• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Marvel

could never
I feel so dirty having Kung "Jerkface"Jin as my main at the moment, dude is too damn good. Netted me hundreds and hundreds of wins just in a few days.

I'll move on to Cassie next.

zlatko

Banned
Which version has the better netcode? One or 4?

It's a toss up. XB1 does not region lock you, but PS4 you can only play with players from the same region.

In that regard you SHOULD find better netcode matches on PS4 if it has a pulling off people closer to you versus if you are in USA on XB1 getting a match from someone from Europe which I imagine would be dial up city.

No clear winner though. Go where your friends are I suppose.

vg260

I feel so dirty having Kung "Jerkface"Jin as my main at the moment, dude is too damn good. Netted me hundreds and hundreds of wins just in a few days.

I'll move on to Cassie next.

I'm going to need to learn to use him online just to get the ranked wins needed to unlock the last skin I need. Never going to beat the people I keep getting matched with.

malfcn

Even Takeda's 1 and 2 in the air is garbage.

And Jin is such a piece of shit, especially online.
Dude was able to nj, and then d2 instantly.
Then they teabag when they win like they actually did something.

Watching certain characters or match ups gets really frustrating sometimes.
You see someone working really hard to do some work, versus a simple normal or spam leads into massive combo damage.

Hard to respect certain characters.

CarJeter

Neo Member
Seeing MKX at Texas Showdown showed me that NRS should have implemented an option to disable the "FINISH HIM/HER" end for each fight. Nobody will do a fatality and when they do, its not something special anymore as the majority most likely have seen that numerous times. Seeing players going for a rematch before the match even ends is a real hype killer tbh. Brutality-like finishers are the way to go in that kind of tournament.

Xevren

Seeing MKX at Texas Showdown showed me that NRS should have implemented an option to disable the "FINISH HIM/HER" end for each fight. Nobody will do a fatality and when they do, its not something special anymore as the majority most likely have seen that numerous times. Seeing players going for a rematch before the match even ends is a real hype killer tbh. Brutality-like finishers are the way to go in that kind of tournament.

Just a tourney type mode would be great, you were able to do that in 9 with that pre match icon stuff which was nice. I do like brutalities as well, but for a lot of characters they have really stupid requirements that make it not as viable.

Manu

I hate playing KOTH with randoms. Once you get in a winning streak people stop giving respect points and when they do, it's 2s and 5s.

At least I'm past 700 already...

FranXico

It's a toss up. XB1 does not region lock you, but PS4 you can only play with players from the same region.

In that regard you SHOULD find better netcode matches on PS4 if it has a pulling off people closer to you versus if you are in USA on XB1 getting a match from someone from Europe which I imagine would be dial up city.

No clear winner though. Go where your friends are I suppose.

The problem with the region locking is that is locked to the account's region, not where you are geographically located.

If you happen to have an European account and are living in the US or vice-versa, you're forever stuck in dial up city.

Majestad

Banned
There's gonna be a local MKX tourney. First prize is $350.

Damn, I don't know if I should practice with my Cassie more or try to learn Sub-Zerp better, as he seems higher tier.

Xevren

There's gonna be a local MKX tourney. First prize is $350.

Damn, I don't know if I should practice with my Cassie more or try to learn Sub-Zerp better, as he seems higher tier.

Could always do both! Going to a tourney here on Saturday, gonna be my first time entering one since the 90s.

Sephzilla

*Just realized there's an MKX tournament this weekend about an hour north of me*

Guess i should break my MKX tournament cherry sooner than later. Hope my Sub Zero is up to snuff

angelic

Banned

brutalities are perfect for tourneys, seen one so far on TXSD with sonya

Marvel

could never
Yeah KOTH sucks now for getting respect, people refuse or give 1's and 2's to troll. It was good on launch day.

Guys. I don't know what happened. But I played A LOT of matches and they have been flawless. O.e They only time it lagged was this one match in KOTH. But everything else was fine, especially ranked.

Well, I'm calling in sick today so anyone wants to try playing and see how shit the netcode really is?

EDIT: PS4

I would like to.

Yeah KOTH sucks now for getting respect, people refuse or give 1's and 2's to troll. It was good on launch day.

Yeah, I've noticed that as well. It's pretty annoying.

patchday

I'm wondering what 'respect' points do as well. I've given out respect in KOTH when I played. Thought it was mostly for ego boosting

DasRaven

Indeed. I'm now at 993 respect and I'll never play KOTH again after I have the trophy.
Too long a wait for too little action. I'll stick with 1v1, Tower Battle, and oddly enough Test Your Luck, which is very fun and completely salt-free.

