• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Marvel

could never
Kitana's new in-air X-Ray will look slick as fuck.

I was going to start training with Reptile soon anyway, klassic skin and bojutsu nerf has sped it up lol.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Kitana's new in-air X-Ray will look slick as fuck.

I was going to start training with Reptile soon anyway klassic skin and bojutsu nerf has sped it up lol.

Yeah, I think that's my plan.

Oh wait, I'm on PC.

Probably have a month to go, lol.

Ferrio

Banned
"Demon Spawn’s cooldown is no longer reset when a Bat attack hits the opponent."

So Quan chi useless now? Man talk about rocking the boat on a lot of characters really early into the game.

Unicorn

I'm assuming the reptile skin is gonna be a recolor of the Sub skin? I'm hoping it is of better quality, but that's silly of me.

Ermac classic next please.

Zomba13

I'm assuming the reptile skin is gonna be a recolor of the Sub skin? I'm hoping it is of better quality, but that's silly of me.

I'm not really a fan of the Klassic skins. They just look rubbery. Like I expect the material to be cloth or something but the look like rubber. I liked the MK9 Klassic Ninja skins better even if they looked like a quilt.

Manu

Yes please.

I hope they do different classic skins. Like, Sub got a UMK3 one, Reptile could get a MK1 one, Ermac MK2 and such. But I know it's not gonna happen.

Sephzilla

The SZ classic skin is awful because it just looks, i dunno, 'painted on' in terms of looks. plus its MK3 SZ which is the worst looking classic look

Grimsen

Found this on TYM

CE_cgieWoAMJ4Ji.jpg

Not what I expected, but I like it.

Unicorn

Found this on TYM

CE_cgieWoAMJ4Ji.jpg

Not what I expected, but I like it.
Looks better. What bothered me most about Sub besides the texture or sheen was the mouth covering looked too big or tall. This, keeping Rep proportions and shape, looks a lot better. The terrible rubber paddy torso section is still blech

vg260

Not gonna lie, as a Reptile main seeing that skin makes me REALLY happy.

Reptile's who I planned to use since this game was announced (assuming he'd be in) and I love the ones already out. I'm indifferent but glad others got a classic.

Matchmaking improvements when finding a Ranked or Player Match.
Player Skill Rating algorithm improved.

I hope this actually works. It's been a huge issue for me so far and I have a horrible record to prove it.

Unicorn

*shrug* why are they using the MK3/MK4 variants :(

oh well i guess i cant complain too much, at least there are some classic skins
Yeah, If they were going to do the MK3 costume for all Klassics, at least do a good job on the "material" of them. Torso sections are oddly proportioned and the Sub-Zero mouth-mask was hella cheap. Also, I haven't noticed that they take battle damage like normal costumes.

Actually, battle damage seems significantly tamer this time around compared to MK9, which is sort of jarring considering most fatalities are more ridiculous and gruesome.

El Ermaco
Replace his energy balls with La Chanclas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMij9AKLvog
Not gonna lie, as a Reptile main seeing that skin makes me REALLY happy.

It's a good compromise since they really are balls-deep into reptile being full-blown reptile in full reptilian pride.

Sephzilla

Actually, battle damage seems significantly tamer this time around compared to MK9, which is sort of jarring considering most fatalities are more ridiculous and gruesome.

yeah i noticed that too. it's kind of weird. I thought MK9's fatalities were kind of tame but the battle damage in matches were surprisingly brutal. MKX its the opposite where battle damage is tame and a lot of the fatalities are gut wrenching.

Unicorn

yeah i noticed that too. it's kind of weird. I thought MK9's fatalities were kind of tame but the battle damage in matches were surprisingly brutal. MKX its the opposite where battle damage is tame and a lot of the fatalities are gut wrenching.

The skin ripping fatalities in 9 were awesome. I really wanted Goro to have a skin-ripping fatality since Sheeva isn't here to represent.

FranXico

Some pics of the new costumes.

There is also a weird Mexican Kung Lao thing, and a MK1 Kano.

They all looked terrible, and were given to characters who already have way too many costumes.

Are those costumes meant to be unlocked via mobile?

They all looked terrible, and were given to characters who already have way too many costumes.

LOL the MK1 Liu Kang is actually MK2 Liu Kang.

Still, freaking awesome that we're seeing some non-ninja classic costumes.

bishopp35

Is there a reason for the Brazilian theme?

Kitana got a new move, I hope it's an overhead.

RM8

Do whatever you need to do with Kitana but don't make her OP, pls. I enjoy that she's not too over used :p

That Kung Lao is Argentinian BTW.

Xevren

Quan chi bat summon now has a timer? If that's the case then I'm dropping quan

I feel like he was meant to have a timer, because it's in effect when you miss with it but on hit/block you could call it immediately. Seems fair to me. A lot of characters that have a unique ability like that have a timer associated with it, all good in my book for the utility it gives him.

Arttemis

Why do their Klassic skins have to look so undetailed? The new Reptile skin looks 10x better than the Sub Zero skin, though.

But WTF, 'Gaucho' Kung Lao???

stn

-The costumes are not part of the Kombat Pack
-I remember reading that there was going to be a Brazil Pack

MK1 Sonya is looking good, same with Kano! Seems like they went for MK2 Liu Kang, I'm fine with that. His MK1 look was way too plain. I'd like to see some alts for the new characters, specifically Kotal.

Top Bottom