• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Gleethor

So, is there a kind gaffer that can share their wbplay account with me?

I swear I'm legit and won't change the PW or anything stupid like that. If I did you could lambast me here in the forums and shame my name.

All I want is the Kitana/Mileena costumes.

The mobile app can run backwards naked through a field of dicks.
butchered Run the Jewels quote. Not mine.

I don't believe you can even get the mileena one yet without hacking.

If there's a will there's a way. I beat that one guy who streams
and is a hilarious troll
earlier today. You just gotta duck and remember to block the meter burned rockets. I'm sure these type of players will switch soon lol

https://youtu.be/42iRB6cICdc

Also, this just happened

20150501174807.jpg

would love to play a good sub zero if your on ps4 add me:

sti4thewin-

naib

I don't believe you can even get the mileena one yet without hacking.
That sucks. But Kitana is my girl.

Just don't make me play this fucking mobile grind. Anything. Someone please PM me.

I'll gift some steam loot in exchange. Hats, whatever.

zlatko

Banned
I must be a fucking moron or something. WHat beats out a douchebag online just jumping over you again and again and again.

This shit stain knows 0 combos, but beats me non stop because I can't beat a jump over punch ever. NO matter who he picks. No matter who I pick. Nothing.

GG NRS for not making uppercut god damn auto correct shit heads who think this is a strategy. WTF?!

Manu

So, is there a kind gaffer that can share their wbplay account with me?

I swear I'm legit and won't change the PW or anything stupid like that. If I did you could lambast me here in the forums and shame my name.

All I want is the Kitana/Mileena costumes.

The mobile app can run backwards naked through a field of dicks.
butchered Run the Jewels quote. Not mine.

I wouldn't be against wbid share, especially since I have no way to play the phone game myself, lol

Wallach

I must be a fucking moron or something. WHat beats out a douchebag online just jumping over you again and again and again.

This shit stain knows 0 combos, but beats me non stop because I can't beat a jump over punch ever. NO matter who he picks. No matter who I pick. Nothing.

GG NRS for not making uppercut god damn auto correct shit heads who think this is a strategy. WTF?!

A lot of NJ1s will probably push him off that tactic.

OmegaDL50

I have negative edge turned off and yet I'm having the exact same issues as the other guy discussing this issue.

I just cannot seem to adapt to creating an enormous 'queue' of commands several frames before they happen. It isn't clicking for me. Ah, any extra inputs? Your combo drops.

I'm coming from MK9 and felt the difference too. To make matters worse I'm mostly a SF player.

What I describe requires negative edge NOT to be turned off. This is exactly what I said in my post.

It's is negative edge that allows one to press and and hold a button do the motion for a special move and releasing the button causing the special move to come out.

zlatko

Banned
Yup I give up. I don't get it. If this is the state of this game that a shit tastic player can beat me non stop and he knows NO combos, and I can't do fuck with any of my characters once I'm knocked down no matter how hard I adjust? Yeah no. This game is not for me.

I tried to mash squar eon wake up. block leads to him just jumping over and over and over until he beats me out on a 50-50 that is high or low I don't guess, then back to jump over me. At no point does he convert fo ra big combo... nothing breaks 17% at most.

Pure fucking garbage.

AAK

If you're solely playing this game online, then yeah, definitely play something else. You're not really playing the game envisioned by the developers.

zlatko

Banned
If you're solely playing this game online, then yeah, definitely play something else. You're not really playing the game envisioned by the developers.

If the game envisioned has NO answer to someone doing this. Then it's not a game I want to play.

I want to know what my options are. EX moves ate shit. Uppercut doesn't auto correct. Lows were a no go. Blocking just lead to a mix up. i.e jump over punch? no hit? jump over punch again? no hit? do this x100... gah he keeps blocking it okay. jump over punch. no hit? throw! Oh wait, jump over punch, low kick... did it hit? no? jump over punch.

Infinite vortex. I kept trying so many things as Takeda, Kung Jin, Reptile, Kitana, etc.

Kitana could zone at least, but then he would pick Reptile and beat the zoning tactics Kitana has.

If they keep crossing you up you could delay wakeup and throw off his timing. You could stand up and low profile with a d+4 or sweep depending on character. You could wakeup backdash. You could use the armor of an ex move to absorb the attack. A lot of options.

Yup I give up. I don't get it. If this is the state of this game that a shit tastic player can beat me non stop and he knows NO combos, and I can't do fuck with any of my characters once I'm knocked down no matter how hard I adjust? Yeah no. This game is not for me.

I tried to mash squar eon wake up. block leads to him just jumping over and over and over until he beats me out on a 50-50 that is high or low I don't guess, then back to jump over me. At no point does he convert fo ra big combo... nothing breaks 17% at most.

Pure fucking garbage.

Record and upload one of your matches so we can see what's going on.

