• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Yomi's pre-EVO tier list:

1.) Kung Lao
2.) Tanya
3.) Raiden
4.) Quan Chi
5.) D'Vorah
6.) Jax
7.) Shinnok
8.) Cassie Cage
9.) Erron Black
10.) Sonya Blade
11.) Sub-Zero
12.) Kung Jin
13.) Scorpion
14.) Kenshi
15.) Kano
16.) Johnny Cage
17.) Ermac
18.) Kitana
19.) Ferra / Torr
20.) Liu Kang
21.) Kotal Kahn
22.) Reptile
23.) Mileena
24.) Jason
25.) Takeda
26.) Jacqui
27.) Goro

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Holy shit Tom Brady doing first to five against Neto. If Tom wins, Neto shuts his steam down. On now!

Hey, picked this up on a whim via digital download and am now wondering what I may have missed in terms of game manual?

Not sure the Xbox has the best controller for this but it's a lot of fun so far

Anybody else that has the PDP MKX pad? Mine has seen some moderate use since release, and the 'a' button used to double input, but only in menus. Since this week I have also been having double input issues with 'b' button, and hence when I play Kenshi he will always do the b,b,x string rather than the b,y,x string. Anybody find a way to fix this?

Also, how am I seeing people stream and having smooth gameplay? I am playing on cable, open NAT and everything and the online is downright terrible. It's always with massive input delay and even the three and four (green) bars are downright treacherous.

bumpkin

The Klassic fatalities aren't unlocked for me. Are they attached to a specific pack?
You have to go in to the online store and "buy" them. They're free, but require you to manually go get 'em. Kind of silly IMO, but whatever.

The inputs seem to be a mish-mash of MK1 and MK2 inputs, not really sure why; especially when they're the MK1 finishers. Off the top of my head, these are the ones I can remember (PS4 version). Someone can correct me if I'm wrong about any of them.

Cage's: F, F, D, U (close)
Sub-Zero's: F, D, F, Triangle (close)
Scorpion's: U, U, Triangle (mid)

I can't recall Sonya's, but I can tell you for sure it's not B, B, F, F, BL like in MK1.

Reule

Really enjoying the MKX Comic. I hope Reiko, Fujin, Havik, and someone else from the comic end up as DLC.

Guys I have downloaded the latest patch and the prey pack ,still my Klassic fatalities are locked.What should I do?
There is a Klassic Fatalities pack. You need to download that too.

kriskrosbbk

Is this on the PSN store? I swear I dont see it .UK PSN btw

I am desperate,I dont see them on the ingame store,neither via the PSN store app on my PS4 .
Just tried on my PC and they are nowhere to be found. I tried with typing Klassic,tried to browse all add ons under MKX,nothing . Can you paste me the link to them ?

Xevren

I am desperate,I dont see them on the ingame store,neither via the PSN store app on my PS4 .
Just tried on my PC and they are nowhere to be found. I tried with typing Klassic,tried to browse all add ons under MKX,nothing . Can you paste me the link to them ?

Shows up as Mortal Kombat X Klassic Fatalities 1. Doubt it helps since it's the US store but here's the link here https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/mortal-kombat-x-klassic-fatalities-1/cid=UP1018-CUSA00967_00-KLASSICFATALITY1?emcid=ps-ga-873&utm_medium=Paid_Search_{ps}&utm_campaign=Games&utm_source=Bing&utm_term=ps-ga-873&utm_content=Brand

stn

Would anyone be willing to help me get the Johnny Cage hotshot costume? XBone. I'm willing to help in return, of course! And also play real matches after everyone involved has gotten the skin. Please let me know, would be greatly appreciated.

I just came in to ask this - I presume it's just EU PSN being as shit as ever. I'm a Rocksmith player so my patience with EU PSN/DLC has been completely eroded. My title screen also keeps telling me various free 'klassic' skins are available, such as reptile and ermac, for free but they don't appear in the store?

I only got the game at the weekend, and having a good time with it (even though i'm terrible at it).

