• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
So the PC seems ok on my end. Even helped the online (or I just got lucky). Sadly it breaks the costume unlock .ini swap so we'll need to wait for someone to update it. Can still swap the button icons from xbox to playstation so that's nice.

last night was good for me, too. Problem was I was using a Qanba for the first time. A total mindfuck going to that from a 360 pad, lol.

I still crashed to the desktop after 30-40 minutes of straight play. I suspect its the memory overflow issue at work.

I personally think rushdown game is boring to watch :p

Straight to the heart. I'm all about rushdown. ;__;

Edit: Oh, you said watch.

I'm terrible at organizing this kind of thing though. I could try this evening or another one in the next few days if someone wanted to try. Maybe pm and if we do get a room up just post then? I dunno. I don't want to junk up the thread. My internet has been flaky though.

I'll see if I'll be able to play today, I really need that outfit. I actually almost got it last week from a little kid who was playing. But another player joined in and it was laggy as hell, so I lost. :c

Dr. Buni

Straight to the heart. I'm all about rushdown. ;__;

Edit: Oh, you said watch.
Watch and play, actually. Nothing against rushdown characters though, I just can't play them very well (maybe I just didn't put enough time into learning a rushdown char). I am more into grapplers (to this day I am still sad there are no true grapplers in Smash) and zoners.

Watch and play, actually. Nothing against rushdown characters though, I just can't play them very well (maybe I just didn't put enough time into learning a rushdown char). I am more into grapplers (to this day I am still sad there are no true grapplers in Smash) and zoners.

Oh, well in that case.. STRAIGHT TO THE HEART.

Probably just doesn't fit your style? I always like to go in, or anybody who happens to be a speedy character.
I've actually noticed your interest in grapplers, any particular reason why? :V I remember when somebody argued that
Ice Climbers
were grapplers. Lol.

Zoners are my enemies. I can't stand them. Only because I never know what to do to approach. :l

Manu

Zoners are my enemies. I can't stand them. Only because I never know what to do to approach. :l

Characters with teleports are your best friends against zoners.

I like using Kenshi (Posessed variation) against them since he just teleports right over their heads.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Is MKX going to be hot at Evo? It's like the same people from the launch tournament are the only people showing up. I am shocked no other FGC player won. I've never heard of the Sonicfox player. He's like 17. LOL.

Every gen probably gets its pro.. he'll have his competition in the matter of years. That sounds horrible doesn't it? I remember when Evo was talked about at arcades instead of the internet. Now a days it just feels like it's only going to get young players.

I don't care. I'll stick to playing it on a nice TV and ignoring the young heads of gaming.

Lothars

Is MKX going to be hot at Evo? It's like the same people from the launch tournament are the only people showing up. I am shocked no other FGC player won. I've never heard of the Sonicfox player. He's like 17. LOL.

Every gen probably gets its pro.. he'll have his competition in the matter of years. That sounds horrible doesn't it? I remember when Evo was talked about at arcades instead of the internet. Now a days it just feels like it's only going to get young players.

I would suspect it will do okay because of the money warner bros is throwing at it for EVO but will it have lasting appeal, Im wary of that.

So dumb question-

What are the chances that a complete version comes out down the line? All DLC, all costumes/fatalities?

What I'm mildly worried about is having to get the mobile app and do factions with bad connections forever in order to get anything neat.

I don't care. I'll stick to playing it on a nice TV and ignoring the young heads of gaming.

Sonic Fox is the EVO 2014 Injustice champion. He has also won numerous other Injustice and MK9 majors. It's no surprise he is doing well in MKX.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Sonic Fox is the EVO 2014 Injustice champion. He has also won numerous other Injustice and MK9 majors. It's no surprise he is doing well in MKX.

Was MK and Injustice on another stream? I watch Marvel and Street Fighter. I thought Perfect Legend won. Of course they're on another stream.

It just reminds me when I was that age and MLG players were my age with Halo.

Demoskinos

Its only been at one Major so far the reason the same people are showing up is because the ESL stuff is a mostly online tournament season. A lot of people aren't into online tournaments. With Combo Breaker and CEO coming up MKX will get a bit more attention from a wider array of people.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Its only been at one Major so far the reason the same people are showing up is because the ESL stuff is a mostly online tournament season. A lot of people aren't into online tournaments. With Combo Breaker and CEO coming up MKX will get a bit more attention from a wider array of people.

I wonder who all will participate at EVO. I wonder which Marvel and SF players are playing MKX.

Dr. Buni

Oh, well in that case.. STRAIGHT TO THE HEART.

Probably just doesn't fit your style? I always like to go in, or anybody who happens to be a speedy character.
I've actually noticed your interest in grapplers, any particular reason why? :V I remember when somebody argued that
Ice Climbers
were grapplers. Lol.

Maybe. I always lean towards grapplers and zoners/shotos in fighting games, it just feels natural. When I pick a rushdown character, it feels like I have two left hands. Lol.

