• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

bumpkin

Jason's second fatality is kind of lame. It makes no sense why the limbs are just tearing off each time he lifts them back up. All he does is slam them onto the ground, no harder than Jax's multi-slam special move.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Online has gone back to being laggy, all the shitters have finished the patch download :(

Seems like the Console to Mobile unlocks (doing things on the console/pc version to unlock things in the mobile version) are still not working on PC.

Jason's second fatality is kind of lame. It makes no sense why the limbs are just tearing off each time he lifts them back up. All he does is slam them onto the ground, no harder than Jax's multi-slam special move.

I think it might be a homage to the sleeping bag kills he performs in Jason X. Still I agree that's a wasted opportunity.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I hope you know that isn't the reason matches are laggy.

Unfortunately yes, you do lose your stuff.

Yes it is. I was involved with a thread on the Steam forums where everyone with a good, wired connection that had no jitter, loss and low ms added each other and guess what? All perfect games. I even played a guy from Canada with very minimal delay which was better than 90% of games in the EU room. There are just too many people on wireless and rubbish connections, the game works perfectly when both players have rock solid connections. I can gaurantee a smooth experience with anyone who scores an A rating on pingtest.net to my location, even when they're 3500 miles away like the guy from Canada. I played a guy from Sweden and it was like he was sitting next to me.

I'm sure they could compensate for laggers better though.

MiguelItUp

I think it might be a homage to the sleeping bag kills he performs in Jason X. Still I agree that's a wasted opportunity.

I was thinking the same. However, it really is a shame that there is no sleeping bag involved. That would have been absolutely hysterical AND amazing!

But there's three sleeping bag kills. :p None of them are close to that fatality at all.

I'm pretty disappointed with his fatalities, honestly. I especially hate the shoulder charge brutality. Like why? Lol. He could have at least used his throw instead of that.

Demoskinos

But there's three sleeping bag kills. :p None of them are close to that fatality at all.

I'm pretty disappointed with his fatalities, honestly. I especially hate the shoulder charge brutality. Like why? Lol. He could have at least used his throw instead of that.

I dunno man, the way they frame his "Kill for Mother" fatality is PRETTY awesome with the guy looking up and the music stinger playing.

LakeEarth

I agree his second fatality is not good, but the first one is great.

Second fatality should've been a homage to his first Freddy vs Jason kill. Knock the guy down, stab him in the back repeatedly, watch him twitch for a few seconds, then do the back breaker. Way better than Jax's normal throw except for some reasons limbs cleanly fall off.

Dr. Buni

Yes it is. I was involved with a thread on the Steam forums where everyone with a good, wired connection that had no jitter, loss and low ms added each other and guess what? All perfect games. I even played a guy from Canada with very minimal delay which was better than 90% of games in the EU room. There are just too many people on wireless and rubbish connections, the game works perfectly when both players have rock solid connections. I can gaurantee a smooth experience with anyone who scores an A rating on pingtest.net to my location, even when they're 3500 miles away like the guy from Canada. I played a guy from Sweden and it was like he was sitting next to me.

I'm sure they could compensate for laggers better though.
Lol. Okay then.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I think it does a stealth install on top of the standard PS4 install.

Some claim the only way to get Story mode to appear is to play the tutorial, but even after doing that it didn't show up for me until an hour or two after it had "installed."

Just leave it running and hang in there.

The game installs In segments. It allows you to play when not completely installed. As more gets installed more becomes available to play. The first things I think are single fight and possibly training.

Basically just wait.

there's something wrong if he has the disc and it takes "hours" to install. Should be minutes from the disc.

Huh, maybe its having trouble reading the disk then.

Left it running overnight and did a quick check before I left for work, and yeah, it works everything is there. Still, it's no less fucking ridiculous. I don't get much time to actually game at home anymore (like... maybe once every two weeks has been the pattern for the last 3 months), so when a rare opportunity like that arises, it really fucking sucks to get it wasted because of some bullshit overlong install.

I get letting it go an hour or two. But I was waiting wayyyy fucking longer than that with no clue what was going on. This 'stealth install' b.s. helps no one. Give me a meter and tell me where it's at so I'm not wasting my time worrying that the thing fucked up on me, making me uninstall and reinstall it. Wanna say "hey you'll only have access to this and this mode until it reaches completion"? Great. Atleast I know. As is, it's needlessly opaque.

Aske

Some of the kombat card stuff is glitches for sure. I did all the QTE's yet my background for doing Sonyas are still locked after redoing the entire story mode again.

It's not glitched. I had the same issue - I did all the QTEs perfectly on my first run through story mode, but a few unlocks didn't trigger. Discovered upon going back to get the ones I missed that you don't just have to do the QTEs perfectly; you also have to win the subsequent fight on the first try. If you lose, selecting retry and then winning won't trigger the unlock. You need to quit out to chapter select, go back in and do the QTE again, then win the fight. The Perfectionist set that you get for doing all the QTEs and post-QTE fights is great though.

