• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Wait, why did Goro die? How do you unlock that stupid trophy then?

Which trophy? I got the one for either doing 1000 damage or 1000 hits earlier by spamming this fight. Its cumulative over time so just keep doing it. Is that the one you mean?

Oh and.... GO TEAM WHITE LOTUS!

Woo!

5Y0LYJJ.jpg

ZangBa

White Lotus is the last faction I need to level so I'll probably just stay in it after I finish it tonight. Not my favorite title screen, but acceptable enough.

Wait, what's the "Invasion 1 on 1" one?

I honestly don't know how I got that one now. Maybe it was part of the invasion tower? During an invasion, don't you get challenged via "Assassin battle" or something? I think winning that may do it.

And Goro died in my video because that's the invasion boss. You can't actually win since his health is going down from the cumulative damage across all invasion boss battles. Dude probably has like 1 trillion HP.

The best you can do is survive the 30 seconds and do as much damage as you can. Goro just happens to be very good at that once you knock off his 5 layers of armor.

I honestly don't know how I got that one now. Maybe it was part of the invasion tower? During an invasion, don't you get challenged via "Assassin battle" or something? I think winning that may do it.
Not for me. I'll have to try it more next time.

Any good secondaries for a Jax main? My worst matchups are Grandmaster Sub, D'Vorah, Kung Jin, and Raiden.

TheKevn

All I want to do is hang out in practice and try to create cool combo chains. Possibly inspired by the get a 10 hit combo trophy.... Anyone else like this?

I'm having a hard time hitting the combos in the real world(online) even when I'm with someone with decent ping.

Not for me. I'll have to try it more next time.

Any good secondaries for a Jax main? My worst matchups are Grandmaster Sub, D'Vorah, Kung Jin, and Raiden.
I'm biased towards Raiden because he's my main, but I'd pick anyone who has armor on their EX attacks (Raiden has 3 at least, 2 of which can start combos).

I say this because armored wakeups can turn the tide in a split second, getting you out of a corner or a vortex.

Wallach

Ferra Torr really isn't that bad, I'm telling you guys.

I don't think so either; that 5f D1 does a surprising amount of work in this game. Don't think she's actually "good" or anything but not booty sweat tier. Shinnok on the other hand, I don't really see what he has goin' for him.

Opto

Banned
Dunno why I didn't think about it before, but I've realized you can learn a lot if you turn the AI up to Very Hard to learn more about your favorite characters.

The feels when you play a mirror and there's nothing but respect. Met another Quan Chi in a KOTH and each time we let the intros fully play (Quan is really nice to himself).

Wallach

The feels when you play a mirror and there's nothing but respect. Met another Quan Chi in a KOTH and each time we let the intros fully play (Quan is really nice to himself).

I think my favorite mirror match quip is Reptile's when one of them lies about being Shang Tsung. Cracked me up.

There's some strange input handling in this game. If I do for example, a 2 punch chain cancelled into a kick special, I'll get the punch special of the same motion. 3 punch moves with 2 punch inputs.

There's some strange input handling in this game. If I do for example, a 2 punch chain cancelled into a kick special, I'll get the punch special of the same motion. 3 punch moves with 2 punch inputs.

It's some bullshit in the options go turn them off it screwed with me before i figured out that i had to turn them off

I'm having trouble beating Scorpion on hard difficulty. Just solo matches.

I'm playing Sub Zero. Basically, the AI seems to punish me with 100% efficiency any time I try to get a combo on him, often into outrageous combos involving multiple teleports. I can get a few combos on him but 90% of the time he blocks everything. And when I try to block him, he has no trouble getting around my defenses. The most egregious offender here is his stupid fucking dive kick-trip move which he can seemingly perform with no warning. Good luck trying to get an ice slide on him, tho!

Do I really need to memorize some fucking 90% healthbar super combo chain or something to beat him?

Edit: And got him on attempt #5464357568467783465432342352345234523, probably due to the game taking pity on me finally.

I'm having trouble beating Scorpion on hard difficulty. Just solo matches.

I'm playing Sub Zero. Basically, the AI seems to punish me with 100% efficiency any time I try to get a combo on him, often into outrageous combos involving multiple teleports. I can get a few combos on him but 90% of the time he blocks everything. And when I try to block him, he has no trouble getting around my defenses. The most egregious offender here is his stupid fucking dive kick-trip move which he can seemingly perform with no warning. Good luck trying to get an ice slide on him, tho!

Do I really need to memorize some fucking 90% healthbar super combo chain or something to beat him?

Edit: And got him on attempt #5464357568467783465432342352345234523, probably due to the game taking pity on me finally.

Yeah the amount of input reading the ai does on higher difficulty is irritating. You should have tried the invasion boss scorpion earlier today. That was the worst

OmegaDL50

Yeah the amount of input reading the ai does on higher difficulty is irritating. You should have tried the invasion boss scorpion earlier today. That was the worst

Would you say the AI on harder difficulties in MKX are as bad as the nonsense input reading AI like in UMK3 or perhaps Super Turbo or is it actually somewhat more fair, such playing against a very skilled opponent who simply is just outmaneuvering you at most opportunities.

I generally don't take much stock in fighting game AI, but if it's a decent way to learn how to defend against certain situations like some combo setups. Then I might just turn the AI on in Practice Mode when I'm doing defense training.

I would prefer to be able to record the AI doing a specific series of attacks and then play them back to defend against it, but the "record" function does something entirely else.

God damn Commando Kano is so much fun to play.

But I can't for the life of me do the down-forwards-backwards circle or down-backwards forward circle inputs for his command grabs. Which is annoying because they do a great amount of damage and are required for some of his brutalities.

I either end up sweeping or, for some reason, jumping. The Dualshock 4 is a better controller than the DS3 was but it's still a pain in the ass. I had a play around with the negative edge option or whatever it's called and that seemed to have helped but only a bit.

Jrmint

So I got up to Endless Tower level 21 before I needed a break and just lost on purpose. It wasn't all that hard. I'm wondering what difficulty that is since the Endless Tower scales as you move up right?

Yaari

I just can't get a run in after I do a combo. So annoying.

Also I'm checking videos and I'm being told to "cancel into", how do I cancel into something? Is that the name for a transition from running into a combo? (ie 12)

I'm biased towards Raiden because he's my main, but I'd pick anyone who has armor on their EX attacks (Raiden has 3 at least, 2 of which can start combos).

I say this because armored wakeups can turn the tide in a split second, getting you out of a corner or a vortex.
Hmm, I think I might have to try him out. I hate him as a character, but he always looks so much fun to play as lol. Thank you!

Bodom78

Man online is so annoying. Playing ranked it sits on the opponent found screen for minutes, then if it ever does proceed it usually bugs out and ends the session while picking a character.

The 5 ranked games I have gotten into were average at best with lag so at least playable.

No micro transactions to improve the online?

Rizsparky

Played a dude today for around 20 matches, he played just like the CPU, only with no attack pattern to exploit, just randomness. He hardly used combos to specials but spammed random quick combos - even though i beat him 2:1, it was pretty effective (albeit frustrating).

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I caved and bought the Kombat Pack, got it for £9.50 so not too bad. They have until May 5th to get the PC version working properly.

Turned the practice AI to very hard just to see what you're all talking about...can't land a single hit that isn't blocked or brutally punished, lol. I'll stick with easy for now.

I picked up the game yesterday for the ps4 and it wasn't as easy to get into like killer instinct. I went online and got my first win right off the bat. I think I'm going to invest a lot of time in practice mode. I'm using Erron Black atm.

Top Bottom