• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

slackjaw10

Neo Member
Do yourself a favour and forget the ranked matchmaking for now. It's pretty garbage like that. Go into the rooms instead and you can pick people who are more your win/loss ratio to fight. It'll do some matchmaking for you while you're searching too but at least you can decline if it pops up with a ridiculous win/loss guy like that.
It's embarrassing that I've had this game since launch and I just figured this out today.
Makes such a huge difference when you can just scroll through the players until you find somebody with a yellow win chance. Still incredibly hard to find good connections, though...

Demoskinos

People, please teach me how to run properly in this game! I am trying to learn combo moves of Erron Black but the run function is avoiding me from doing the combos.

just press forward,forward then block. You can buffer it just like special moves. Your character continues to run until they are either out of stamina or you do an action like attack,jump..ect

Khezu

Kano is the biggest improvement from MK9 to X.

He is so much more fun to play, and all 3 variations are interesting.
He is still a pretty simple character, but his tools are actually useful.

Just wish I had more reasons to use his upward eye beams, just because I think they look cool.

Man, I'm having a hard time knowing which simple jabs beat out other characters' quick jabs as Reptile. Quan Chi had a low that seems to win everything and an Erron Black user kept spamming the same combo and I could not figure out where to block it to prevent it.

I'll never be competitive but I sure love the game. I just wish the dialup combos weren't there so everyone can play this like MK2 and be on my level haha.

Speaking of, anyone have the PS3 online version of MK2 and want to add me? I'll have to unrust myself though.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Man, I'm having a hard time knowing which simple jabs beat out other characters' quick jabs as Reptile. Quan Chi had a low that seems to win everything and an Erron Black user kept spamming the same combo and I could not figure out where to block it to prevent it.

I'll never be competitive but I sure love the game. I just wish the dialup combos weren't there so everyone can play this like MK2 and be on my level haha.

Quan has one of the fastest--if not the fastest--in the game.

What exactly are you having problems with?
Either my character doesn't run or he starts running only when his opponent already falls on the ground. I am having hard time with the run function.

just press forward,forward then block. You can buffer it just like special moves. Your character continues to run until they are either out of stamina or you do an action like attack,jump..ect
Thanks. I will try

It's your luck. I've gotten more wolves than spiders, and I spent more times in the cave. I have also gotten zero ghouls. Lol

I've gotten only one wolf, one bloody whatever that was in Shao Kahn's tomb, and like 10 spiders so far |:

Edit: ok make that two wolves literally as I just finished posting that

IKizzLE

Warner just casually mentioned in an earnings call that MKX made 130 million in revenue its first week which equates to about 2 million copies.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Either my character doesn't run or he starts running only when his opponent already falls on the ground. I am having hard time with the run function.

Thanks. I will try

Keep in mind you just have to tap block not hold it after you input the dash command. From there you can cancel it to any move, an advancing jump or a backdash (or a block). You don't have to cancel the run with another block press to attack. As far as characters dropping out of combos, run combos can be tricky depending on your choice of character. Its' a good idea to practice landing just one hit after the run portion of your combo just to get a feel for how much time you have.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Kano is the biggest improvement from MK9 to X.

He is so much more fun to play, and all 3 variations are interesting.
He is still a pretty simple character, but his tools are actually useful.

Just wish I had more reasons to use his upward eye beams, just because I think they look cool.

I feel like I'm missing something with him, how do you really open people up using him? IIRC only the cutthroat variant has an overhead at all, so I would think you can just block low and chill. Haven't really fought any Kano players though.

Durden77

The online stuff in this game kind of sucks.... shit doesn't work half the time, everything has to "connect" and "refresh", and the netcode itself is pretty bad, almost all of my matches have been laggy.

I would enjoy the faction stuff and the online in general a lot more if it was just better implemented and snappier. Dissapointed in this.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The online stuff in this game kind of sucks.... shit doesn't work half the time, everything has to "connect" and "refresh", and the netcode itself is pretty bad, almost all of my matches have been laggy.

I would enjoy the faction stuff and the online in general a lot more if it was just better implemented and snappier. Dissapointed in this.

Yes sir, I haven't touched the game in days because of the technical issues with online play. If it worked properly I'd never put it down.

Kinda weird how they'd make the Black Dragon a faction over something like Outworld. The latter has a lot more significance to the story than the former.

Dr. Buni

Indeed. I haven't even booted the game since Saturday because online stuff doesn't work, so why bother.

I've gotten only one wolf, one bloody whatever that was in Shao Kahn's tomb, and like 10 spiders so far |:

Edit: ok make that two wolves literally as I just finished posting that

Yeah, the spiders are out to get you, Solar. They want your body fluids.. ψ(`∇´)ψ

You should just buy up everything in the caves so that you wouldn't have to go in there again. :p

No idea what you are talking about *whistles*

Lol. That definitely needs to be one if his brutalities.

It's okay Reila, because I know what I saw before the stealth edit. ;3

It should be! It'll be the only one I do. Bahaha.

Yeah, the spiders are out to get you, Solar. They want your body fluids.. ψ(`∇´)ψ

You should just buy up everything in the caves so that you wouldn't have to go in there again. :p

Way ahead of you there...although I think I may have forgotten one part where you use Raiden's staff...fuck that

Way ahead of you there...although I think I may have forgotten one part where you use Raiden's staff...fuck that

Welp. RIP SolarKnight You will be missed.