Reule

HQ pics of Tremor's fatalities and Brutalities
http://imgur.com/a/6pdCj

I think he will end up being my favorite DLC character if the all the leaked info about him is true
Damn! Yeah, Tremor has me excited. It'd be nice to see something at EVO about him. Might be a bit early but with it being the biggest fighting game event and all, I'd like to think we'd get something. I'm also hoping for future DLC news past Tremor.

Nyx

I just came in to ask this - I presume it's just EU PSN being as shit as ever. I'm a Rocksmith player so my patience with EU PSN/DLC has been completely eroded. My title screen also keeps telling me various free 'klassic' skins are available, such as reptile and ermac, for free but they don't appear in the store?

I only got the game at the weekend, and having a good time with it (even though i'm terrible at it).

Same here, I bought Predator today but the klassic fatalities and klassic Ermac/Reptile skins are nowhere to be found in the EU store. :(

I am really struggling to pick a main in this game - I like so many of the characters

Picking a main and then a fighting style which is my favourite with them is so hard

I am doing the tutorial and am stuck on the move which is:
<-x,y,<-->b

So I am curious - is there a difference in button input response time on Xbox and ps4? Just can't get it to register at all! Blaming myself more than the controller here but I am curious.

Any advice would be great - I googled and found a thread advising that the player jams the buttons as fast as possible - which for me just doesn't seem to work - I have to press y twice and it doesn't register till the second time I hit it

I am doing the tutorial and am stuck on the move which is:
<-x,y,<-->b

So I am curious - is there a difference in button input response time on Xbox and ps4? Just can't get it to register at all! Blaming myself more than the controller here but I am curious.

Any advice would be great - I googled and found a thread advising that the player jams the buttons as fast as possible - which for me just doesn't seem to work - I have to press y twice and it doesn't register till the second time I hit it

Try turning Release Check off in your controller config.

Reule

Tremor Kombat Kast coming Tuesday, July 21st - https://twitter.com/noobde/status/621808413052243969

...with strong hint that more characters are coming after (or as part of) the Kombat Pack.

Hinted at Tremor trailer coming Sunday as well - https://twitter.com/noobde/status/621810925184507904
Weird. I'm hoping that means he'll be out next Tuesday but they normally have a Kombat Kast the Monday before, not on the same day as a character's Kombat Pack release. I'm all for it though, get him in and start revealing new characters!

Interesting how the comic is wrapping up very soon and that we may be getting news about more characters. :p

Edit: Preview look at Klassic Fatalities Pack 2

From the video's description, looks like High Voltage put the data for the fatalities in the recent PC patch.

Gurrry

Have the game on xb1 but was thinking about double dipping and getting the PC version. Have the issues on PC been fixed or is it still a mess?

Have the game on xb1 but was thinking about double dipping and getting the PC version. Have the issues on PC been fixed or is it still a mess?

I mean, if you can get a good price on it, go for it. But don't jump in for the online play. I played some KOTH this morning, and the netcode is still pretty garbage.

Gurrry

I mean, if you can get a good price on it, go for it. But don't jump in for the online play. I played some KOTH this morning, and the netcode is still pretty garbage.

Man that sucks because its whats keeping me from truly enjoying my xb1 version. Even the gamespy servers on mk9 werent this bad. :/

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I can't download the Klassic Fatalities pack here in Australia, it's not on the store at all.

Yeah, all PAL countries got screwed and haven't received the Klassic fatalities yet. Hopefully, we will get them this week along with the second pack

Stackboy

Yeah, all PAL countries got screwed and haven't received the Klassic fatalities yet. Hopefully, we will get them this week along with the second pack

Oh good to know, thanks. At least I can stop looking now.

Anyone watch a Evo MKX top 8 and final? I found an archive to watch later.

Soo I own the Kombat Pass on xbone and Goro and Jason downloaded automatically. However, Predator and Tanya are showing up as costing $4.99. What gives?

EDIT: Nvm, it's just all glitchy. Worked after a couple tries :) Can't wait to try out Tremor, he looks awesome.

Reule

Tremor looks like a lot of fun. I'm digging his new design. I'm happy they aren't waiting till August to release him too. Makes me think we'll hear something about new DLC characters on the Kombat Kast tomorrow.

Top Bottom