• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

pahamrick

I've still got this issue where I can only see the top left portion of the image.

I fixed that by restarting the game a few times after deleting the options.ini file in C:\Users\Username\Roaming\MK10\

Black crush in story scenes still not fixed, either.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Online is so smooth on PC right now, in KOTH with all 2 or 3 bars. I guess the laggers haven't got the patch yet. Hoping I won't crash in KOTH, it was supposed to be fixed. 10 minutes deep so far.

KingDX

Neo Member
When Jason was announced I was really dissapointed but I've been playing him last night and he's fun to play as. I really like his slasher variation and think i will keep using him though i am dissapointed I can't seem to do his x-ray brutality.

Yeah I think slasher will have the best combos and overall be more balanced. So far unstoppable is where the damage is. I put a few day one combos together for his slasher mode.
Not really sure how i feel about his poke strings yet. He has pretty decent frame advantage but bad startup.

Here are the few combos a made for him.

combo 1 -
j. 1
3,2, u.1
netrual j. 1
1,1,throw

combo 2 -
f.4,2
f.4,2
df. 1

combo 3 -
f.4,2
netrual j. 1
f.4,2
3,2,df. 1+block

combo 4 -
3,2, u.1
f.4,2
f.4,2
3,2,df. 1+block

combo 5 -
3,2, u.1
f.4,2
f.4,2
3,2,stance+block (x-ray)

combo 6 (setup for crazy things) -
f.4,2
netrual j. 1
bf. 3+block

Also threw up a video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MssriFIc7V4

Overall not really sure what I think about him as a whole yet. Going to need a bit more fight experience before I can grade him

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
That feeling when you beat the 10 win streak king spammer who teabags when he wins. Yes I bagged him :D

Oh I see, when you refrenced the other thread, I thought it was going to be another "I dont have the natural talent for fighting games" bs that was going on in there

Yeah, I have no doubt I could get good if I shaved a few games off my backlog and devoted that time to MK or fighting games in general, but I probably won't. I'm content with taking my skills from poor to mediocre.

Maining Kotal Kahn, BTW. Just because I don't have lofty goals doesn't mean I'm not willing to learn, of course. I still appreciate any advice the thread has to offer. Mostly been fighting the AI on medium, trying to focus on footsies and basic combos at the moment.

Korezo

First online match or anything on the game and I get a crash.. pc

I see no performance improvements, still stutters on character select and intro and online is still bad as ever.

pahamrick

> Black crush in story scenes still not fixed, either.

FFS.

Yeah. It was hard to tell yesterday as the first few minutes doesn't look that bad, but then you get to the parts where its really bad.

Even more infuriating when you think the movie files themselves are fine when played outside of the game.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
43 minutes in KOTH without crashing, I don't want to jinx it but it seems fixed. Never made it past 12 minutes before the patch. Every match has been lag free as well, so far this has been a dream patch.

Horseress

43 minutes in KOTH without crashing, I don't want to jinx it but it seems fixed. Never made it past 12 minutes before the patch. Every match has been lag free as well, so far this has been a dream patch.

Duuude.... How many different people have you played with?

OmegaDL50

In Jason's Unstoppable and Relentless variations

f+BP / Y / Triangle

Has stun properties when it hits not similar to Scorpion's spear.

Jump in Punch, followed up by f+BP to stun is an excellent combo starter and could probably added to most of the combos you listed that work that isn't a Slasher combo KingDX

Skyzard

Banned
Yeah. It was hard to tell yesterday as the first few minutes doesn't look that bad, but then you get to the parts where its really bad.

Even more infuriating when you think the movie files themselves are fine when played outside of the game.

Mine just finished downloading, checked it out and you're right, still borked.

And yeah I didn't really realise it to start off with (even after reading the comparison review mentioning the complaints), only when it got about 30 minutes in did I start to catch on...something really looks fucked.

Ridiculous.

Still have that shitty bug where it will act like it's exited but still be running in the background taking up resources.

I can try jason at least.

Dr. Buni

Still have that shitty bug where it will act like it's exited but still be running in the background taking up resources.
This bug is the reason I have over 40 hours clocked in the game. I only realize MKX was running for hours in the background when the MKX banner stayed on the top of my steam profile page even though I was playing Rayman Legends.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
That's exciting to hear! Can't wait to get home and try it out

Huge difference for me, one bad game in an hour and he lagged out shortly after so it was him not the game. I can't believe I've been playing KOTH for an hour without crashing. I hope you get the same results.

Edit: Just crashed, lol.

Skyzard

Banned
This bug is the reason I have over 40 hours clocked in the game. I only realize MKX was running for hours in the background when the MKX banner stayed on the top of my steam profile page even though I was playing Rayman Legends.

Tried exiting about 5 or so times now from different sections with ALT+F4 and it doesn't seem to be bringing up that issue.