Demoskinos

It's not glitched. I had the same issue - I did all the QTEs perfectly on my first run through story mode, but a few unlocks didn't trigger. Discovered upon going back to get the ones I missed that you don't just have to do the QTEs perfectly; you also have to win the subsequent fight on the first try. If you lose, selecting retry and then winning won't trigger the unlock. You need to quit out to chapter select, go back in and do the QTE again, then win the fight. The Perfectionist set that you get for doing all the QTEs and post-QTE fights is great though.

Oh wow really? Huh. I'll try that then thanks. They don't communicate that AT ALL in the game.

On another note are the multiplayer ladders avalible in the android version of the mobile app yet? I don't see where to do them. I want my Scorpion skin. :(

Quikies83

Come on then smart ass, enlighten us what it really is. If you think I'm lying or wrong, please correct me.
Netcode is already handicapped due to lack of GGPO tech.
ISP routing and backbone have much more to do with it than just leaning on "their wireless sucks".

Come on then smart ass, enlighten us what it really is. If you think I'm lying or wrong, please correct me.

The whole 'smartass' comment is uncalled for. She speaks the truth though. Her, myself, Quikies83 below and I'm sure plenty (most of MKX-GAF) would agree, not just one person.

Sure, a great connection would help out, but that's not going to save you all the time. The netcode for MKX is just bad. It's unstable and gives random connections.

I mean I faced two random players from where I live online, and it wasn't bad but you could notice it. Things just go down as it wants.

Netcode is already handicapped due to lack of GGPO tech.
ISP routing and backbone have much more to do with it than just leaning on "their wireless sucks".

^

Left it running overnight and did a quick check before I left for work, and yeah, it works everything is there. Still, it's no less fucking ridiculous. I don't get much time to actually game at home anymore (like... maybe once every two weeks has been the pattern for the last 3 months), so when a rare opportunity like that arises, it really fucking sucks to get it wasted because of some bullshit overlong install.

I get letting it go an hour or two. But I was waiting wayyyy fucking longer than that with no clue what was going on. This 'stealth install' b.s. helps no one. Give me a meter and tell me where it's at so I'm not wasting my time worrying that the thing fucked up on me, making me uninstall and reinstall it. Wanna say "hey you'll only have access to this and this mode until it reaches completion"? Great. Atleast I know. As is, it's needlessly opaque.

You just need to select the MKX tile, hit the options button -> Information

Stay on that screen and you'll see the file size constantly change, meaning it's still installing.

edit: also, this is pretty much the same for all PS4 games

DR2K

Banned
The way mk handles inputs especially hurts in an online environment. It's playable, but you have to dumb your combos down.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The whole 'smartass' comment is uncalled for. She speaks the truth though. Her, myself, Quikies83 below and I'm sure plenty (most of MKX-GAF) would agree, not just one person.

Sure, a great connection would help out, but that's not going to save you all the time. The netcode for MKX is just bad. It's unstable and gives random connections.

I mean I faced two random players from where I live online, and it wasn't bad but you could notice it. Things just go down as it wants.

^

So was being passive aggressive, but you don't have a problem with her doing that for some reason.

Xeteh

Really frustrated with losing my save. I didn't have everything unlocked but I had earned a fair bit of coins and the thought of having to redo all of that, including unlocking kombat card stuff is just preventing me from wanting to play.

Manu

The way mk handles inputs especially hurts in an online environment. It's playable, but you have to dumb your combos down.

Nah, you just gotta readjust the timing.

See here. The longer 41% combo seemed impossible to pull off online at first, now I can do it maybe 4 out of every 5 tries.

clockpunk

Nobody's done a GAF WBid share yet?

I remember getting the Injustice mobile unlocks being easy as pie thanks to a nice person in the OT.

I'll likely share mine once the Klassic Mileena skin is unlockable. I benefitted from a shared Injustice log-in, so share the wealth, and all that!

So, guys. Thinking with the DLC characters, I have a good feeling that we'll get costumes for them. At least for Jason/Predator.

Also, is there anything that Jason is weak against? I have yet to play him. :<

So was being passive aggressive, but you don't have a problem with her doing that for some reason.

First off; You called her something. That doesn't really compare to her response, because she gave an honest first answer.

Second; I'm not sticking up for her, I'll respond to anybody who leaves some remark to someone. Speaking out my thoughts.

Third; Why are you only responding to that specific thing. Instead of the topic at hand? Choosing to ignore what I had to say about the connection issues. Same with what Quickies replied with.

I'm know I'm not the best when talking about things, I never have the best logical statements, but I try.

---------------

See here. The longer 41% combo seemed impossible to pull off online at first, now I can do it maybe 4 out of every 5 tries.

Manu! You're on PS4, right?
I try my best to remember what everyone plays on.

I want to play against your Ermac sometime.

Garlador

Doesn't work for me. The input lag with me is so severe, I can't even pull off basic moves like block or special moves more than 50% of the time.

I can do 40% and up combos flawlessly offline. I struggle to do BASIC one-button moves online. I feel like I have a broken copy, because it feels like nobody else's input delay is as severe as mine.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So, guys. Thinking with the DLC characters, I have a good feeling that we'll get costumes for them. At least for Jason/Predator.

