• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Reila, if you're reading this. Get hype! You can finally (hopefully) return to MKX! :D

I don't know. Goro is fairly easy to beat. Jason looks like a legit monster.

Goro is easy, when you know his stuff. I'm just saying that it's the type of mentality people have. Another example is with Little Mac in Smash Bros.

We'll have to wait and see when we actually go against Jason to get a feel.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm having chest pains I'm so excited for the PC patch tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I picked this up for PS4 earlier today, and put in a little time with it. I like it a lot so far. I just dicked around in practice mode for a bit, played through Klassic Tower on medium and got my ass kicked online in 3 player matches (won one round) to knock out that daily faction challenge. I've only played as Scorpion so far. He was my main back in the day (I haven't owned an MK game since 3 on SNES). Looking forward to playing more and checking out all the characters.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to cry if the PC patch is 15GB again.

It could be 100gb and I'd be happy as long as it fixes everything. I haven't stopped smiling since Ed announced the patch.

shaowebb

PC patch tomorrow for console parity performance?

Please be real...I can't even get BNB timings the same between stages. I literally have to adjust my combos between stages :C

sad that they didn't show the upcoming Klassic Skins, I wanna see dat Liu Kang, Sonya & Kano. I'm assuming that it's gonna be MK2 or MK3 Liu Kang, MK3 Sonya, and MK1 Kano.

sad that they didn't show the upcoming Klassic Skins, I wanna see dat Liu Kang, Sonya & Kano. I'm assuming that it's gonna be MK2 or MK3 Liu Kang, MK3 Sonya, and MK1 Kano.

I'm expecting MK3 Sonya as well. For Liu Kang, I'm honestly expecting it to be his Bruce Lee look of the first MK.

We'll see them soon enough whenever Tanya is ready to drop on by.

Son, my hugs have armor. I'm basically a knight in Camp Crystal Lake Armor.

Damn, why do you have to out do me?

OmegaDL50

I'm going to cry if the PC patch is 15GB again.

The problem with Steam patches is that it doesn't just fix broken files on disc but rather replaces old file with entire new ones.

That is why the last huge patch was 15gb because a shit ton of files were being replaced.

If you look at your directory for MKX, you'll see that the game still 35GB or so and an extra 15GB wasn't added on top of it.

The problem isn't isolated to MKX but how Steam's update process works, unfortunately.

I'm expecting MK3 Sonya as well. For Liu Kang, I'm honestly expecting it to be his Bruce Lee look of the first MK.

We'll see them soon enough whenever Tanya is ready to drop on by.

in a (
my
) perfect world, it would be MK Shaolin Monks Sonya, MK1 Liu Kang and MK1 Kano. Hell, I would even take MK4 Sonya over MK3 Sonya, not a fan of the white and black patterns on the outfit.

patchday

Hopefully our PC brothers will soon be able to enjoy MK X just as much or much more then the console versions. Been enjoying the game on ps4. The few times I've played online seemed pretty smooth but I've been doing simple combos.

Now that I've completed the offline training I feel quite enlightened. Pulling off these combos seem like you need to hit the buttons at the speed of light. You guys won't believe this but I actually had to set "Release Check" to "ON" in order to complete the tutorial. That's right, I had to enable the check. Previously, been playing with it disabled.

Must be some feature NRS added to help out nooblets like myself. Hence the default. Very concerned I needed the option to help pull off combos. Oh well...

ChouGoku

Any tips for facing scorpion players idk why he gives me so much trouble. Even weak players can get over on me if they use scorpion, it's something about his pattern of attack

Manu

Any tips for facing scorpion players idk why he gives me so much trouble. Even weak players can get over on me if they use scorpion, it's something about his pattern of attack

Most Scorpion players just pick the Inferno variation and spam their teleport, leg takedown, and that thing that pulls you from below. All three can be blocked while ducking. Just block and punish.

