• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

zlatko

Banned
Your first mistake was taking online losses seriously. If you want to play online and win, you use online lag tactics, not legitimate play.

I'll dumb down my play as necessary. It's part of the adjustment.

I.e You don't keep trying to do pressure on a Ken in SF4 who just spams Shoryuken after knock down.

The problem I was having that I tried a variety of things from character changes, to dumbing down play, to different options on wake up, etc but it wasn't giving me a consistent method of victory. It was like 15-7 at the end.

The salt was real though. :(

Nuszka

Wow this Netotagr guy is trash I'm surprised he is still number 1

Watched some of his stream linked here before. Have no words , if this is the state of online competition for MK right now , maybe they should not bother fixing their netcode. Have played about 30 games online and only experienced lag and special attacks spam, currently i rather play with cpu on hard. Seems the game has got a good amount of attention from a lot of scrubs and casual players.I am having a deja vu as it was the case with mk9 , a lot of moves need to be rebalanced, frame data changed, if we get lucky in 6 months the game should be more then playable.

malfcn

Best I could do with Takeda Can't get any higher than 43% nor can I not use all my bars lol. Scrub indeed.

Would appreciate any tips for any who use him, coming from someone who isn't that great at fighters I was kinda happy with those clips for my first few hours using him.

44 xx exbf1 b21 xx db3 33 xx bf1

I believe I notated that correct. 41% with one bar. Start with jp for 42%

stn

Does anyone who has all the skins want to help me out with the WBID share on Xbox? I'm not a thief or anything, I just want the skins (check my post history, I've given away stuff to GAF'ers before for free). Would be greatly appreciated! Please PM or quote.

Watched some of his stream linked here before. Have no words , if this is the state of online competition for MK right now , maybe they should not bother fixing their netcode. Have played about 30 games online and only experienced lag and special attacks spam, currently i rather play with cpu on hard. Seems the game has got a good amount of attention from a lot of scrubs and casual players.I am having a deja vu as it was the case with mk9 , a lot of moves need to be rebalanced, frame data changed, if we get lucky in 6 months the game should be more then playable.

Yeah man for 3 games MK/Injustice/MK X all the same online is very discouraging to play because of shit like this not to mention spammers ugh

Manu

I swear, this is the strategy of every Scorpion I've found online:

Spam teleport and leg takedown until X-Ray is full

Is X-Ray full? X-Ray

Rinse, repeat

You aren't doing it fast enough is what it sounds like.

Did you do the tutorial for the game? It has that same combo in there if I recall, and a few others.

Input the take down leg sweep fast as hell as the animation for the overhead kick is playing out.

Yeah. That's where I was doing that combo. It felt like I was inputting it right straight through but couldn't get the damn thing to work. I do find that I seem to have a easier time doing > < then I do going < > so I jumped to the right side of Sub but still couldn't pull it off.

QUESTION FOR PS4 D4 USERS

Left stick, or D Pad? Which do you find easier to use?

Manu

Yeah. That's where I was doing that combo. It felt like I was inputting it right straight through but couldn't get the damn thing to work. I do find that I seem to have a easier time doing > < then I do going < > so I jumped to the right side of Sub but still couldn't pull it off.

Dpad, of course.

Demoskinos

I swear, this is the strategy of every Scorpion I've found online:

Spam teleport and leg takedown until X-Ray is full

Is X-Ray full? X-Ray

Rinse, repeat

Sounds about right. I had one scorpion who kept teleporting I would block then punish with Sonya's 2,1,3,4 string and even though I blocked and punished every time he kept doing it. I mean at some point I was hoping common sense would kick in and he would do something else. But nope just charged head first into that brick wall man.

Manu

Ugh. Today's one of those days where your mind is not in the game and you lose to all kinds of cheap shit or things you should see coming.

Then I get angrier and play even worse so I keep losing.

Maybe I should stop for a while.

Reule

Could anyone playing the MKX mobile game answer this for me? Are some of your console to mobile rewards not checking off? Complete 5 Brutalities and Complete 7 Online Test Your Luck matches are not ticking off for me. Any little bit of a reward for mobile helps grinding it out. It's not like nothing is counting though. I did some other things on the console version that have gone through as of last night.

I saw someone posted the first Ghetto Kombat X episode in here, the second one is up.

Can't wait to see some Jason gameplay soon. He's tempting me to buy the Kombat Pack but I may just wait and buy him individually. I hope they're considering a couple more characters after the Season Pass like Injustice.

Cyros

I've done it anyway now. Guess you really needed it to be at least a 6 hit combo not 5.

I'm going to guess it needed to be five before the special attack lands. I think I had the same issue with a Kotal Kahn brutality.