I FREAKIN' HATE ranked matches. Holy heck why the hell am I fighting people with such flippin high win/loss records. Seriously. It feels like my soul purpose is to be at the freakin' bottom. F#%@!!!

okay this might be a retarded question, but I can't for the fucking life of me get kung laos x x y combo to work. the one separated by commas. It.s the simplest fucking thing, but I CAN'T DO IT.Even my friend who owns the game cant do it, and he has been playing for a while( he doesnt use kung lao tho)

seriously, i know youre supposed to just input it like dial-a-combo, but it fucking stops at the x x partt

I AM SO MAD RIGHT NOW ACTUALLY. I feel legit retarded

nvm, got it. I am legit retard

Can someone suggest a few basic War God Kotal combos for a novice to master after getting a pretty good feel for his basic combos and specials?

If there's a will there's a way. I beat that one guy who streams
and is a hilarious troll
earlier today. You just gotta duck and remember to block the meter burned rockets. I'm sure these type of players will switch soon lol

https://youtu.be/42iRB6cICdc

Also, this just happened

20150501174807.jpg

I want to see his reactions lol

Ask and ye shall receive:

http://www.twitch.tv/netotigr/v/4567483?t=371m10s

Time stamped for your convenience.

Just gave this game another go online. Just. Fucking. Horrible. It's so fucking depressing and rage-inducing when you're playing someone you KNOW you can beat, but their shitty connection just ruins the whole thing. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

would love to play a good sub zero if your on ps4 add me:

sti4thewin-
For sure, I'll send you a friend request asap

Ask and ye shall receive:

http://www.twitch.tv/netotigr/v/4567483?t=371m10s

Time stamped for your convenience.
Oh man, just came back in the thread to post the same thing. Thanks man. My favorite part is a few seconds before the time stamp when he see my tag and stats:

Alright this guy has only 6 losses. He has a 9% connection
I hope this guy doesn't fade away in a week lol, one of the funniest streamers out there.

Kitana's b+4 low profiles her so low it's super difficult for almost anyone to cross her up with a cross up jump punch.

Don't hate my friend,find a strategy to defeat it. I already mastered Mileena and now I'm out here in online matches laying the smackdown on scrublords with Kitana lol.
VCSHejZ.gif

kzMd9yk.gif

Love these sisters!

Just gave this game another go online. Just. Fucking. Horrible. It's so fucking depressing and rage-inducing when you're playing someone you KNOW you can beat, but their shitty connection just ruins the whole thing. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The only time I've come close to winning matches has been when things freeze up and the match becomes unavailable.

The only time I've come close to winning matches has been when things freeze up and the match becomes unavailable.

Rofl.

Yeah I played 3 matches after watching JWong for a good portion of today. I figured, fuck, he seems to be playing alright, I can do it too. First game was freezing like crazy and won via uppercutting the whole game. The next was just so laggy, but better, but I couldn't output and tight special cancels. 3rd was just a fuck-fest and I got stomped by a machine gunner.

malfcn

Found a 49+ % combo with Takeda, but it takes 2 bars and I can barely do it. Involves a neutral 1 that I can barely ever land.

jp 44 xx exbf1 b21 bd3 nj xx exdb1 d2
d2 might be changeable. I've landed it twice in a loong practice session.

Don't know why np1 is hard for me after a bounce. Is it very strict?

OmegaDL50

Found a 49+ % combo with Takeda, but it takes 2 bars and I can barely do it. Involves a neutral 1 that I can barely ever land.

jp 44 xx exbf1 b21 bd3 nj xx exdb1 d2
d2 might be changeable. I've landed it twice in a loong practice session.

Don't know why np1 is hard for me after a bounce. Is it very strict?

It can be very strict after some juggles.

Look at my Raiden combo for example of a strict timing neutral jump punch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpHvW_uSi8I

You may be able to pull it off. Even though I discover it by accident, even I have trouble landing the NJP some times and rather just go straight into a combo ender for the sake of practicality.

Marvel

could never
Highest damage I can get in the dojo is 43% was using all 3 bars with Takeda I think lol, so hardly impressive but I am improving.

OmegaDL50

Yeah I figured if I can manage to get an average of 30 or nearly 40% damage in combos, using X-Ray is almost pointless when those 3 bars are much more useful for combo extenders. doing EX specials.

Besides if you can pull of a 35% to 40% damage combo using 1 to 2 bars, then you are basically getting near X-Ray levels of damage without the expensive meter cost associated with it.

I suppose X-Ray can be useful as a panic button if you are down by one round at a disadvantage need a quick way to even the odds.

Still I'd much rather use a something that can be hit confirmed into safely, Even factoring scaling I guess doing a quick punch followed into X-Ray might reduce that risk since if the punch is blocked you can safely back off, rather than triggering X-Ray immediately and it being blocked and you pretty much committed yourself to meter waste.

