• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

RM8

No code from GMG :( A guy on Reddit says he received a mail saying we won't get codes until tomorrow... I really hope that's not the case.

Edit: Premium edition FWIW.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
giphy.gif

Well opening up the game, and seeing the main menu is still playing...Right?
Everything will be locked out.

What sort of costumers or alternates does the game have? ...everyone has one alternate costume, and that's it? no visual customization? Anything like Virtua Fighter 4?

I'm sort of on the fence... Whenever I get hyped for a fighting game, I usually find myself bored in a few days because I'm just not enough of a genre fan and too much of a RPG fan. The Faction system sounded interested but the reviews seem to make it more of a nice bonus than any sort of dominant online system.

Pretty disappointed there isn't a huge challenge tower like MK9. My family and I spent months together completing that thing. Hopefully the online towers scratch that itch for us.

EulaCapra

Hell has frozen over.

Mileena's alternate costume is somehow COVERING more skin while two of Kitana's costumes are somehow showing more skin than either of Mileena's. Mileena gained...dignity?

Why is the pre-load only 3GB? Isn't the point of pre-load to allow people to download most of the game prior to the release? Anyways, I was indecisive if I would buy it now or on a sale, but I ended up buying it. Can't wait to try the new characters! :)
Watch the MK9 cutscenes on youtube, they are the length of a movie (around 2h).
I'm downloading 33 GB right now. There's four things:

Absolute minimum
Patch
Goro
The rest

And they're all going right now.

Why not give the option to pre-load the full game for those of us with crappy internet download speeds? And yes I'm aware the game can be played with just these 3 gigs while the rest downloads and installs.

Grrr...
TmKcRVi.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Hell has frozen over.

Mileena's alternate costume is somehow COVERING more skin while two of Kitana's costumes are somehow showing more skin than either of Mileena's. Mileena gained...dignity?
She looks more human in this game, too.

I mean, this

latest

Became this

latest

Trojan X

Banned
You know what, NO ONE has talked about the music yet and seriously dread "doomsday" like music is what MK is known for. What is the music like in this one? So far, I am not impressed with the Fatality music (lack impacts) but how are the stage music sounding? Awesome like MK2, 3 and 4 level of quality? MK9 had some awesome tracks but many were hit and miss.

~Kinggi~

Banned
No code from GMG :( A guy on Reddit says he received a mail saying we won't get codes until tomorrow... I really hope that's not the case.

Edit: Premium edition FWIW.

My page says "no keys for this game' instead of the usual 'no keys until release day.

They ran out of keys i bet. Fuck

patchday

Watching that JWong guy's stream but he's playing xbox one version. I wonder if ps4 version of the netcode any better? Most of the time I play my fighting games offline and I'm not super twitchy like a pro so I may never notice any input lag

I'm surprised they not only brought Kano back, but gave him a faction. Is he anyone's favorite character? Is it like a legacy thing?

They just can't do females that good .. have you seen Tanya ugh

Yeah, haha. I'm noticing that the face itself is not terrible, but the eyes are seriously awful. It ruins her entire look.
They do! On PS4 at least.
I'm on PC :(

I'm so sad about the region lock and the lack of cross-platform play, but I couldn't miss a good-looking entry in a game series I've played since childhood (yes, childhood).

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
You know what, NO ONE has talked about the music yet and seriously dread "doomsday" like music is what MK is known for. What is the music like in this one? So far, I am not impressed with the Fatality music (lack impacts) but how are the stage music sounding? Awesome like MK2, 3 and 4 level of quality? MK9 had some awesome tracks but many were hit and miss.
Music has never really been a high point in MK. Unless you're talking about this.

RM8

My page says "no keys for this game' instead of the usual 'no keys until release day.

They ran out of keys i bet. Fuck
Maaan :( Could this mean we'll wait even more? As in, even after tomorrow?

Why not give the option to pre-load the full game for those of us with crappy internet download speeds? And yes I'm aware the game can be played with just these 3 gigs while the rest downloads and installs.

Grrr...
TmKcRVi.gif
Wow, really!? That's awesome, I bet the rest is for story mode which I don't care about anyway. Yikes, 27GB of freaking story mode, if that's the case.

