• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Got any tips? I was a Sinestro player too and went right to Necromancer Shinnok but he seemed terrible to me. He's got a good fast low starter but it isnt hit confirmable, and his onlu vortex option is with the imposter variation from what I can tell.

Zoning just feels harder to rely on in this game than in Injustice.

It's because the stage size in Injustice was HUGE. The game encouraged superhero characters to blast eachother with magic/powers, so they gave you a lot of room to work with. MKX is the literally opposite design choice. Run mechanic, normal stage size. It's all about close range now.

RM8

MKX runs flawlessly on my Alpha. I'm not having any of the problems I had on my old toaster! I haven't played online, though :p But I'm happy that I avoided all the crashes, graphical glitches and other things (which I didn't get on my old PC, it just performed really badly and the MK10.exe process had to be closed manually even after exiting to Windows). Very happy with my purchase now that I have a decent PC, really.

As I play more of this game, I have found that I hate the run button. Maybe its because im still not used to it, but I hate combos that have runs in them and I hate that the run button is tied to the block button and not L2/LT.

As far as I know, changing your stance with L2/LT does nothing. So why did they put the run on the block button???

My execution probably needs some fine tuning, I admit that. But dash blocking is really a pain in the ass now. I always end up running when im just trying to block and then eat a nasty combo because of it.
They put it on block to discourage the dash blocking that plagued MK9.

Digging Cassie and Kano. Cassie for her good normals and strings, and Kano because of his options, mixups, and Blanka ball cancels(easily one of the dumbest yet one of the most awesome moves in fighters) plus its Kano, "Ello Baby". Gotta say, NRS has really impressed me, enjoying my time with this, despite my natural disdain for block buttons in 2d fighters. Still trying to wrap my head around the wakeup 50/50's, high low block mixup game, and chain inputs. While similar to other fighters, these aspects are different enough that its taking some time to adjust.

Hopefully the absurd OS strengths are toned down in eventual patches. With commando Kano, I can either end in a safe string on block, or get the hit and continue into a 30-40% combo depending on screen position. That's just to much.

I surprised myself this morning by having my first full on "rage" playing someone online. I haven't done something like that since the first Ninja Gaiden. I was fighting an Ermac player with a HORRIBLE connection.....and I think he/she knew it. They kept on doing the same shit teleports and chipping away at my block then grabbing me. It was so hard to counter grab cause of the shit connection and I was also dropping a bunch of my combos because of it. It was strange...I was all calm and collected the entire way through. Then as I looked at the Ermac wins screen, I just line-drived my controller across the living room, smashing it off a wall.

I think I'm going to take a break. lol.

Demoskinos

I surprised myself this morning by having my first full on "rage" playing someone online. I haven't done something like that since the first Ninja Gaiden. I was fighting an Ermac player with a HORRIBLE connection.....and I think he/she knew it. They kept on doing the same shit teleports and chipping away at my block then grabbing me. It was so hard to counter grab cause of the shit connection and I was also dropping a bunch of my combos because of it. It was strange...I was all calm and collected the entire way through. Then as I looked at the Ermac wins screen, I just line-drived my controller across the living room, smashing it off a wall.

I think I'm going to take a break. lol.

Same here. I've been pretty good for a long time about not actually getting physically angry about a game but my goodness for some reason losing in this particular game makes me rage and I don't know why its specifically this game that does it to me. I've lost in tons of online games to people and been fine with it...

Same here. I've been pretty good for a long time about not actually getting physically angry about a game but my goodness for some reason losing in this particular game makes me rage and I don't know why its specifically this game that does it to me. I've lost in tons of online games to people and been fine with it...

I guess for me it was probably a result of dropping so much stuff in a particular match. Knowing that if I would of landed it all I would of been able to keep the pressure on.

I DEFEATED MYSELF!! lol.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I can't jell with another character other than Sub Zero, no idea why. I want an alt as playing the same guy all the time gets boring. Hit me with your suggestions, someone with inputs that make sense and flow well, not too hard to play, doesn't rely on run combos and is just solid overall.

JackEtc

Friend found some hidden intros in MKX on the PC version.

Sound really amateurish. Can't believe they kept these in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO_6JqlII58

Fake or not, these are pretty funny
KuGsj.gif

Chairhome

You guys really don't believe these are real, right?
Pretty funny though.

