• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

vg260

what do you need flip stance for? i use stage interaction as the one extra button, i could see using throw too as a shortcut.

Nothing really, but in that layout it makes FS+Bl easy for x-rays
I have throw on the bottom 4th button so I can hit it with my pinky

I just keep my hand on the buttons liks I do for every other game, so my middle finger hovers over the FP button and ring finger over BP. It does feel a tad weird that my index finger hovers over the FS button and doesn't do much, but it feels weirder shifting my hand over from how I normally play.

Is there anyway to change block to like holding back or something like SF? Can't get used to holding R2.

Nope. That's MK.

patchday

yeah if they want me to part with my money for that season pass they gotta work hard for it. Will only buy after I see Jason walking around in streams and get feedback from gaf he is fun. Then I'll buy

Funny thing is I probably wont have much time to play -as him- since I'm still trying to master Jax!! But looking forward to at least completing the Traditional Ladder as Jason. I am expecting a polished finale scene for him

Yaari

Due to the regionlocking nonsense I already have a Kombat Pass I can't even use on my EU copy, so I'm not getting another one anytime soon.

Jason looks fun though, will try him on my US copy.

patchday

Due to the regionlocking nonsense I already have a Kombat Pass I can't even use on my EU copy, so I'm not getting another one anytime soon.

Jason looks fun though, will try him on my US copy.

Yeah that's just BS. I remember you said you had to buy another copy of the game just to play with EU folks to get good pings. Man that's a lot of money you spent.

I wonder if you should try to write the developer? We could probably put our heads together and figure out how to reach Ed Boon. Hate to see a fellow gaf suffer like this. I feel you deserve a free EU Kombat pass as long as you can show proof of purchase

I'd recommend attempting to email Ed Boon and include receipts in that email.

Yaari

PS4 or XBone?

PS4. I think X1 never deals with things like that, much better without silly restrictions.

Yeah that's just BS. I remember you said you had to buy another copy of the game just to play with EU folks to get good pings. Man that's a lot of money you spent.

I wonder if you should try to write the developer? We could probably put our heads together and figure out how to reach Ed Boon. Hate to see a fellow gaf suffer like this. I feel you deserve a free EU Kombat pass as long as you can show proof of purchase

I'd recommend attempting to email Ed Boon and include receipts in that email.

Hah that would be nice. Yeah, I probably won't be able to reach anyone other than some support desk, who'll shove me off. I wish I could just transfer that pass to my EU account but sadly it doesn't work like that. Oh well, I'll still get to try Jason but just not online I guess, haha.

AAK

Interesting scrapped CC alt design:

tumblr_nnsp5zwbny1re9fe1o1_1280.jpg

NEO0MJ

what do you mean by chain grabs ?

I don't really speak the combat lingo but I probably can help.

Do you mean like the bite and flip attacks ?

Yep, that one. Though I guess they're not really a chain grab here as you can block all but one of them.

Anyways, I think I got their timing down, though it's kinda strict. Not to see how to best use them.

chain grabs are a combo of throws, a sequence of special moves. they usually have a pretty tight window where you need to input the next command to keep the throw chain going.

Pretty much.

Interesting scrapped CC alt design

Crazy. I wonder where they were going with that, as it won't work at all with her moveset, unless she only summons the arm during certain moves.

Reule

Damn, they're gonna make me buy the damn Kombat Pack, I think. Can't wait for the stream. That intro is too cool. That Mileena skin that comes with him is awesome.

Edit: One of his variations has a glowy upper body thing going?

Interesting scrapped CC alt design:
That's actually pretty cool. I would've liked the whole arm thing for Jacqui more though if they were going to use it with any character.

Manu

Between the Ferra/Torr concept and that Cassie one, it looks like at some point they wanted future MK to be more Mad Max-ish.

I was watching the video repeatedly.

Slasher - w/machete

Relentless - no machete

Unstoppable - w/machete but has an aura around him on the upper body.

The aura is a special move buff across variations. Slasher gives him the machete, Relentless apparently gives him a teleport and he can also fuck with the opponent's inputs, and Unstoppable let's him revive once at the end of round transforming his meter into life.

The aura is a special move buff across variations. Slasher gives him the machete, Relentless apparently gives him a teleport and he can also fuck with the opponent's inputs, and Unstoppable let's him revive once at the end of round transforming his meter into life.

Where did you read this? O.e

Majestad

Banned

That sounds awesome.

Xevren

Test Your Might and also other gameplay videos that I was about to link but apparently they already got copyrightality'd

He has the machete out all the time in slasher. Guess he was up to purchase for australia but isnt selectable, but people are able to play against him on towers. WB pulling all youtube vids like instantly though lol LI Joe has some tidbits about him on twitter. Unstoppable he can come back to life depending on how much meter he has when he dies.

Some info from TYM on Jason. Haven't seen it posted in thread yet.

Om3ga (I think he is a tester)explained the variations days ago in Jason's forum

Unstoppable:
- Whatever meter Jason has is converted into HEALTH upon death at the end of 'round' (Hi Phoenix).
- Gains access to temporary HEALING buff.
- Gains access to temporary DAMAGE buff.

Slasher:
- Gains access to classic MACHETE weapon. Yes, it can be thrown. Hits mid, decent speed.
- Gains access to unique Slasher specific *****s.
- Gains access to temporary ARMOR buff. When ARMOR is up Jason can NOT jump, & when it runs out he's stunned briefly & can be hit.

Relentless:
- Gains access to TELEPORT. It's very punishable if read. EX version is SAFE!
- Gains access to AUTO DEBUFF. Screen turns red, opponents INPUTS get REVERSED, they also can't DASH or RUN.
- Gains access to the same ARMOR buff as (Slasher) along with pro's & con's.

P.S. Yes, the buffs STACK. And MACHETE gives Jason damn good range

And I know its a popular thing for people to say in the face of a debacle, but I'll refuse to buy any game done by High Voltage Software in future. Even if its another MK. PC version is still shambolic, especially the netcode. I'm sure its worse than consoles.

Ferrio

Banned
Some info from TYM on Jason. Haven't seen it posted in thread yet.

And I know its a popular thing for people to say in the face of a debacle, but I'll refuse to buy any game done by High Voltage Software in future. Even if its another MK. PC version is still shambolic, especially the netcode. I'm sure its worse than consoles.

Inputs reversed debuff? God really? That shit is always so stupid.

Reule

Most of the dialog with Predator and Jason is pretty generic. Mostly just everyone saying a dumb line or being confused.

Shinnok seems to know who they are though, and calls them out by name.
Was there something leaked with Predator? Glad Shinnok will at least know who they are. It's not like any of the characters would really know them. I was just thinking they'd say something out of coincidence that'd be a reference to the Friday the 13th movies. Maybe insulting Jason's mother or that he should go for a swim or something. I don't know.

Considering Jason is mute and all characters only get one line in each intro, I kinda doubt there'll be much that'll be good...
For sure. There isn't too much to work with but I'd be happy with anything fun.

Top Bottom