• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Panzon

What's the consensus on best character(s) Worst character(s), OP character, etc. Just got the game and would like to know what and who to avoid

Thanks

Demoskinos

What the hell is up with this game's inputs online? I've played fighters since '92 and can do this shit in my sleep. I went through 2 rounds of a match just trying to do any of Kang's back->forward specials and none of them would come out when facing the left. I can't 2in1 anything, either, which means I'm relegated to playing like a "pussy bitch" and just using normals. FML

Horrible netcode is whats up.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
What's the consensus on best character(s) Worst character(s), OP character, etc. Just got the game and would like to know what and who to avoid

Thanks

It's still to early to tell. You're better off playing through the cast until you find someone that clicks with you.

eTwo0Lx.jpg
How to beat that Invasion boss ass, Lesson 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe76BGIYRg4

Pick Goro, as mentioned previously.

Haines

Banned
I'm not a fighting gamer. I have played mortal kombat since gameboy but skipped some of the ones before 9.

I want to learn how to actually play.outside the moves the game tells me.

What is a good resource for such a thing. I play alot of local mp.

I've played a ton of different competitive genres from counter strike to hearthstone. this mortal combat finally feels deep enough to be worth trying to really jump into the scene.

I'm not a fighting gamer. I have played mortal kombat since gameboy but skipped some of the ones before 9.

I want to learn how to actually play.outside the moves the game tells me.

What is a good resource for such a thing. I play alot of local mp.

I've played a ton of different competitive genres from counter strike to hearthstone. this mortal combat finally feels deep enough to be worth trying to really jump into the scene.

Check out testyourmight.com

Gambit61

Aaaand just got my first CTD while loading an online match. What a great game they've released. Oh and by easy combo I meant F2, 4, Xray. Couldn't get more brain dead yet still couldn't get that one out due to 1+ second lag.

Voror

Well, got through Training finally. But holy shit, Shinnok is kicking my ass in Story mode. I can barely get a hit in at times and he just keeps chaining all these moves together.

Panzon

Raiden is nasty. Really digging him so far. Jax is pretty good but his some of the moves are hard to chain. Really loving the mechanics thus far

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Aaaand just got my first CTD while loading an online match. What a great game they've released. Oh and by easy combo I meant F2, 4, Xray. Couldn't get more brain dead yet still couldn't get that one out due to 1+ second lag.

King of the Hill crashes within 15 minutes every time I try it, so I've given up on it until they patch it.

that low gravity hourly tower is a perfect way to get the 10 hit combo trophy/achievement for anyone who cant really do combos

just keep juggling the last guy in the tower till you get ten then switch characters

Demoskinos

that low gravity hourly tower is a perfect way to get the 10 hit combo trophy/achievement for anyone who cant really do combos

just keep juggling the last guy in the tower till you get ten then switch characters

Huh... I never thought of trying to get a 10 hit combo by using that modifier although tbh not super worried about trophies since I'll never get that 10 Ranked wins in a row.

The White Lotus has a chance of winning the faction war this week!

Rally, my brothers and sisters! The White Lotus can seize victory on this week's faction war!

Slurmer

Banned
I guess. I'm probably still terrible though.

Also I've beaten the klassic tower with every character now, and I haven't even unlocked everything in the main graveyard area of the krypt. There is absolutely no way I'm getting enough koins to unlock everything. :/

Going to tournaments, playing offline, and asking people who are better than you for tips are the best ways to improve quickly. I'd say definitely go.

zlatko

Banned

Thanks

Too hard to call right now.

Top 5? Scorpion, Erron Black, Ermac, Takeda, D'Vorah IMO.

Worst? Ferra/Torr IMO.

OP ? No one. No one feels "broken", BUT there is a variation of Ermac that is banned at tournaments and events due to his ability to make 3 meters in 2 seconds lol.

any idea on using cheatengine for the costumes?

dont feel like fucking around with the mobile app shit or these awful towers

I got all the krypt ones at least

also are there costumes unlocked through the story mode or would I just be wasting time with that

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Full auto Briggs is the worst. Just lost to a scrub that just spammed their gun the entire round. Fuck me.

I'm watching Maximilian_DOOD's stream and he's getting wrecked by the computer and it's making me feel better about getting wrecked by the computer earlier today.

Full auto Briggs is the worst. Just lost to a scrub that just spammed their gun the entire round. Fuck me.
Crouch walk/run and get in. DON'T block walk/run. It completely whiffs on crouch unless she shoots the MB missile.

It does build a crazy amount of meter though.

Durden77

I'm psyched you can run in this game, but I really wish you could set it to a button. Don't understand why I can't replace the useless stance change button with it. The forward and block command is unintuitive to me. I always find myself running when I want to just dash forward and block. Maybe I just need more time with it, but I wish there were more button options.

Grady

Currently 114/12 in ranked mode. Goal is to maintain 90% win ratio. But fuck, some players are so laggy my button input is non responsive. Hate losing due to bad connections.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Currently 114/12 in ranked mode. Goal is to maintain 90% win ratio. But fuck, some players are so laggy my button input is non responsive. Hate losing due to bad connections.
I'm 0-0 in ranked and I've been playing since launch lol. PC rules.

Tokubetsu

Worst thing about the lag online is it doesn't even make sense. Like dropped combos I can kinda get right? But sometimes it'll just not read jumping kicks or sweeps etc. It feels less like lag more like your controller is broken lol.

Ronabo

I really wish there were a way to know if I have unlocked all the Krypt stuff. I really don't want to go through it with a walkthrough and check crap off as I go.

Is there an achievement for it on PC?

Top Bottom