• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Any tips for all 50 faction trophy?
I'm on my third faction at level 40. Getting a streak online gives you a HUGE boost if you get it really high. Also, try doing brutalities every time. If you can't, do a fatality. Also, have FXP icons, border, and backgrounds equipped. If you can't or don't think you're good enough for a massive online streak, try doing a tower. Getting flawless victories and brutalities are easier here and difficulty doesn't have a huge influence on FXP earned.

Honestly though, just make it come naturally. This was designed to keep your interest in the game. No point in going all in and stopping after 2 weeks :p

Vaga

Any tips for all 50 faction trophy?

Step 1 - set match options to 1 round win
Step 2 - set up a two player match if you have 2 DS4's or match against easy AI
Step 3 - set background, icon, border to give FXP bonus. Always end your game in a brutality for more FXP and a faster finish.

Grind away. You can level up a faction in about 2 hours or less.

kriskrosbbk

Ok that was released few weeks ago :

26th April - Jason Voorhees (12 days after game launches)
10th May - Tremor
24th May - Predator
7th June - Tanya

On the last night's Kombat Kast they revealed Jason is coming on 5th which is well 10 days delay.

So my question would be ,do we expect the below timeline now:

5th May- Jason Voorhees (22 days after game launches)
20th May - Tremor
4th June - Predator
17th June - Tanya

Thanks guys ! :D

Another question here. Is the Invasion Boss available right now??
I went to check in Faction but Invasion Boss & Tower still red for me.

Nuke Soda

Finally put this game away and started a new character in Bloodborne, third time is a charm.... I hope.

I will throw MKX back on in a few days probably. I don't want to get burned out on it too fast.

Genio88

I bought it on PC, it's good to play online or with a friend, but i really don't like the story mode, i tried it but it's so boring and bad, weird cause i have good memories of the MK9 story mode, maybe cause i was younger

Tokubetsu

Finally landed Cassie Cage's beatdown brutality.

pwIOFnA.gif

Why is there no love for Goro :( I'd love to watch some pro stream him live so I'd get to see how they do it.

Just from watching the streams, Goro is slow and hard to keep pressure unless in the corner.

Most people who are picking the game up usually pick a 'neutral' character who is a good all-rounder but aren't particularly tricky/stylish when it comes to combos and general moveset.

Kalavaras

Banned
Just from watching the streams, Goro is slow and hard to keep pressure unless in the corner.

Most people who are picking the game up usually pick a 'neutral' character who is a good all-rounder but aren't particularly tricky/stylish when it comes to combos and general moveset.

The few streams I've seen people play Goro they tend to go batshit crazy with the fangs and play a LOT slower with tigrar/kuatan due to their better ranged attacks and the lack of that spin on close range. I'm so new to fighting games I've no clue what's the optimal way to play him. So far I've only practised the fangs and I do play pretty agressively.

Got around 100 online matches played as Necromancer Shinnok. As someone who played as Sinestro in Injustice, he's a natural fit, just wish his frames were better. Like, way better. Getting away with murder online because no-one knows how to punish (or can't punish in lag).

vg260

Well, I finally unlocked everything in the Krypt on PS4. I want to punch whoever put in that gambling statue thing.
I wish I wasn't so OCD about unlocking stuff in fighters (and that they didn't lock so much stuff behind grinding). Between this and KI I've wasted so much time doing mindless grinding for unlocks and I'm still terrible at the games.

Gurrry

Well, I finally unlocked everything in the Krypt on PS4. I want to punch whoever put in that gambling statue thing.
I wish I wasn't so OCD about unlocking stuff in fighters (and that they didn't lock so much stuff behind grinding). Between this and KI I've wasted so much time doing mindless grinding for unlocks and I'm still terrible at the games.

Lol. Noob. Couldve just paid 20 bucks!!!
Totally jk.

So what was your method for acquiring the most Koins quickly?

Gurrry

As I play more of this game, I have found that I hate the run button. Maybe its because im still not used to it, but I hate combos that have runs in them and I hate that the run button is tied to the block button and not L2/LT.