Although now the single fight loading can take a lot longer than before (I even switched it to SSD yesterday making the bootup time about 99999999% shorter - about 3 seconds instead of way over a minute) - as it now pauses the loading until they start to walk away from each other, which just hangs for a few seconds. Not a huge deal but why. Why. It used to load almost instantly. Now I have to wait for them to temporarily walk away...which can be slow.

It just happened when trying it out again, ffs, guess it's a regular thing. Anyone else?

http://a.pomf.se/aavlit.webm

It used to basically just be the loading from after they walk away - barely a second or so.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
HAHAHAHAAHA that's fantastic

Absolutely gutted, I really thought they'd fixed it. I made it to 60 minutes, my new personal best. The game just closed to desktop but didn't give the usual Nvidia message, but event viewer shows an Nvidia driver crash.

Skyzard

Banned
Managed the test your might last night. Retried about 10 times on the first stage because I didn't know what the flashing inputs meant, once I had it figured out it was easy all the way to the last one...which was insane. Retried so many times on it, only managed to do it by leaving the countdown timer going till the end so it auto-triggers - you still need to have it in the green but you don't need to also press R2 at the same time.

kriskrosbbk

Guys ,I dont really get the tower stuff,just beat the Premier one with Gold and got nothing.
Am I not supposed to get somekind of background at least?

ReBurn

Gold Member
Did the Living Towers get a difficulty bump or something? They get tricky around the fourth or fifth fight now. Damn.

Felt like it to me. I got to match 6 on the MK II tower and was surprised by how everything suddenly ramped up.

Manu

Guys ,I dont really get the tower stuff,just beat the Premier one with Gold and got nothing.
Am I not supposed to get somekind of background at least?

You see your rewards at the end of the last fight, not after the stats screen.

Check your kombat kard, you should get a MK2 kard set.

Felt like it to me. I got to match 6 on the MK II tower and was surprised by how everything suddenly ramped up.

So it wasn't just me then!

Garlador

I've had such a bad time online. Even with a wired connection, there's such a big input latency between my actions and my character's. I barely can fight at all when pressing block or attack suffers nearly a 1 second delay, and by then it's too late.

Out of nearly 100 matches, I've had ZERO with a ping signal higher than "low-to-average". Most were at zero.

Spoiled my mood of curb-stopping rookie Jason players yesterday. Joke was on me. I almost never got a punch in.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
The post patch reaction is very strange. Many people saying the game runs smoother and online is better. Many people saying they're experiencing worse performance, FPS capped at 30fps, new bugs, etc.

MiguelItUp

I played with Jason during my lunch break, loved it. I'm glad he's a lot of fun to play as considering I'm a big fan and was hoping he would be. When I first launched the game after the patch I had that bizarre zoom issue that some people were reporting, however I verified the game's cache and it was fine after that. Though I quickly noticed issues with v-sync, which I never had issues with before the patch. There are more options now so I continued to cycle through them and noticed all kinds of discrepancies. I just turned v-sync off and everything was solid. Here's to hoping my home PC has no problems whatsoever.

The post patch reaction is very strange. Many people saying the game runs smoother and online is better. Many people saying they're experiencing worse performance, FPS capped at 30fps, new bugs, etc.

Don't listen to people who don't understand that they can change the V-Sync options.

Demoskinos

You see your rewards at the end of the last fight, not after the stats screen.

Check your kombat kard, you should get a MK2 kard set.

So it wasn't just me then!

Some of the kombat card stuff is glitches for sure. I did all the QTE's yet my background for doing Sonyas are still locked after redoing the entire story mode again.

The only Test your Might I can't seem to do without using some sort of Turbo or auto-fire shit is the very last one.

Lol yeah thats a bitch. I did it by bending my middle finger and putting the bent joint in between the middle of the face buttons. Then go to town. Almost took the skin off but I did it.

------

Bought the kombat pack. I really like this game and started to win more than lose online. My hopes of getting back into fighting games might actually be happening.

pahamrick

I beat the test your might stuff by putting my finger inside my shirt and rubbing it quickly over all four face buttons, then hitting LT soon as the reticule went green.

If you're not reading the comic you really should be...

VlBqEB4.jpg

ChouGoku

Yeah, I have no doubt I could get good if I shaved a few games off my backlog and devoted that time to MK or fighting games in general, but I probably won't. I'm content with taking my skills from poor to mediocre.

Maining Kotal Kahn, BTW. Just because I don't have lofty goals doesn't mean I'm not willing to learn, of course. I still appreciate any advice the thread has to offer. Mostly been fighting the AI on medium, trying to focus on footsies and basic combos at the moment.

I dont know too much about Kotal Khan, if you want to stay mediocre I'd probably use his sword version. It has a lot of range, zoning others out will probably get you to win against a lot lower skilled players

Top Bottom