Also, is there anything that Jason is weak against? I have yet to play him. :<

I'm know I'm the best when talking about things, I never have the best logical statements, but I try.

Actually I didn't call her anything until her passive aggressive comment, I was just commenting on my experience online, is that not allowed?

patchday

Man, grinding through the MK X mobile app trying to get some of the cool costumes is boring as all hell. D:

Yeah I cringed when I heard Ed Boon tell Angry Joe in an interview thats the only way to unlock some outfits. I thought to myself, "well this sucks that is content I'll never get to experience then cause I don't play mobile games"

I would trick my 8yr old son into grinding the outfits but I have the awful feeling the mobile version will be way too mature for him. :(

[edit] for clarity, the only gore he ever sees is Minecraft is as far as it goes. So I'm screwed...

Actually I didn't call her anything until her passive aggressive comment, I was just commenting on my experience online, is that not allowed?

Never did I say that it wasn't allowed, nor what I was even talking about.

I can understand everything you said, but you specifically said "Yes it is." at the very beginning of your response. Stating it as fact. That's how that comes across.

But yeah, I don't want to keep this going on the thread. Because it's not even going to what the topic was about anymore. You could PM if you want.

I just don't want to clutter things up here.

Have you guys seen the elders react to MKX fatalities? Lmao

https://youtu.be/ShL2_j8-q74

Yessss. I loved that one guy who would still play game. He's the best, haha.

patchday

That would actually be amazing, cause this grind is pretty brutal and not really fun. ;(

Ah I bet the cell phone game has microtransactions. They probably want to bore you to death so you'll buy the outfits I'm guessing? Can you check to see was there a way you could've purchased triple xp credits or something like that?

I wouldn't mind an Injustice Scorpian

Funny thing is when I was playing Injustice, Scorp was the only character I refused to pay for.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Never did I say that it wasn't allowed, nor what I was even talking about.

I can understand everything you said, but you specifically said "Yes it is." at the very beginning of your response. Stating it as fact. That's how that comes across.

But yeah, I don't want to keep this going on the thread. Because it's not even going to what the topic was about anymore. You could PM if you want.

I just don't want to clutter things up here.

Yessss. I loved that one guy who would still play game. He's the best, haha.

She basically said no it's not, I said yes it is, how is one worse than the other? Both are stating opinion as fact. Either way, she didn't have to become snide for no reason, then I wouldn't have called her a smart ass. And if you didn't want to clutter the thread you shouldn't have come to her rescue, when she was the one who turned it nasty in the first place.

Xeteh

Hey, I got my save back. Sorta. Its my save from May 1st. Found something on reddit from /u/DKoala.

If you have lost your save file, here is what you can do to try and recover some progress. It worked for me during a previous wipe.
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\x\307780\remote\user
Where x above is a random number. Doing a search for 307780 in your userdata folder may be more convenient.
Right click and enter the Properties of the file MK10PSET
Go to the Previous Versions tab. If none are found, I'm sorry but this method will not help.
If there are some previous version found, copy the latest previous version to another folder.
Take a copy of the current MK10PSET file and place it somewhere safe (always keep a backup of everything)
Overwrite the MK10PSET file with the recovered previous version
When I did this last, I went back a few days and lost some progress, including the extra Faction Kill from winning the faction war last week, but it did restore all unlocked costumes etc.

I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere in the thread but I figured it wouldn't hurt to repeat it. It helped me out!

BizzyBum

I've had it with this game.

I feel like it just boils down to 50/50 guessing on lows/overheads.

Didn't block that extremely fast overhead? Oh well, eat a 30%-40% combo for your trouble or be forced to spend 2 bars to break it.

Shaanyboi

Banned
You just need to select the MKX tile, hit the options button -> Information

Stay on that screen and you'll see the file size constantly change, meaning it's still installing.

edit: also, this is pretty much the same for all PS4 games

but like... you see the issue with that, right? That's not information that should need to be derived from staring at a separate screen like that... I don't wanna shit up this thread, it's not something relegated to just MKX, but moreso a larger issue with the PS4 (no idea how the X1 handles it), but still, it's super lame and unnecessary to hide that information.

KingDX

Neo Member
In Jason's Unstoppable and Relentless variations

f+BP / Y / Triangle

Has stun properties when it hits not similar to Scorpion's spear.

Jump in Punch, followed up by f+BP to stun is an excellent combo starter and could probably added to most of the combos you listed that work that isn't a Slasher combo KingDX

Man I need to try that out. Thanks for the tip.

Frogstep

Ah I bet the cell phone game has microtransactions. They probably want to bore you to death so you'll buy the outfits I'm guessing? Can you check to see was there a way you could've purchased triple xp credits or something like that?

I wouldn't mind an Injustice Scorpian

Funny thing is when I was playing Injustice, Scorp was the only character I refused to pay for.

I think the only thing you can buy with real money is more Koins and Souls which can then be used to buy like Kard packs and stuff. There is a card that you can get in one of the packs that will give you a free level, but it's random.

I just wanna get Injustice Scorpion and Klassic Kitana and eventually Milenna, who can't be unlocked yet. D:

Top Bottom