As far as I know, changing your stance with L2/LT does nothing. So why did they put the run on the block button???

My execution probably needs some fine tuning, I admit that. But dash blocking is really a pain in the ass now. I always end up running when im just trying to block and then eat a nasty combo because of it.

vg260

So what was your method for acquiring the most Koins quickly?

I went offline and never downloaded the patch and beat up on the story boss repeatedly. :p
It probably would have been a better use of my time to buy an unlock, but I'm too stubborn to give in to that.
Also, I had a bunch of expiring Xbox credit I'm going to lose, and no other game I wanted, so I got it on there too. :/ So, I have the same thing to deal with there, but at least I can catch up on shows while doing so, and I'm not bothering with art and music unlocks. I don't feel bad at all about using their boss credit pre-patch oversight. They should have just tied it to your WB account, because it sucks if you actually double-dip. Of course, then there's the mobile nonsense, but it's not even out on android yet.

Online seems to be working better now. I was able to play without much lag yesterday. Still got my ass kicked, but this time it actually felt like my fault.

So, I'm a big fan of slower, harder hitting characters and I've been playing as Kotal Kahn in his War God variation. I really like how he plays but I can't figure out how to beat fast characters who really keep the pressure on, like Liu Kang. It seems like none of his moves have any recovery time to get an attack in. Any tips?

Gurrry

I went offline and never downloaded the patch and beat up on the story boss repeatedly. :p
It probably would have been a better use of my time to buy an unlock, but I'm too stubborn to give in to that.
Also, I had a bunch of expiring Xbox credit I'm going to lose, and no other game I wanted, so I got it on there too. :/ So, I have the same thing to deal with there, but at least I can catch up on shows while doing so, and I'm not bothering with art and music unlocks. I don't feel bad at all about using their boss credit pre-patch oversight. They should have just tied it to your WB account, because it sucks if you actually double-dip. Of course, then there's the mobile nonsense, but it's not even out on android yet.

Hmmm thats actually not a bad idea... I may do that myself. I thought id have enough coins after playing matches for awhile but.. nope. I havent finished story mode, so i dont know how much that gives.. but it seems like it would take forever to get enough. I just want my DVorah costume damnit!!!

vg260

Hmmm thats actually not a bad idea... I may do that myself. I thought id have enough coins after playing matches for awhile but.. nope. I havent finished story mode, so i dont know how much that gives.. but it seems like it would take forever to get enough. I just want my DVorah costume damnit!!!

I think you can unlock all of at least one character's stuff with the money you get from story mode and the koin rewards and locations from the Krypt area unlocks. Don't just open random stuff. Use a guide. Seems like they really drug out the unlocks to keep the meta game relevant for a long time, but I have no interest in that.

So I'm maiming liu kang at the moment and I'm wrecking shit online with the dragon fury variation. Now I'm not the best at fighting games, I suck to be honest don't know how I'm doing so good with Mr. liu Liu. I want to main another rush down type of character, I was thinking Kung Lao or Jax. Any suggestions?

So I'm maiming liu kang at the moment and I'm wrecking shit online with the dragon fury variation. Now I'm not the best at fighting games, I suck to be honest don't know how I'm doing so good with Mr. liu Liu. I want to main another rush down type of character, I was thinking Kung Lao or Jax. Any suggestions?
Go for Jax! I don't know if he's similar to Liu Kang, but give him a try. Dash punch is probably similar to the dragon kick if nothing else.

Slurmer

Banned
Got around 100 online matches played as Necromancer Shinnok. As someone who played as Sinestro in Injustice, he's a natural fit, just wish his frames were better. Like, way better. Getting away with murder online because no-one knows how to punish (or can't punish in lag).

Got any tips? I was a Sinestro player too and went right to Necromancer Shinnok but he seemed terrible to me. He's got a good fast low starter but it isnt hit confirmable, and his onlu vortex option is with the imposter variation from what I can tell.

Zoning just feels harder to rely on in this game than in Injustice.

Top Bottom