• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Majestad

Banned
What's everyone's opinion on the new Kript? Shit is fucking beautiful. I miss the silly unlockable from Deadly Alliance (picture of Kano's Cereal!), but the presentation is top notch.

zogged

What's everyone's opinion on the new Kript? Shit is fucking beautiful. I miss the silly unlockable from Deadly Alliance (picture of Kano's Cereal!), but the presentation is top notch.

I never realized how much I wanted to play Legend of Grimrock until I played the krypt

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

I wish it wasn't 30fps, feels super choppy.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has trouble with the computer on hard. It actually makes me a bit proud that I got to fight 6 or 7 on the hard Klassic tower. But then Kotal Kahn just destroyed me over and over again and I gave up.

I tried the classic tower on AI very hard and it was insane, johhny cage bodied me 20 times in a row before I could finally beat him ha. I do want to try to beat the whole thing eventually but I need to get better

Durden77

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has trouble with the computer on hard. It actually makes me a bit proud that I got to fight 6 or 7 on the hard Klassic tower. But then Kotal Kahn just destroyed me over and over again and I gave up.

I still always hate fighting CPU's in fighting games. Well, don't completely hate it, but it just feels pointless and grindy considering you can't ever actually outsmart them. Getting a hit in on them to start your combo is pretty much random. It never feels like more than "turn your brain off a bit and hope for the best", which can be nice sometimes when I just wanna mash buttons.

That's why I'm having trouble getting into this game's grindy single player stuff like the towers and things.

Boy do I suck. I haven't won a single match online.

I play War God Kotal and I cannot figure out how to beat pressure characters and zoners online. Pressure characters seem to not have any delay in between their attacks and Zoners just keep me back the whole time.

Baaaah.

Tokubetsu

THE HIVE WISH TO TASTE YOU
k2h3CFI.gif

D'vorah has my favorite intros

patchday

You mean the Krypt? I love it. I went through it for first time last night and unlocked a bunch of skins and fatalities. Been avoiding purchasing concept art to save my koins. But I kind of want those too. I did follow a guide and unlock all the sections. It's a lot of fun. Great addition

The krypt itself is awesome. The insane amount of coins/time it takes to unlock everything is not so awesome.

zogged

The krypt itself is awesome. The insane amount of coins/time it takes to unlock everything is not so awesome.

I was able to get everything in about a week, then again from the looks of it the PC version gets way more koins from towers, challenges and story mode than the other versions for some reason. Think this might have been changed or fixed with a recent patch.

Demoskinos

See, I actually like the grind. Gives me something to look forward to chipping away at over time. I don't feel the need to have everything right away. Its fun slowly getting stuff at a drip pace.

Durden77

The jump scares make me hate this Krypt on principle

Please take that shit out for MKXI damn it

Jump scares are FAR better implemented than in MK9 though. I actually kind of like them here, and I hate shit like that. MK9's was just cheap and pointless.

But yeah, the new Krypt is super cool, but I do wish there was either less stuff or the stuff was leas expensive, and that it was easier to find stuff you haven't gotten yet. It's gonna be a huge pain in the ass to remember where those few things I didn't unlock ate.

I was able to get everything in about a week, then again from the looks of it the PC version gets way more koins from towers, challenges and story mode than the other versions for some reason. Think this might have been changed or fixed with a recent patch.

PC apparently gets 30k koins for completing a tower.

Console gets like 5k or even less.

So you might be able to see why console players aren't unlocking everything in a week.

See, I actually like the grind. Gives me something to look forward to chipping away at over time. I don't feel the need to have everything right away. Its fun slowly getting stuff at a drip pace.

But what do you do once you've beaten the klassic tower with every character? There's not a whole lot of other single player stuff to do except play towers over and over again. And that gets kinda old fast.

Boy do I suck. I haven't won a single match online.

I play War God Kotal and I cannot figure out how to beat pressure characters and zoners online. Pressure characters seem to not have any delay in between their attacks and Zoners just keep me back the whole time.

Baaaah.

I've been trying to main kotal kahn and it really is tough. His combos are slower so those fast characters with low frame startups can really fuck you up.

One good easy hitter is F3, 4. Does a low hit then knocks them down so you can be more in control of the pressure. I like to use this as a mixup after already knocking them down since they don't expect as many low hits from Kahn

Also go into practice mode and practice his F2 uppercut combos, 2 or 3 of those, EX throw to the other side, then 2,1,2 is good for 35% damage

My favorite long combo with him(that I can actually pull off) is in sun god mode, because the sun grab or whatever it's called looks so cool. You do f2.f2.f2. EXdf1. bf1, 1 , then the sun god throw with db2. Feels really badass when you pull the whole string off

Dr. Buni

I am honestly starting to agree with those who say everything should be unlocked by default in fighting games. First it was the custom moves and some music tracks being locked in Smash 4 and now fatalities/brutalities/alts/etc locked in Mortal Kombat X. If unlocking stuff wasn't a chore in both of these games, I wouldn't complain, but that is not the case.