Maaan :( Could this mean we'll wait even more? As in, even after tomorrow?

Wow, really!? That's awesome, I bet the rest is for story mode which I don't care about anyway. Yikes, 27GB of freaking story mode, if that's the case.

From Steam:
As many Steam community members have noticed, the size of the initial pre-load for Mortal Kombat X is about 3 GB. This is because we are using a new feature of Steam that allows the game to be played while the full download is streamed and installed in the background.

As soon as the game is played for the first time, a batch of DLC content will appear in your download queue. Check the Steam client to see the download progress on DLC items labeled Mortal Kombat X Install Pack 01 through 23.

You’ll be able to play the game while these downloads complete.
Although, I'm not sure if you can really do much with those 3 gigs. "Play" should be taken with a grain of salt.

Almost done with the initial pre-load on Steam. Good thing I work graveyard shift, I'll just leave my computer on and hopefully the rest of the thing downloads before I get home~!

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Does anyone think the Kombat Pack will be worth it?

IMO it's worth it for Carl Weathers Jax and Predator

Full content:
The Ultimate Horror Pack:
Playable character Jason Voorhees
Horror skins Vampiress Mileena, Kraken Reptile and Pharaoh Ermac

The Klassic Pack #1:
Playable character Tanya
Klassic skins for Kano, Sonya and Liu Kang

The Predator / Prey Pack:
Playable character Predator
Predator-themed skins Commando Johnny, Infrared Scorpion and Carl Weathers as Jax

The Klassic Pack #2:
Playable character, Tremor
Klassic skins for Quan Chi, Jax and Kung Lao

Kinsei

Banned
Will any other NA PS4 players (preferably other people that suck like me) be going online when the game unlocks at midnight eastern? If so, do you want to add me? PSN: Kinsei1

Skab

Hm, when does GMG usually send out keys for stuff?

Am I correct in thinking it varies by game, or is there a general time frame for all?

Will any other NA PS4 players (preferably other people that suck like me) be going online when the game unlocks at midnight eastern? If so, do you want to add me? PSN: Kinsei1

I'm not very good at MK even though i played most of them xD will shoot you an add

gunner13

Neo Member
Nghtwolf: "Cool, huh? Its my animality."
watching that movie 20 years later reminded me of The GI Joe Serpentor movie. It was like a 90 minute infomercial for new characters at the Arcade lol.

Either way I'm glad I watched it again. Now I remember who is with who in the lore for the MKX arrival tomorrow. Funny to see Dexter's dad play Raiden. Now I know where he "got the code" to teach Dexter. He taught Dexter all The Fatalities!
Even though he made Raiden look like a bitch

Ninhead

I keep seeing things about the Cold Steel Sub-Zero skin or whatever the hell it is- if I got the digital premium edition, do I get that for free as part of the Kombat Pack?

OmegaDL50

I know this was probably mentioned but I think it's important to mention

As many Steam community members have noticed, the size of the initial pre-load for Mortal Kombat X is about 3 GB. This is because we are using a new feature of Steam that allows the game to be played while the full download is streamed and installed in the background.

As soon as the game is played for the first time, a batch of DLC content will appear in your download queue. Check the Steam client to see the download progress on DLC items labeled Mortal Kombat X Install Pack 01 through 23.

You’ll be able to play the game while these downloads complete.

This is basically like PS4 partial install and play. Such an awesome idea for a PC game.

This is also great for those who are bandwidth constrained, letting them download bits and pieces of the game over time so they don't blow through their entire monthly allotment.

MKX being 30GB or so is a very, very large game, especially so for a fighting game, so the way they handled this streaming while you play thing is a very smart idea.

malfcn

My buddy is supposed to get this for me for my birthday, which is tomorrow.

I don't think I can wait. Should I cave and get it tonight from BBY? Can return or trade in when I get the gift copy..

RM8

Does anyone think the Kombat Pack will be worth it?
In my case, yes, because I got the full thing for $60. I only care about Tanya and the extra costumes, though :p Especially this one:

11098485_866779723363997_248663683_n.jpg

I don't care about Tremor, and I really don't care about the movie characters.

Poona

Any word on the differences between ps4 and xbox one versions? I have both consoles but don't know which copy of the game to get.

Top Bottom