• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Boon troll tweeting about Rain for those that had the slightest doubt those story characters would be dlc

Garlador

I'm going to have so much fun killing new Jason players after work...

Might be my best (and only) shot at getting the "Dropping Fools" achievement.

BadAss2961

One thing i don't like about Jason is his skin doesn't look nasty and decayed its a minor thing
The fact that he runs instead of walking fast and that his skin isn't disfigured are big problems for me. I don't know what NRS was thinking.

Moveset looks good though.

kodecraft

One thing i don't like about Jason is his skin doesn't look nasty and decayed its a minor thing

Jason doesn't look nasty and decayed, only his face is supposed to be deformed.

The 2009 reboot and Friday the 13th part 3 showed this.

It's the later Fridays that got carried away with his look.

creatchee

Another note on Jason: unless I'm wrong, he doesn't have any combos with elements that hit low (barring normal cancels into specials, of course). If that's the case, he's going to be very easy to block. Might have to go full grappler archetype with him.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Exactly. You lose everything specifically tied to that faction:
backgrouds, icons, borders, faction kills (including your Champion/5th FK if you have it)
Well fuck that. I need every koin advantage I can get to grind my 130,000 required for the rest of the brutalities.

Speaking of faction kills, can someone actually explain these? Can they only be used online or something?

WeskerXXI

Speaking of faction kills, can someone actually explain these? Can they only be used online or something?
They are just extra fatalities tied to the faction. Just input the command after the Finish Him message on any game mode, they are not exclusive to online nor faction battles or anything.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
jason has ran in multiple movies. only casual fans do not know this.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I'm going bat shit trying to figure out how to get skins from the mkx app.

Both my ipad and android phone are too old run it.

I tired to use andy's android program on my pc. But the game wasn't supported.

So I've taken to twitter begging for paid costume dlc. This shit is driving me mental.

update edit: finally got it to install on my phone. Don't know if I can play it yet though.

update 2 : everything seems to be working on my nexus 4. The app was in the store since Sunday telling me my device wasn't supported. Still keeps crashing on my ipad though. Hopefully I can get them skins now. would still buy them if they get put out as dlc though.

pahamrick

I'm going bat shit trying to figure out how to get skins from the mkx app.

Both my ipad and android phone are too old run it.

I tired to use andy's android program on my pc. But the game wasn't supported.

So I've taken to twitter begging for paid costume dlc. This shit is driving me mental.

Folks on PC already figured out how to unlock everything by replacing a file, but how safe it is to use online is unknown.

Almost did a 10 in a row ranked match wins and Kung Jin ruined it all what a cheap asshole silly damage on basic combos fuck you Kung Jin thanks for ruining my trophy you dick..

Zomba13

Folks on PC already figured out how to unlock everything by replacing a file, but how safe it is to use online is unknown.

I've used a file to unlock all costumes and played online. You can only use costumes you've actually unlocked online, like actually unlocked and not swapped a file. I can use gold Scorpion offline but not online.

PC Patch is live. 15.8GB

Of course it is. And will not fix a thing just add Jason and the costumes.

pahamrick

I've used a file to unlock all costumes and played online. You can only use costumes you've actually unlocked online, like actually unlocked and not swapped a file. I can use gold Scorpion offline but not online.

Of course it is. And will not fix a thing just add Jason and the costumes.

Oh, that's good to know. I mainly play offline 1v1 so I might have to look into that.

And yeah, that's about what I'm expecting. It's silly of me to hope that they fixed they story mode cutscenes.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really glad it's a huge patch, it needed to be. Only getting 2mb/s instead of my usual 3.5mb/s though, Steam servers getting pounded I guess.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
They need to fucking optimize their patches or some shit because there's no reason for this game to have had two 15GB patches already.

Zomba13

Oh, that's good to know. I mainly play offline 1v1 so I might have to look into that.

It's pretty great. Only thing is the file I used doesn't have Kold War Scorpion (though the full, unlock everything file apparently does). Also used Cheat Engine to give me a couple million Koins to unlock everything because fuuuuuuuuuck grinding or paying £15.

DAMN

They had to fix a lot of shit to release a patch this big huh

Last patch was around that size I think and it didn't really fix much just broke Dead Woods (which had a patch released that fixed that and was much smaller).

Nzyme32

16 gig patch just started downloading for me on steam. This better be good.

Well, it is a heft one

5/5 Update

We’ve been monitoring the forums and are aware of the issues players are encountering. We appreciate the constructive feedback from you, the community. We want you to know that there is ongoing support behind the scenes and it’s important to us that Mortal Kombat X is a fun experience for all of our players. We will be posting announcements more frequently to keep you aware of upcoming fixes.

Today we are posting a new patch for the early access release of Jason Voorhees to Kombat Pack owners. The patch will also address the following for all users:

-Added the free Klassic Sub-Zero costume.
-Display drivers should no longer crash during online play.
-A crash will no longer occur after a full rotation of players in the lobby during Round Robin matches.
-Fixed a crash that some users experienced during the first QTE in the story.
-Game no longer crashes when players attempt to join a game through Steam or in a room.
-Fixed startup crash on high end systems (those with > 8 cores).
-Fixed a crash that would occur during recorded match playback.
-Save data safety check to try to eliminate save data loss.
-Fix to prevent save game data from being corrupted while closing the game.
-Walk away animations now appear at the end of the character selection process.
-The levers in Shao Khan's Tomb will now activate.
-Shinnok's Flick Trick Fatality no longer experiences a significant framerate drop.
-Functionality is no longer lost while watching a match replay.
-Pre-game lobbies will populate 10 players into Faction Battle matches.
-Kombat Kards will now display correct Icons, Backgrounds, and Borders in a KOTH match.
-Fatality inputs no longer change into QTE inputs during in Online Tower Battles.
-Game no longer desynchronizes when a player selects a character that their opponent has not unlocked.
-D'Vorah's cape no longer moves when she's killed.
-Game no longer freezes when opponent in online closes the game.
-Title remains responsive while story cinematics are loading.
-Fixed leaderboards and kombat kards not updating past the top players.
-After entering Replays with the controller the Player can use the keyboard when watching a replay from an online match.
-Loading screens now display before progress bar fills up.
-Diagonal arrows are shown instead of keys when Alternate Control is enabled.
-Sometimes saving a Custom1 preset displayed as being saved for Custom1-4 in the character select and pause menu controls screens.
-The UI arrows will now switch sides on a tagged move when the character switched position with his opponent.
-Chat room names will now display properly (instead of SteamIDs.)
-Fixed input callouts when switching between keyboard and USB controller after entering a KOTH match.
-Additional graphical fidelity options.
· General Matchmaking improvements.
· Performance improvements
· Improved online stability
· Multiplayer invite improvements
· Gameplay fixes and balancing
· Various Kombat Kard fixes
· WB Play fixes
· General bug fixes

Skyzard

Banned
Hope the cutscene darkness is fixed for that size.

Nope, not according to that list. Got to sit through a 2hours movie with maximal black crush and full of QTE.

Top Bottom