• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

@Troubled Bat: Thanks for backing me up on the last page! :)

Of course, it's no biggie. :D

OPPq979.jpg

Oh, nice! This excited for possible future patches. I wonder how the brutality will be, haha.

Having more issues with this patch than ever before.

Please Send Help.

*sends help*

People who play Inferno Scorpion online with the input lag and do the same teleport combo over and over can go f*ck themselves.

I honestly have yet to play Inferno Scorpion. I've played all the other variations online. Still need to go through the possible rage. Lol

what the heck! Just got a chance to logon to find out White Lotus beat us again (I'm in Lin Kuei). This time I actually put in work too and contributed 1,000 WP

We won again? Whoooo! I need to find out what that Faction Kill is like for White Lotus.

Quan-Chi went from being a nobody in MK9 to tourney character in X.

And it makes me sad. I was hoping to be one those people that uses a character you rarely see. D:

I find Kung Jin and Erron Black kind of boring to watch in these tournies. Just me?

I find Kung Jin pretty boring, because it's the same stuff all the time and with the same variation as well. I get somewhat entertained with Erron.

That brutality works better in other two variations, because he punches their head off. It's a reference to a kill he does in part VIII.

Oh, I know of the refrence. It honestly slipped my mind. I forgot that in the other variations that it isn't a shoulder charge, instead it's a charge punch. I actually appreciate that a lot more now. ^^

vg260

Anyone trying to get that hot shot Johnny Cage skin that requires a 10 survival koth win streak?

Apparently you can't do private matches for it, but you can create a room and if friends join, just help each other that way. Has anyone tried this? I can't makes sense of the lobby system at all to figure out how to set this up. I was hoping some others here might be up for helping each other out. Anyone interested?

Anyone trying to get that hot shot Johnny Cage skin that requires a 10 survival koth win streak?

Apparently you can't do private matches for it, but you can create a room and if friends join, just help each other that way. Has anyone tried this? I can't makes sense of the lobby system at all to figure out how to set this up. I was hoping some others here might be up for helping each other out. Anyone interested?

I'm down depending on what you're on.

zogged

Well, 15 gigs later and the spider switches still don't work for me. Can anyone on the pc version even get them going? It's literally the only thing stopping my krypt progress, there are so many fatalities, brutalities and costumes that this damn bug has locked me out of.

I'd be down, but I don't have access right now to MKX. >.< I really need that Hot Shot Johnny skin.

Gleethor

I'd be down.

Tried Survivor KOTH for the faction challenges, and I thought it was a pretty neat mode. One round, current king get health bonuses based on certain tasks should they survive. Winner is stuck using the character they won with until they lose. And I actually won 3 matches. So that's one trophy acquired lol

I think he's the most entertaining player in MKX, what exactly makes you think his insane rushdown game is boring?

It's boring in the sense he uses one or two mix ups to follow into the same 35%+ combo.

Not his fault as it works, but I'm someone who prefers watching a player who has a great all-round play style (zoning, rush-down, grappling).

When it works the game is awesome, actually hated Jason at first... now that I know how to use him properly (matching the way I tend to play) he is a beast :-D. Also mucking around with Shinnok, I love the way he goes about it.

stephen08

Any advice for how to deal with Full Auto Jacqui spam when playing as Cassie? I know I can just crouch to avoid the shots and block the rockets but I can't figure out a good way of getting closer to break the positioning. If I jump the volley is still onscreen and I fall back and if I try to return fire it results in a simultaneous hit.

4sRDr0v.gif

Poor Blanche, she just can't catch a break.

You seems to be a capable Ermac user. Are their any of his three variations that is clearly better than the others? I picked Mystic due to the added range on his tele grabs and havent even tried the others yet. I really do like how this one feels though.

New patch broke my game. I launch the game and I get a splash screen I never got before and then nothing. Couldn't I just get Jason? Damn it, fuck.

Manu

You seems to be a capable Ermac user. Are their any of his three variations that is clearly better than the others? I picked Mystic due to the added range on his tele grabs and havent even tried the others yet. I really do like how this one feels though.

Master of Souls by far. With Mystic it's hard to get combos to do even 30%, while with MoS you can do up to 37% without using bar, and over 40% with it.

NEO0MJ

Damn it, I lost at match 15 of survival, and was so close to winning it.

Master of Souls by far. With Mystic it's hard to get combos to do even 30%, while with MoS you can do up to 37% without using bar, and over 40% with it.

Wow. I was using mystic because it played closest to MK9 Ermac who was my main. I did notice that damage output was lower, though.

