• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

vg260

Right now me, 2n2, and someone else have made a GAF room and are doing a survivor to get the costume, so you just have to tell your friends "go to room so and so" and do it that way.

Not sure who the third person is, but happy he's helping. Such a silly unlock condition.

Aske

Just aquired the Injustice Scorpion skin. Fantastic design! Love it. Don't care for any of his other costumes besides the default, so I'm very happy to have been able to grab this.

stn

Right now me, 2n2, and someone else have made a GAF room and are doing a survivor to get the costume, so you just have to tell your friends "go to room so and so" and do it that way.
Cool, thanks. If any GAF'ers on XB1 want to do this tomorrow, just quote this post and I'll PM my GT. I also wouldn't mind having new people to play with.

Aske

>not liking Hanzo

He's fine for the story, but I want my vengeful ghost ninja. I love that Scorpion and Subzero's default costumes are just awesome versions of their classic designs, have nothing to do with the story whatsoever, and have no real reason to exist. They're like "what if these guys had looked this good during the events of MK9 though?". It also means I can choose to believe Subzero's sweet MKX default is Bi-Han, since every incarnation of Kuai Liang looks totally different.

Hadoukie

Woot! Got all of the skins from the mobile app. Obviously can't get Mileena yet, but hope she's up soon.

Klassic Kitana is good shit, and after seeing the back of her model

file.php

Oh, and thank you TheJesusFish for helping me get them

So I was playing as Grandmaster Sub-Zero against "Red Kenshi"
whatever it's called lol
and I got pretty annoyed by a tactic this guy was using. Basically he would do the overhead teleport and I would block it, but he would grab me immediately afterwards. I think it goes without saying that teching throws online is tough as shit, but I did tech a few times. I tried using Sub's fastest strings to hit him out of it, but he always grabbed. Trying to grab before he did didn't work either.

Anybody know any strategy against this outside of hoping you guess right on the tech?

Cyros

So I was playing as Grandmaster Sub-Zero against "Red Kenshi"
whatever it's called lol
and I got pretty annoyed by a tactic this guy was using. Basically he would do the overhead teleport and I would block it, but he would grab me immediately afterwards. I think it goes without saying that teching throws online is tough as shit, but I did tech a few times. I tried using Sub's fastest strings to hit him out of it, but he always grabbed. Trying to grab before he did didn't work either.

Anybody know any strategy against this outside of hoping you guess right on the tech?

You can duck throws in this game, right?

Aske

Have we talked about Takeda's hilarious disgruntled "Hrrrm..." noise that he makes when he loses a round? Best on Hyper Kombat (which should be its own mode - add this in a patch pls Boon).

Scorpion: Your end is near!
Cassie: You'd best keep your hands off it.

...Also, I know it can't be, but doesn't the snippet of music you can hear coming out of Cassie's headphones sound a little bit like the techno MK theme?

How do you guys deal with someone who pokes with d3 or d4? Someone would do a blockstring that's minus on block but safe, and I go to start my offense but I'm poked out. I can't figure out how to beat it.

How do you guys deal with someone who pokes with d3 or d4? Someone would do a blockstring that's minus on block but safe, and I go to start my offense but I'm poked out. I can't figure out how to beat it.

Yep, that's klassic online MK cheese. What I do is if they are being predictable, I wait for that first low hit, block it, and answer with your own d3. As soon as it hits, jump over and do a crossup.

Basketball

Woot! Got all of the skins from the mobile app. Obviously can't get Mileena yet, but hope she's up soon.

Klassic Kitana is good shit, and after seeing the back of her model

file.php

Oh, and thank you TheJesusFish for helping me get them

Preach

Damn NR for Putting the costume behind that stupid app

Sucks most of the outfits for Mileena and Kitana are so tame now.

Ah I'm with gigapower ATT as well. I think all you need is IP passthrough and make sure PS4 ip address is set for Ip passthrough. If it works proper, in your ps4 network settings it should say 'NAT 1' which means you are totally open.

Hopefully you are connected right into the port to enjoy gigapower. My ps4 is stuck using wireless. So main benefit I get is my upload == download. So my friend can share play with me just fine.

