• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Thing that really irritates me about dlc characters is that none of them come with an alt costume...

Goro could've had a kintaro skin
Jason could have.... something
Tanya could have something that resembles her MK4 outfit
Predator could have the super predator as a skin
and Tremor could have....something like the klassic ninja skins.

Khezu

Was there something leaked with Predator? Glad Shinnok will at least know who they are. It's not like any of the characters would really know them. I was just thinking they'd say something out of coincidence that'd be a reference to the Friday the 13th movies. Maybe insulting Jason's mother or that he should go for a swim or something. I don't know.

For sure. There isn't too much to work with but I'd be happy with anything fun.

A bunch of dialog was datamined from the PC version awhile ago, dialog with all 4 DLC characters.

Not sure if it's real, but it seemed accurate enough.

Negaduck

I would love a kintaro and motaro skin for goro.

Jason seems dumb in the best kind of ways. I say get super wacky with the characters and then either buff the characters that can't hand or dial things back just a little.

Just get all kinds of dumb why not.

I don't know what to make of this games online. I spent spend the first 25 games getting destroyed. The next 10-15 50:50 the the next 15-20 winning most.

Now that sounds like progression but as I improve its putting me against more and more new players or players with terrible win loss ratios.

Then you get the odd game where you keep freezing from lag but your opponent is pulling off combos flawlessly. Are these people not experiencing the same lag as you?

I'm having more fun now I got the basics down but the above points are kinda pushing me away. That and, holy shit, how many people play scorpian and sub zero. Its getting boring fighting the same character all the time.

Reule

A bunch of dialog was datamined from the PC version awhile ago, dialog with all 4 DLC characters.

Not sure if it's real, but it seemed accurate enough.
Damn. Probably is real especially if anything matched up with the recent trailer or anything shown on the stream later.

Still excited.

Thanks! And holy shit at Tremor's ending.

Standing over Shinnok, Tremor reveled in his power. Much had changed since the Black Dragon's excursion to the Dream Realm. Kano had sent Tremor's team there to retrieve a "psych-bomb," to be used in Kano's theft of Shinnok's Amulet. Exposure to that realm had increased Tremor's power and expanded his mind. He would evolve into an Earth elemental: a demi-god whose power would rival that of Raiden and Fujin.

Edit: Looking at the intro dialogue on Predator. It's even more confirmed that in one of his variations he'll be maskless. As there's multiple characters that talk about his face.

Manu

From Tanya's ending:

With Mileena executed, Tanya's dreams of a free Edenia seemed dead as well. She and the other rebels were fugitives from Kotal Kahn's justice. Her fellow Edenian Rain had proved a powerful ally and a satisfactory konsort. But he had become useless to her. In exchange for leniency, Tanya informed the Kahn of Rain's whereabouts. Imprisoned but alive, Tanya's plotting began anew.

EOBJAyk.gif

How bad does the game perform on PC online?

Depends on you and your opponent's connection. Seems to be a lot more sensitive than the console versions, which are not great to begin with.

The in-game ping meter also seems to not matter on PC. I have had zero lag in red bar matches, and horrible lag in green ones.

impact

Banned
Some info from TYM on Jason. Haven't seen it posted in thread yet.

And I know its a popular thing for people to say in the face of a debacle, but I'll refuse to buy any game done by High Voltage Software in future. Even if its another MK. PC version is still shambolic, especially the netcode. I'm sure its worse than consoles.

You're not missing anything. I've been playing the PS4 version and I'm not gonna get anymore NRS games unless they learn to make a decent netcode. Ridiculous that the game is pretty much dead for me due to the lack of SP content and the downright embarrassing netcode. Can't even play people from east coast, don't know why anyone would want them to unlock the regions. This shit is KoF13 tier

Is it not
one of the canonical realms
?

Nope.
It was specifically created for Freddy Krueger.
If it's mentioned anywhere, somebody school me, but I'm 100% sure of it.

One of the intros where he mentions it.

Kano to Tremor: Tremor.
Tremor to Kano: The Dream Realm changed me, Kano.
Kano to Tremor: Don't care, really.

Nope.
It was specifically created for Freddy Krueger.
If it's mentioned anywhere, somebody school me, but I'm 100% sure of it.

One of the intros where he mentions it.

Kano to Tremor: Tremor.
Tremor to Kano: The Dream Realm changed me, Kano.
Kano to Tremor: Don't care, really.

Weird. I'd say that they playing fast and loose with their canon...but it's Mortal Kombat, so whatever.

So wait Tremor is now a demigod like Raiden and Fujin because of the dreamrealm?? He didn't have powers before going in?

No. That was just the Arcade Ladder ending. And the realm is only mentioned in the intros.

fuck, survivor mode is so wack. i wish that there was another way to unlock Hot Shot Johnny.

There is. Have a friend help you out by creating a private KOTH survival. :V

Weird. I'd say that they playing fast and loose with their canon...but it's Mortal Kombat, so whatever.

Too much lore is messing with MK canon. :p

Skyzard

Banned
Anyone else gone to playing on a pad after trying it with a stick?

I can't seem to find a comfortable button combination on the stick, I think largely due to needing to press a button for block instead of back.

Finding Kano quite cool to play as, wasn't really happy on the selection before I tried him.

Top Bottom