• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Here is how to unlock the mobile content without playing the mobile game. Just download someone Kombat history from the leaderboard and it unlocks the costume.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/...e-costumes-consoles-without-ever-playing-app/

I tried it on Xbox One and it works. I was able to unlock Classic Kitana and Farmer Jax (already unlocked Mime Johnny and Future Raiden).

Thank you very much, My Roomie is going to be so happy to have that new Johnny Cage Costume.

Thanks JesusFish and Zomba!

Hotshot Johnny get, but holy crap was things getting dicey connection and performance wise.

Thank you, guys. We will have to figure out a time boost Rev Kung Lao. I wonder if you can do survivor koth wins because the one round would make it faster.

Assuming MKX doesn't leak it's memory all over the fucking place while we try to get 25 wins.

Moofers

Is this on sale anywhere yet? I am thinking about buying the PS4 version today. I was going to head over to GameStop, but if there's a place doing $39.99 or something I'd definitely do that instead.

pahamrick

Thank you, guys. We will have to figure out a time boost Rev Kung Lao. I wonder if you can do survivor koth wins because the one round would make it faster.

Assuming MKX doesn't leak it's memory all over the fucking place while we try to get 25 wins.

I -think- the Rev Kung Lao skin is 25 wins total, not 25 wins in a row. So we should only need about 15 wins if survivor counts.

Well, I guess no PS4 KOTH. :c

On to rank I go!

Edit: So, I just went against this person. I got a flawless on the first round then proceeded to beat them down on the next. Once the match was done, all you hear is:

click click click click click click click click click

I was just laughing. xD

Grimsen

Well, I guess no PS4 KOTH. :c

On to rank I go!

Edit: So, I just went against this person. I got a flawless on the first round then proceeded to beat them down on the next. Once the match was done, all you hear is:

click click click click click click click click click

I was just laughing. xD

im-not-saying-its-aliens-but-its-aliens.jpg

patchday

I'm a little tempted to help you guys get Hot Johnny. Though I find the thought of taking the hit to my koth rating just a tad bit distasteful kinda though. And I dont even play as Johnny. I'll only see the skin when I play offline....

Hm.... well send me invite anyways I can help in a bit

Cyros

I'm a little tempted to help you guys get Hot Johnny. Though I find the thought of taking the hit to my koth rating just a tad bit distasteful kinda though. And I dont even play as Johnny. I'll only see the skin when I play offline....

Hm.... well send me invite anyways I can help in a bit

Perhaps another time.

vg260

I'd be up for KOTH boosting to 30 wins for that Kung Lao alt at some point in PS4 or Xbox. Of course not all in that session, but every little bit helps when wins are hard to come by,

stn

I'd be up for KOTH boosting to 30 wins for that Kung Lao alt at some point in PS4 or Xbox. Of course not all in that session, but every little bit helps when wins are hard to come by,
Xbox, please? I'd also love some help getting the 10 straight KOTH wins for Hotshot Johnny. I know you did it already but just in case you're willing to help a bro out...
Oh, of course, I'm also down to actually play legitimate matches. :)

EDIT: I have a mic and I love a good chat, too. Let me know!

vg260

Xbox, please? I'd also love some help getting the 10 straight KOTH wins for Hotshot Johnny. I know you did it already but just in case you're willing to help a bro out...
Oh, of course, I'm also down to actually play legitimate matches. :)

EDIT: I have a mic and I love a good chat, too. Let me know!

I can possibly help, but I've got to do some stuff and eat for a bit so I'm not sure how that works ou time-wise. However, if you have two people, I can just join a 3-person room to lock the slot down and go AFK while I do other stuff.

I think the 30 Kung Lao wins have to be in KOTH rooms, not survivor which is for 10 win streak, so I don't think you can double-up.

Otherwise most of the day tomorrow I probably can help. I don't really care about my record. It will be bad anyway.

stn

I can possibly help, but I've got to do some stuff and eat for a bit so I'm not sure how that works ou time-wise. However, if you have two people, I can just join a 3-person room to lock the slot down and go AFK while I do other stuff.

I think the 30 Kung Lao wins have to be in KOTH rooms, not survivor which is for 10 win streak, so I don't think you can double-up.

