• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Spuck-uk

Banned
Getting sick of people using the word spammers, and forgetting where their block button is.

If you want someone to stop using a move, punish them for using it, simple.

Marvel

could never
It's boring playing scorpion a lot but I now know how to deal with them because of it. Chicken arise is a low block took me ages to realise that lol.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Getting sick of people using the word spammers, and forgetting where their block button is.

It's so safe online though with the delay, that's why people hate it so much.

Manu

Some things are a lot safer to do online due to the lag.

Yesterday I played against a guy who would just duck and poke. There was no way to deal with it.

Marvel

could never
Speaking of lag I stupidly accepted an invite of the current #4 1v1 guy EU when his ping was red. With mad button delay my end he beat me 2-1.

He only knew one Takeda combo.

Bragged about it in the lobby, I hate that shit. I was polite too and said gg lol. His stats aren't much better than mine either. But that's people for you I guess.

I got wrecked with Jacqui Briggs auto shot from the distance. I got low for me not to get that chip damage but then she shot rockets fast. First time playing anyone like this, it was annoying.

stn

Surprise!

I hate Scorpion too.

Try to learn grand master subzero. His slide and ice clon are effective to punish these annoying ass Scorpions.
I've actually read on TYM that Scorp is not a good match for Sub-Zero. I'm sure you can wreck novice Scorps with proper ice clone management, but in the long run it might not be the best anti-Scorp strategy.

My best advice to people struggling with Scorpion is pick a rush down character who doesn't need projectiles to win. Say Jax, for example. Block the teleport and punish accordingly (ex. most of Jax's punishes start with 212).

patchday

Isn't this normal that *some* fighting game players on gaf always complain bout netcode? Just took a peek in SFIV thread and guess what- quickly found a post proclaiming it has the worst netcode ever as well.

patchday

@backlog, you should check the thread back a few pages to see if you can still download the mk x mobile characters (unless you just want to play MK X Mobile game)

DasRaven

I got wrecked with Jacqui Briggs auto shot from the distance. I got low for me not to get that chip damage but then she shot rockets fast. First time playing anyone like this, it was annoying.

Yup it's a sad commentary that her most consistent (low) damage is from that lockdown and punish.
But you have the basic counter down, crouch without blocking, watch for the rockets(meter), dash after each volley of bullets of jump in if they get into a rrhythm/spam.

I main FA Jacqui and people are legit shook when she comes toward them for offense.

DasRaven

So I started playing MKX on mobile (yeah...that's different). How do I link the progress on that to my PSN account?

Create and login to WBPlay, link your PSNId.

And be aware that there isn't really shared progress, but cross platform rewards. Compete tasks in console, get stuff in mobile and vice-versa.

Yup it's a sad commentary that her most consistent (low) damage is from that lockdown and punish.
But you have the basic counter down, crouch without blocking, watch for the rockets(meter), dash after each volley of bullets of jump in if they get into a rrhythm/spam.

I main FA Jacqui and people are legit shook when she comes toward them for offense.
Yeah, I just crouched but I didn't know she had rockets too lol. I beat the player couple times so it wasn't that bad. It's sad just to see that person try to win that way. He didn't know jack about doing anything else.

impact

Banned
Isn't this normal that *some* fighting game players on gaf always complain bout netcode? Just took a peek in SFIV thread and guess what- quickly found a post proclaiming it has the worst netcode ever as well.

Isn't it normal that *some* people pretend something isn't true about a game or company they like?

The netcode is horrible and everyone knows it. And before you tell me it's me, it's not

899906824.png

Jito

Banned
Is there anyway to play online without Xray moves? The one match I played the guy just held out and used his Xray both rounds to cheese his way through, obviously I could just get better at blocking but I'd rather play a mode without a win button.

Edit: I'm just being bitter.

patchday

Not defending the netcode or anything. Just find it hilarious when I see the same complaints in the fighting game threads. I've always felt fighting games should be played offline with friends

But guess I've been just fortunate to have folks around I can play locally with

I seldom play fighters online. I usually spin up BF4 or CoD: AW for online MP (PS4)

vg260

Not defending the netcode or anything. Just find it hilarious when I see the same complaints in the fighting game threads. I've always felt fighting games should be played offline with friends

I seldom play fighters online. I usually spin up BF4 or CoD: AW for online MP

Ideally sure, but not everyone has the luxury of playing offline with friends. Online is the only option for a lot for people.

impact

Banned

I seldom play fighters online. I usually spin up BF4 or CoD: AW for online MP (PS4)

Agreed, but when you work overnights and live in a state different from the state you grew up in it's hard.

This netcode makes me glad I gamefly'd this instead of buying it. Been a MK fan since I was 5 years old but this game is such a lazy effort in some areas. Boon fucked up bad. Eh whatever I don't really care about fighting games anymore anyway.

Septic360

Banned
Isn't it normal that *some* people pretend something isn't true about a game or company they like?

