• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Rocketz

Landed my first online brutality with Kitana earlier and it was super satisfying. Dude was playing Takeda and went for his x-ray which I blocked and then went right into it. Thing was amazing.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
What are the problems with the PC version? Game runs well on PC for me.

Since you asked:

. The online server goes down every day, multiple times per day. Almost always at EU peak time.

. The game is still crashing to desktop while online, offline is now perfect but online still crashes fairly often, especially in King of the Hill mode where crashing is very, very common.

. The ping bars don't refresh/update while in rooms, they just constantly spin so you can't challenge someone close to you, which leads to laggy matches.

. Sometimes when you're challenged in a room you can't accept or decline, nothing happens when you press the buttons.

. There are no walk off animations on the character select screen.

. Matchmaking is taking a very long time to find games, it used to work much better but now you get stuck in a "looking for opponent" "joining match" loop, with up to 5 minutes wait per match.

. "Lobby no longer available" happens very often at the start of a match.

. While this hasn't happened to me lots of people have had their save data corrupted and progress wiped when crashing to desktop.

. The Krypt levers are bugged, if you messed up the puzzle and leave the Krypt when you come back the levers are still down so you can't progress further.

. There's a memory leak, lots of people have reported it, and I've even ran out of memory myself while playing, with 8GB of physical RAM and a 4GB page file, I haven't had the issue since increasing to an 8GB page file, but the memory usage definitely creeps up and up the longer you play.

Spacebar

Are people quitting during an x-ray so their head doesn't explode? Just had two ranked matches and one was real laggy. It just ended the game. The second one was decent, but I was crushing the dude and during the x-ray the game ended.

Khezu

During the variation select, if you push UP UP, you go into blind variation selection.

And if you push triangle it will select a version of the character with out any variations.

Demoskinos

Landed my first online brutality with Kitana earlier and it was super satisfying. Dude was playing Takeda and went for his x-ray which I blocked and then went right into it. Thing was amazing.

Throat Slash one by chance? That one is fun and its really simple to pull of too. :D

ACH1LL3US

What are the problems with the PC version? Game runs well on PC for me.

PC version runs perfect for me at 4k 60fps maxed on a Titan X.

I also just nabbed 1 million coins doing the trick on endless battle lol.

The issue for the PC version is for whatever reason the online server isnt working and you cant play online games, at least today that was the case.

Oh and there is no walk away animation aftee selecting your character :( Consoles win there ....

Majestad

Banned
Who is everyone's toughest matchup? For my Cassie, it has to be the f*cking variation of Scorpion that summons minion. Gotta find a way to beat that shit.

I hate people who quit during the fatality. Seriously?

Also, just finished off a guy with a way higher record with "You think you're bad? You ain't bad." Niceee

Who is everyone's toughest matchup? For my Cassie, it has to be the f*cking variation of Scorpion that summons minion. Gotta find a way to beat that shit.
Raiden (who I was playing against then) and Kung Jin.

Demoskinos

I HATE playing against Liu Kang. He is a ridiculously good zoner. Ducking High Fire balls? Okay, here is a low fireball. You wanna try to jump that low fireball? DRAGON KICK! *sigh*

go online after a few days
finally get into a KotH room in less than 5 minutes
King is playing as kung lao
king has 27 win streak and no losses and over 4k respect
nobody can even get a round on him
i leave room after getting my ass kicked 3 times to find another game....

stuck the searching for matches... motherfucker maaaaan

valeo

go online after a few days
finally get into a KotH room in less than 5 minutes
King is playing as kung lao
king has 27 win streak and no losses and over 4k respect
nobody can even get a round on him
i leave room after getting my ass kicked 3 times to find another game....

stuck the searching for matches... motherfucker maaaaan

Am I the only one who finds it kinda fun getting my ass kicked 20 times and then finally taking a round?

ACH1LL3US

How do I do this? :0

Works on the pc version only, go to single player then towers and choose the endless battle tower, then let the cpu beat you on first oppponent .. collect 30k coins. Rinse and repeat, I did it while watching the NetherRealm stream today, had no coins and after 45-60 mins had a million. I hopefully will be able to buy everything in the krypt for that..

Cipher

Works on the pc version only, go to single player then towers and choose the endless battle tower, then let the cpu beat you.. collect 30k coins. Rinse and repeat, I did it while watching the NetherRealm stream today, had no coins and after 45-60 mins had a million. I hopefully will be able to buy everything in the krypt for that..

Why is something like that pc only? :(

Yaari

I wish the whole User Data sequence would be faster. That shit takes so much time when going online.

Gave Spec Ops Cassie a try but I'm not good enough to fully utilize her, Brawler is more my thing until I get better.

Combo's that require me to run in between are what is really challenging me currently, I just can't get it done.

Aske

Just need to rave: goddam I love Jax. And Erron Black. Hadn't touched either of them until yesterday. Both of them coincidentally have some of the best X-rays in the game.

