• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Considering picking this game up now after watching a few matches on NWM and NLBC - looks much more fluid than NRS's previous games. I really wanted to like Injustice but it was ungodly stiff to me.

J-Tier

Release check is garbage and should be turned off because it makes it impossible to do certain things.
I just learned that release check was what was making my combos unreliable. I was getting so pissed off when I was able to pull off a combo less than 10% of the time despite putting in the exact same inputs at the exact same timing. Why is this shit on by default, why does it even exist?

So much time wasted in practice thinking that there was something wrong with my timing.

Apoc87

Banned
Considering picking this game up now after watching a few matches on NWM and NLBC - looks much more fluid than NRS's previous games. I really wanted to like Injustice but it was ungodly stiff to me.

This game is definitely worth picking up, the fighting is very fluid and responsive, unlike any fighting game I have ever played. And it looks great

I think it plays pretty much like all other NRS games. I actually think injustice is a much better game

16BitNova

Release check is garbage and should be turned off because it makes it impossible to do certain things.

I don't know if it's because I got use to it on or if it's all in my head. But, I can't seem to land my combos as well now that I turned it off.

Gonna keep practicing.

CeeSaw

I actually like it quite a bit when I play Goro. I can ex Down Back 2 and input his command grab and it helps with timing. Online sometimes the bounces are a little funny so it allows me to buffer the grab and release it when it needs to come out.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I think it plays way better than NRS' past gen games.

Is that happening after the patch? Haven't played it yet after downloading it.

Can't say I've tried it since the patch, but I'm sure they would have put it in the notes if it were fixed.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Any chance Smoke and Noob Saibot will be added at some point?
There's a chance, but it's not confirmed or anything. So don't place your hopes on a pedestal. But don't throw them away, either.

zlatko

Banned
Ugh, I'm garbage with everyone except cassie. =|
I feel the opposite. Like I'm great with the rest of the cast except her, and she's who I wanted to main.

Those run combos online are ridiculously hard lol.

Props if you are doing them.

Easy Characters combo wise:

Kitana
Scorpion
Takeda
D'Vorah
Kung Jin
Kano

Check www.testyourmight.com for combo guides/videos for any of them. Try it in training. Mad easy.

Congrats on going out! Did you get to play any casuals? Losing is not a big deal, don't let it get you down.

I played a few friendlies. Won... two, I think? Out of 10 or so.

But it's not that I lost that bothers me, so much as the fact that I got absolutely obliterated. I could barely get a hit in. I didn't land a single combo. Meanwhile, he was getting every hit in and converting everything into massive combos.

abracadaver

Is MKX the best looking fighting game ever?

I remember some people said Killer Instinct looks better and I think they are crazy. I have only played Season 1 though.

Xevren

Playing locally with people for 10 hours, this game offline is bliss. Reptile is definitely my main for sure. Playing Quan against rush down is just completely brutal, oh man. Really like playing as a lot of the cast.

So how do I do Ermac's fatality? I've tried everything from holding block, releasing at different times, not holding block, doing it reverse or at different distances in case the given proximity was wrong etc. NOTHING! Ths sad part is I had company over who wanted to see some fatalities and I couldn't even show that one...

Tokubetsu

So how do I do Ermac's fatality? I've tried everything from holding block, releasing at different times, not holding block, doing it reverse or at different distances in case the given proximity was wrong etc. NOTHING! Ths sad part is I had company over who wanted to see some fatalities and I couldn't even show that one...

Let go of block before the last input. So if the fatality is U U D D 1 you would release block before you hit 1.

If it's something like F D F F U you still release before you hit Up.

Both of his fatalities are "mid" iirc which, if you're standing right next to them, is about a single backwards jump away (basically past leg sweep range).

Playing locally with people for 10 hours, this game offline is bliss. Reptile is definitely my main for sure. Playing Quan against rush down is just completely brutal, oh man. Really like playing as a lot of the cast.
I'm having a hard time landing normal hits and thus can't combo into meatier combos. I blame my aging reflexes, lag and my laggy vizio tv but still. I resort to zoning and pressuring for a chance of getting a hit in and getting lucky here and there. It's so bad that even when I do land something, I'm shocked and drop the remainder of the combo.

Talking about Reptile, of course. Best way to describe my playstyle is very much in the same vain as I play him in MK2. Lots of projectiles, jump attacks and uppercuts after force balls lol.

Let go of block before the last input. So if the fatality is U U D D 1 you would release block before you hit 1.

If it's something like F D F F U you still release before you hit Up.

Both of his fatalities are "mid" iirc which, if you're standing right next to them, is about a single backwards jump away (basically past leg sweep range).

Could have sworn I tried. D U L. I have released after U before the L I'm certain. DP, sorry. Hoped someone would post.

Is MKX the best looking fighting game ever?

I remember some people said Killer Instinct looks better and I think they are crazy. I have only played Season 1 though.

lolno. If you're talking about 3d, tekken 7 beats it.

If you are talking about fighting games in general then

Darkstalker 3, CVS2, 3s, KOF13, Guilty Gear Xrd, Blazblue, Skullgirls and plenty more beat it.

Xevren

I'm having a hard time landing normal hits and thus can't combo into meatier combos. I blame my aging reflexes, lag and my laggy vizio tv but still. I resort to zoning and pressuring for a chance of getting a hit in and getting lucky here and there. It's so bad that even when I do land something, I'm shocked and drop the remainder of the combo.

Talking about Reptile, of course. Best way to describe my playstyle is very much in the same vain as I play him in MK2. Lots of projectiles, jump attacks and uppercuts after force balls lol.

Gotta approach this as a different game, very footsie based. His back 3 can frustrate people so much with its low profile and long reach. Can only get combo's after it by burning meter though. Have to be very careful with force balls since they take an eternity to get out there but they definitely help depending on who I'm playing against. Once you get in though just mix it up with b3 as your low and either b2 or his f4 chain for the overhead.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
lolno. If you're talking about 3d, tekken 7 beats it.

If you are talking about fighting games in general then

Darkstalker 3, CVS2, 3s, KOF13, Guilty Gear Xrd, Blazblue, Skullgirls and plenty more beat it.
That really depends on your art style preference though. If we're comparing apples to apples, the only thing that comes close is Tekken 7. And MKX may still end up having the better backgrounds. We'll see.

But the next Naruto is jaw dropping though. It honestly looks better than the show. I'm ashamed to admit I'm going to buy it for the graphics alone.

I just bought the game and noticed they got rid of the character specific practice tutorials from 9. I happened to really like these since they taught me some basics instead of leaving me on my own.

I always find fighting games frustrating because I never know where to begin "figuring" out a character. I feel like I have a learning disability when it comes to this genre.

Zomba13

I'm really liking Kung Jin. I decided to give him a go after seeing how Dan from Giant Bomb plays him and how it annoyed the fuck out of Jeff. Kung Jin seems like the noob friendly character that you can kinda button mash your way through.

Top Bottom