• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Reule

Sorry to you PC users, that's some serious bullshit. HVS continuing to screw up. I'd be pretty upset losing all the stuff I unlocked.

Just here waiting on Jason. PSN store needs to update at the beginning of the day.

So where's my Jason? Downloaded him on PS4, but he isn't showing up at character select.

If he isn't showing up heres a trick you can do.

- Go to training mode
- Pick characters and a stage
- While its loading, open an app that suspends Mortal Kombat (For example: Spotify)
- After you've opened an app, go back to Mortal Kombat.
- Go back to character select and he should be there.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So we downloaded the 15.8gb patch, now you need to download 15.2gb for the older version, then you will need to download the 15.8gb update again once it's fixed?

Skyzard

Banned
So I take it I'm right in cancelling the first update if it still hadn't finished...so I don't have to download 15 GB to go back to pre-patch.

Cancelled it and there's no new patch to download so I think so.

RM8

So I take it I'm right in cancelling the first update if it still hadn't finished...so I don't have to download 15 GB to go back to pre-patch.

Cancelled it and there's no new patch to download so I think so.
Yup. I had just started downloading, then I stopped the download and now it doesn't attempt to update anymore.

Zomba13

So we downloaded the 15.8gb patch, now you need to download 15.2gb for the older version, then you will need to download the 15.8gb update again once it's fixed?

Yup. BUT if you didn't download todays patch then there is nothing to download. The second patch was the revert to the older version (basically breaking everything they "fixed"). The next patch should be around 15.8GB again though. So yeah, if you got todays patch there is one to revert it and another in the future.

RM8

Good thing I don't care about Jason, lol, I'd be very pissed off if the Tanya update would have done this :[

Skyzard

Banned
You guys might want to make a new thread to warn people not to download the new mkx patch
sad.gif

They should have mentioned it in the forum announcement too. Cancel the patch if you're currently downloading.

Is it possible to just cancel the first patch and not have to download the second? Because I'd really rather not have to wait 5+ hours for the already in progress one to finish and then wait another 5+ hours to undo it

OmegaDL50

Guys I think this patch didn't download or install properly.

Because I downloaded 7.2GB out of the supposed 15GB and it claims it was done. When I know for a fact I did not download the full 15GB the update was supposed to be.

Maybe this is what is screwing up Save files, that everyone got half of the patch they were supposed to get.

Zomba13

Is it possible to just cancel the first patch and not have to download the second? Because I'd really rather not have to wait 5+ hours for the already in progress one to finish and then wait another 5+ hours to undo it

Yeah just cancel the download and it won't auto-update.

Naite

So glad I don't download these patches right away. I have both the pc and ps4 versions but I mainly use the ps4 version. I would've deleted the pc version by now but I just upgraded my pc and wanted to see how well it'll run it. I'll probably delete it now and stick strictly with the ps4 version.

Making sure your save files revert properly after the 2nd 15gb patch:

Steps I took starting with the first patch
1) Started the game after patching and found my save file was no longer being registered with the game.
2) Downloaded the 2nd 15gb patch and ran the game. Save file was still gone.
3) Turned off cloud saves for MKX (right click on the game in Steam, Properties, Updates, uncheck the cloud save box)
4) Deleted everything in Steam/userdata/[myuser]/307780
5) Copied my backed up 307780 folder over to my steam directory
6) Ran the game and the save was working again.

For those of you who didn't back up your save BEFORE running the game post patch, I would recommend making a backup of the save directory and deleting the MK10BSET file as that was added for this patch.

Hopefully this helps.

Yeah just cancel the download and it won't auto-update.

Oh, since there isn't an actual "cancel" option I thought you couldn't but just pausing and trying to play did it.

it's a good thing I had backed up because apparently you don't needto have fully downloaded the patch to fuck up your save data :|

Wow what a shit show, I'm glad I haven't downloaded any 15 GB patches yet (I need to summon the will power and patience for that) this is really shameful.

They should have just released MKX on PC as an Early Access title at a 25-30% discount with 1,000,000 krypt coins as a bonus. Let's be real, this game is an EA game that is not EA. I'd rather have a 2 month delay than deal with all of this crap.

Xenthar

『Inaba Resident』;162804991 said:
If he isn't showing up heres a trick you can do.

- Go to training mode
- Pick characters and a stage
- While its loading, open an app that suspends Mortal Kombat (For example: Spotify)
- After you've opened an app, go back to Mortal Kombat.
- Go back to character select and he should be there.

This work in single match too. but when the match ends and i go back to player selection he's not there anymore

NEO0MJ

On PC. Stopped the original update, restarted stead, made it continue so it could cancel itself. Checked the game and my save is good. Still, this is fucking awful. I'd feel terrible if I bought the season pass for early characters.

drotahorror

Not gonna lie it's getting to be a bit stupid how Sony handles DLC releases.

