• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

patchday

Yeah I think the lighting is whack in that pic (screenshot posted last page)

I think predator's helmet is just shiny (hopefully not his tusks sticking through)
Tanya looks kind of like a man

Tremor initially looked like an old man til I looked closer at his helmet.

So weird cause all other footage I've seen had me hyped. It's just that pic posted on last page that looks rough (too me)

kriskrosbbk

Guys ,a question.I know that each Premier tower is giving you background ,icon and border.Is it the same with Daily and Hourly ones tho? Is it from time to time?Or with Gold only?

-Deimos

Why is Sub-Zero's X-ray so short compared to everyone else's?
Couldn't they come up with one more hit idea?

It's fun using it against people who haven't faced Sub-Zero much, though. Had a guy yesterday who did a little double take when I was just standing there frozen before attacking and falling for the trap.

ZangBa

I took time to learn Mileena well enough and ended up a bit disappointed with her when I took her online and played a few games with my friend. She just seems so slow and unsafe for me. I'm thinking of learning D'vorah or Erron next.

I took time to learn Mileena well enough and ended up a bit disappointed with her when I took her online and played a few games with my friend. She just seems so slow and unsafe for me. I'm thinking of learning D'vorah or Erron next.

Strange. She had become my fav char by far. I find her really fast, great 39% combo with no EX and a good range of comboes than mix on high / lows and overheads. Plus some really easy brutalities.

ZangBa

Strange. She had become my fav char by far. I find her really fast, great 39% combo with no EX and a good range of comboes than mix on high / lows and overheads. Plus some really easy brutalities.

Her overhead is so slow it won't hit anyone half decent. Her low starter, F4, is also really slow. In fact, there is no reason not to crouch block her at all times since you can block her overhead on reaction.

She's a pretty good lag character to abuse online, though.

malfcn

Continue to hate Scorpion.
Went 2-15 against a Hellfire.

His wakeup, teleport and every random move beats my Takeda move. Even with armor, he was punching me out of EXs with pokes and other things. And that stupid do anything and get a long 30% with reset is stupid, especially online.

/rant.

zlatko

Banned

His wakeup, teleport and every random move beats my Takeda move. Even with armor, he was punching me out of EXs with pokes and other things. And that stupid do anything and get a long 30% with reset is stupid, especially online.

/rant.

I only worry about Inferno scorpions as a Takeda player myself.

1) If they teleport do not try a full blown punish. Just throw them and set up a mix up of your own. Check their tendencies. If you throw him down and he always mashes out a teleport or ex teleport then you can either A) do back 2 1 into chain combo, or B) block, and throw again. If they don't do shit on wake up then just do your standard forward 1 2 into 2+4 to see if you can confirm into a teleport, low kunai, or cancel teleport based off of if it is hitting or not.

2) Your ONLY wake up ex move worth a crap is back forward 2 for the rush punch. The rest is garbage. I always get bopped out of ex teleports...waste of meter. You are better off trying to do a back dash on wake up, or just blocking the mix up.

3) Fight him at farther ranges to gain the upper hand. Your back 2 1 can cancel into low kunai, teleport fake out, tele for real, spear. This leaves you far enough to not worry about any high low monkey crap from Hellfire really. Against Inferno you being further only results in him spamming air demon or grab your ankles demon...bleh.

Hopefully those 3 tips bring it closer to 8-7 your favor. ;)

RM8

Guys, you can't access your save file on PC while using Steam in offline mode. If I go offline, not only I can't access Jason, but neither Goro, Shinnok or any unlocked costume. Is this the same on consoles? :0 Stupid cloud saving...

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
found a small money glitch in the mkx app. XD
I want to share but I don't want it patched.
Not exactly sure how to duplicate it in the first place.

edit: I take a L for being late

found a small money glitch in the mkx app. XD
I want to share but I don't want it patched.
Not exactly sure how to duplicate it in the first place.

There are plenty of well known glitches on the app. Signing into your WBID profile will trigger Test Your Might every time. You can also buy one of the character bundle packs and then rebuy it over and over (it's free because you already bought it).

Guys, you can't access your save file on PC while using Steam in offline mode. If I go offline, not only I can't access Jason, but neither Goro, Shinnok or any unlocked costume. Is this the same on consoles? :0 Stupid cloud saving...

Can confirm this is on PC. I'm not sure it always worked like this as I unlocked the majority of the Krypt in offline mode (to avoid any VAC false-positives with cheat engine.)

vg260

How the heck does this game match you up in ranked?
No way at 0-4 should I be getting matched with people with 600-50 and similar records. It's ridiculous.
Does it go by Exp level? I hope not because I'm at 50 only from 1p grinding to do all this nonsense unlocking. I'm only playing ranked to get the wins for the last unlock I have left.

I really dislike this game's online system.