Also, volume 1 of the mkx comic is on sale on Google play for less than $5 if anyone is interested

I can't jell with another character other than Sub Zero, no idea why. I want an alt as playing the same guy all the time gets boring. Hit me with your suggestions, someone with inputs that make sense and flow well, not too hard to play, doesn't rely on run combos and is just solid overall.

Kano Cutthroat man. DO IT!!

I hear Kano is a good beginner characrer as well, he's also not combo heavy.

zogged

Man, now that I've finally managed to find some decent online ping I've realized how not great I am at this game. Still having a blast playing it.

Been playing this for a bit and so far Cassie is pretty damn funny, probably the best new character added to the game, She also makes some pretty hilarious faces when getting hit by things.

11149664_822193441204618_2783525228749437920_o.jpg

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Been playing this for a bit and so far Cassie is pretty damn funny, probably the best new character added to the game, She also makes some pretty hilarious faces when getting hit by things.

Welcome to the Cassie club! You are member #239.

zlatko

Banned
So I think it is safe to assume Cassie, Erron Black and D'Vorah are the three most well received newcomers in MKX.

I haven't seen hate on Takeda or Kung Jin either. Both of those are quite well received as well.

I think the least favored newbie is Ferra Torr mainly due to that character being Dan/Dee Jay tier. AKA ass.

I really thought I may end up as FT player, but the rest of the cast has so much going for them. Poor Ferra Torr. :(

Dr. Buni

Don't forget Takeda, everyone's best friend.

Actually yeah people just hate F/T and hate playing as Kotal.

I haven't seen hate on Takeda or Kung Jin either. Both of those are quite well received as well.

I think the least favored newbie is Ferra Torr mainly due to that character being Dan/Dee Jay tier. AKA ass.

I really thought I may end up as FT player, but the rest of the cast has so much going for them. Poor Ferra Torr. :(
Yeah, true. Takeda's popularity seem to come mostly from the fact he is a great character (mechanically), though. But popularity is popularity.

Jacqui doesn't get much love either, but she also doesn't get hate. She is just ignored :(

Yeah, true. Takeda's popularity seem to come mostly from the fact he is a great character (mechanically), though. But popularity is popularity.

Jacqui doesn't get much love either, but she also doesn't get hate. She is just ignored :(
Yeah I was about to edit in that just nobody cares about Jacqui lol. I've seen some people do great stuff with her though. And yeah you're probably right about Takeda, but I feel the opposite. I like his character (even all his intros are super upbeat and caring) but I can't stand playing as him. I used all my skip tokens for his part of the story lol.

I never have the heart to do fatalities on him though.

Xevren

Don't forget Takeda, everyone's best friend.

Actually yeah people just hate F/T and hate playing as Kotal.

I like them both! I honestly love all the new characters.

F/T is fun but definitely a weird character to use. I like picking him/her against sub just because their projectiles will go through clones/iceballs and still hit him. So fun!

I like them both! I honestly love all the new characters.

F/T is fun but definitely a weird character to use. I like picking him/her against sub just because their projectiles will go through clones/iceballs and still hit him. So fun!
Oooh is that true? I might have to try that out then lol. I can't do anything a grandmaster that's actually smart and runs after projectile trades.

Xevren

Oooh is that true? I might have to try that out then lol. I can't do anything a grandmaster that's actually smart and runs after projectile trades.

Boss toss as far as I have seen eats any projectiles and will still hit, at the trade off it has a cool down since you have to wait for Ferra to come back to Torr to use again. The overhead throw will also do that too. If you have a strong neutral F/T is legit, you don't need big combo's, just a couple hits into boss toss and you already break 30%

Or you can just do what I do, lots of neutral jumping punches since the range is just obscene lol

Dr. Buni

Yeah I was about to edit in that just nobody cares about Jacqui lol. I've seen some people do great stuff with her though. And yeah you're probably right about Takeda, but I feel the opposite. I like his character (even all his intros are super upbeat and caring) but I can't stand playing as him. I used all my skip tokens for his part of the story lol.

I never have the heart to do fatalities on him though.
I actually really like her gameplay and appearance, I just wish she would have some better outfits. Overall I think the best "kids" are Cassie and Kung Jin, though.

Top Bottom