There's still so much to go from there. :x

You are imagining things. If I had to guess, I would say it's the hype for Jason clouding your mind :p

Oh, is that so? xD You are probably right, maybe Jason is clouding my mind... Or. Maybe you're just afraid of the secret that I hold! HA.

I win! ψ(`∇´)ψ

Opto

Banned
I had three horrible connections that completely fucked my inputs. So I'd try to do a grab cancel from a combo with Cassie but the game just wasn't reading it (I've practiced the shit out of this, so it isn't my fault.)

TEH-CJ

Banned
Just curious how many people lost interest in this? I was one of them. I just got bored of it and I am trying to figure out why.

I haven't played in 2 weeks, has the net code improved?

Opto

Banned
Just curious how many people lost interest in this? I was one of them. I just got bored of it and I am trying to figure out why.

I haven't played in 2 weeks, has the net code improved?

I'm still having fun. Learning stuff the in and outs of characters in practice mode takes up maybe most of my time? But I also like making sure the filthy Lin Kuei don't win.

Random Question: If MKX was to have another Kombat Pack for DLC characters. Would you be okay with having another guest character?

I personally would, as long as it's Ash (Evil Dead) or Spawn.

Nah, I already opened up the entire krypt, it was just that one spot that I missed.

Oh, well hey, no more spiders. :)

Panzon

I cant seem to do more than 30% damage on my combos. I play with a 360 remote but I've read of people who can do up to 56% with a remote so I don't know if thats really an excuse.

I'm not really creative with the combos to begin with but just once I'd like to get to at least in the 40% range. Any tips?

Random Question: If MKX was to have another Kombat Pack for DLC characters. Would you be okay with having another guest character?

MAYBE I'd be ok with Spawn, but no, Smoke/Rain/Fujin/Baraka/Sindel should take priority over any guest character

I cant seem to do more than 30% damage on my combos. I play with a 360 remote but I've read of people who can do up to 56% with a remote so I don't know if thats really an excuse.

I'm not really creative with the combos to begin with but just once I'd like to get to at least in the 40% range. Any tips?

Well, that just depends entirely on your character, screen position, and how much meter you're willing to use.

Manu

Does anybody know if the 10 ranked match streak needs to be on a single session? Because it takes forever to find a match.

Oh, well hey, no more spiders. :)

I don't like guest characters... Just give me more classics please

MAYBE I'd be ok with Spawn, but no, Smoke/Rain/Fujin/Baraka/Sindel should take priority over any guest character

Of course, and I understand. I'd love to have Fujin be a playable character. Along with Enenra and Rain :3

I don't like guest characters... Just give me more classics please

So, you'd oppose to a guest character happening once more.

I honestly want more characters from MK4-MK:D I feel they can be redeemed.

Xenomorph. Or Snake.

If I could switch Predator with a Xenomorph, I totally would.

stn

I want Spawn, he's too perfect for this game. Give me Fujin, Shujinko, Li Mei, and Hotaru for the rest. I'd also be down for Cyrax, Sektor, and Smoke. Also, any word on when the mobile game is releasing for android worldwide?

I want Spawn, he's too perfect for this game. Give me Fujin, Shujinko, Li Mei, and Hotaru for the rest. I'd also be down for Cyrax, Sektor, and Smoke. Also, any word on when the mobile game is releasing for android worldwide?

He'd be great for sure, he has a lot to work with and can easily create some variations for him.

I'd love to see Fujin, Havik, Nitara, Blaze, and Movado. I honestly expected a new cyborg in MKX, very surprised about it not happening.

Not date whatsoever. They've been very quiet about it. :

I propose to have him be Enenra while in revenant costume but regular Smoke in his alive and with fabulous hair costume.

I hated the default outfit of Smoke though, it was so bland. :( The hair can stay.

SolarKnight said:
Same, mostly Havik.

Nice! You want him as well, which is pretty cool. I feel there is a lot of potential for Havik.

OmegaDL50

I want to see what changes Tremor goes through, like with Tanya.

Well Tremor wasn't ever playable in the fighting games.

Each of the MK ninjas had represented a particular element. Scorpion being Fire, Sub-Zero is naturally Ice, Reptile was Acid / Poison, Rain = Water / Lightning, Noob Saibot = Shadows.

It's like they tried to fufill the elemental JRPG tropes in a way.

Tremor ironically unlike the typical Ninja wasn't really quick / stealthy as you would expect from what I recall in MK: Special Forces he was basically this big bulky guy who could make his limbs like stone, make earthquakes and throw rocks at you.

I expect various rock attacks. A boulder missile that turns the enemy to stone for a few seconds, earthquake like ground pounds. Even stomping the ground with his feet and causing rocky stalagmites to come up from the ground and spike the enemy. These are the attacks he had in the games he appeared in.

He is basically the Earth / Rock Ninja who is a Ex-member of the Black Dragon. Basically Kano left him to rot in prison and now he wants to kill Kano.

Cipher

I expect various rock attacks. A boulder missile that turns the enemy to stone for a few seconds, earthquake like ground pounds. Even stomping the ground with his feet and causing rocky stalagmites to come up from the ground and spike the enemy. These are the attacks he had in the games he appeared in.

He is basically the Earth / Rock Ninja who is a Ex-member of the Black Dragon. Basically Kano left him to rot in prison and now he wants to kill Kano.

I can totally see him having some kind of attack that turns people into stone. They've already modeled statue versions of the characters for the credits.

Top Bottom