• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Nice to see Sonic Fox not completely dominate the tournament, getting tired of Tempest Lao, wish there was more Flame Fist Kang, and nice to see MIT and DJT pick counters to each other (rather than sit through another Lao/Tanya matchup.)

Wish there was more competitive Jason.

All of this except Jason can get tossed in the bushes and I hope they nerf the hell out of Tanya so that evo isn't Tanya fest 2. I would also like to see a mileena player make it to the top 8 in one of these events.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Some predator vids are coming about, guess you can fight him on some towers on xbox one or something.

PWgyPLW.gif

Thoughts on CEO? Tanya is about to get clipped hard, hell even Sonicfox is going in on twitter saying it needs to be done. It's gonna be like Scorpion in Injustice all over again. The top 8 yesterday was largely awful to watch.

Here's a gif of predators launcher that hurts himself too.

Looks really cool. Looks like he charged himself up before doing that launcher.

vg260

Thoughts on CEO? Tanya is about to get clipped hard, hell even Sonicfox is going in on twitter saying it needs to be done. It's gonna be like Scorpion in Injustice all over again. The top 8 yesterday was largely awful to watch.

Interesting. I didn't catch it, but if that's the case, then that's fine. The DLC characters had less time in the oven.

I'm actually OK with how NR patches their games given the fact that WB is the publisher. At some point not too long after release support gets dropped hard. There's apparently not really a huge window to balance after launch going by previous game support. It's not like SF/Capcom in that regard given their release patterns. I don't see WB caring enough to keep funding re-balancing after a year.

That's why I roll my eyes whenever I watch the UltraChen stream and hear them complaining about NR doing more balancing. NR/WB is a different situation. The game hasn't been out three months yet and new characters are still coming out. If people don't like it and drop the game as a result, then that's on them. Not to mention MK has a huge casual fanbase where no one cares about tournaments. I like the developer actively working on the game balance after release while they still can.

Injustice getting dropped I feel like was due to people just not digging the game/IP as much as MK. It's a shame because it ended up much better in terms of balance than when it first lanuched. If MK is only going to get balancing support for six months before they have to drop it for developing Injustice 2, by all means go crazy for six months with balancing so the game has a 2-year lifespan afterwards.

Maybe MK will be different and WB wants to keep it more relevant longer. Who knows.

Xevren

I love the patches, they just need to watch what they're doing with teleport characters. It's been a problem every game and look what we have now? Tanya doing that shit. Crowd at CEO had more fun counting the teleports she was doing than watching the actual match.

Reptile got some good buffs, Kitana actually has pokes worth a damn now. I don't like the nerf to dvorahs run cancel since she wasn't really plus after doing them but whatever.

vg260

Predator looks really good. They really stepped it up in character animation. At this point, I'd love for them to just put out Freddy again just to get both him and Jason in there.

I don't like the nerf to dvorahs run cancel since she wasn't really plus after doing them but whatever.

She was(and still is) after f+1,1,2. After that she was so plus her overhead or low where guaranteed. You had to either take the hit or guess 50/50. Now the overhead is not but the low is with extremely tight timing.

Reule

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oku7acLB0wE Predator's 1st Fatality really, really sucks. I may dislike it more than Jason's Sleeping Bag Fatality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LZjuRsVhZ8 Predator's 2nd Fatality on the other hand, is just amazing.

That's so awesome. I'm really happy how they've treated Predator. They did great with Jason but they seem to have gone the extra mile for Predator.

I haven't played in over a month..yeesh. Never even redeem my kombat pass. When is Tremor coming?
After Predator. No date but they seem to release these characters monthly. Sometime in August, most likely.

bumpkin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oku7acLB0wE Predator's 1st Fatality really, really sucks. I may dislike it more than Jason's Sleeping Bag Fatality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LZjuRsVhZ8 Predator's 2nd Fatality on the other hand, is just amazing.
The first video is broken ("Removed due to copyright") but the second still works... I did find a video with the first fatality at the end. I don't know what's better about the second one. The first one has one of those little touches I enjoy so much about some of the fatalities in MKX
dead/crazy eyes and contorted expressions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7Q68wNx_YU

Reule

The first video is broken ("Removed due to copyright") but the second still works... I did find a video with the first fatality at the end. I don't know what's better about the second one. The first one has one of those little touches I enjoy so much about some of the fatalities in MKX
dead/crazy eyes and contorted expressions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7Q68wNx_YU
I'm actually warming up to it now, especially after what you wrote. Kind of a knee jerk reaction to the fatality on my part. I do still enjoy the second one more because it's more of an homage to the original movie and is a bit more elaborate.

So good. I can't freakin' wait.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
That first predator fatality made me itch. Fist time I've ever been a little grossed out by a fatality. It was the slits in the brain texture that got to me.

Honestly, I don't like any of his Fatalities. The second is cool in that it's a refrence, but it just doesn't work. It's so slow in the way it happens. Plus, why would the stomach be shot out first, should have been the arm first.

It doesn't bother me since Brutalities are on the rage right now and feel so much better to perform. They're also really awesome. Definitely going to perform the suicide brutality (Warrior variant). Lol

stn

The title of the video is click-bait. I (wrongfully) assumed the vid had footage of the Predator leak and an actual breakdown of everything.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I'm 225-125 on PC, but I still don't think I'm a good player (main is Erron Black). In a lot of my matches I just get completely destroyed. I find it very difficult to respond to constant pressure players who use Jax, Kung Lao, Raiden, and Flamefist Lui Kang. I just can't interrupt their relentless strings. I really need to step up my use of pokes (D1 or D3) then convert to something meaningful. Or just get better at spacing. This big weakness in my game is really preventing me from getting to the next level.

vg260

Tanya nuked. Kitana gets more buffs. NRS doing the lords work.

How reasonable are all of these? I haven't played much since Jason came out.

Also, cue everyone complaining about too many patches. I'd rather we get them now while we can than get left with a game with major balance issues a year later because they waited to long and had to move on.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
So no Liu Kang Dragon fatality, no Quan Chi leg stomp and no Kano heart rip. Kinda disappointed that they decided to include generic fatalities like Jax's Arm split and and Kitana's fan decapitation

DR2K

Banned
How reasonable are all of these? I haven't played much since Jason came out.

Also, cue everyone complaining about too many patches. I'd rather we get them now while we can than get left with a game with major balance issues a year later because they waited to long and had to move on.

You won't see a top 8 full of Tanya's for EVO. No invincibility on her teleports and has more landing frames and teleport combos get nerfed. As far as I know she still has her Tonfa block stun strings so that's a really good tool.

Honestly, I don't like any of his Fatalities. The second is cool in that it's a refrence, but it just doesn't work. It's so slow in the way it happens. Plus, why would the stomach be shot out first, should have been the arm first.

It doesn't bother me since Brutalities are on the rage right now and feel so much better to perform. They're also really awesome. Definitely going to perform the suicide brutality (Warrior variant). Lol

Pretty sure its in reference to Jesse Venturas death in the movie which happened first.

Reule

Happy with MK3 Kung Lao and Jax. I sort of wish they did MK2 Jax just so there was a skin without the metal arms. Could make the variations show on his little gauntlets or something. Oh, well!

About Predator's 2nd Fatality, it looks like a triple reference kill. 1987 Spoilers ahead.
Blain was shot in the chest, Dillon's arm was shot off (but was finished off with wrist blades), and Mac's head was blown to smithereens.
Which are the best Predator related deaths in the film, imo.

Guys how do you unlock the new fatalities? You should perform them with Klassic skins only?
If you're talking about the Klassic Fatalities then they're DLC. You unlock them with money. :p

Top Bottom