Manu

Wow. I was using mystic because it played closest to MK9 Ermac who was my main. I did notice that damage output was lower, though.

This was one of my first posts in this thread:

That's Master of Souls. So far it's my favorite variation. And it's strange because when Ermac was revealed I thought I'd be playing Mystic all the way since it's the variation that reminds me of MK9 the most, but I'm finding myself using Master of Souls a lot more and getting better results with it.

So I know that feel bro.

vg260

I'm down depending on what you're on.

I'd be down, but I don't have access right now to MKX. >.< I really need that Hot Shot Johnny skin.

I'd be down.

I'm on Xbox and PS4. I got it on PS4 last night shortly after posting. Found where someone created a room for it, so me and someone else took turns doing the streak. Only thing is it's weird setting it up once you make a room. You can title it something specific so people know where to hop in, but you have to make at least 3 slots, so someone random came in and almost messed it up twice. I'm not sure if only people in that room can join in or they can get pulled from elsewhere. As long as the three people in the session are aware of what's going on it's fairly quick.

I need to unlock it myself on Xbox, but I'd be fine being a punching bag for one or two people on PS4 again. I'm terrible at organizing this kind of thing though. I could try this evening or another one in the next few days if someone wanted to try. Maybe pm and if we do get a room up just post then? I dunno. I don't want to junk up the thread. My internet has been flaky though.

d3vnull

Can somebody please explain how the mobile app account sharing unlocks the costumes on my PC version?

I live in Germany and the game is not available for my Android device.

If someone shares his unlocked account with me, do I just log in on my PC version and the costumes are unlocked?

Spuck-uk

Banned
It's boring in the sense he uses one or two mix ups to follow into the same 35%+ combo.

Not his fault as it works, but I'm someone who prefers watching a player who has a great all-round play style (zoning, rush-down, grappling).

SonicFox has a tremendously good neutral game, and his character really can't zone.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Any advice for how to deal with Full Auto Jacqui spam when playing as Cassie? I know I can just crouch to avoid the shots and block the rockets but I can't figure out a good way of getting closer to break the positioning. If I jump the volley is still onscreen and I fall back and if I try to return fire it results in a simultaneous hit.

Crouch without blocking, then run after the bullets pass overhead to close distance. Don't try to fight her or anyone else at range using Cassie

Aske

I'll likely share mine once the Klassic Mileena skin is unlockable. I benefitted from a shared Injustice log-in, so share the wealth, and all that!

You are the greatest human. I tried with the mobile game, I really did. But it's just so boring! I don't know why they'd keep something as valuable as costumes locked up in there with no way to just buy them via the console stores.

KorrZ

Slasher Jason is pretty fun to play with, I only played about 5 matches with him but won every match easily cause people don't know wtf.

His damage output is insane though. I can do over 25% damage with 6 buttons...

F Circle Triangle -> B F Triangle is instant 25% damage alone lol. If I actually knew how to do any real combos he'd be insane.

Demoskinos

Slasher Jason is pretty fun to play with, I only played about 5 matches with him but won every match easily cause people don't know wtf.

His damage output is insane though. I can do over 25% damage with 6 buttons...

F Circle Triangle -> B F Triangle is instant 25% damage alone lol. If I actually knew how to do any real combos he'd be insane.

Do the first string twice + X-Ray and congrats on your 50% damage.

Demoskinos

Got a 56% combo with Jason in Unstoppable with pretty minimal execution. Now granted this costs 3 bars for the X-ray finish and the damage buff to be up but still...56%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUsZvbkNhzE

I might have to try some Unstoppable online. I know everyone is going slasher but real talk I wouldn't sleep on Jason's other variations. People are calling them shit right now but I think that is just because people haven't figured out how to properly use them yet. Slasher is easily the most straight forward. I think we'll see some more Unstoppable and Relentless in the future.

Zomba13

So the PC seems ok on my end. Even helped the online (or I just got lucky). Sadly it breaks the costume unlock .ini swap so we'll need to wait for someone to update it. Can still swap the button icons from xbox to playstation so that's nice.

Got a 56% combo with Jason in Unstoppable with pretty minimal execution. Now granted this costs 3 bars for the X-ray finish and the damage buff to be up but still...56%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUsZvbkNhzE

I might have to try some Unstoppable online. I know everyone is going slasher but real talk I wouldn't sleep on Jason's other variations. People are calling them shit right now but I think that is just because people haven't figured out how to properly use them yet. Slasher is easily the most straight forward. I think we'll see some more Unstoppable and Relentless in the future.

But but quan chi 1 bar 55%

Top Bottom