So, finally watching gameplay of Jason. I'm definitely going with Slasher still, and will play around with Unstoppable.

I just love the concept of him coming back.

Cannot wait to perform those brutalities as well!

vg260

They are justifying the Unlock Krypt and Easy Fatalities. *Sigh*

I did find a lot of that discussion to be a non-response and, so it was a little frustrating to listen to. They seemed pretty adamant that the back and forth unlocking stuff is a core part of the MK experience that the hardcore players who are likely watching want to go through and experience. I tend to disagree with the latter.

Also, so the solution to a lot of the fans wanting easy fatality motions is to make them a consumable (which is the real issue) that they charge for? That's lame. That's taking advantage of, not looking after those fans.

Demoskinos

I did find a lot of that discussion to be a non-response and, so it was a little frustrating to listen to. They seemed pretty adamant that the back and forth unlocking stuff is a core part of the MK experience that the hardcore players who are likely watching want to go through and experience. I tend to disagree with the latter.

Also, so the solution to a lot of the fans wanting easy fatality motions is to make them a consumable (which is the real issue) that they charge for? That's lame. That's taking advantage of, not looking after those fans.

That's the realities of business. That's WB coming to them and saying that they have to make it that way. I seriously doubt Boon or anyone at NRS really wanted to make them microtransactions.

ChouGoku

Most Scorpion players just pick the Inferno variation and spam their teleport, leg takedown, and that thing that pulls you from below. All three can be blocked while ducking. Just block and punish.
Thanks, I'm going to try that later online

Dr. Buni

I am watching the Jason stream now and I really dig how his animations aren't like... the usual fighting games characters. What I mean is that he doesn't have a "fighting pose" or any kombat style. He is just an undead dude with a machete. Also yeah, his running animation is a bit on the silly side.

Can't wait for Predator!

DJ Gunner

I'm in a tough spot, Gaf. For the last three games I've mained Kitana and had a couple of secondary characters in my arsenal. This time around, two things have changed:

1. I have far less time to devote to gaming i.e. really only time to learn one, maybe two characters decently

2. Kitana just doesn't seem to fit my playstyle anymore at all.

I considered myself half decent at MK, certainly not tourney level or anything but solid in the low-mid tiers of players. As such I would learn a few short BnB combos that would get me mid-high 20s and be happy with that. I find her combos extremely difficult now to pull off under pressure and none of them really open up an opponent- I get _slaughtered_ in corners by friends who I easily dominated in the past three games.

Should I stick with her and keep trying to learn and get better with her- or start looking elsewhere? Is she a strong character this time around?

Well in this game Kitana is a zoner. That's pretty much all she excels at and I doubt that will change. I can't imagine much being found that would put her offense even close to the level of the other characters. She's just going to win by zoning and punishing mistakes. If you don't think you can make that work then you should probably switch.

Good thing I checked this thread, I wasn't aware a patch was coming. But yeah, hopefully. I miss the game but without online... It is not fun :D :(

It was just announced on the Jason stream today. Kinda cool that it was Boon who announced it, I hope that everyone can play normally, and a lot better than before with this patch. ^^

The online portion will come by soon enough! D:

Android game is up if anyone wants it

Sweet! I can finally get my costumes. :') I'm going to dedicate a whole day for MKX Mobile.

SuperBonk

Yeah I started off wanting to main Kitana because I really enjoyed her in the waning days of MK9 but she doesn't fit my play-style at all in this game.

Ended up switching to Sonya and I'm having way more fun as a result. Oddly enough I think Covert Ops Sonya plays most similarly to Cyber Sub, my main in MK9.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Yeah I started off wanting to main Kitana because I really enjoyed her in the waning days of MK9 but she doesn't fit my play-style at all in this game.

Ended up switching to Sonya and I'm having way more fun as a result. Oddly enough I think Covert Ops Sonya plays most similarly to Cyber Sub, my main in MK9.

Try Cassie?

Top Bottom