• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

RM8

KI certainly did, man were we spoiled. SFV will also make NRS code effort look like a joke and I love this game man.
Same, I really love MKX but there's no defending the awful netcode. Especially not on PC where I can alt+F4 MKX and play USFIV flawlessly online a minute later. I really hate that NRS' priorities simply lie somewhere else :(
Screw story mode, I haven't even finished it and I probably won't, like with MK9

vg260

Same, I really love MKX but there's no defending the awful netcode. Especially not on PC where I can alt+F4 MKX and play USFIV flawlessly online a minute later. I really hate that NRS' priorities simply lie somewhere else :(
Screw story mode, I haven't even finished it and I probably won't, like with MK9

Just skip the cutscenes. You need to beat it to unlock Shinnok :/

I haven't played a SF game since I was a kid, when is it due? HOPEFULLY not until Christmas as I can't afford a PS4 until the sale war begins.

Ultra SF4 is out on PS4 the end of this month for $25.
I expect a lot of players moving to it from the 360.

I like what I played of slasher Jason. Don't know if I want to get him though... The only characters I feel play in a way I can get good with is Jax and Kano.

Debating...

Xevren

Are you NAT 1 in your psn connection settings? See my post here if you're not. Just double checking. The last time I saw a post like this the user was NAT 2 which is all kinds of awful

[edit] PM sent with link to open your NAT

Can you send me that link? Trying to get NAT 1 and been running into issues, worth a shot.

Got to finally try out Jason in the Premier Tower a few days ago. Don't plan on buying him but he wasn't half-bad. Still want to try the x-ray Brutality

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I've been on a straight loosing streak today. People that had no business beating me were winning. Did they stealth update the game or did I lose all motor control within the last 24hrs?
Just terrible :-/

SRDNpVz.gif

Marvel

could never
I love the premier tower, cool idea to give you a taste before putting down money. Liked what I experienced with Jason.

DasRaven

I'm also fresh off of some time with Jason in his tower and I can't believe I work so hard with Jacqui for damage compared to him. Braindead easy loop combos for 29-45% damage!

Garlador

I'm also fresh off of some time with Jason in his tower and I can't believe I work so hard with Jacqui for damage compared to him. Braindead easy loop combos for 29-45% damage!

I noticed this too. I went to practice mode, worked really hard nailing the timing and moves for characters like Jacqui and Mileena, all to eek out combos in the 20-25% range...

... Or just pick Jason and loop those easy combos for upwards of 30-40% with ease.

Ferrio

Banned
There's some guy streaming every morning with like 4k viewers with the same title "looking for a character". Come on guy, it's been a month... pick already.

bumpkin

Isn't it normal that *some* people pretend something isn't true about a game or company they like?

The netcode is horrible and everyone knows it. And before you tell me it's me, it's not

899906824.png
Holy shit... I'm fucking jealous. My speed (also Xfinity) is nowhere near that on its best day.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Is there a mute option for MP?

Just got the most god-awful load of mic verbal harassment yet, to the point where it made me a little bit upset even.

Marvel

could never
Is there a mute option for MP?

Just got the most god-awful load of mic verbal harassment yet, to the point where it made me a little bit upset even.

In a room you can click on the persons playercard and choose "ignore" I do not know if it mutes them or just hides challenges. Sadly when you're about to fight and during you cannot mute people.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
In a room you can click on the persons playercard and choose "ignore" I do not know if it mutes them or just hides challenges. Sadly when you're about to fight and during you cannot mute people.

For once I'm glad the PC version didn't get a console feature.

vg260

This is another oversight I hope they patch. Put in an option to mute all by default.

dB Viper

There's some guy streaming every morning with like 4k viewers with the same title "looking for a character". Come on guy, it's been a month... pick already.

Think he said today his main is Scorpion. Pretty sure he's forgotten to change title. I like watching him, very good player and entertaining at the same time.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Yeah, I spent a good time trying to find the mute button during the character select screen. Doesn't make it easier when they only start running their mouth mid match.

I think it's a particular important feature to include for me. I'm one of those people where trash talk - or any mic chatter really - tends to get me unfocused and reckless even by just a bit. The only exception to this really is playing with friends.

Also obviously just wanna avoid instances like the one I just experienced that were legitimately toxic.

av2k

Hey guys, I have had this game since launch but... I just read somewhere that this game does not support SLI? Anyone know a way to force SLI 970s?

patchday

Thanks I'll check my NAT Type later.

Can you send me that link? Trying to get NAT 1 and been running into issues, worth a shot.

Yeah checkout post #7. If you only game on the ps4 you can just set it for IP passthrough. If you have multiple consoles, hook up a different router that is set for ip passthrough

This the only way I've been able to get this Att router to behave properly and let me achieve NAT 1 open rating. Now I can talk to anyone on ps4 in chat. Previously, all the time I couldn't hear my fellow gaffers for nothing. Also, now when I boot up CoD: AW it displays I'm "NAT 1". When you're not set to open, a lot of games claim the user can encounter various network issues [edit] For example, Bungie highly recommends users be NAT 1

Btw, let me know how smooth your experiences are once you hit NAT 1. I have no problems with online play but I don't play that much online.

Demoskinos

Does mileena's ethereal variation have any good uses? It seems cool but I'm not sure what the vanish stuff does. Can projectiles go through her? Can she dodge physical attacks with it?

And what do the ex variations do just armor? They didn't seem any quicker on startup or anything.

Garlador

Does mileena's ethereal variation have any good uses? It seems cool but I'm not sure what the vanish stuff does. Can projectiles go through her? Can she dodge physical attacks with it?

And what do the ex variations do just armor? They didn't seem any quicker on startup or anything.

I'm fairly certain you can "phase" through projectiles, and even through your opponent. At least, it seemed to do that when I tried her out (I tend to stick with "Piercing" for her though).

zlatko

Banned
I've narrowed myself down to 2 characters in order to stick with one as a main.

Kitana Assassin
Kung Jin Trolljitsu

I think Kung will get nerfed and he isn't cool enough style wise to stick with if he does get a significant nerf like the community is asking for.

Kitana will probably go unchanged in patches. I like her combos. Damage. Looks cool in her main outfit. Sharpening is a cool mechanic to master too.

So hard to give up brain dead 40% though...

Manu

One of my friends started maining Bojutsu Kung Jin. Ugh.

I swear, whenever I have to fight against one my mind goes blank. They just drain whatever desire I have to play. At this point it's just "okay, get it over quick."

I swear, whenever I have to fight against one my mind goes blank. They just drain whatever desire I have to play. At this point it's just "okay, get it over quick."

My friend yells "BOJUTSU!" with every attack, it makes me laugh everytime for some reason

zlatko

Banned

If he's just dialing a combo and running on auto pilot it's easy to stop.

His main combo is back 2, 1, 4(this will hit low) cancelled into down back 3(if he does ex version and he's glowing white as he spins around with the staff the last hit hits over head).

That's it.

If he's smart of course he'll mix things up all over the place. If he's just doing that though and random dive kicks here and there, you should be able to take him without issue.

Keep in mind if he's being pressure on his wake up and has meter he'll burn an ex bow swing to armor through so pressure with neutral jumps or jump over so he whiffs and wastes a bar.

Top Bottom