• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Game session desynchronized.

GAME SESSION DESYNCHRONIZED.

GAME SESSION DESYNCHRONIZED!

tumblr_m25bwdgbYP1qb647mo1_400.gif

Guys, I am at my wits end here. I can't seem to make this error message stop, and I've tried everything I can think of. Here are my stats:

THll2Qf.jpg

ATT UVERSE GIGAPOWER
Gateway: NVG589

I've attempted the following fixes to no avail:
  • Open ports for PS4 and MKX.
  • Disable packet filtering.
  • Disable MAC filtering.
  • Disable wireless function.
  • Turn off firewall.
  • Turn off HPNA.
  • Turn on IP passthrough (closest thing to DMZ mode).
  • Change MTU on PS4 to 1472 (packets leave room for headers so that they don't get split up) while router MTU stays at 1500.

Including myself and 8 or so MK friends, I'm the only one having this problem. I last anywhere between 5 minutes to 2 hours before desync, regardless of online activity (KOTH, spectating, private, ranked).

Any network gurus out there can help me? ATT does not allow third party routers so I'm stuck with this shit for now.

zlatko

Banned

Guys, I am at my wits end here. I can't seem to make this error message stop, and I've tried everything I can think of. Here are my stats:

THll2Qf.jpg

ATT UVERSE GIGAPOWER

• Disable MAC filtering.
  • Turn off firewall.
  • Turn off HPNA.
  • Change MTU on PS4 to 1472 (packets leave room for headers so that they don't get split up) while router MTU stays at 1500.

Including myself and 8 or so MK friends, I'm the only one having this problem. I last anywhere between 5 minutes to 2 hours before desync, regardless of online activity (KOTH, spectating, private, ranked).

Any network gurus out there can help me? ATT does not allow third party routers so I'm stuck with this shit for now.

Happens to me frequently too. Usually as I'm winning if it's ranked, or whenever the game feels like on private matches with buddies.

I just thought it was a MKX online is ass issue. :/ Not fixable on my end. Seems like a NR needs to get their shit together thing.

IronLich

Looked up a guy named "morfy182". He is #7 as of this post. Got practically everything. Ninja Mime, Farmer Jax, Injustice Scorpion, and Classic Kitana.

Fucking lifesaver of a bug. I only have a Kindle Fire so I have a jack in shit chance of playing the mobile game.

BadAss2961

So Jason is easily the most used character online right now. Everybody spams that ridiculously easy low/high juggle. Some combos do high 30s no meter as well. Obviously not a pro, but he seems a bit OP.
Jason has OP combos, and his armor is ridiculously good for finishing fights, but he's not cheap. He's still easy to block compared to most characters.

malfcn

Looked up a guy named "morfy182". He is #7 as of this post. Got practically everything. Ninja Mime, Farmer Jax, Injustice Scorpion, and Classic Kitana.

Fucking lifesaver of a bug. I only have a Kindle Fire so I have a jack in shit chance of playing the mobile game.

Platform?
So far nothing for me.

ATX AND a fellow Raiden player??

there-can-be-only-one.jpg

You're right on that, because you're nothing.
When my Raiden leaves your body suffering.
Once I start my combo, it's over, you're done.
We already know that I'll be left number one.

p2txIIm.gif

Ps4 under ranked player vs player.

Niiice! I need to get on this quick, before it all disappears! D: I have to do a few things before I'm off to play MKX.

If only klassic Mileena was out already

I'm just happy that I'm able to get all these costumes without doing anything, haha. Too good. :3

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Jason has OP combos, and his armor is ridiculously good for finishing fights, but he's not cheap. He's still easy to block compared to most characters.

Yeah I haven't had trouble with him, but damn he's getting spammed now because he has arguably the easiest high damage combo there's been in an MK game.

patchday

THll2Qf.jpg

ATT UVERSE GIGAPOWER

• Disable MAC filtering.
  • Turn off firewall.
  • Turn off HPNA.

Ah I'm with gigapower ATT as well. I think all you need is IP passthrough and make sure PS4 ip address is set for Ip passthrough. If it works proper, in your ps4 network settings it should say 'NAT 1' which means you are totally open.

Hopefully you are connected right into the port to enjoy gigapower. My ps4 is stuck using wireless. So main benefit I get is my upload == download. So my friend can share play with me just fine.

If that's not clear you can PM me I have a link I can send your way too.

In short, ATT router is really loussy for gaming. You basically want to connect another router to it directly then set that to ip passthrough. Then connect all consoles to that router. But if all you do is game on the ps4 what I just typed will work

[edit[ ya that speed you're getting is amazing. Yeah, you must be connect to the network directly. But yeah ATT's awful firewall will still mess you up if you dont ip passthrough the ps4

pahamrick

Something really weird I'm noticing on my GTX 970. MKX doesn't cause the card to boost to its max clock speed, in fact it hardly boosts at all.

I've got a stable max boost of 1500MHZ Core / 4000MHZ Mem. Sometimes it will boost as high as 1513MHZ core depending on the game.

