 is rapid succession to where the other fighter doesn't have time to recover and has to use a combo breaker to get out of it. The tutorial in the menu is actually quite helpful.

I made a crappy gif of my Mileena combo. What's the best place/way to make gifs?

BZZTvS.gif

Xevren

Just a reminder that a Kombat Kast will be happening today on Netherrealms twitch channel at 3pm cst, more than likely will be about Jason.

Manu

Just a reminder that a Kombat Kast will be happening today on Netherrealms twitch channel at 3pm cst, more than likely will be about Jason.

They're actually gonna have Shawn Kittelsen, the writer of the comic, as a guest.

It's gonna be interesting for those of us who read it.

I think I found my guy, Quan Chi, Warlock specifically. Easy vortex 50/50 though I do need to practice it more. The F3 is just amazing, especially against zoners. He's also not a bad zoner himself.

I really need to practice running though. I believe if you catch them with EX dagger even at fullscreen you can run and begin the 50/50 into the vortex. So they aren't safe at fullscreen from it either.

But I'm not good enough for that yet.

I still hate how dumb a lot of the requirements for brutalities are. Give me some love on Reptile's at least!
Tongue slap. Tongue slap. Tongue slap. Tongue slap. Tongue slap!!
Starting to pick up combos with Raiden (and loving it) but some guides I've read list numbers instead of buttons or moves. Could someone be so kind as to let me know how these number references map out to buttons?

As an example, something like this:

5f: f1, EX df2, 213, b111+3

I'm like, WTF. :)
Answered, but yeah. If you need combos just ask. Got most of them memorized now.
Is Raidens xray supposed to hit full screen, because it caught me.
Also, I love and hate playing as a teleporter. Because every now and then I get caught by random normals.
It's half the screen but it shoots both sides.
Man, thunder god Raiden is a lot of fun. I love the multi-hit normals and combos.
Agreed. So much zappity goodness.

Nuke Soda

Attempted to play Mortal Kombat X as Jaqui online, but some lag and a Liu Kang player who repeated the same stupid combo over and over kind of ruined my fun.

What is a "zoner?"

I think I found my guy, Quan Chi, Warlock specifically. Easy vortex 50/50 though I do need to practice it more. The F3 is just amazing, especially against zoners. He's also not a bad zoner himself.

I really need to practice running though. I believe if you catch them with EX dagger even at fullscreen you can run and begin the 50/50 into the vortex. So they aren't safe at fullscreen from it either.

But I'm not good enough for that yet.

Summoner quan chi is the best variation. You can still catch people in a vortex after any trance you land. Plus having the bat adds an insane amount of pressure / zoning

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I got gold in the MK1 tower but didn't unlock anything?

Top Bottom