• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Wanted him earlier.

I didn't. Honestly he's going to be completely out of place in this game. What do you see Jason doing other then stalking people and slashing them? Watching this character in MK jumping around doing flying kicks and the like is just going to be...strange.

I'm cool with them adding characters that aren't from the story. But make them make sense.

Vote Daniel san for the next DLC.

karate-kid_2_1.png

Durden77

I really want to hold out on buying the Kombat Pass....30 bucks is just too much. But I really want Jason, and I especially want Predator....argggg...

I told myself I was going to wait for a Komplete edition of this game but I already fucked that up. I'm really enjoying it though.

Methos#1975

Watching a hour of fix PC comments and not one person acknowledge it reeks of unprofessionalism, I think we deserve a answer to what is being done fix it

Onemic

Watching a hour of fix PC comments and not one person acknowledge it reeks of unprofessionalism, I think we deserve a answer to what is being done fix it

It was obvious they wouldn't acknowledge it because they don't want to do anything about it.

Just played a King of the Hill match where the controls didn't properly switch over from the KotH UI. During the fight, every time I hit O it would pop up a dialogue box asking if I wanted to quit. It caused me to quit my match because I hit O then X. I'm actively disliking my time with this game because I keep running into dumb issues like this.

Just played a King of the Hill match where the controls didn't properly switch over from the KotH UI. During the fight, every time I hit O it would pop up a dialogue box asking if I wanted to quit. It caused me to quit my match because I hit O then X. I'm actively disliking my time with this game because I keep running into dumb issues like this.
This happened to me this morning. It was right after I had two KOTHs die on me right as it was my turn. So I finally got to play then got this bug.

They really need to iron out the bugs. If they aren't going to do it with small patches, then they better do a huge one with the Jason patch.

Majestad

Banned
Any tips on getting better?

Jumping in and pushing square square something and upper cutting is all I got!

Learn your favorite character simplest combos. Once you get a hang of those and you can do them without thinking, you can get into more complex juggling combos.

Learn your favorite character simplest combos. Once you get a hang of those and you can do them without thinking, you can get into more complex juggling combos.

The biggest dilema I have right now is trying to figure out which character I want to master. And then...figure out what style.

Then again...I have problems picking out a toothbrush.

SlickVic

Few noob questions:

1. For a move like 2,1,2 is it necessary to use 2 fingers on the buttons to pull it off? I cannot do it with just 1 finger on the buttons (i.e. if I'm trying to hold the controller as I would normally and only have my thumb over the face buttons) as it feels like I need to be pushing on the next button input while I'm still letting go of the prior one.

2. Trying to learn Kitana's mesmerize as an example of a basic combo (B3, 3, 2) and I'm not really getting the timing down. I feel these combos with 2 of the same button inputs (3 then 3 again) are a bit more challenging for me as I'm not sure how I should be timing the next button. Any tips?

Thanks for any help on these basic questions.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

Can you imagine if they had just said "Sorry guys, we're aware of the PC problems but we're working on them right now"? I would have died on the spot. Instead they just ignored everyone like we were shit on their shoe. I honestly can't remember the last time an AAA game had so many issues on PC, it's honestly ridiculous how much is wrong with it and patches aren't coming out anywhere near fast enough.

I can't believe how many times my character runs without me wanting to.

I can't dash and immediately block anymore. This ruins the game for me. Absolutely ruins it.

Few noob questions:

1. For a move like 2,1,2 is it necessary to use 2 fingers on the buttons to pull it off? I cannot do it with just 1 finger on the buttons (i.e. if I'm trying to hold the controller as I would normally and only have my thumb over the face buttons) as it feels like I need to be pushing on the next button input while I'm still letting go of the prior one.

2. Trying to learn Kitana's mesmerize as an example of a basic combo (B3, 3, 2) and I'm not really getting the timing down. I feel these combos with 2 of the same button inputs (3 then 3 again) are a bit more challenging for me as I'm not sure how I should be timing the next button. Any tips?

Do not wait for the animation of the moves to come out. Just press them right after you press the last. You will have pressed what ever sequence of buttons completely before the animation fully plays out. It's basically called buffereing.

drotahorror

Few noob questions:

First off, turn off Release Check if you haven't already. Press options/start and go to control settings.

1. No you don't need 2 fingers but yes you have to be quick. If you turn off Release Check it should recognize your inputs quicker, and may help you a lot.