Otherwise most of the day tomorrow I probably can help. I don't really care about my record. It will be bad anyway.
I'm down for tomorrow. I'll PM you then and we'll see if we can work it out. If anything, I'd love to have some friends to play this with in general.

Here is how to unlock the mobile content without playing the mobile game. Just download someone Kombat history from the leaderboard and it unlocks the costume.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/...e-costumes-consoles-without-ever-playing-app/

I tried it on Xbox One and it works. I was able to unlock Classic Kitana and Farmer Jax (already unlocked Mime Johnny and Future Raiden).

Thanks for the link. Considering how the Android app didn't seem to pick up any rewards from the PC version and how extra grind-y it seemed compared to Injustice, I'm really glad that I might not have to endure it ever again. Well, except maybe for that Mileena skin unlock.

Last match! I have to go eat. :p

Edit: Those were some great matches! I didn't expect that Sub-Zero and those Cassie mix-ups were getting me good.

We could probably play later on!

vg260

I'm down for tomorrow. I'll PM you then and we'll see if we can work it out. If anything, I'd love to have some friends to play this with in general.

Cool. Maybe we can get a third.

Still not sure if survival counts towards the 30 koth wins, but maybe after you get your 10 we could switch type just to be sure.

Good point was made on the Resistance 4 stream

If Cyber Sub-Zero came back as a human. Then how come Jax came back with metal arms still.

Opto

Banned
I can tell I'm getting smarter. No longer am I getting reamed, but I'm still losing, just but just barely. Still though, fuck kung Jin players

OmegaDL50

Good point was made on the Resistance 4 stream

If Cyber Sub-Zero came back as a human. Then how come Jax came back with metal arms still.

This...This is actually a very good question. Sounds like a plothole.

Of course ever since MK3 Jax was known for his Metal Arms, so it may have been just a thing they kept in for the sake of just tradition.

But yes, it's a very good point brought up.

So apparently every time I try to launch the pc version while offline I lose access to all of my unlocks including dlc. Well that's just shitty

Big Chungus

I have a question about playing on a different PS4, if I wanted to use all my unlocked characters/costumes would I have to upload/download my original MKX save from the cloud or would just logging into another PS4 pull that data?

Ran into a PS4 player named D-TECH15 in a KOTH room who kept using Raiden. Dude was an absolute monster. Managed to pull off multiple 20+ hit *****s in a few matches. I was completely in awe

OmegaDL50

Ran into a PS4 player named D-TECH15 in a KOTH room who kept using Raiden. Dude was an absolute monster. Managed to pull off multiple 20+ hit *****s in a few matches. I was completely in awe

Yeah that sounds about right. Raiden isn't very execution heavy.

And generally most of his combos especially linked after the Shocker can easily do about 30% damage or so.

The only problem with combos with large hit amounts is the scaling, the more hits in a combo, each subsequent hit does less and less damage, this is especially so for X-Rays which scale horribly.

Which is short but high damage combos are preferable for example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpHvW_uSi8I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boUiEIzRIqk

Just did like 18 games vs the same guy, it's so rare to get a playable match on PC when you find one you stick with it until your hands hurt (like mine are now lol).

Also got my PS3 cable today, so I've been using my PS3 controller instead of my X360 one and it's SOOOO much better, you can't even compare the DPads. Best £3 ever.

Did you play as Reptile?

stn

Used the glitch but only got Johnny, Jax, Kitana and scorpion costumes. No Milena. And isn't there a Raiden one?
Milleena can't be unlocked yet, needs Raiden Challenge. You get the Raiden skin for linking your console and mobile WBID accounts together. Sadly you will need to activate the mobile game once to get everything remaining.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
How's Sub-Zero in this game? What kind of playstyle is he? I've been watching tournament streams here and there but the only Sub I can find is Tom Brady - its been a bit hard to find matches that aren't Kung Jin/Quan Chi/Kano.

His bigger combos require running which I cant seem to get down for the life of me.
But if you're a patient and smart player you can still be pretty decent with him.
He's the perfect example of easy to play hard to master type character imo.

edit: decided to check YouTube and I'm learning a lot. Run isn't the only way to obtain high damage it seems.

SeanR1221

Milleena can't be unlocked yet, needs Raiden Challenge. You get the Raiden skin for linking your console and mobile WBID accounts together. Sadly you will need to activate the mobile game once to get everything remaining.

Awesome thanks man.

Top Bottom