• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

stn

Cybernetic Kano. Easy combos, good projectile, has a air ball for anti-zoning, and good footsies. And yes, people will abuse stuff if you don't counter it properly. Crouch under Jacqui's fire, walk forward and crouch again. Prepare to block when she has meter in case she does EX machine gun. Make her waste meter. Congratulations, you've just figured out the majority of Jacqui players online.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Online been hell for me the last 3 days. It's like the entire community jumped to ssj3 and I'm still ssj1. Maybe my reaction time has slowed or something. Every time I think I'm tournament ready I get my ass whipped like I ain't been putting in work since release. Shit stressful bruh. Sorry for bitching. I know I gotta get good or go home.

Xevren

Online been hell for me the last 3 days. It's like the entire community jumped to ssj3 and I'm still ssj1. Maybe my reaction time has slowed or something. Every time I think I'm tournament ready I get my ass whipped like I ain't been putting in work since release. Shit stressful bruh. Sorry for bitching. I know I gotta get good or go home.

Honestly I would just suggest trying to go to a tourney regardless. If you can meet people in your local area to play more regularly it's INFINITELY better than playing online. First tourney I went to around here I did pretty bad but it was worth it to make friends in the scene. Do it, seriously!

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Shinnok, liu kang, ferra/torr, and Jason didn't need any buffs. Omg lol.

Can't wait to test this stuff out once I get off.

Reule

Klassic Skin is Scorpion

Ermacs cry till next compatibility patch.

Kind of sad that the Dillon/Carl Weathers Skin has metal arms. I could understand one arm as a joke but not sure what could've been done. I'm guessing that means Klassic Jax will be from MK3.

It's the Predator compatibility patch. Also here's Infrared Scorpion. Don't know what the hell they were thinking

http://i.imgur.com/vnpVeVL.jpg
That looks awesome. I wonder if it changes during gameplay and or with variations.

Xevren

Really liking these Reptile changes, even though they don't really document the important parts in it.

Scariest part of this patch? Flame fist Liu Kang. Holy shit, he's a chip god.

mkx-johnnycage-commando.jpg

DR2K

Banned
Kitana – now pokes out with a fan in Punishing Poke (Down + FP)
Kitana - Rising Blades can now be special move 2in1’d out of on hit
Kitana - 2nd fan in enhanced Fan Toss is now a mid block
Kitana - Back Slash (Towards + FP) is now -9 on block (down from -34) +5 on hit (up from -20) and has 25 less recovery frames
Kitana - Learn Respect combo (Towards + FP, FP) is now -2 on block (down from -1FP) +6 on hit (up from -3) and has 9 less recovery frames
Kitana - Fake Out combo (BP, FP) is now +2 on block (down from -12)
Kitana - increased damage on Fan-Tastic combo (BP, FP, BP) by 4 and is now -3 on block (down from -10)
Kitana - Fan Swipe (Towards + BP) is now -6 on block (down from -18) +8 on hit (up from -14) and has 12 less recovery frames
Kitana - Gut Gash combo (Towards + BP, BP) -6 on block (down from -17) and has 9 less recovery frames
Kitana - increased combo damage scaling after Rightful Heir combo (Towards + BK, FK)
Kitana (Royal Storm) - Square Boost & Square Wave are now a hard knockdown
Kitana (Assassin) - reduced meter gain from parry
Kitana (Assassin) - Princess Parry startup is now 7 (down from 18)
Kitana (Mournful) - easier to juggle combo after Air Glaive Throw and Air Glaive Return
Kitana (Mournful) - Shadow Kick & Eclipse Kick startup is 12 (down from 14)

Holy fuck at the buffs. Kitana is the most buffed character in series history. Still no overhead worth shit.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
New hidden X-Ray Brutality for Erron Black
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irpdFh0Pz3k

There's also a new stage brutality done with Shao Kahn's hammer in Quan Chi's fortress

Seems like they added klassic fatalities for Scorpion,Sub-Zero,Sonya and Johnny Cage in the latest patch, which will probably be sold separately after Predator releases

stn

^Where did you see that? It seems they've been following the horror - classic - horror - classic release format for the characters. There was also a Predator compatibility patch released. I think Tremor is coming last.

bumpkin

New hidden X-Ray Brutality for Erron Black
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irpdFh0Pz3k

There's also a new stage brutality done with Shao Kahn's hammer in Quan Chi's fortress

Seems like they added klassic fatalities for Scorpion,Sub-Zero,Sonya and Johnny Cage in the latest patch, which will probably be sold separately after Predator releases
Say wha?! Where's your proof?

If so, super psyched about that; provided they look good of course.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
how is the pc port now ? im gathering the netcode is utter shit but im not fussed about playing it online on pc :p

Finally got the Respected Fighter trophy, woohoo!

Seems like it's gonna take a hell of a lot of grinding to get to level 65 though, I'm at 59 and a whole nights playing only seems to gain me half a level.
I've got my icons etc set to gain me 575xp per match but it's still so slow.
Any tips on how to level up faster?

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
how is the pc port now ? im gathering the netcode is utter shit but im not fussed about playing it online on pc :p

Biggest two issues:

1) player pool has dropped so it can take a while to find a match.

2) display driver crashes for Nvidia graphics cards. Results in a crash to desktop.

Second issue will hopefully be addressed in a patch, although last two patches haven't addressed it.

Finally got the Respected Fighter trophy, woohoo!

Seems like it's gonna take a hell of a lot of grinding to get to level 65 though, I'm at 59 and a whole nights playing only seems to gain me half a level.
I've got my icons etc set to gain me 575xp per match but it's still so slow.
Any tips on how to level up faster?

Two players, kustom kombat

Any thoughts on CEO?

Nice to see Sonic Fox not completely dominate the tournament, getting tired of Tempest Lao, wish there was more Flame Fist Kang, and nice to see MIT and DJT pick counters to each other (rather than sit through another Lao/Tanya matchup.)

Wish there was more competitive Jason.

Top Bottom