2. I'm assuming you mistyped that but mesmerize is F3,3,2. If it's not coming out, you're too slow I would think. Press it exactly as it is , F X X Triangle. You can do F and then X, or F+X. If you're too slow press it as fast as you can.

I am no expert though hah, I'm a noob. And dude above me gave a good tip, do not wait for the animation to happen on the screen. Just do it.

SlickVic

Do not wait for the animation of the moves to come out. Just press them right after you press the last. You will have pressed what ever sequence of buttons completely before the animation fully plays out. It's basically called buffereing.

First off, turn off Release Check if you haven't already. Press options/start and go to control settings.

1. No you don't need 2 fingers but yes you have to be quick. If you turn off Release Check it should recognize your inputs quicker, and may help you a lot.

2. I'm assuming you mistyped that but mesmerize is F3,3,2. If it's not coming out, you're too slow I would think. Press it exactly as it is , F X X Triangle. You can do F and then X, or F+X. If you're too slow press it as fast as you can.

I am no expert though hah, I'm a noob. And dude above me gave a good tip, do not wait for the animation to happen on the screen. Just do it.

Thanks guys appreciate it. Pretty sure I turned off release check but I'll double check. I really thought I was hitting the buttons as fast as I could though perhaps I'm inadvertently pressing extra buttons in between as well. Maybe I just don't have the required dexterity to play these games, though I'll try playing around with it some more.

Was the X Samurai Pack something that was suppose to be free with the Kombat Pack? Because looking at PS Store there are two option to buy it. One is $3.99, the other is Free. I chose the free option (naturally).

vg260

I honestly don't fault them for not getting into it on that stream, if those guys even know the status. It was not really the point.
The next one has a Q&A w/ Boon.

After you dash in try hitting back and block at the same time. Usually stops the run from happening.

back doesn't cancel it.

From TYM's system guide:
Running allows you to quickly advance while being able to cancel out of your run at any point with an attack, block, crouch, or forward jump. Run speed varies from character to character. Running is done by quickly inputting Forward, Forward + Block. Your stamina will deplete as you run. You also cannot begin to run without at least one full bar of stamina. Run can also be cancelled with a Back Dash but this does require an additional bar of stamina meter on top of the stamina used during the run. If you attempt to cancel your run with a back dash but do not have enough stamina, your character will cancel out of run with a back walk instead of a back dash.

Onemic

I honestly don't fault them for not getting into it on that stream, if those guys even know the status. It was not really the point.
The next one has a Q&A w/ Boon.

Boon is much more likely to respond to those questions I think.

Opto

Banned
Having never been too deep in fighting games before and what devs do with them, is it possible they would change the way special move cancels have to be input before the combo animation plays out?

vg260

Having never been too deep in fighting games before and what devs do with them, is it possible they would change the way special move cancels have to be input before the combo animation plays out?

That's a pretty major engine change, so it's not likely.

Dr. Buni

Can you imagine if they had just said "Sorry guys, we're aware of the PC problems but we're working on them right now"? I would have died on the spot. Instead they just ignored everyone like we were shit on their shoe. I honestly can't remember the last time an AAA game had so many issues on PC, it's honestly ridiculous how much is wrong with it and patches aren't coming out anywhere near fast enough.
Yeah. The game is really good but the PC version still is an nonfunctional mess. PC players being treated like shit doesn't even surprise me anymore.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. The game is really good but the PC version still is an nonfunctional mess. PC players being treated like shit doesn't even surprise me anymore.

Yeah, I'm getting close to not caring about the game, but for now I still want to play, but if the game keeps telling me no I will get sick of it sooner rather than later.

Either way, I plan to buy a PS4 when revision 2 hits, hopefully in time for the Christmas sale. I just can't take rubbish ports any more, I have 10x the power of a console but it's no use if the devs keep putting out shitter after shitter.

DomLando

What should I unlock first in the Krypt? If I can unlock it other ways like some of the costumes I rather not use my coins. Are the Brutalities only unlockable through the Krypt or you can do them if you know what they are like the second fatality?

RM8

What are the problems with the PC version? Game runs well on PC for me.
Consider yourself lucky! Some people have no issues, while other people can barely play it. It's not even related to specs, people with super beefy PCs can experience crashes and graphical glitches. Check this thread to see what people are struggling with. Personally, I only have this issue of the game not upscaling to full screen if I choose any resolution below native, but I think that's because I'm playing on a toaster. My Alienware Alpha arrives today, so I'm both happy (finally, 60fps!) but nervous that I might experience other issues.

Top Bottom