• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Gumbie

Perfect Legend just sent this out to his Twitch Subs. Man, dude is salty. You wanna know why Max and Justin the others get more viewers? Because they are more entertaining. Like just the other night Max had an entire skits that he filmed with people dressed up as Jason. It was great. This whole letter just makes him sound bitter. And to be honest makes me lose respect for him.

CEbRjh0UgAAHx3v.png

iAikaakkOzQFP.gif

NastyBook

My sister and I have just downloaded the Kombat Pack, and it's not installing for either of our accounts on PSN. Anybody else having this problem?

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Incredible. Jwong and tru3 are ENTERTAINING. In tru3's case, he's not even holding himself out there as some sort of expert. He's moving on to witcher 3 when it's coming out. Jwong is entertaining because OH SHIT!!!

Demoskinos

My sister and I have just downloaded the Kombat Pack, and it's not installing for either of our accounts on PSN. Anybody else having this problem?

You have to actually download Jason and the skin packs seprately. Buying the kombat pack just flags the associated DLC content on the PSN store as "FREE" for you.

Perfect Legend just sent this out to his Twitch Subs. Man, dude is salty. You wanna know why Max and Justin the others get more viewers? Because they are more entertaining. Like just the other night Max had an entire skits that he filmed with people dressed up as Jason. It was great. This whole letter just makes him sound bitter. And to be honest makes me lose respect for him.

CEbRjh0UgAAHx3v.png

Omg this is so good. Carl just screwed himself hard

lol, the past two people have quit on me after the win screen in Ranked after I just beat them with a punch with Johnny. They're saltier than Perfect Legend. Well... close to it.

At least he apologized?

----------------------
Misunderstood
First and foremost I want to apologize for how that message came off as the way you read it isn’t the intentions I had in my mind when I sent it off.

The people I mentioned I have nothing but respect for them and what they do in their avenues.

I see how it could be taken the wrong way. The people I mentioned are the top guys in different aspects. Either being the best players, streamers or best content producers. Not at all jealous of any one of them as a matter of fact I look up to them as means of improving as well as friendly competition among peers. That was my intention but I understand it came off wrong and again I apologize. It may seem that I am “hating” or I am “salty but I’m not. I’m grown enough to apologize for it.

The whole gist of the message was to inform them that I let a lot of things distract me and I want to focus more on the competition at events and that’s basically what I wanted to say in a nutshell.

I want to get back to being a very fierce competitor and I am having a hard time juggling back and forth and I am at my best as a competitor.

Best Regards,

Carl

At least he apologized?

----------------------
Misunderstood
First and foremost I want to apologize for how that message came off as the way you read it isn’t the intentions I had in my mind when I sent it off.

The people I mentioned I have nothing but respect for them and what they do in their avenues.

I see how it could be taken the wrong way. The people I mentioned are the top guys in different aspects. Either being the best players, streamers or best content producers. Not at all jealous of any one of them as a matter of fact I look up to them as means of improving as well as friendly competition among peers. That was my intention but I understand it came off wrong and again I apologize. It may seem that I am “hating” or I am “salty but I’m not. I’m grown enough to apologize for it.

The whole gist of the message was to inform them that I let a lot of things distract me and I want to focus more on the competition at events and that’s basically what I wanted to say in a nutshell.

I want to get back to being a very fierce competitor and I am having a hard time juggling back and forth and I am at my best as a competitor.

Best Regards,

Carl
This is the worst apology lol. So he's not sorry, he's sorry for how we misinterpreted him lol.

"I'm sorry you got offended. I did nothing wrong but you thought I did. If you think about it, it's actually your fault for taking offense from it. I'm grown up enough to admit you misunderstood me.
Best Regards,
Carl"

ldcommando

Banned
Best mkx streamer is that netotigr guy:
"combo, got´em, combo, got´em, combo, got´em, stanky leg, stanky leg, stanky leg, sweep, remix, and we dance, and chat cries"

that shit slays me

I'm waiting for a Freddy Krueger announcement for MKX aswell.

Freddy vs Jason... would be huge.

I wouldn't mind him coming back. Especially for the dialogue (If it's Englund)

Misunderstood

Sorry, but that was intentional. Especially with what was said.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
There's no room for interpretation when you say the popularity of some of the top streamers sickens you

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
There's no room for interpretation when you say the popularity of some of the top streamers sickens you

He should have just said "I'm sorry, I was angry and I said some stupid shit I don't actually believe".