DasRaven

I'm wondering what 'respect' points do as well. I've given out respect in KOTH when I played. Thought it was mostly for ego boosting

Besides the trophy and some dogtag items, nothing but ego stroking.
That's why I just give everyone 10s, ultimately the points don't matter.

vg260

Indeed. I'm now at 993 respect and I'll never play KOTH again after I have the trophy.
Too long a wait for too little action. I'll stick with 1v1, Tower Battle, and oddly enough Test Your Luck, which is very fun and completely salt-free.

Yeah, I'm not going for the achievements, and just got the costume unlocks. KOTH is too much waiting unless you challenge someone and set the room max to 3.

What is tower battle? I don't really know what that is.

patchday

Oh btw used to wonder what the Kung Jin-stick fuss was bout til I played a 1v1 against a stick spammer/user the other day. Since I'm kind of a nooblet I got dropped hard. Think my record is something awful now like 2-18. I get challenges like no tomorrow in rooms. People know they can count on me for a quick victory :(

Hoping one day I can get good at this thing. Trying to learn the combo chains that'll get me 30%+ damage but I have a hard time pulling them off consistently (in offline & online)

DasRaven

Yeah, I'm not going for the achievements, and just got the costume unlocks. KOTH is too much waiting unless you challenge someone and set the room max to 3.

What is tower battle? I don't really know what that is.

You and others vs a custom tower with modifiers and a 10 minute total time limit.
Winner scores the most points. Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeZ-snaiuIU

I love this mode because you have to be able to think your way around the modifiers.

patchday

I saw the trophies for this game but they looked quite tough to earn legit like the 10-win streak. Kinda crazy something like that is a trophy. I think only the elite will be able to plat this game. I wonder where I can view the stats for how many folks plat this

Awesome achievement though for those that do it

Manu

I know I've said this already, but FUCK BOJUTSU KUNG JIN.

Most broken piece of shit ever. Everything he does, EVERY SINGLE THING can be chained into a 30/40% combo. It's fucking broken.

Omg. Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I need this ;_;

kotal-khan-15jpg-f13b3f_624w.jpg

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/12/mortal-kombat-x-kotal-khan-statue-is-heart-wrenching

NVM.

Deleted. After playing the current daily living tower going up against a Johnny Cage with infinite armor (yes infinite, not 5 hits like invasion boss), I'm done.

Whoever decided this would be a cool way to finish a tower needs to be shot. In the head.

Manu

@Majestad: crappy connection. Sorry!

@Troubled Bat: Nice! I swear my Kenshi doesn't usually suck so much. And sorry to leave in a hurry, I have to go somewhere real quick. I'll be back later. Good games!

@Majestad: crappy connection. Sorry!

@Troubled Bat: Nice! I swear my Kenshi doesn't usually suck so much. And sorry to leave in a hurry, I have to go somewhere real quick. I'll be back later. Good games!

And you thought our connection would be bad. :p That was pretty good considering where we're both located.

I realize that Ermac just completely owns me. That's how the matches were online for me in ranked. >.< Suck? You were pulling combos!

Oh, no worries. I actually would have had to leave on the next match if we were to have it, hah.

I hate that I kept dropping my Jason combos. :c

Also, good games to you too! For wrecking me. ;3

Guys. I don't know what happened. But I played A LOT of matches and they have been flawless. O.e They only time it lagged was this one match in KOTH. But everything else was fine, especially ranked.

This is HORRIBLE news. Now I have no excuse for sucking.

27" high. That's one big statue. The run is VERY limited so from a money spent point of view, I can only see this going up considerably in value.

blackflag

What the fuck with this game. Sold out at target, best buy and GameStop here. So I come home and like fuck it I'll buy it digital. Look it up on Ps4 and it says 59.99 then you click that and it's not for purchase. The only version you can buy on PS4 it appears is 89.99 version. Screw that and I don't want to buy it on Xbox One. Every store had that version and on their digital store it's 59.99.

Nubster

Banned
What the fuck with this game. Sold out at target, best buy and GameStop here. So I come home and like fuck it I'll buy it digital. Look it up on Ps4 and it says 59.99 then you click that and it's not for purchase. The only version you can buy on PS4 it appears is 89.99 version. Screw that and I don't want to buy it on Xbox One. Every store had that version and on their digital store it's 59.99.

Really, It has been in stock everywhere here (including rental stores)

Where do you live?

Spuck-uk

Banned
Even Takeda's 1 and 2 in the air is garbage.

And Jin is such a piece of shit, especially online.
Dude was able to nj, and then d2 instantly.
Then they teabag when they win like they actually did something.

Watching certain characters or match ups gets really frustrating sometimes.
You see someone working really hard to do some work, versus a simple normal or spam leads into massive combo damage.

Hard to respect certain characters.

Yes, yesss, let the hate flow through you

Top Bottom