Give us a timeframe anything.

Also, don't make us do idiotic things like, dashing and opening HBO go to suspend MK and then going back to it to play Jason.

Sony's Store is beyond frustrating sometimes.

Man. I really should have made a thread telling people not to buy this version before release. I went into almost ever MKX thread complaining about HVS and their PC ports, but not many people seemed to care and there were even people downplaying HVS doing MKX. Saying they never had issues or this game would be okay since it launches with the console versions.

I feel really bad for you guys having to deal with this shit. This is 100x worse than MK9/Injustice. I suffered through both of those but I can't even begin to imagine dealing with this bullshit.

PC users really should bombard NRS for some kind compensation. MMOs that launch with even fewer issues give out free game time or items. You guys definitely deserve something.

zeemumu

Are they releasing a patch to fix the Jason character select screen bug? I found a way to get past it but the fix goes away if you exit back to the main screen.

That said, unstoppable variation Jason is fricken hilarious.

OmegaDL50

I know. It is ridiculous. Do they really need to replace basically half of the game's files to patch it?

I've said this twice, but hopefully it's worth repeating.

The problem with Steam patches is that it doesn't just fix broken files on your HDD but rather replaces the old file with entire new ones.

That is why the last huge patch was 15gb because a shit ton of files were being replaced.

If you look at your directory for MKX, you'll see that the game still 35GB or so and an extra 15GB wasn't added on top of it.

The problem isn't isolated to MKX but how Steam's update process works.

It doesn't patch existing files you have, but deletes and replace. That is how Steam does it's updates.

And since MKX has obviously very huge files this issue is compounded even further.

Why can't I play Jason? I downloaded him.

Ha...I can't even find him to download him.

Never mind. Found him in the store. There should be a more streamlined way to get DLC. I should just automatically update to your console.

Never mind again. Looks like I'm in the same boat. Downloaded...but can't find him to play him.

Is there a way to play Jason without opening the youtube app when a fight is loading then going back to player select? because thats hella annoying i just wanna play him online ):

Dr. Buni

I've said this twice, but hopefully it's worth repeating.

The problem with Steam patches is that it doesn't just fix broken files on your HDD but rather replaces the old file with entire new ones.

That is why the last huge patch was 15gb because a shit ton of files were being replaced.

If you look at your directory for MKX, you'll see that the game still 35GB or so and an extra 15GB wasn't added on top of it.

The problem isn't isolated to MKX but how Steam's update process works.

It doesn't patch existing files you have, but deletes and replace. That is how Steam does it's updates.

And since MKX has obviously very huge files this issue is compounded even further.
I didn't know all files had to be replaced thanks to Steam. That is unfortunate, so I guess I will back off from buying huge games on release then. Thanks for explaining.
Aren't topics closed at 10,000 posts?

We are approaching that number soon.

Who is doing the MKX OT2?
20,000 posts, no? I think the OP will make the OT2. Hopefully s/he uses the Quan Cheesy title this time.

-MD-

PC users really should bombard NRS for some kind compensation. MMOs that launch with even fewer issues give out free game time or items. You guys definitely deserve something.

Should give us something substantial, like Jason for free.

We've put up with a lot of shit but this is ridiculous.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
15gb patch downloading again... whut >_>

OmegaDL50

20,000. Still far away buddy.

Ah, okay, Thanks for the info giancarlo123x and Reila.

I'll give it a go but that would probably ruin the rest of the colours outside of the cutscenes.

If you view the cutscenes outside of the game they look normal. It's only when they are seen in-game they have the black crush issue.

So it's apparently something in-game that is causing the overall darkness to persist when the cutscenes are seen in game.

BigFwoosh

Is there a way to play Jason without opening the youtube app when a fight is loading then going back to player select? because thats hella annoying i just wanna play him online ):

Can you not just download him, leave MK and hit Options->Close Application, then restart MK?

Lost my PC save, got reversion patch, tried to play through story mode again but I can't find the strength to even play the game.

This might be the end for me and MK. Wasted money.

Nzyme32

Wow what a shit show, I'm glad I haven't downloaded any 15 GB patches yet (I need to summon the will power and patience for that) this is really shameful.

On the one hand, I'm glad they are at least trying to fix up the game (or at least have the appearance of doing so) and clearly putting in some sort of effort.

On the other hand, fucking damn

BigFwoosh

Already in but he won't appear in the select screen unless i open an app while loading into a fight then back out he appears and i can pick him its pretty weird lol

I haven't tried this myself so I had no clue if it would work. MKX seems to have some really weird syncing issues in general so this isn't surprising.

I haven't tried this myself so I had no clue if it would work. MKX seems to have some really weird syncing issues in general so this isn't surprising.

Try it out if you installed him worked for me and a bunch of others, yeah syncing got problems in this game i still don't have any of the unlocks from the mobile game ..

Top Bottom