• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Cyros

latest

mario-movie-goomba-mfk98zuu.jpg

BashNasty

Boy, anyone else having huge problems with their PS4 preloading speeds. Mine is crawling along, despite my internet being fine. Crazy annoying.

Poona

PS4 online is region locked and Xbone online isn't.
XBone runs at 900p and PS4 runs at 1080p
Both are 60FPS

Hmm.. ok thanks.

So they both have their advantages and disadvantages (do I want to play vs worldwide or do I want to play with slightly sharper graphics).

BadAss2961

Boy, anyone else having huge problems with their PS4 preloading speeds. Mine is crawling along, despite my internet being fine. Crazy annoying.
You're not running a game, are you? That slows my speed like crazy.

Could just be in my head, but I feel that the PS4 downloads fastest while in rest mode.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
PS4 online is region locked and Xbone online isn't.
Has this been confirmed?

Jeff from Giant Bomb said he doesn't think it is based on playing against a lot of of people that had European accounts with bad pings. Versus today where he had good pings and lots of stores broke street date.
(Which of course is not necessarily proof either way, just a bit strange.)

Tevious

I platinumed Bloodborne just in time to play MKX, can't wait to play the story mode. I should probably watch MK9's story mode on youtube to refresh my memory.

Fraeon

So, questions regarding the mechanics in this:

In MK9, you wanted to end a combo in a standing reset more often than an actual knockdown. Is it the same in this game?

If not, how viable are meaties on knockdown?

OmegaDL50

Any word on the differences between ps4 and xbox one versions? I have both consoles but don't know which copy of the game to get.

XB1 - 900p @ 60fps - no region locked online
PS4 - 1080p @ fps - region locked online.

So it's your choice of being able to play anyone in the world with an XB1 at a lower resolution.

Or be stuck in your region on PS4 and play in a higher res.

It IS a trade off.

OmegaDL50

I have no idea if the PC version is region locked.

So far all of the places selling Steam keys say "Worldwide availability" but that is debatable.

I'd stick to GMG, Amazon, and other reputable etc just to be on the safe side, in the case of getting shafted with a Russian key and being only to play in Russia region.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Just purchased it thru the playstation store. Is the pre-load available already? or when will i be able to download it?
Go to the library and press X on the game and it will show the time when it will unlock and a Download button if the pre-load can be started.

If it can't be started yet there is a checkbox you can select if you would like to pre-load when it is available.

Go to the library and press X on the game and it will show the time when it will unlock and a Download button if the pre-load can be started.

If it can't be started yet there is a checkbox you can select if you would like to pre-load when it is available.

Thank you! Will do so when I'm home :)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, so I didn't even know this was coming to PC and apparently I can get it for £20 from the usual key sites. Has the PC version had any info? Is it a good port? I'm seriously thinking about impulsing buying the shit out of this.#

EDIT: Apparently there's no anti-cheat at all, so people will be free to lag switch and combo macro? Not so sure about buying this now.

zlatko

Banned
I'm really tempted to go to my Gamestop tonight at 10:00PM to pick this up, grind for 2 hours, then hit the hay.

First midnight release I've heard of not being at a midnight hour...

Mask

Found something out. When you're in the Krypt, you can get attacked by various animals and get koins if you succeed at the QTE, but it's random, so no spamming them out for easy koins, but, trying to buy a grave that you don't have enough dosh for, seems to force one of these encounters to spawn. Seemed to work on my game, might be a limit to how many times you can do it.

So, questions regarding the mechanics in this:

In MK9, you wanted to end a combo in a standing reset more often than an actual knockdown. Is it the same in this game?

If not, how viable are meaties on knockdown?

There are still standing resets which can be used in similar ways. (At Fatal8, MIT more or less did the exact same standing resets in MKX as Scorpion had in MK9)

In MKX there are NO MOVES WITH FULL WAKEUP INVINCIBILITY. You can backdash on wakeup, and that has invincibility frames, but it costs stamina. Most (all?) characters have enhanced specials that have armor, suitable for use on wakeup. You can also short delay or long delay your wakeup timings (by holding DOWN for a short or long period of time when you get knocked down).

zogged

Ok people, I really need a hand here. I finally got my for the Premium Edition key off nuuvem and tried to activate it on steam but I keep getting this message.

EOdMv9o.png

Does anyone know how to work around this? Should I just wait until it unlocks or contact steam support?

Edit: Ok, looks like I gotta wait around a bit longer and see if I get a second key for the game itself.

Hmm.. ok thanks.

So they both have their advantages and disadvantages (do I want to play vs worldwide or do I want to play with slightly sharper graphics).

Yeah was in the same boat as you but settled for the xbox version because I enjoy playing and meeting new people from other regions. Sucks cause I really wanted another PS4 game to waste my ps+ on other than bloodborne.

OT:I'm tired of waiting, I just want to play dammit -__-

OmegaDL50

People don't block.

One thing I've learned about the fighting game community and high end players (especially going to NEC yearly)

Is that if a very easy tactic works can be repeated without the other player changing his strategy, then they will abuse this until the opponent learns to get around it.

Yes if Jwong can get away with just spamming a projectile and his opponent refuses to avoid it or block it, then he will fire away all day long.

It's the people that refuse to adapt and learn from their mistakes and cry cheap. well they will learn sooner or later or drop the game completely.

Learning a fighting game may be a time investment have a learning curve, but even games like Dark Souls also are equally punishing if the player simply just rushes head first a careful approach and observation. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result each time.

Frustration and challenging are two different things. I prefer to see it as latter and not the former.

I'd probably lose against someone like Jwong, but I sure as well learn whatever he uses against me and take that loss with the knowledge I gained from it.

Death2494

Ok people, I really need a hand here. I finally got my for the Premium Edition key off nuuvem and tried to activate it on steam but I keep getting this message.

EOdMv9o.png

Does anyone know how to work around this? Should I just wait until it unlocks or contact steam support?

Edit: Ok, looks like I gotta wait around a bit longer and see if I get a second key for the game itself.
I hope to god this is the same kontent you get in the season pass. Otherwise, I'm gonna be pretty pissed. I have it preloading as I'm typing this.

RetroMG

My game has 30 more hours to download. I regret not preordering earlier, (got it today) and lowering my internet package.

Guys does anyone know when the ps4 version will unlock? I am away from my ps4 right now and can't check :(

12pm EST, or in a little less than two hours.

Top Bottom