• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

The official 360 d-pad is beyond terrible. I'm honestly not sure what I'll do with the one included with my Alpha, lol. The Hori one is superb and it's what I use for USFIV and KOFXIII.
412ypY7GgpL.jpg

One of these?

Demoskinos

Haha, I love it, you mash buttons at the end of strings/specials as much as I do, lol.

I actually hit R2 twice on the MB rune (in time with each sound) for no reason. It just feels good.

But yeah I should probably just adjust as tapping rather than sliding will probably lead to more accurate combos in general. Something else I've noticed is the way I slide down to back (QCB) sometimes doesn't register the down as I slide very quickly. So I just get a back....

Again never struggled with this on DS3 controller. Sucks.

The thing that happens to me all the time is I'll try to slide from back to forward for something like Cassie's gunshot and instead press up by accident.

Definitely. Really they just shouldn't have brought so many classic characters imo. I can see why they did it (safe!) but they nailed so many of these new dudes they could have played it more fast and loose. Johnny Cage doesn't need to be here. Jax either. I would have cut Goro and Liu Kang too tbh. Liu Kang would have actually been the perfect character to cut and fill with a female shoalin fighter.

Well, we disagree on the details :p

Johnny is really cool, I like his design and Stunt Double, where Sonya continues to be really bland, like in all games.

Liu Kang deserves to be in because he can be made interesting as a villain.

Goro does feel like fanservice, putting the character who was unplayable in the last game, who is a vet from the first entry, and filling the marketing and game itself with movie references regarding him. The fact that he's DLC and his inclusion contradicts the comic story makes it obvious they were pandering to existing popularity for the preorders/purchases.

Jax could have been better. I don't like his variation (or any of the 3D MK games) where he has separate guns, so I don't like Heavy Weapons.

But Frost looks so cool in MKX :(

She's literally wearing Sub-Zero's outfit. What's so cool about that? :p I much prefer her casual attire, as if she was never discovered by the Lin Kuei.

I would have cut Goro and Liu Kang too tbh. Liu Kang would have actually been the perfect character to cut and fill with a female shoalin fighter.

Goro has never had a fleshed out moveset as this. Which is very awesome to have, and he's pretty fun to play as. Liu Kang will always be the poster boy to me, the thing is, he just hasn't been give the love he deserved.

Also, he's very likely coming back in MKXI. ;)

Tokubetsu

I'll admit, I'm excited to see what they do with a dark ruler kang but if they're taking votes now, definitely axe Jax for more Jacqui.

Eh, about that last part
but the Shirai Ryu and the Lin Kuei aren't enemies anymore by the time of the kids' involvement in the story mode so why would they be on bad terms?

Group intro cutscene:

"The grandmaster says our clans aren't enemies, but I know you used to kill and steal from us! I've got my eye on you!"

Late game cutscene:

"You saved my life! I guess you aren't so bad after all, the grandmaster was right all along."

Manu

I'm arguing on Facebook with a guy who says he doesn't like the latest MK games because they're "too cinematic."

...wat.

Demoskinos

She's literally wearing Sub-Zero's outfit. What's so cool about that? :p I much prefer her casual attire, as if she was never discovered by the Lin Kuei.

Goro has never had a fleshed out moveset as this. Which is very awesome to have, and he's pretty fun to play as. Liu Kang will always be the poster boy to me, the thing is, he just hasn't been give the love he deserved.

Also, he's very likely coming back in MKXI. ;)

Bullying people with Goro is a lot of fun. =3

Dr. Buni

Maximilion the twitch/youtube streamer. He's also a gaffer here. I think it was two days ago when he was streaming, the servers were acting all wonky so he was constantly switching between the xbone and ps4 versions, and when they came back on, Max said that he felt the online had improved as he wasnt getting any laggy matches. I wasnt able to test it out myself as I kept getting hit by infinite loops of "reading stats data" until today.
I see, thanks for explaining.

Has anyone gone to any tournaments yet? There's one tomorrow and one on Monday that I might go to. I'm terrible so I'll get my ass whooped, but I usually enjoy watching at least.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Double dip during a sale! We have mods and stuff :p

The official 360 d-pad is beyond terrible. I'm honestly not sure what I'll do with the one included with my Alpha, lol. The Hori one is superb and it's what I use for USFIV and KOFXIII.

I have to put up with it, it cost me like £35 and I can't afford to just buy a different one. I definitely notice my inputs are off sometimes though and it's very frustrating. I looked at Amazon out of interest and I couldn't find the Mori controller for PC.

Kalavaras

Banned
Ow baby my Hori RAP4 arrived today. Time to smash those combos like never before. I really hate the PS4 dpad.

