• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Zomba13

wtf, I've been saving my koins for when they fix the krypt bugs. No way I'm gonna update and lose 700k+ koins.

If it breaks your save I highly recommend just giving yourself a bunch of koins using Cheat Engine. If you don't want to cheat or anything then just give yourself the same amount you had before the patch.

abracadaver

PC folks: Don't delete your saves. Check the save folder (steam/userdata/[yourusernumber]/307780) and check if your old files are still there. I think the problem is that the new patch is adding a MK10BSET file which is not in my backup folder. There may be a way for them to revert the saves as long as you still have them.

How?

I have not played with today's patch yet (still downloading) but my progress was all gone last weekend. Can I save it from one of these files?

mkxkiuf3.jpg

God, you have to laugh at the fact that this is literally worst case scenario for everyone.

I successfully re-uploaded my backup to steam cloud saves, loaded up the game, still broke. Time to play some Wolfenstein.

How?

I have not played with today's patch yet (still downloading) but my progress was all gone last weekend. Can I save it from one of these files?

mkxkiuf3.jpg

Just don't touch your save files (backup the save folder as it is right now). There is a very good chance that the patch will blow up your save, but it doesn't delete the files (it adds the MK10BSET file and updates the GSET and PSET files). There is a chance that another patch could restore your saves...

But I'm not holding my breath.

Indignate

God, I'm not even going to bother updating.

If they can't fix this, they better just refund any person who bought the krypt pack and give it out for free.

Methos#1975

My game is fucked now, they seriously screwed up the resolution. I only see about 25% of the screen now and nothing I have tried canr fix it

MiguelItUp

What a travesty.. I love Netherrealm but it's apparent they need to distance themselves from High Voltage when publishing on PC. This is embarrassingly bad. I don't even know how they'd plan on fixing this. Give the PC community every unlockable period? Hell, even then it wouldn't be enough for people with high ranks and what not.

RM8

I'm terrified :[ Downloading the patch right now, I have been lucky so far (absolutely no issues on my Alpha) and I hope this is not the patch that breaks the game for me.

Walk me through it please

Assuming you are using Geforce Experience: Open up Geforce Experience, find MK10, click the wrench, change your Display Mode to Fullscreen, click apply.

If you aren't using an Nvidia card, try starting the game, and then opening Task manager, right clicking on MK10 and hitting "maximize". I'm not sure that will work, but it's the only thing I can think of doing.

Methos#1975

I'm terrified :[ Downloading the patch right now, I have been lucky so far (absolutely no issues on my Alpha) and I hope this is not the patch that breaks the game for me.

Lucky bastard, I am on the Alpha as well and its been nothing but issues since releasae

Uraizen

Banned
Okay, seriously? I had the entire Krypt unlocked and now I have diddly dick. They need to give out the Krypt unlock for free at least. I know they won't, but they should.

Zomba13

Is there an easy tutorial for this anywhere?

There might be a Cheat Table for MKX if you google Cheat Engine Mortal Kombat X but the way I do it is this way (Sorry if this is a bad explanation, there is probably a tutorial or guide online somewhere):

1) Open MKX
2) Open Cheat Engine
3) Load the MKX.exe process
4) Check the number of Koins in MKX (eg 1000)
5) Enter that in the box "Value" and click "First Scan"
6) Spend or earn some koins so the value changes
7) Enter the new value (eg 1230) and clikc "Next Scan"
8) This should then narrow down the list of memory addresses on the left hand table
9) you can repeat steps 6 and 7 to narrow down if you like but for me I just changed all the values left
10) Select them all with Shift + Left click and then Right click -> Change Value of selected addresses (or something like that) and then enter something like 700000000
11) go back to MKX and re-load the Krypt and you should have 7 million koins
12) Open all the tombs and chests and what nots

Also here is the site I got the edited .ini to unlock everything or all costumes.
http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=7834

Costumes only work when playing offline unless you've actually unlocked them on your save. No idea about any of the other stuff as I used Cheat Engine to give me koins for all Krypt unlocks and just used the ini with the costumes.

OH, And I've played a bunch online and no bannings or whatever (but I've only used icons and player kard stuff I've unlocked, none of the unobtainable ones)

Oh and one more edit: you can probably use cheat engine to give yourself a million easy fatalities too because fuuuuuuuuck paying for that shit especially on the PC where they like to break your game and give you 30GB of patches in a day, one to breka it and one to put things back to as they were but with your save still broken.

