• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

JackEtc

Trying to finish preloading on PS4 and my download speeds are TERRIBLE, I have no idea why...fuuuuuuu

It's predicting an hour and a half more for the final 5 gigs =\

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Trying to finish preloading on PS4 and my download speeds are TERRIBLE, I have no idea why...fuuuuuuu

It's predicting an hour and a half more for the final 5 gigs =\
If you're not using the PS4 for other things, just put it in rest mode with Internet connectivity enabled.

The PS4 downloads faster when it doesn't assume you're trying to interactively do things on it.

OmegaDL50

You have to unlock Shinnok by beating story mode.

Well that makes tournaments useful I guess.

I remember trying to run a MvC2 tournament years ago on DC and I didn't have a complete save on the VMU, and realizing that like 65% of the entire roster was locked. Thankfully someone had a spare VMU on hand.

But I suppose tournament organizers like EVO being connected the corporate sponsors can probably get full save data directly from Capcom, NetherRealm, etc.

Justin Wong is getting used to the netcode and is now saying it's not bad. I thin kwhats happening is a lot of people are playing like 5 games and freaking out immediately because they are expecting it to be bad.

vg260

Saw on the Xbox stotre: Unlock all Krypt items for the low, low price of $19.99. :/

I hate this stuff in fighting games.

I mean maybe if it were something like $5 it wouldn't seem so bad.

What kind of stuff did they lock up? I'll pass on all the concept art, I just want stuff for characters.

Pudge

Ok people, I really need a hand here. I finally got my for the Premium Edition key off nuuvem and tried to activate it on steam but I keep getting this message.

EOdMv9o.png

Does anyone know how to work around this? Should I just wait until it unlocks or contact steam support?

Edit: Ok, looks like I gotta wait around a bit longer and see if I get a second key for the game itself.

Same thing is happening on my end here. I emailed them about it and haven't received a response, but it doesn't unlock till tomorrow anyway, so I figure that all the keys aren't out yet.

Saw on the Xbox stotre: Unlock all Krypt items for the low, low price of $19.99. :/

What kind of stuff did they lock up? I'll pass on all the concept art, I just want stuff for characters.

Costumes, Brutalities and the code for each guy's second Fatality are all in there.

malfcn

Blue Steel is only $2, not bad..but still crappy.

Play as Blue Steel Sub-Zero. A portion of Blue Steel Sub Zero proceeds will go towards funding the Mortal Kombat X Who’s Next Tournament Prize Pool.

At least it has a purpose though.

Dominator

Just did the first 16 fights of story mode. This game is awesome. Skipped cutscenes cause I'm gonna play it on my own when I get home.

Quick-time events in between some fights threw me off but it's not that intrusive.

Kinsei

Banned

Concept Art
Fatalities
Brutalities
Alternate Costumes (I think)

I don't know why anyone would waste $20 on that since I doubt it will take too long to unlock everything if you regularly play through living towers.

It's predicting an hour and a half more for the final 5 gigs =
Mine are as well, and have been for a while. Even Netflix has an issue with keeping high resolution, while this doesn't happen at all on my Wii U, PC, or Phone. No idea what it could be.

This will be the first MK game over bought since Ultimate back in the day.

vg260

Concept Art
Fatalities
Brutalities
Alternate Costumes (I think)

I don't know why anyone would waste $20 on that since I doubt it will take too long to unlock everything if you regularly play through living towers.

What about easy fatalities? They're selling them for $5 . Are they not unlockable?

Just did the first 16 fights of story mode. This game is awesome. Skipped cutscenes cause I'm gonna play it on my own when I get home.

Quick-time events in between some fights threw me off but it's not that intrusive.

WTF!?!?!?! The game has QTE's???? Please say these are not the insta-fail death kind!!!!

JackEtc

Mine are as well, and have been for a while. Even Netflix has an issue with keeping high resolution, while this doesn't happen at all on my Wii U, PC, or Phone. No idea what it could be.

This will be the first MK game over bought since Ultimate back in the day.

Predicting 11 hours left now.... ;_;

JackEtc

Are you downloading it with the PS4 in "awake" mode? Put it in rest.

I'm not joking. Make sure downloading is enabled in rest mode, and then watch on your router's live bandwidth area.

Tried that, didn't do anything =\

I'm on a college network, so I can't monitor anything. The network is blazing fast though

OmegaDL50

What is this? Like one-button deals or something?

Yeah, apparently you can earn tokens in the game through the Krypt for Easy Fatalities.

I think L2 is fatality 1 and R2 is fatality 2.

Still if the motions are anything like MK9 then this really won't be an issue. since the fatality commands in 9 weren't really difficult.

damn greenmangaming still hasn't sent out keys :(

If you are worried about pre-loading. Don't worry, the games install is apparently like a PS4 partial install.

You get the first 3GB and then after you load up the game the remaining 37GB or so is downloaded in the background, the streamed content unlocking more and more stuff as you play.

Lemstar

Can't confirm if my BBY is doing midnight tonight..
And I wish they would PM the Target deal.
If you're a GCU member, Best Buy's preorder is already better ($48 game + $25 season pass with $10 back, compared to $60 game + $10 season pass). If you're not, you can take advantage of their deal this week (buy MKX with a GCU membership, get a free $15 GC) and have the 20% discount work on MKX by ordering online.

CCaofelVEAAHdhM.png

malfcn

If you're a GCU member, Best Buy's preorder is already better ($48 game + $25 season pass with $10 back, compared to $60 game + $10 season pass). If you're not, you can take advantage of their deal this week (buy MKX with a GCU membership, get a free $15 GC) and have the 20% discount work on MKX by ordering online.

CCaofelVEAAHdhM.png

Oh..I am GCU.
But I would like to double dip. ;)

Top Bottom