Approximately how long did it take you guys to memorize a character to the point where you can go online and it's not just a bunch of "oh shit it's so hectic I forgot what every button does"? I usually pull a couple of simple combos on practise mode and maybe some medium/hard AI but once I hit online it's like I'm playing video games for the first time.

Dr. Buni

Ow baby my Hori RAP4 arrived today. Time to smash those combos like never before. I really hate the PS4 dpad.

Approximately how long did it take you guys to memorize a character to the point where you can go online and it's not just a bunch of "oh shit it's so hectic I forgot what every button does"? I usually pull a couple of simple combos on practise mode and maybe some medium/hard AI but once I hit online it's like I'm playing video games for the first time.
Well, I still haven't memorized D'Vorah's movements entirely and I played her almost exclusively in the ~30 hours I have clocked.

Jesus christ at the difficulty spike between medium and hard. Go from opponents who can barely block much less combo to opponents who block perfectly and pull off 30% combos.

stn

The PDP Fightpad is pretty solid. Definitely works better for MK than it might for Street Fighter, though. You could do worse, just be aware that its wired and has no mic port.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Just remembered I have a PS3 controller, they have good Dpads right? I could grab a £3 USB Bluetooth dongle and use that.

Voror

412ypY7GgpL.jpg

One of these?

That actually looks pretty nice. I'

Qo4q1q5.jpg

mBo290X.jpg

I have it - I think it's fantastic!

The PDP Fightpad is pretty solid. Definitely works better for MK than it might for Street Fighter, though. You could do worse, just be aware that its wired and has no mic port.

I'll have to look into it I suppose, though the mentions of it seeming to fall apart easily aren't encouraging.

I'm just not sure if it'd end up helping since my main issue seems to be inputs on the d-pad. I can generally do moves that involve down, left or down, right, but any that involve the putting in right, left or vice versa I simply can't get down. My fingers just can't seem to get a handle on it.

This has especially been the case with any of the ***** Attacks, which I can generally get going until I run into a command like that where it simply won't register it. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Bardiche

Always been a fan of Reptile since his first appearance and I'm happy to see how he turned out in this game. He is by far the funnest character to use in this game.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
If you're on pc you don't even need a dongle unless you want to be wireless. Otherwise google scpserver.

Yeah I want wireless, I just tried it wired and honestly I couldn't get on with it at all, after using the 360 controller for years the PS3 one just feels small and odd, I couldn't even land simple combos with it. The DPad is better for sure, but I just can't use it :/

I can't even beat a hard computer, though. I literally lost against Kotal Kahn at least 10 times before I just gave up on the hard klassic tower.

CPU (Hard) that can read every moment you throw out < A RL person who has to figure you out.

Not the same exact thing. As I've said to another person before in this thread. You shouldn't base your skill off of CPU fights.

SlickVic

Hah, the armor modifier on the current daily living tower means even someone wildly incompetent at this game like me can complete a living tower. Awesome.

CPU (Hard) that can read every moment you throw out < A RL person who has to figure you out.

Not the same exact thing. As I've said to another person before in this thread. You shouldn't base your skill off of CPU fights.

I guess. I'm probably still terrible though.

Also I've beaten the klassic tower with every character now, and I haven't even unlocked everything in the main graveyard area of the krypt. There is absolutely no way I'm getting enough koins to unlock everything. :/

What the hell is up with this game's inputs online? I've played fighters since '92 and can do this shit in my sleep. I went through 2 rounds of a match just trying to do any of Kang's back->forward specials and none of them would come out when facing the left. I can't 2in1 anything, either, which means I'm relegated to playing like a "pussy bitch" and just using normals. FML

WHAT THE FUCK IS THE DEAL WITH THIS INVASION BOSS

its a bitch but you can beat him

use Goro's EX punch walk till you break his armor then stomp on him till timer runs out or play as Kung Lao do a wake up Hat trick till you got Xray, hit him with it his armor should break then just try to grab him as much as possible

thats how ive been doing it this whole time

I don't think so. I started from scratch last night and it took me roughly an hour with Sub-Zero. A strategy to use I'd to pick kung lao and grab them. He does his IP man punches and it stacks up quick.

lol i just switched from goro and lui kang to kung lao like 5 min ago yeah his grab plus his xray should make this go buy way faster.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Even though the PC version is plagued with issues I'm still considering the Kombat Pack and I hate myself for it, I shouldn't support shoddy work. Luckily you can get it for less than £10 from the usual suspects, £25 on Steam which is just crazy overpriced.

Top Bottom