Time to change faction last now that I'm level 50 :(

Goodbye Special Forces, we went from 5% to 12%. I'll miss you, but I'll be back after I get that gold trophy.

Khezu

I finally tried the online today.

I can't believe how bad it actually is, it's worse then Injustice.
The input delay feels worse. In Injustice I could sorta get used to it and have some fun, this feels like my character is constantly underwater.

Not only that, but everything around the netcode feels like a huge step down compared to Injustice.
Mostly getting into matches, and stability.

It takes forever to do anything, and several matches just drop on the character select screen, constantly getting slowdown during gameplay, even during fatalities and intros.
It feels like the severs are on fire.

With Injustice, everything worked, I could go straight online and get into a match super snappy with out much wait, and rarely got any slowdown type lag, just lots of input delay.

Demoskinos

ugh now i find another room and its a shit necro shinnok thats just using the slam and the flick attacks...

Yeah, that's an annoying attack. Although... I wont lie if you're the one doing it its hilariously satisfying to just keep flicking someone on their ass like they are a fly.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Wait 5 minutes to find a ranked game. Beat a level 50's Lui Kang senseless with my sweet Cassie. He rage quits before match ends. Fuuuuuuuck.

Voror

Decided to rent this to try it out. Fighting games are something I always want to play and get at least decent at, but I just can't ever seem to manage it. Just remembering and inputting the commands for the special moves is something I have trouble with.

Would playing through Story Mode be a way to perhaps get more comfortable with everything?

Decided to rent this to try it out. Fighting games are something I always want to play and get at least decent at, but I just can't ever seem to manage it. Just remembering and inputting the commands for the special moves is something I have trouble with.

Would playing through Story Mode be a way to perhaps get more comfortable with everything?

If you suck as bad as me I'd suggest sticking to training mode for a while, then doing AI matches of increasing difficulty. I still find easy a healthy challenge. I'm quite terrible!

Korezo

PC version runs perfect for me at 4k 60fps maxed on a Titan X.

I also just nabbed 1 million coins doing the trick on endless battle lol.

The issue for the PC version is for whatever reason the online server isnt working and you cant play online games, at least today that was the case.

Oh and there is no walk away animation aftee selecting your character :( Consoles win there ....

So you get no stutter at all durning character select and character introduction?

dcx4610

Decided to buy the game on a whim with the $99 controller+game Amazon deal.

I was a huge MK fan growing up but lost interest in the series. I bought the 2009 game and enjoyed it but something about this new one didn't grab me. I'm happy to say it's pretty good. It really does kind of feel like more of the same from the 2009 game but once again, the story mode is good and there's a ton of stuff to do.

I'm not thrilled with the characters designs and actually think I hate most of the classic designs other than Scorpion but the graphics are nice and overall although every looks a bit too plastic.

I don't want to knock everything though. If you liked MK9, you'll like this.

RSTEIN

Is there a reason my ranked stats get wiped every time I play? I go to leaderboard and I have zero data. I check my profile, lists just the games I've played in the current session, no history. On PC.

So block and punish and collect your free win?

his slam is unblockable and i cant get close he uses that pillar move and if you get past that he hits you with an uppercut..

i coulda used a character with a teleport to get around him but i dont really like relying on that.

Rocketz

Ermac. Mystic to be exact. I always get caught in his Tele-hang and his ability to teleport throws me off.

Jaeger

I'm bored. So here's my "If I was in charge of the DLC "Story DLC"".

SMOKE
KOSTUMES
Normal
Revenant
MK9 (redesign it a bit)
MK2 (please fans of the original design)
Cyborg throwback (new design though, original sucks)
wSu2ikF.jpg

JANAiDq.png

PBfajqo.png

TPWzFks.png

FATALITIES
First would be a variation of his Faction Kill (which itself is a variation to one of his MK9 Fatalities). Second would be a fatality homage to his UMK3 Human Smoke Fatality, and has been adopted in some way ever since, where he goes into them and causes them to explode. Using this new damage detail they have with these bodies, I can only imagine as crazy and gruesome a fatality like his could be, now! Maybe have every little nub and digit pop off as smoke shoots from every new opening he creates. Could be brutal.

Also in the pack, I'd include 2 new levels, both with level fatalities. I'll do my next who should be in the DLC character, later.

RSTEIN

Anyone have Cassie tips? (or footage)
- lots of easy ~20% combos.
- like cartwheel to EX gunshot
- or ->4 which launches then into to brawler tackle.
- i always start the match with EX gunshot lands almost every time
- great overhead combo ->3,3,3
- great low starter combo hold DF and 3
- zone with gun and punish with cartwheel when the jump in
- very versatile, can start combos with overhead or low mix up close with the overhead combo,sweeps, brawler tackle and cartwheel keep em guessing
- biggest problem is zoners like kenshi. No way for her to traverse screen easily

Top Bottom