There are two things I love about grapplers: They are usually not heavy on combos (I can't combo to save my life in SF/KOF/etc) and they annoy the hell out of people. Back in the 00s when I played KOF 98 in arcades, I remember people being seriously angry over my Clark (and I remember being annoyed at a friend's Goro Daimon as well). As for Ice Climbers, yeah right lol. It is sad that the closest we had of a true grappler in Smash was a glitched character. Although to be honest with you, I have no idea how they would implement a true grappler in Smash Bros. Oh and also wish there were more grapplers that aren't huge ass muscular men (I love Hugo, though)

Why is that you like rushdowns so much?

The funny thing is that I can't stand zoners either (fighting against them is hell). For zoners, people who can block/duck and move with efficiency are the worst hell. Once you learn how to deal with the zoning, things get a lot simpler. I'd say grapplers are a lot more annoying because even if you know how to deal with them, the tiniest mistake can be lethal.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So they're giving out the full Krpyt unlock DLC for free on PC as compensation for wiping everyone's saves. I just got it now, and I didn't even lose my save.

zlatko

Banned
So they're giving out the full Krpyt unlock DLC for free on PC as compensation for wiping everyone's saves. I just got it now, and I didn't even lose my save.

Ed Boon to the rescue.

I respect this choice. However...fix the PC version more for everyone lol. This wasn't what Ed Boon was touting it was going to be.

I'm glad I have PS4 version, but I'd be salty as shit if I had PC version...albeit less salty now thanks to that token.

That's cool. Didn't get anything for their bug that wiped mine on ps4 >.>

They may as well give it away on PC. The community would have figured out how to do it anyway.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Ed Boon to the rescue.

I respect this choice. However...fix the PC version more for everyone lol. This wasn't what Ed Boon was touting it was going to be.

I'm glad I have PS4 version, but I'd be salty as shit if I had PC version...albeit less salty now thanks to that token.

PC version is getting there. If they fix the KOTH crash to desktop and ping bars not working I won't have anything major to complain about, then it'll just be online improvements.

So what's the deal with the 3 skins that got added via a patch but not unlocked yet? It was Revolution Kano/Sonya and Tundra Sub-Zero. Wonder if they're unlocked one by one when the next 3 patches hit for the dlc guys.

Zomba13

Eh, I already unlocked everything in the crypt with Cheat Engine. I mean, it's cool for the people who lost saves and stuff.

So what's the deal with the 3 skins that got added via a patch but not unlocked yet? It was Revolution Kano/Sonya and Tundra Sub-Zero. Wonder if they're unlocked one by one when the next 3 patches hit for the dlc guys.

Probably the next costume DLC. They are giving a preview of the next 3 costumes. Dunno if they did that with the Horror pack because PC was 2 or 3 patches behind the consoles before we got Jason.

zlatko

Banned
So far the costume DLC has been severely lacking imo.

The only one I dig is Kitana's alt.

The new Reptile one is hot steaming shit imo. :/

Zomba13

I like it. Not as in a costume for Reptile, I prefer his more "man" costumes over the "reptile" ones. I do like the costume though. Very "Creature from the Black Lagoon". I like it. Ermacs Pharo costume is shit though. I know what they were going for but again, I prefer him more "robed magician" than "bag of souls falling apart".

pahamrick

Just had this pop up on Steam when I exited MK10.

64StVr3.png

Xevren

That Reptile costume is so bad, especially the alt color for it. I kinda like his bone armor but would really like a sweet alt but doubt it will happen.

Garlador

That Reptile costume is so bad, especially the alt color for it. I kinda like his bone armor but would really like a sweet alt but doubt it will happen.

I'm not sure what happened with Reptile. The concept art for him had so many great designs...
Screen-Shot-2015-02-12-at-2.16.38-PM-747x309.png

I think the designs they went with were the most boring. Still a fun character to play as, though.

Xevren

Oh man I totally agree, I was so sad after seeing the concept art. I'd love a lot of those in that pic you posted =/

We had this happen in mk9 too, they had some amazing concept art come out of it. Pretty sure Moon is still rocking the best one as his avatar.

Hadoukie

So since my save didn't get wiped, I don't get the full krypt unlock, yet I STILL can't get through the door with the fucking levers. This is some bullshit right here.

Characters with teleports are your best friends against zoners.

I like using Kenshi (Posessed variation) against them since he just teleports right over their heads.

Well, I meant from the characters that I actually use. :p I never know what to actually go for when I don't have teleports/fireballs. Etc. Since I usually, not always, choose a character who doesn't have such things at their disposal.

Yessssss, Dark Emperor Kang is mine.

Feels good, doesn't it?

Maybe. I always lean towards grapplers and zoners/shotos in fighting games, it just feels natural. When I pick a rushdown character, it feels like I have two left hands. Lol.