The netcode is horrible and everyone knows it. And before you tell me it's me, it's not

899906824.png

Netcode is terrible.Can people please stop with the bullshit that we're making it up our our internet is wank.

If I can play Killer Instinct against someone in another continent and it works almost flawlessly then what excuse do Netherrealm have?

The netcode is shit. Even with people in the same region, its cack. I'm sorry but it is.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Ideally sure, but not everyone has the luxury of playing offline with friends. Online is the only option for a lot for people.

Yep, in this day and age online mode is the most important by far, I wish NRS would scrap the story mode and other fluff and focus 100% on online like Killer Instinct. Give us a great netcode and a proper ranked mode and I'd be so happy.

patchday

Yeah I wish I had more time to dedicate to mastering these characters I'd be a lot more tempted to hop online myself. This game feels like racing games too me where it takes a lot of time to master the mechanics.

edit->

Yep, in this day and age online mode is the most important by far, I wish NRS would scrap the story mode and other fluff and focus 100% on online like Killer Instinct. Give us a great netcode and a proper ranked mode and I'd be so happy.

I actually purchased this game for the story and fluff (like Factions / living towers). I'm a filthy casual when it comes to fighting games. I wish they offered expansions that added more story

Opto

Banned
What is the point of Brawler Cassie's 2 forward, throw? The throw acts like an attack, so it can be blocked (which I understand) but when it does connect, it has incredibly short attack adv.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I actually purchased this game for the story and fluff (like Factions / living towers). I'm a filthy casual when it comes to fighting games. I wish they offered expansions that added more story

I'd argue you're not the norm though, the story was like 4 hours long, that's not enough content to warrant a purchase, at least not for me. It's kinda like buying Call of Duty for the single-player.

LakeEarth

Is there anyway to play online without Xray moves? The one match I played the guy just held out and used his Xray both rounds to cheese his way through, obviously I could just get better at blocking but I'd rather play a mode without a win button.

Edit: I'm just being bitter.

I understand your frustration. You'll just have to learn to keep an eye on both meters when playing, play defensive once he gets his bars full.

vg260

Yeah, I agree. All, the story, mode and other stuff, is much touted, but people who only play it for that stuff probably drop the game within a week, and the ones left wanting to play are left with crappy online performance. They're trying to do everything, but they're still failing in the area the game needs to have a long life after most people forgot it and move on. I kinda roll my eyes when people complain about SF's lack of story modes.

I'd rather they split the IP off into two genres, and keep the fighting game part separate and focused, and make other genres for the story part.

patchday

I'd argue you're not the norm though, the story was like 4 hours long, that's not enough content to warrant a purchase, at least not for me. It's kinda like buying Call of Duty for the single-player.

Yeah but there's also the ladders, traditional towers, krypt, etc

Enjoyed the single player in CoD: AW as well. But I purchase FPS for online. Fighting games just not enough time to dedicate to get gud'

LakeEarth

I love competitive fighting, but I think it's smart that NR focuses on the single player aspect of fighting games. Keeping it interesting for those who just press buttons. Very few fighting games do that anymore.

That being said, of course I wish they'd do something to improve their netcode.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah but there's also the ladders, traditional towers, krypt, etc

Enjoyed the single player in CoD: AW as well. But I purchase FPS for online. Fighting games just not enough time to dedicate to get gud'

I'm not trying telling you what you can and can't enjoy, if you're happy with the offline content I'm happy for you but for most people they're done with all that in 2 - 3 days tops. I haven't had the urge to play in 3 days because the online mode isn't fit for purpose, especially on PC where it's just frustrating, PS4 in comparison is a bloody dream. I should hopefully be getting a PS4 this year and I'll probably grab a second hand copy of MKX and double dip if the game is patched up and still alive by then.

Manu

The weirdest thing about NRS's netcode is that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't regardless of location or connection.

Yesterday I got disconnected from local matches but then I was able to play with Troubled Bat with very little lag.

Majestad

Banned
So how do you successfully use Cassie's nutpunch to reset. Most of the times I seem to try it, the opponent blocks (at least online), and lefts me vulnerable for a huge punish.

iratA

Yep had a few games tonight and it was terrible. Lagging constantly and I'm on a fibre connection (PSN network test puts me at 90+Mbps). Online needs a retool ASAP.

patchday

I'm not trying telling you what you can and can't enjoy, if you're happy with the offline content I'm happy for you but for most people they're done with all that in 2 - 3 days tops. I haven't had the urge to play in 3 days because the online mode isn't fit for purpose, especially on PC where it's just frustrating, PS4 in comparison is a bloody dream. I should hopefully be getting a PS4 this year and I'll probably grab a second hand copy of MKX and double dip if the game is patched up and still alive by then.

Well the living towers change all the time and the Faction War has the occasional invasion boss which is a nice change of pace. I know what you mean though.

Yeah ps4 seems fairly decent too me but I've only done 20 matches online. But I'm no online fighting game pro as yall know. I went in with uber low expectations to begin with cause I never played a fighting game online before. All these years and years always played MK offline against others.

