• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Why the hell couldn't we just do a proper preload?

I upgraded my internet to 100Mbps this month and I was rubbing my hands over that download. Look a couple minutes later and its done with 3gb

OmegaDL50

Damn I wish there was Shirai Ryu faction.

I have no idea what faction to decide on. I don't even know if this one of those things once I decide on that can't be changed later.

drotahorror

How do I get Goro on PSN? I preordered the premium edition a while ago on PSN. My friend preordered the normal edition today and got a Goro download. I never did though.

So are Mk games mostly played with pads or sticks? I did a quick Google search and it sounds like the games are made with pads in mind, but I'm still unsure. Is there even a standard button layout for sticks?

You can play with the standard MK motions, or QC movements

Damn, thought I'd get to decide what faction I wanted later. Who is everyone picking?

White Lotus.

Joined White Lotus. Game looks gorgeous.

Only single player fight and training available.

You chose wisely.

Slaythe

I am in France , with region locked US copy.

Somehow online has been playable. Not good compared to other fighters but absolutely playable. Combos are doable so far.

I have extremely good net.

first match was :
2f45592d40e913ceec38792e6b7b6ef6.png

A-V-B

Haha, I tried to start the program and it crashed HARD. Black screen. I couldn't even ctrlaltdelete, and on Windows 7 that's a hell of an accomplishment.

So I booted up the game on pc. Umm whys everything aside from training/single player match locked?

The game is supposed to continue downloading after you start it except it doesn't. Can't do anything other than flip through some of the menu right now.

It's still installing the rest of the game. It's a new steam feature. Play while you download.

Whatever initiates the download isn't working right now.

my game keeps crashing on character select as well. redownloaded after pre-loading anyway because it was faster than unpacking, doesn't ever seem to be dling in background. Why not give the option for the normal pre-load system :\

OmegaDL50

Well I found out something nice at least.

According to the game's built-in system check for auto configuration on video settings. Everything is pretty much set at the maximums.

So it's nice to know that I can max the game. This is a PC built in 2012 too.

i5 3570k, 8GB DDR3, HD7950.

NEO0MJ

Man, issues already starting with the PC version is not encouraging. Hope it's only because the game isn't fully downloaded.

molnizzle

So I dust off my old TE2 stick and get ready to sit down and play some MK. I go to plug it in... and the connector is some weird circular shit. I thought these were USB? WTF.

A-V-B

Well, here's some minor shit news.

You can not alt-tab out of MKX on the PC.

You can ctrl+alt+del, but MKX takes precedence over everything including task manager. That's insane.

OmegaDL50

I wish there was a progress indicator letting me know how the background download is coming along.

I have no idea if I'm downloading anything at all.

Durden77

Really excited to see the reaction to this. Loved MK9, but I have so many games to play right now I just can't buy this new. Will try to wait for the Komplete edition or whatever if people dig it.

A-V-B

I wish there was a progress indicator letting me know how the background download is coming along.

I have no idea if I'm downloading anything at all.

It says you're supposed to check download status on Steam and look for progress on "install packs" but there's nothing on Steam indicating that, and there's no way to alt+tab out in-game to check if it's downloading while you're playing.

I'm sort of afraid that they haven't actually put the content out yet, and we're all just screwing around with a menu system at this point lol

Same, crashed four times now in less then ten minutes. Can't even practice. No online available yet, either.

The issue is they tried to do whatever system they have on PS4, but without really testing it for mass use. So we have the 3 GB of default data but the rest refuses to download in the form of the DLC packs :\ Also I can Alt-Tab out fine on PC, that's strange.

vazel

Banned
I guess it doesn't matter that GMG hasn't sent out keys yet since people are having problems with the PC version. Luckily my sister bought me the game so I'm not losing out on money in case it turns out to be a shit port.

Top Bottom