NastyBook

Best mkx streamer is that netotigr guy:
"combo, got´em, combo, got´em, combo, got´em, stanky leg, stanky leg, stanky leg, sweep, remix, and we dance, and chat cries"

that shit slays me
combo the viewer, combo the viewer, combo the viewer, combo the viewer-he won't block! combo the viewer, HE WON'T EVOLVE!

valeo

tbh actually feel a bit sorry for Perfect Legend; it's basically become 'stream 24/7 or become irrelevant in the pro gaming scene'. Dude just wants to play, not answer 10000 dumb questions every day. That's fine.

Demoskinos

Exactly. All he needed to say in that letter is Hey, I'm not streaming much anymore b/c I'm getting stressed out and I need to focus and have alone time. Having an entirely different tangent calling specific people out is just pure jealousy. There is no misunderstanding it.

tbh actually feel a bit sorry for Perfect Legend; it's basically become 'stream 24/7 or become irrelevant in the pro gaming scene'. Dude just wants to play, not answer 10000 dumb questions every day. That's fine.

You should have written that letter for him :p

stn

Is there something I'm missing with the mobile game? How come enemies get to interrupt my attacks and just do whatever the hell they want? How can I do that? How much the prompt to swipe for extra damage doesn't show up after every successful combo?

Opto

Banned
Jesus christ Jason can airjuggle you like no one's fucking business. Gets you in a corner and you might ass well call it quits

just got to play maximillian with my quan chi on stream in a set of 3. he beat me 3-2 but it was my first time playing a good takeda. That was awesome

zlatko

Banned
My issue is I dont know when I can attack network delays dont help either

If you are on PS4 I can give you sets sometime with a variety of characters. I'm not amazing by any means, but it can help you with a variety of the cast on knowing where the holes are.

In almost all my matches however I am controlling the pace of my match, and rushing my opponents down. When I DO play a decent player that issue isn't there for me as I've studied and messed with most of the cast now to know what they are fishing for on the scrub side and the high execution wombo combo side.

Learn your punishes, learn you mix ups, and stay solid on combos. After that you can start finding out how to apply pressure, what distances you need to be at to start your offense, etc.

Best punish online against a lot of the cast is honestly to just throw them, then do a high/low mix up on them after knock down.

-----

On another note:

Sonya Blade is my personal most slept on character. Her high low game is nuts in covert ops. Wow.

shaowebb

Got home, poked more MKX since its now functional on PC for me in a manner to let me lab. Lol at Cassie Cage being bottom 2 on eventhubs' tier list. They are insane...

I'm having fun. Generally you just open up with offensive strings outright or a low poke in this game and your good so long as you pay attention to recovery frames. Most folks have high lows built in and only a couple I've toyed with so far have come across as mad unsafe on their stuff. Started out Flame Fist Liu Kang, went in on Venomous/Swarm Queen D'vorah for the combo fun and then went back to FF Liu Kang because daaaaaaaaaaamn at the damage. Outright monster once he activates the buff. God help you if you get downloaded and hit with buffed fireballs more than once in a match. Playing a strong neutral and using his fireballs really adds up on folks.

I hope folks stop complaining about full auto Jacqui soon. She can be annoying but I don't see her as a serious threat. If you ain't goin' ham all day you can deal IMO.

Finally getting to dig deep and having fun here.

CEbRjh0UgAAHx3v.png

I don't even know who Perfect Legend is but that letter is pathetic.

shaowebb

I don't even know who Perfect Legend is but that letter is pathetic.

MK9 he was the equivalent of MVC2 Justin Wong. People struggled to ever even take a round off of his Kung Lao and Kabal. Just absolutely destroyed folks and cleared EVO more than once as the MK9 champ without ever going into losers. Him finally going into Losers was legendary at his last MK9 EVO and being put out by his arch rival before Grand Finals had fans beside themselves. It'd be like seeing Pacquiao actually take down Mayweather.

Perfect Legend had folks salty too because he only went to certain tournies so folks would get mad as shit, call him out and think he wasn't able to keep up only to find when he did show he was lightyears ahead of folks at times. He was a monster. He hasn't been relevant since though. Sonic Fox is your new furry messiah of NRS fighters.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

CEbRjh0UgAAHx3v.png
Good grief. What a scrub tier letter.

Demoskinos

Boy its getting awkward in Max's stream. People keep up bringing up PL in donation comments and poor Max starts to read some of them before he knows what he is running into.

Fmal

Banned
To be fair the numbers of viewers Max gets is legitimately gross.

I was fortunate enough to be able to play this game locally against a lot of people this week, and coming home from that and trying online again really hammers home how bad the online experience in this game is. Not even just because of the shitty online netcode, but because the number of X-Rays and Fatalities you have to sit through increases like, ten fold when you play against bad players online. Joining a KotH at the bottom and having to sit through the same stupid Scorpion fatality over and over as you slowly work your way to the top is so stupid. Why isn't there a Room or KotH toggle to turn finishers off?

Top Bottom