Create and login to WBPlay, link your PSNId.

And be aware that there isn't really shared progress, but cross platform rewards. Compete tasks in console, get stuff in mobile and vice-versa.

So I have to create and login to WBPlay on mobile? Already have it on my PS4 so I would just use the existing one right?

EDIT: Ok...never mind. I give up on the Android version of this game. I just got a new Sony Z3 two days ago and was ready to return it as being faulty. So I uninstalled the game first and read some of the reviews. Apparently the game is a glitchy mess. *perma-delete*

patchday

Yep had a few games tonight and it was terrible. Lagging constantly and I'm on a fibre connection (PSN network test puts me at 90+Mbps). Online needs a retool ASAP.

Are you NAT 1 in your psn connection settings? See my post here if you're not. Just double checking. The last time I saw a post like this the user was NAT 2 which is all kinds of awful

[edit] PM sent with link to open your NAT

Nev

Banned
This game's netcode is an absolute joke. If I were a reviewer I would've given the game a 5/10 (despite thinking it's a 8,5/10) just because of the online. It's 2015 and Netherrealm is still getting away with releasing games with unplayable online, complete and utter trash netcode whose best case scenario is a match with 1 sec delay. Trying to deal with the input lag and the people spamming the same unpunishable move (because of the lag) over and over is one of the most frustrating bullshit I've experienced in an online game, ever. I'm so done with it tho. I'm never going to buy another Netherrealm game until it's 5€ months after release. The only reason I bought them early was because the online is more active right after release, but after 3 games with garbage netcode I've learnt the lesson.

On the other hand I've played like 300 hours of Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale online, a low budget game made by a newly created no-name studio, 4 players online and stage interactions, and out of those hours only a 10% -being very generous- have been bad connection experiences. The netcode works so flawlessly it's literally the same as playing co-op.

Netherrealm are inexcusable and they should be ashamed. Oh and don't make me talk about the PC port.

patchday

This game's netcode is an absolute joke. If I were a reviewer I would've given the game a 5/10 (despite thinking it's a 8,5/10) just because of the online. It's 2015 and Netherrealm is still getting away with releasing games with unplayable online, complete and utter trash netcode whose best case scenario is a match with 1 sec delay. Trying to deal with the input lag and the people spamming the same unpunishable move (because of the lag) over and over is one of the most frustrating bullshit I've experienced in an online game, ever. I'm so done with it tho. I'm never going to buy another Netherrealm game until it's 5€ months after release. The only reason I bought them early was because the online is more active right after release, but after 3 games with garbage netcode I've learnt the lesson.

On the other hand I've played like 300 hours of Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale online, a low budget game made by a newly created no-name studio, 4 players online and stage interactions, and out of those hours only a 10% -being very generous- have been bad connection experiences. The netcode works so flawlessly it's literally the same as playing co-op.

Netherrealm are inexcusable and they should be ashamed. Oh and don't make me talk about the PC port.

Well PS All-stars is a brawler rather than a fighting game. Much simpler than a super twitchy fighting game

edit- btw what platform were you on? PC? oh right its obviously PC

Demoskinos

What is the point of Brawler Cassie's 2 forward, throw? The throw acts like an attack, so it can be blocked (which I understand) but when it does connect, it has incredibly short attack adv.

Its a special attack which means you can cancel combos into it unlike regular throws. Its also a great combo ender.

Nev

Banned
Well PS All-stars is a brawler rather than a fighting game. Much simpler than a super twitchy fighting game

edit- btw what platform were you on? PC? oh right its obviously PC

I don't know if you've played the game but it doesn't play like Smash Bros., there are a lot of combos in that game and it plays like a 2D fighting game except there are 4 players. On top of that there are a lot of items, projectiles, stage hazards and basically a lot of stuff going on. I doubt it's much "simpler" than MKX.

And yes I'm on PC but I had MK9 on PS3 and it ran even worse. Something tells me the people saying it runs like shit on consoles too are right.

PS: There are plenty of "super twitchy fighting games" out there that are actually playable online, anyways.

patchday

Oh yeah I played PS-All stars locally with friends. I thought it was super fun! But yeah I'd classify it as a brawler. At least this was my initial impression. Only played it for like 2 hours though.

edit- Btw the studio that made it is called "Bluepoint" known for there very good God of War port. Also they port Titan fall xbox 360. They spin off from Retro studios (guys that made Super Metroid Prime trilogy!)

patchday

Hehe!!! I agree though a game with online play should for sure deliver

Hm, one thing I've noticed all the MK X streamers I sub are all on ps4. Wondering if there's any popular streamers that play PC version? Wouldn't mind watching how that version plays

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Hehe!!! I agree though a game with online play should for sure deliver

Hm, one thing I've noticed all the MK X streamers I sub are all on ps4. Wondering if there's any popular streamers that play PC version? Wouldn't mind watching how that version plays

Maybe I'll stream one day so you can see how awful it is, but for now I'm too busy with PoE :D

Top Bottom