There are two things I love about grapplers: They are usually not heavy on combos (I can't combo to save my life in SF/KOF/etc) and they annoy the hell out of people. Back in the 00s when I played KOF 98 in arcades, I remember people being seriously angry over my Clark (and I remember being annoyed at a friend's Goro Daimon as well). As for Ice Climbers, yeah right lol. It is sad that the closest we had of a true grappler in Smash was a glitched character. Although to be honest with you, I have no idea how they would implement a true grappler in Smash Bros. I just wish there were more grapplers that aren't huge ass muscular men (I love Hugo, though)

Why is that you like rushdowns so much?

The funny thing is that I can't stand zoners either (fighting against them is hell). For zoners, people who can block/duck and move with efficiency are the worst hell. Once you learn how to deal with the zoning, things get a lot simpler. I'd say grapplers are a lot more annoying because even if you know how to deal with them, the tiniest mistake can be lethal.

I understand what you mean with the whole natural feel. I usually get that for characters with long reach. Ex: Whip (KOF), Ghost Rider (UMvC3), Kan-Ra (KI) As for the two left hands comment, I'm curious to know how that looks for you. Lol.

That's a fair enough answer, haha. It's funny because I know people who hate having to perform combos, but they won't choose a grappler. Because they're 'boring' or whatnot. I'm sure everyone dreads a grappler because of the usual high damage. It can be pretty annoying. :p
Nice! The arcade life. I'm guessing you played quite a lot from then? I actually don't have much experience with KOF considering my only experience was from arcade machines out of state. Never truly owned it.
I wouldn't know what they could possibly do either.. I'm not too creative on that front. But yeah, I agree with you on the whole muscular men comment! I really don't understand why that needs to be a thing. Plus the lack of female grapplers as well.

The reason why I like rushdown so much, is because truthfully, I'm not very defensive at all. No matter what I'll always be aggressive even if I'm a grappler/zoner character. I will always be in your face, making the opponent fall under pressure from just staying on them giving no room for any action. This is what actually causes my friends to annoyed and not want to go against me. :<

Although I have been leaning towards more grapplers lately. Specifically characters like Abel/Alex from SF.

Fighting against them is hell.. It makes you think about what you need to do get over safely to an opponent, but then thinking it for too long could end up causing harm as well. I don't think I could ever learn, I get too annoyed in the match to messes me up. I actually enjoy going against grapplers because I feel for my safety. But it's a nice rush, if that makes sense. Lol

How do you get it?

In fact, is there a list of ways to get all of the alternate costumes?

Dark Emperor Liu Kang - Complete 10 Tower Challenges

Revenant Liu Kang - 25 wins in ranked

Hot Shot Johnny - 10 Win Streak in KOTH

Revenant Jax - 15 Flawless Victories in a row (Can do this in Kustom Kombat)

Revenant Kung Lao - Get 25-30 wins total in KOTH

Revenant Sub-Zero - Complete Test Your Might

Kahnum Mileena - 15 wins in Endless

Dark Empress Kitana - Reach gold 5 times in the living towers

Revenant Kitana - Give 250 respect points on KOTH

I have to disagree. I actually love some of these outfits. I especially enjoy Reptile's "Creature From The Black Lagoon" outfit.

Just had this pop up on Steam when I exited MK10.

64StVr3.png

Nice, full krypt unlock? I wish I had it.. Such a long process for completion.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently it's not for everyone, only the people who played the bugged patch which wiped the save files, luckily for me I had a backup, so when I lost my file I restored it, and I still received the free DLC.

Marvel

could never
Yeah it does, Bat! slick skin, probably my favourite in the game.

How do you get it?

In fact, is there a list of ways to get all of the alternate costumes?
I got him by doing ten challenge towers in a row with kang. To your other question I'm not sure, probably.

Ugh, first time playing after the supposed fixed update and apparently it didn't delete any of my data, but it locked back ALL of the kostumes and dlc what the hell. The kostumes even show up as unlocked in the character viewer, but in the character select I can't choose any of them or Shinnok or Goro :|

Hopefully it's just because something weird happened by starting it in offline mode since my college internet blocks Steam but wtf

Demoskinos

Perfect Legend just sent this out to his Twitch Subs. Man, dude is salty. You wanna know why Max and Justin the others get more viewers? Because they are more entertaining. Like just the other night Max had an entire skits that he filmed with people dressed up as Jason. It was great. This whole letter just makes him sound bitter. And to be honest makes me lose respect for him.

CEbRjh0UgAAHx3v.png

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
He sounds like a jelous, little bitch. I don't watch Justin Wong as I find him very annoying but Tru3 seems like a genuinely nice guy and he's a good player which is why I watch him. Perfect Legend might be a better player but he doesn't have the whole package that makes a good streamer.

He sounds like a jelous, little bitch. I don't watch Justin Wong as I find him very annoying but Tru3 seems like a genuinely nice guy and he's a good player which is why I watch him. Perfect Legend might be a better player but he doesn't have the whole package that makes a good streamer.

Yeah, that's pretty much what it sounds like lol. "Why do people like donating to nice people who genuinely appreciate it? I'm better at Mortal Kombat!"

Top Bottom