Jump scares are FAR better implemented than in MK9 though. I actually kind of like them here, and I hate shit like that. MK9's was just cheap and pointless.

But yeah, the new Krypt is super cool, but I do wish there was either less stuff or the stuff was leas expensive, and that it was easier to find stuff you haven't gotten yet. It's gonna be a huge pain in the ass to remember where those few things I didn't unlock ate.

If you're wanting to know where things are...

http://ca.ign.com/wikis/mortal-kombat-x/Krypt_Unlockables

BadAss2961

Reached level 50 in a faction. Figured I might as well switch to gain ground on the trophies for that. What are the consequences for changing factions? Do you lose your faction progress forever, even if you switch back?

I don't even know what my rewards are or if I have any.

Reached level 50 in a faction. Figured I might as well switch to gain ground on the trophies for that. What are the consequences for changing factions? Do you lose your faction progress forever, even if you switch back?

I don't even know what my rewards are or if I have any.

Yes you lose it all.

Guesong

Man, screw Commando and Cutthroat Kano lovers out there, Cybernetic is where its at! Combos for days.

Wish there was more characters with the "feel"/"weight" of Kano. I feel like he's the only one of the bunch feeling slightly stronger than average but only slightly slower too. I used to main Kano/Stryker/Sektor in MK9, and now I'm down to Kano only. :( Tried Erron Black but eeeeeh.

Hadoukie

Wouldn't know, since it's bugged to all fuck and I can't get anywhere.

vg260

Hate it. It's a fun novelty for the first couple days until you realize what a ridiculous barrier to content accessibility it is.

I am honestly starting to agree with those who say everything should be unlocked by default in fighting games. First it was the custom moves and some music tracks being locked in Smash 4 and now fatalities/brutalities/alts/etc locked in Mortal Kombat X. If unlocking stuff wasn't a chore in both of these games, I wouldn't complain, but that is not the case.

This is becoming my pet peeve. I don't know how the unlock thing started to be seen as a positive in general, but especially in fighting games.

For a lot of people who are only causally into the core game, these sort of unlocks you have to work towards are seen as added value, unfortunately. These are not good modes or features in fighting games. Actual gameplay modes and features add value, not arbitrary barriers to the content.

Keep the progression/unlock system for things like profile badges, icons, titles, and achievements. Don't lock usable content and actual moves behind arbitrary barriers. That's fine for RPGs where the core gameplay is built around character progression, not fighters.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Can't seem to find a good character to main for online apart from maybe Reptile.

I also die a little bit more inside whenever I have to fall back on Scorpion for anything.

Marvel

could never
Thought I'd try out Kotal, he's er he's interesting. Won one lost one, I'll go into practice with him to see what I can do with him. I'd love to have him as an extra main, I never see others use him. Kinda like to be different, plus imo in the story he shined and he's the best looking fighter in the game.

Thought I'd try out Kotal, he's er he's interesting. Won one lost one, I'll go into practice with him to see what I can do with him. I'd love to have him as an extra main, I never see others use him. Kinda like to be different, plus imo in the story he shined and he's the best looking fighter in the game.

Kotal was the first character I saw in the roster who made me say "Oh, I'm going to get good with him". D'vorah was the second. Sadly for me, though, I suck with them both. On the otherhand, I suck with everyone, so maybe some latent compatibility with these characters remains to be discovered.

Pretty sure I know how I like to play as Kotal, but what spec does everyone prefer for D'vorah? I like Swarm Queen and Venemous about equally but find Brood almost useless. What the hell is up with Krawler?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
That PC update is a slap in the face, a week for that? My God, they didn't fix any of the top 5 issues. Why did I buy the Kombat Pack today? Because I'm a fucking chump.

Dr. Buni

I second this. D'Vorah is the best.

That is a funny way of saying Ermac.
She really isn't a very hard character to play
Yeah she's cool. To be fair I'm playing player match instead of Ranked right now, but people seem to just run into your attacks and it does tons of damage.

So, what's the situation on the mobile unlocks?

I own no smartphone and see no reason to, but want the classic females and Injustice Scorpion.

Anyone have those in the main game yet?

Top Bottom