• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

kriskrosbbk

Happy with MK3 Kung Lao and Jax. I sort of wish they did MK2 Jax just so there was a skin without the metal arms. Could make the variations show on his little gauntlets or something. Oh, well!

About Predator's 2nd Fatality, it looks like a triple reference kill. 1987 Spoilers ahead.
Blain was shot in the chest, Dillon's arm was shot off (but was finished off with wrist blades), and Mac's head was blown to smithereens.
Which are the best Predator related deaths in the film, imo.

If you're talking about the Klassic Fatalities then they're DLC. You unlock them with money. :p

lol. are they live?

Reule

lol. are they live?
Which? Predator content will be tomorrow for Kombat Pack and then a week later for everyone else. Klassic Skins are coming with Tremor. They just have files patched into the game now so you're able to see them in your Kollection. Klassic Fatalities on the other hand...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07...or-bundle-and-klassic-fatality-pack-announced

Will be coming tomorrow! For free! Along with Kold War Scorpion. Actually surprised it's free. I figured it would've been paid DLC. Great news.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Which? Predator content will be tomorrow for Kombat Pack and then a week later for everyone else. Klassic Skins are coming with Tremor. They just have files patched into the game now so you're able to see them in your Kollection. Klassic Fatalities on the other hand...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07...or-bundle-and-klassic-fatality-pack-announced

Will be coming tomorrow! For free! Along with Kold War Scorpion. Actually surprised it's free. I figured it would've been paid DLC. Great news.

Guess WB couldn't handle all the bad PR they got from their DLC practices for this game so they were forced to hand them out for free.

Really hope that they are working on a second pack of DLC characters

Reule

Guess WB couldn't handle all the bad PR they got from their DLC practices for this game so they were forced to hand them out for free.

Really hope that they are working on a second pack of DLC characters
Possible. In any case, I won't have to spend a penny. Hopefully the second Klassic Fatalities pack will also be free.

I hope they are working on another pack as well.

malfcn

Tremor looks like a lazy design. His chest texture is just mirrored.
And I heard Infrared Scorpion (another skin?) looks like Predator vision..how obnoxious is that going to be?

vg260

And I heard Infrared Scorpion (another skin?) looks like Predator vision..how obnoxious is that going to be?

Fun idea in concept, but going to be awful in-game.

Predator looks great though. I hate guest characters normally, but they did a great job with these. So much better than Freddy in MK9. I actually want another pack with Alien and Freddy just to get those matchups.

Pleasantly surprised they're giving more free stuff too. I expect the gold Scorpion to be paid layer probably.

Edit: New content popping up in Xbox now. Don't forget to download the free stuff.
and yeah, infrared Scorpion is probably the worst fighting game alt of all time.

BadAss2961

When are they gonna roll out the next batch of costumes that the last patch prepared? Will the kombat pack cover them?

Sick of Quan Chi only having two costumes.

vg260

When are they gonna roll out the next batch of costumes that the last patch prepared? Will the kombat pack cover them?

Jax, Quan Chi, and Kung Lao classic alts come out with Tremor. So likely next month. The Kombat pack covers them.

Been debating on picking up Quan Chi because of his klassic MK4 costume. Honestly, it was always my favorite look for him.

stn

Anyone else not able to download Predator on XBox? I have the Kombat Pack but he's not appearing anywhere.

BadAss2961

Haven't played this in a while, did they fix the Quan-Chi blood shower brutality? As you can see Quan-Chi is off center and it's pissing me off lol. I swear he was standing dead-center under the portal up until some patch messed him up.
Yeah, it's fixed now. First it only used to go off-center in certain situations, then it started happening every time, now the portal seems to auto-correct itself to always center under Quan Chi.
Been debating on picking up Quan Chi because of his klassic MK4 costume. Honestly, it was always my favorite look for him.

I want the MK9 armorless Quan Chi. It would be a great look with these graphics.

jg4xchamp

Not sure if this is the thread to ask, but is the PC version of MKX fixed?

I don't own an arcade stick for my PS4, so I'd rather get it on PC.

Xevren

Jesus Predator is awesome but his scaling seems kinda weird. You can get some pretty nuts damage that isn't really that difficult.

Sub Zero

Is Predator going to be banned at EVO?

Not sure if this is the thread to ask, but is the PC version of MKX fixed?

I don't own an arcade stick for my PS4, so I'd rather get it on PC.