In other news: Towers only?
CEA8MyHUsAA-PjY.jpg

Fmal

Banned
Why on earth does Sonya's divekick hit mid lmao?

Between that, the weird anti-instant overhead thing, and 90% of projectiles hitting high, it really feels like NRS was too afraid to let a lot of characters breathe and be powerful.

Could anyone playing the MKX mobile game answer this for me? Are some of your console to mobile rewards not checking off? Complete 5 Brutalities and Complete 7 Online Test Your Luck matches are not ticking off for me. Any little bit of a reward for mobile helps grinding it out. It's not like nothing is counting though. I did some other things on the console version that have gone through as of last night.

I saw someone posted the first Ghetto Kombat X episode in here, the second one is up.

Can't wait to see some Jason gameplay soon. He's tempting me to buy the Kombat Pack but I may just wait and buy him individually. I hope they're considering a couple more characters after the Season Pass like Injustice.

Just here to say...dunno. It's not out on Android yet.

Reule

Guess I'm playing a lot of Towers this weekend. I want to go unlock krazy in the Krypt.

Just here to say...dunno. It's not out on Android yet.
Still not? Android users are missing out on all the fun.
Tapping on the screen for hours.

Wish Klassic Mileena was available already. I can't say I hate the mobile game because I actually sort of have fun the first fifteen minutes of a session I do. I do have a tip that may be obvious to many already. To get the Injustice Scorpion skin, you have to play 100 multiplayer ladders. To get this done quickly, it's easier to just do the first Quick Battle (one fight) option in Faction Wars. Each fight has taken me a minute or less to complete with an alright team of two Golds and a Silver.

Demoskinos

Why on earth does Sonya's divekick hit mid lmao?

Between that, the weird anti-instant overhead thing, and 90% of projectiles hitting high, it really feels like NRS was too afraid to let a lot of characters breathe and be powerful.

Tbh I think some Zoners need ratched down a bit. Stuff like Jacqui's Full Auto spam while not unbeatable is just way too good at locking people down. If that hit mid goodness....that would be a whole new level of annoying. For the record though Kano's knives do all hit mid. Surprised I haven't seen more people try to cheese out wins with that.

FranXico

Always D-Pad in fighting games.

PSGames

Are the cutscenes realtime? They don't appear that much better than gameplay graphics but there's a surprising lack of loading to be realtime I would think. Just got this today and really enjoying the story mode this time.

Tbh I think some Zoners need ratched down a bit. Stuff like Jacqui's Full Auto spam while not unbeatable is just way too good at locking people down. If that hit mid goodness....that would be a whole new level of annoying. For the record though Kano's knives do all hit mid. Surprised I haven't seen more people try to cheese out wins with that.

Thats because Kano is a bit slower at throwing them, and they can easily be avoided by jumping. To avoid Jacqui's spam you actually have to come up with a legit strategy. I use Cassie and she is easily punished by spammers, I've had to come up with legit ways to pressure.

Sigmaah

Reptile is my new found love. This dude really is a pressure monster and he's got a nice lil zoning game to him as well.

I need a human ninja reptile costume pls nrs, PLS.

Kano player here,when my backs against the wal: guilty as charged lol

Demoskinos

Just had some fun participating in a community ran tournament over at Giantbomb.

Lost in the group stage in the loser bracket after almost getting back out. Was fun. Should have practiced more on my Fight Commander. Just got it yesterday and still not adjusted to the 6 button layout just yet.

Hadoukie

I'm going to guess it needed to be five before the special attack lands. I think I had the same issue with a Kotal Kahn brutality.

In other news: Towers only?
CEA8MyHUsAA-PjY.jpg

These assholes need to start putting in fine print "except PC players" for every one of these fucking announcements.

Oh right, they don't care

My highest damage combo is 51% with Raiden (Displacer) that uses 2 bars and only works in the corner.

You can do 52% with Thunder God(Corner) and only 1 bar with:
  • JIP, b2, b2, b14 EX Shocker, b32(hold), b14 Shocker
And 49% with MOS/Displacer(Corner) and only 1 bar with:
  • JIP, b2, b2, 214 EX Shocker, b14 Shocker
You lose 1% or so without the jump-in punch. There's something about that b14 string that makes damage scale better for some reason, especially at the wall.