During the character selection, match intros, fatalities, xrays -- basically anything thats locked to 30fps, the GPU core stays locked at 1186.

During actual gameplay the GPU boosts to 1290 -- and stays there, but it immediately dips back to 1186 whenever you do an xray or fatality.

So, could that be part of the odd performance dips people with recent GTX cards are experiencing? Only game that doesn't boost to the full 1500mhz.

You're right on that, because you're nothing.
When my Raiden leaves your body suffering.
Once I start my combo, it's over, you're done.
We already know that I'll be left number one.
stos.gif

Edit -- Damn. Oprah's fat ass broke the image link. Had to go with Stanley.
Ah I'm with gigapower ATT as well. I think all you need is IP passthrough and make sure PS4 ip address is set for Ip passthrough. If it works proper, in your ps4 network settings it should say 'NAT 1' which means you are totally open.

Hopefully you are connected right into the port to enjoy gigapower. My ps4 is stuck using wireless. So main benefit I get is my upload == download. So my friend can share play with me just fine.

If that's not clear you can PM me I have a link I can send your way too.

In short, ATT router is really loussy for gaming. You basically want to connect another router to it directly then set that to ip passthrough. Then connect all consoles to that router. But if all you do is game on the ps4 what I just typed will work

[edit[ ya that speed you're getting is amazing. Yeah, you must be connect to the network directly. But yeah ATT's awful firewall will still mess you up if you dont ip passthrough the ps4
Strange. I set IP passthrough for the PS4 and it stayed on as NAT 2. I'll try again tonite. Thanks!

Aske

I'm just happy that I'm able to get all these costumes without doing anything, haha. Too good. :3

Spot on. Part of me likes to believe that someone awesome at NRS snuck this into the game.

The classic Kitana costume is fantastic - brilliant update to the old school design. I suspect Mileena will be similarly impressive. Classic Sub-Zero is a real let down by comparison; and sadly I think this will be true of the other male ninjas. Reptile is doomed to look daft.

On the subject, I don't see why the current incarnation of Reptile couldn't wear a 'stealth' ninja costume that featured a creepy human-face mask, like in MK2. I loved the way he would pull it off every time he fired off an acit spit. Perhaps we'll get something like this in the next game.

So Jason is easily the most used character online right now. Everybody spams that ridiculously easy low/high juggle. Some combos do high 30s no meter as well. Obviously not a pro, but he seems a bit OP.

Which is a shame. His slasher variation is easily his best because of that particular string. They really need to limit that strings juggle potential, he has some fancy looking stuff if you use other strings instead, but they have lower damage, so bleh we use the braindead stuff.

Not to mention his other stances make him just a pure grappler. The juggle potential in those variations lie in exactly 1 string with no high low game. Playing slasher Jason is the easiest time I've had with MKX, While playing his other variations takes a ton of effort.

Profanity

Something really weird I'm noticing on my GTX 970. MKX doesn't cause the card to boost to its max clock speed, in fact it hardly boosts at all.

I've got a stable max boost of 1500MHZ Core / 4000MHZ Mem. Sometimes it will boost as high as 1513MHZ core depending on the game.

During the character selection, match intros, fatalities, xrays -- basically anything thats locked to 30fps, the GPU core stays locked at 1186.

During actual gameplay the GPU boosts to 1290 -- and stays there, but it immediately dips back to 1186 whenever you do an xray or fatality.

So, could that be part of the odd performance dips people with recent GTX cards are experiencing? Only game that doesn't boost to the full 1500mhz.

Yeah same, my 970 never deviates from its 1113 idle clock. Every other game will boost to ~1450 no problems.

stn

XB1 users, look for "Inspired Fame" on the ranked 1v1 leaderboards, he's currently #4. I got all the unlocks through him just now, still works! Also, is there a confirmed method to unlocking Hot Shot Johnny?

XB1 users, look for "Inspired Fame" on the ranked 1v1 leaderboards, he's currently #4. I got all the unlocks through him just now, still works! Also, is there a confirmed method to unlocking Hot Shot Johnny?

Hot Shot Johnny is unlocked by getting a 10 win streak in (public) Survivor KotH online.

I'm going back to start playing some MKX, although I'm at my cousin's house. I just hope the internet is stable enough, sometimes it's a hit and miss.

But still excited either way!

stos.gif

Edit -- Damn. Oprah's fat ass broke the image link. Had to go with Stanley.

I legit laughed my ass off. xD

Spot on. Part of me likes to believe that someone awesome at NRS snuck this into the game.

On the subject, I don't see why the current incarnation of Reptile couldn't wear a 'stealth' ninja costume that featured a creepy human-face mask, like in MK2. I loved the way he would pull it off every time he fired off an acit spit. Perhaps we'll get something like this in the next game.

Hah, could you imagine if somebody actually truly did that? That'd be amazing.

I agree, I really don't understand why they haven't gone with it. Clearly in the concept arts they want to go with the ninja-esque look, and also go full on reptilian because they wanted a tail before and clearly he has a lot more scales.

I just hope he gets another costume to resemble it.

Top Bottom