RM8

Can confirm this is on PC. I'm not sure it always worked like this as I unlocked the majority of the Krypt in offline mode (to avoid any VAC false-positives with cheat engine.)
Probably not. According to some guy on the Steam forums, it has been addressed and apparently it'll get patched. It's ridiculous :[

How the heck does this game match you up in ranked?
No way at 0-4 should I be getting matched with people with 600-50 and similar records. It's ridiculous.
Does it go by Exp level? I hope not because I'm at 50 only from 1p grinding to do all this nonsense unlocking. I'm only playing ranked to get the wins for the last unlock I have left.

I really dislike this game's online system.

Same thing happens to me it sucks, it must just only be really good people playing ranked. I've had more fun in player matches where people actually will play multiple fights and do headsets

ChouGoku

IDK much about kitana so I cant give many specifics. Use her crouch 4 (o or b) right after blocking their low . Her crouch 1 (square or x) and back 4 seems to have some good range as well. With some good range and they are crouch blocking maybe do a back 1 followed by a down 4, or back 3 right when they stand back up. But idk thats only what seems like what may work only after a few mins

Her overhead is so slow it won't hit anyone half decent. Her low starter, F4, is also really slow. In fact, there is no reason not to crouch block her at all times since you can block her overhead on reaction.

She's a pretty good lag character to abuse online, though.

Well... She has more than just those. 2, 1 is a not obvious high low. Mix it in with a jump punch and its an overhead as well.

I wouldn't say f4 is slow at all though but I'm not exactly amazing at the game. Just ok.

She has another combo that has an overhead in it at the end.

Her slow overhead is good as a follow up on a downed opponent.

But sure, against a really good player some of her moves are pretty readable but most peoples over heads are rather slow.

Yeah I think the lighting is whack in that pic (screenshot posted last page)

I think predator's helmet is just shiny (hopefully not his tusks sticking through)
Tanya looks kind of like a man

Tremor initially looked like an old man til I looked closer at his helmet.

So weird cause all other footage I've seen had me hyped. It's just that pic posted on last page that looks rough (too me)

Those are early models tanya and Predator don't even look like that now.

ChouGoku

The online in this game isnt bad but it aint no tekken. It seems basically impossible to block on reaction
and any cassie cage tips for ranged characters? I had a guy who basically ran the entire match, and would chip me out with low fireballs and then hit me with jumping overheads. Things usually not hard to block offline, but impossible to block online.

kriskrosbbk

Looks like I was wrong.

"Unlock the “Dead Woods” stage in the Krypt’s Cemetery Grounds area, by going to the Large Grave at coordinates: -18, 9. Then unlock the stage by buying it for 1,120 Koins."

Wait ,are you saying that all levels have alternatives unlocked in the Krypt?
I have infected woods and some more alt maps ,but thought they came from the Story.

I went against against Kenny 'Unroolie' not too long ago. I had freaked out (in my head at least)

It's really cool when you go against personalities. ^^

Spuck-uk

Banned

/rant.

Takeda is crazily, stupidly slow, and a lot of characters can beat out his wakeup even through EX.

I honestly think he isn't very good, even though he looks super flashy (And is a complete Mary Sue)

But sure, against a really good player some of her moves are pretty readable but most peoples over heads are rather slow.

At 24? frames, I think it might be the slowest overhead in the game.

Bayonettasbuddy

Neo Member
IDK much about kitana so I cant give many specifics. Use her crouch 4 (o or b) right after blocking their low . Her crouch 1 (square or x) and back 4 seems to have some good range as well. With some good range and they are crouch blocking maybe do a back 1 followed by a down 4, or back 3 right when they stand back up. But idk thats only what seems like what may work only after a few mins

I'll give it a go if I get another spammer!

angelic

Banned
i cannot stand takeda for so many reasons (not homophobia, dont lay that one on me). he's a dick in the story, he has a smug simpering face, and he's cheap online with those spammy whips. always pick him as my training dummy just to beat him up.

i cannot stand takeda for so many reasons (not homophobia, dont lay that one on me). he's a dick in the story, he has a smug simpering face, and he's cheap online with those spammy whips. always pick him as my training dummy just to beat him up.

Kung Jin is the character you're thinking about, not Takeda.

vg260

Same thing happens to me it sucks, it must just only be really good people playing ranked. I've had more fun in player matches where people actually will play multiple fights and do headsets

I enjoy playing one-off ranked games online. It worked well in SF. I felt like I could always find a match that was matched within reason because of the ranking system. That's what I liked about it. With this game, there doesn't seem to be anything in place to make it easy to find a reasonable matchup. I don't care about leaderboard aspect, I just like having some metric to help with matchmaking quickly without having to wade through all the rooms.

Spuck-uk

Banned
oh i hate him too, he stinks up the tourneys with his 40% basic punishes.

ah yes, youre right about his sexuality.

drinking_your_tears_by_justapersonwithapc-d80kozn.jpg

Reule

I'm guessing the Kold War Pack with the Kano, Sonya, and Sub-Zero skins isn't coming out today? I want that Kano outfit. :(

Top Bottom