RM8

Lucky bastard, I am on the Alpha as well and its been nothing but issues since releasae
This is weird, isn't it? It should perform exactly the same for us :0

Now they are removing the patch by letting you download 15,2GB

This is just pathetic...

http://steamcommunity.com/games/307780/announcements/detail/134324112481126114
Lol. This is unbelievable.

There might be a Cheat Table for MKX if you google Cheat Engine Mortal Kombat X but the way I do it is this way (Sorry if this is a bad explanation, there is probably a tutorial or guide online somewhere):

1) Open MKX
2) Open Cheat Engine
3) Load the MKX.exe process
4) Check the number of Koins in MKX (eg 1000)
5) Enter that in the box "Value" and click "First Scan"
6) Spend or earn some koins so the value changes
7) Enter the new value (eg 1230) and clikc "Next Scan"
8) This should then narrow down the list of memory addresses on the left hand table
9) you can repeat steps 6 and 7 to narrow down if you like but for me I just changed all the values left
10) Select them all with Shift + Left click and then Right click -> Change Value of selected addresses (or something like that) and then enter something like 700000000
11) go back to MKX and re-load the Krypt and you should have 7 million koins
12) Open all the tombs and chests and what nots

Also here is the site I got the edited .ini to unlock everything or all costumes.
http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=7834

Costumes only work when playing offline unless you've actually unlocked them on your save. No idea about any of the other stuff as I used Cheat Engine to give me koins for all Krypt unlocks and just used the ini with the costumes.

OH, And I've played a bunch online and no bannings or whatever (but I've only used icons and player kard stuff I've unlocked, none of the unobtainable ones)
Thanks, I will try it :p

Kalavaras

Banned
20+ hours in practise and ~150 online matches and I finally feel like I understand the game a little bit. Now I'm maining Thunder God Raiden and it's pretty much the only character I know "well", and by well I mean what happens with every button press I do and I can do some combos. I'm still very clueless on many characters which make it hard to fight against them online but at least the game is not just an endless button mash anymore. Very, very satisfying to actually manage to pull off something that I've actually tried to do.

There's still long, looooooooong way to go though. Fuck me I didn't realise fighting games were so freaking hard. Right now I just want to have fun with Raiden and I won't even bother trying to understand frame data or any shit like that.

I really fell in love with Kung Jin the first time I tried him. I was so sad when I read about him online after learning some combos on him. So much hate. Can't have my 1st main to be the biggest joke character in the game. After Full Auto Jacqui that is.

Indignate

If you downloaded the patch, just keep it and don't revert back (unless you're really dying to play or you don't have bandwidth issues and just don't care).

I'm sure when they fix the patch, most of the data will be the same aside from whatever the save bug is.

They should just change the Steam version to Early Access status and then give us 1 million krypt coins as compensation and give people free Kombat Passes if they haven't bought them already. This port is a train wreck. Hopefully, this will teach NRS to do the PC version in house next time.

If you downloaded the patch, just keep it and don't revert back (unless you're really dying to play or you don't have bandwidth issues and just don't care).

I'm sure when they fix the patch, most of the data will be the same aside from whatever the save bug is.

Pretty sure it'd still download 15GB anyways

abracadaver

What the fuck?

I just finished downloading the 15GB update and now it is downloading another 15GB ... ?

edit:

I see:

We are temporarily removing the patch until we can pinpoint the cause of save data loss. We are actively working on this and will keep everyone posted as we work towards a fix. We sincerely apologize for this disruption.

Thanks. I wanted to play as Jason :-(

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
ROFL, I play for 15 minutes and now I need to download another 15.2gb? Come on now.

BTW, ping bars still don't work in rooms.

Zomba13

ROFL, I play for 15 minutes and now I need to download another 15.2gb? Come on now.

BTW, ping bars still don't work in rooms.

I assumed that they were working but that every single player had a terrible ping because of the net code.

NRS are almost guaranteeing that I will NEVER buy a PC port of any of their games EVER again and that I will just wait 6 months to a year and buy GOTY edition on PS4.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I assumed that they were working but that every single player had a terrible ping because of the net code.

You could be right, we'll see tomorrow when people have the patch downloaded, especially now that we have to download it again.

Top Bottom