I also looked at various combos in the open between TG and MOS/Disp:

MOS/Disp (2% less without JIP) Mid Screen NO METER
  • JIP, 213, f2,2+4, b11,throw -- 30%
  • JIP, 213, f2,2+4, b14,bf3 -- 30%
  • JIP, 213, NJP, f2,2+4,Shocker -- 28%
  • The timing on the first two is strict, so the NJP one is a decent sub.
MOS/Disp (1% less without JIP) Mid Screen 1 BAR
  • JIP, 214 EX Shocker, NJP, f2,2+4,Shocker -- 41%
Displacer Only version (1% less without JIP) Mid Screen 1 BAR
  • JIP, 214 EX Teleport, 213, f2,2+4, b11,throw -- 37%
  • JIP, 214 EX Teleport, 213, f2,2+4, b14,bf3 -- 37%
  • JIP, 214 EX Teleport, 213, NJP, f2,2+4,Shocker -- 36%
  • Teleport variations do less, sadly, than doing the simple EX shocker version.
Thunder God only version Mid Screen NO METER
  • JIP, 213, NJP, run, b14~LBRC, 214 Shocker -- 36% (33% without JIP)
  • f12b2(don't hold it), b14~LBRC, 214 Shocker -- 31% (Nice 6 frame punish)
Thunder God only version Mid Screen 1 BAR (1% less without JIP)
  • JIP, 214 EX Shocker, NJP, run/step forward, b14~LBRC, 214 Shocker -- 49%!!
  • JIP, 214 EX Shocker, b14~LBRC, 214 Shocker -- 46%!
LBRC = Lightning Bolt Run Cancel = d,b1(hold until you see the animation begin)~f,f+block. So, the complete part of that string would be b14d,b1(hold for a split second)f,f+block

Edit -- A number of these come from TYM or are my versions of those. (I tend to go for the simpler ones since they are more doable online)
Really want that Dark Raiden alt. It's in the Krypt somewhere, right?

KAHN&#8217;S STRONGHOLD
(-1, 14) 10 Koins Dark Raiden Costume

Here's the full list for more reference:

http://www.gosunoob.com/mortal-kombat-x/mkx-chest-krypt-locations/

stn

Why are people still calling zoning "spam"? FWIW, the pro MK players have all said that zoning is weak in this game. Apparently 50/50's and vortex characters are strongest. Must be worth something if they all agree on this.

Fmal

Banned

Cyber Kano's knives do hit mid, but they have enough recovery on them that they're fairly easy to approach on, and Jacqui's full-auto is duckable, and easily run punished.

I don't think either needs to be adjusted, and I'd certainly hope that NRS would be smart enough to neuter the few legitimate zoning characters in this game because a few bad players have feel bads about them.

Why are people still calling zoning "spam"? FWIW, the pro MK players have all said that zoning is weak in this game. Apparently 50/50's and vortex characters are strongest. Must be worth something if they all agree on this.

Even though 50/50s and vortexes are 100% more degenerate for a game, it's a lot harder for bad players to comprehend what's happening to them when someone has them in a corner and is mixing them up. They know they're losing, but they see themselves getting hit in melee range by several different moves so they can't really articulate any reasons as to why what they're losing to is "spammy" or "broken."

When scrubs get shot from across the screen by a Jacqui, LK, or Kano, and they can't close the distance to hit their sick combo they've been practicing in Training Mode, they can identify the problem immediately (in this case, fireballs) and immediately start bitching about it.

It's like when Viscant beat PR Rog in finals for MvC3 at Evo that one year. There was a lot of hate and shittiniess from dipshits toward Viscant because they thought his team was "cheap" because Dark Phoenix is an immediately identifiable as being powerful, but they somehow ignored the fact that PR Rog was playing an even more greasy team because Wolverine's braindead mix-ups covered by quasi-invincible Tron assists is a lot harder to parse than seeing a flaming ball fly around covering everything in hitboxes.

Fmal

Banned
I think I asked this like 2 weeks ago, but has a tier list for the game been announced?

It's way too early for any meaningful list to have been made. The closest you can get is looking at like, the top 32 of NWM and seeing what characters are well represented.

Sigmaah

I think I asked this like 2 weeks ago, but has a tier list for the game been announced?

I feel like summoner quan and nimble reptile gonna be up there, possibly erron black too. Dunno what variation of his tho. Maybe mileena too.

I would look at NWM and ranked leader boards to help get an idea of who's top.

Fmal

Banned
I feel like summoner quan and nimble reptile gonna be up there, possibly erron black too. Dunno what variation of his tho. Maybe mileena too.

I would look at NWM and ranked leader boards to help get an idea of who's top.

I don't know if Sonic Fox captured lightning in a bottle at Fatal 8 or what, but I've yet to see anyone play Erron and just absolutely run over the competition as hard as he did.

Is Sonic Fox still playing Erron now that Fatal 8 is over?

Top Bottom