If that's not clear you can PM me I have a link I can send your way too.

In short, ATT router is really loussy for gaming. You basically want to connect another router to it directly then set that to ip passthrough. Then connect all consoles to that router. But if all you do is game on the ps4 what I just typed will work

[edit[ ya that speed you're getting is amazing. Yeah, you must be connect to the network directly. But yeah ATT's awful firewall will still mess you up if you dont ip passthrough the ps4

Just quoting this for others. This finally worked for me. All I had to do is follow these instructions then manually set my PS4's internet settings (IP address same as my router public IP, used a low ping DNS like google, normal MTU settings, etc) and so far no issues.

Thanks again guy.

SlickVic

On PC:

Cap10 for kitana and jax

kakarot720 for jhonny

aerogrunt for scorpion

Just got them all.

Aerogrunt has kitana and farmer jax as well. Awesome find.

Now hopefully this "shortcut" sticks around until classic Mileena unlocks and I then I don't need to bother with the mobile app at all.

Marvel

could never
Just aquired the Injustice Scorpion skin. Fantastic design! Love it. Don't care for any of his other costumes besides the default, so I'm very happy to have been able to grab this.

It's really nice, I especially like the jewel on his chest.

Aske

Oh man...I remeber being something like 12 years old and losing my mind when I saw this cabinet for the first time and found out that Scorpion was restored to the roster in UMK3.

It's really nice, I
especially like the jewel on his chest.

I mean am I crazy, or is there no way in hell they're making more money from the app than they would if they threw these costumes up on the various stores as a costume pack? The game is free to play, and as I understand, doesn't desperately require any microtransactions in order to beat it.

This is like the MK9 classic costume store-exclusive preorder bonus thing all over again. At least those skins were always going to end up becoming available to everyone, but someone at WB must have been tearing his hair out when people were selling those codes on eBay for $50 each. When people want your stuff, let them buy it from you! Also, people care way more about the mobile unlockable costumes than they do either of the first two themed costume packs.

FranXico

MKX keeps filling up my PSN Plus cloud storage with match replays. Any way to disable this?

You can only disable auto-upload for MKX, but then you'll have to manually upload the saves you want in the cloud by yourself.

Basically, NRS should not have flagged the replays as save files. Maybe they can patch a fix for this later.

Aske

Does the skin error still work? I'm at home with time sooooo

Give it a go! Find a leaderboard, click to download the Kombat History of profile while holding the dpad and scrolling through a couple of profile screens quickly after it loads, then exiting. Doesn't take long to go through a lot of profiles. Then quit back to the main menu and see if anything has unlocked. Good luck!

Shauni

So, what are the mobile skins again? Mimi Johnny, Farmer Jax, Classic Kitana, and Injustice Scorpion? Is that all? I know there's a Mileena one, but not out yet? I don't guess anyone else is doing the glitch offline with towers by chance is there lol? I've unlocked Mime Johnny, Jax, and Kitana.

poke. poke them first then use the advantage from your poke to begin your offense.

counter poke. block the poke then begin your offense. pokes are almost always negative, some are even punishable.

Throw. throws can beat the start up of a poke.

use armor. armor activates right on startup so if there's any gap between their block string and the poke you'll win.

Where does the value come from in the Kombat pack? Says I'm saving money but @ €30 I don't see how. 4.99 x 4 for characters. Are there more coming or something?

Zomba13

Where does the value come from in the Kombat pack? Says I'm saving money but @ €30 I don't see how. 4.99 x 4 for characters. Are there more coming or something?

You also get the costume packs. I guess that is where the extra "cost" comes from. Should probably be made more obvious.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Just did like 18 games vs the same guy, it's so rare to get a playable match on PC when you find one you stick with it until your hands hurt (like mine are now lol).

Also got my PS3 cable today, so I've been using my PS3 controller instead of my X360 one and it's SOOOO much better, you can't even compare the DPads. Best £3 ever.

How's Sub-Zero in this game? What kind of playstyle is he? I've been watching tournament streams here and there but the only Sub I can find is Tom Brady - its been a bit hard to find matches that aren't Kung Jin/Quan Chi/Kano.

Top Bottom