OmegaDL50

hahaha, what :D

"combo, got him."

"it's laaag!"

I find it funny he calls out lag yet the Sub player could pull off a perfectly good combo mid-match. I mean if there was lag, then wouldn't that combo not be possible to execute.

Just something to ponder.

If I lose, I'm not going to blame it on the network connection. I was simply outplayed. That's all there is to it.

Of course network problems DO happen which can effect execution, but I didn't see anything in that video that is indicative of lag to the point that it impedes doing basic combos.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
got that dropping fools trophy. Never in a million did I think I would get it. came out of nowhere too.

Y'all better respect the queen of Outworld.
uWApRQV.gif

Don't hate my friend,find a strategy to defeat it. I already mastered Mileena and now I'm out here in online matches laying the smackdown on scrublords with Kitana lol.

LoL

Marvel

could never
Best I could do with Takeda Can't get any higher than 43% nor can I not use all my bars lol. Scrub indeed.

Would appreciate any tips for any who use him, coming from someone who isn't that great at fighters I was kinda happy with those clips for my first few hours using him.

patchday

I find it funny he calls out lag yet the Sub player could pull off a perfectly good combo mid-match. I mean if there was lag, then wouldn't that combo not be possible to execute.

Just something to ponder.

If I lose, I'm not going to blame it on the network connection. I was simply outplayed. That's all there is to it.

Of course network problems DO happen which can effect execution, but I didn't see anything in that video that is indicative of lag to the point that it impedes doing basic combos.

I can understand blamming lag, etc cause pvpers do that all the time. But all he did on the few clips I've watched was overuse Jacqui's full auto move. Good win for Spine_Ripper!!

Thanks whoever posted the link to that streamers' clip (Cosmic Forge)

abracadaver

Just lost my savegame. No error or anything. It's like starting the game for the first time. Everything gone. Time to beat the story and unlock everything again :-(

PC version

patchday

"combo, got him"
"No!!! Not the corner!!!"
"Stop teabagging me!!!!"

LOL what a riot. Aight, aight... time to go do something else now. Watched this clip like twice now from streamer's perspective

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Can you guys help me with one of Sonya's brutalities? I've been trying to do it but it just never works. It says you need to have less than 50% health and do a 5 hit combo that ends in a leg grab. I've been doing that but it never does tbe brutality. What are the actual requirements? The game obviously isn't telling me something. I even tried doing he enhanced version of the leg grab for the finish but that made no difference.

zlatko

Banned
Can you just run away when he continuously jumps over you? Or bite the bullet and spend the bar for the push block?

If they keep crossing you up you could delay wakeup and throw off his timing. You could stand up and low profile with a d+4 or sweep depending on character. You could wakeup backdash. You could use the armor of an ex move to absorb the attack. A lot of options.

Run wasn't working, and if I don't have the two bars for push block I'm screwed.

As far as delayed wake up I did do that as well, but he would just constantly hop back and over, so if the timing was off, it didn't seem to matter since the punch beat out options I tried.

I tried backdash, but it wasn't coming out quick enough. I may need to retry this one again with a delayed wake up into a back dash.

As far as ex armor non of my options as far as Takeda on ex wake up were working for some reason... I thought ex teleport would've saved the day in this scenario but it wasn't? Ex rush punch would get me a foot away from it, but I would then be eating a new bunch of jump in punches.

Low attacks I did NOT consider, so perhaps this is the correct answer. Takeda's down 4 allows him to take a step forward while staying low and I have seen messes with a variety of other character's moves... I didn't attempt crouching 3 spam either to see if it can keep him grounded and go under the jump punch.

Thank you guys for the ideas.

I felt like a mega noob dip shit losing to him as much as I did. :(

So I played through the night last night.

Tried my hand at ranked matches and have a resounding record of 1 win and 36 losses (YA BABY *rolls eyes*).

Went into practice mode and apparently did no better. I'm stuck on a simple combo. Scorpion kick, then leg take down ( o, > < o ). Can't do it. Or should I say, can't do it within a combo. I clearly kick, then clearly take Sub down with the trip, but it doesn't come up as a combo.

So yeah. I suck.

zlatko

Banned
You aren't doing it fast enough is what it sounds like.

Did you do the tutorial for the game? It has that same combo in there if I recall, and a few others.

Input the take down leg sweep fast as hell as the animation for the overhead kick is playing out.

Cyros

Can you guys help me with one of Sonya's brutalities? I've been trying to do it but it just never works. It says you need to have less than 50% health and do a 5 hit combo that ends in a leg grab. I've been doing that but it never does tbe brutality. What are the actual requirements? The game obviously isn't telling me something. I even tried doing he enhanced version of the leg grab for the finish but that made no difference.

Try this combo: b33,212xxbf4

Top Bottom