Not yet, but reportedly WB has hired QLOC to fix it, so it may be on par with consoles pretty soon. I wouldn't recommend getting it on PC though if you're interested in online play, the community is pretty dead.

Xevren

Is Predator going to be banned at EVO?

Not yet, but reportedly WB has hired QLOC to fix it, so it may be on par with consoles pretty soon. I wouldn't recommend getting it on PC though if you're interested in online play, the community is pretty dead.

Predator isn't allowed at EVO, they made that decision awhile back.

Triz

I downloaded the dlc and it corrupted my ps4 data. Had to re download everything including the patch after a delete. First ps4 game to do that to me. Still I liked the ending for predator.

bumpkin

Predator is awesome.

Also, I love how they kept the original inputs for the klassic fatalities.
Sweet! Can't wait to check them out. I was wondering whether or not they'd change them and if they'd even be readable on the command list outright or would require unlocks somehow.

pahamrick

Story cutscenes STILL way too dark on PC, lighting / gamma for fighting / cutscenes all screwed up and don't match like they do on PS4 (Judging by youtube videos I watched.)

This is ridiculous.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone performed the X-Ray brutality with Predator? Command is hold down during X-ray "Anytime" but it wont work for me.

Reule

Predator is a lot of fun. I'm bouncing between Warrior and Hish-Qu-Ten for now. I would've liked Hunter more if Predator has it's Net Launcher but I guess they didn't want it be like Cyrax's Energy Net. Predator looks damn good in the game though. There is a glitch with Jason during his intro if he's dragging his random female victim. Instead of a red blood trail it's green.

I thought kold war scorpion came with the fatality dlc? And why can't I do Jax and Kitana klassics?
I don't know what's up with Kold War Scorpion. I thought it was going to release yesterday as well. As for Jax and Kitana, that's going to be in a separate Klassic Fatalities pack coming out at a later date. It'll include Jax, Kitana, Kung Lao, and Mileena.

Word from the Pros is that the Hunter Variation is THE variation, particularly regarding his corner trap potential (which is said to be far stronger than Sub-Zero's). I say this as someone who doesn't play anywhere near the competitive level to really care, heh.

Predator is a lot of fun. I'm bouncing between Warrior and Hish-Qu-Ten for now. I would've liked Hunter more if Predator has it's Net Launcher but I guess they didn't want it be like Cyrax's Energy Net. Predator looks damn good in the game though. There is a glitch with Jason during his intro if he's dragging his random female victim. Instead of a red blood trail it's green.

I don't know what's up with Kold War Scorpion. I thought it was going to release yesterday as well. As for Jax and Kitana, that's going to be in a separate Klassic Fatalities pack coming out at a later date. It'll include Jax, Kitana, Kung Lao, and Mileena.

So who got there klassics this pack? I know Subs and Scorp go theirs.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Word from the Pros is that the Hunter Variation is THE variation, particularly regarding his corner trap potential (which is said to be far stronger than Sub-Zero's). I say this as someone who doesn't play anywhere near the competitive level to really care, heh.

Tru3talent, who's not a pro but pretty good (like 90% win rate or something), prefers Hish-Qu-Ten.

Tru3talent, who's not a pro but pretty good (like 90% win rate or something), prefers Hish-Qu-Ten.

I guess we'll see, but seems like Tom Brady and Sonicfox both prefer Hunter. Sonicfox said something to the effect of "having only played Hunter Predator for 1 hour, I already know he's broken." I tend to trust what that guy has to say.

Sub Zero

Pretty sure that Predator also has a hidden Brutality from his 3 2 1+3 combo. No idea on how to trigger it

MissChief

Anyone performed the X-Ray brutality with Predator? Command is hold down during X-ray "Anytime" but it wont work for me.

You need to press and hold down before you trigger the X-RAY. Once X-Ray is triggered, you can release the down button.

Here is a vid that shows the Predators X-Ray,Brutalities and Fatalities.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QZ9tFT4jXc
His brutalities are the best ones yet.

I totally agree, his fatalities are lame, but his brutalities are the best in Mortal Kombat X.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I guess we'll see, but seems like Tom Brady and Sonicfox both prefer Hunter. Sonicfox said something to the effect of "having only played Hunter Predator for 1 hour, I already know he's broken." I tend to trust what that guy has to say.

lol, who is this "sonicfox?" Sounds like he's into furry role play or something.

Top Bottom