• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

OmegaDL50

Is this what Diablo 3 and error 37 felt like?

I don't know because my first experience with DIII was on the console.

I can't even access practice to try out some combos.

Well, here's some minor shit news.

You can not alt-tab out of MKX on the PC.

You can ctrl+alt+del, but MKX takes precedence over everything including task manager. That's insane.

You can, it's just if the game crashes for whatever reason it won't let you.

Whelp, it's looks like it's back to streaming Jade Empire tonight.

Anyone get this game to work on xbox one? I am stuck updating can't tell if it's my hard drive or something else... :(

Yep mines been working for more than a week now.

all the people who got the game early >.>

Yep works fine - no issues so far but i guess lots of people are logging on right now?

Factions are down for everyone right?

Not for me. Lin Kwai in the lead!

Wubbys

Welp my night is ruined. Was so damn excited to play

Edit I think I just got it to run. He'll yeahh!! Let's do this. Took like 20 minutes to update.

A-V-B

You can, it's just if the game crashes for whatever reason it won't let you.

Nope, didn't crash. I was just checking my stats and decided to alt-tab to check download status.

Alt-tab technically works, but you can't see a damn thing. You have to blindly alt-tab back into MKX and quit.

galvatron

So I dust off my old TE2 stick and get ready to sit down and play some MK. I go to plug it in... and the connector is some weird circular shit. I thought these were USB? WTF.

They are, but you've misplaced the end of your cord. You only see the circular end when you take off the USB (usually by someone tripping over the cord while it's plugged in).

No BG install and crashing anytime I try to do anything aside from look at options. Why don't I learn to sit out netherealm launches...

molnizzle

They are, but you've misplaced the end of your cord. You only see the circular end when you take off the USB (usually by someone tripping over the cord while it's plugged in).

Found it in the second cable bin I busted open. So glad I never throw odd cables away.

Who's dumbass idea was it to have some non-standard port for that? It should be micro-USB or something.

Found it in the second cable bin I busted open. So glad I never throw odd cables away.

Who's dumbass idea was it to have some non-standard port for that? It should be micro-USB or something.

It's what wired xbox 360 controllers used. I think they're required to use the same cables as those and that's from like 2005 so I doubt they could use microUSB.

DTJAAAAM

Picked up the copy I pre-ordered at Best Buy a few months back, but no Goro code was on the receipt. Grrrrr, guess I'll have to deal with that later!

TheRed

Anyone have any luck redeeming they're nuuvem key? I got the premium edition and steam says i need to activate original game first like the key is only for the dlc

K.Sabot

QvPZSOs.png

Shroudent

On ps4 it is currently telling me I cannot use content and to purchase it from the playstations store, also unable to restore licenses.

edit: was able to launch it from the non bundled store page.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I liked how I talked shit about the MKX pad and ended up buying one for PS4. When one of your good friends is Mr. Aquaman and he vouches for it, you kinda cave in. :p Got my LE and controller tonight. Gonna bust it open tomorrow.

A-V-B

Someone should be in their car on the way back to the servers in Chicago, or wherever, to upload the game and fix this madness :p

I just watched a video of all the fatalities and got a little sick to my stomach. No game has ever made me feel that way before.

Is this what growing up and being a lame adult feels like?

A-V-B

I just watched a video of all the fatalities and got a little sick to my stomach. No game has ever made me feel that way before.

Is this what growing up and being a lame adult feels like?

Nope. The fatalities are pretty horrific this time around.

In the older games, there was always a bit of a disconnect, I think. Low res graphics and sound, or a general goofiness.

This one's darker than MK has been since... maybe ever, and you can feel the characters' suffering. The voice acting for all the screaming and horror is superb, and the anatomy modeling is pretty fantastic.

As time marches on and we get MK11 and MK12, this stuff's only going to get more believable.

So the PC version is pretty much crashing whenever you try to enter anything with fighting at all for everyone else too then? And none of the supposed dlc packages for the rest of the download are showing up either?

*sigh*

Arksy

So I got the PC game, downloaded it and ran it.

Fine and dandy, picked my faction.

Went to try single fight (all other options were red for some reason) and then the game just crashed. This happened about four times...

WTF?

My game also doesn't seem to be listing 1920x1080 as a resolution option. It lists a lot of other resolutions but I didn't see 1080p as one. Anyone else have this issue?

A-V-B

So I got the PC game, downloaded it and ran it.

Fine and dandy, picked my faction.

Went to try single fight (all other options were red for some reason) and then the game just crashed. This happened about four times...

WTF?

Game is about 30 gigs.

As part of some bizarre game streaming experiment, the preload was only 3 gigs, and the rest would, in theory, download as you played.

Problem is... they forgot to let us have the rest of the game.

molnizzle

Does anyone else have a TE2 stick that was dual-modded for both PS3 and 360? I can't remember how to switch between the two modes. I'm assuming mine is in 360 mode because the PS4 won't recognize it.

I have no idea what PCB or whatever it has, I sent it to some dude on SRK to do the mod lol.

halp...

galvatron

Nope. The fatalities are pretty horrific this time around.

In the older games, there was always a bit of a disconnect, I think. Low res graphics and sound, or a general goofiness.

This one's darker than MK has been since... maybe ever, and you can feel the characters' suffering. The voice acting for all the screaming and horror is superb, and the anatomy modeling is pretty fantastic.

As time marches on and we get MK11 and MK12, this stuff's only going to get more believable.

Yeah, it's a lot more common in the newer ones, but even MK 4 grossed me out when Reptile ate someone's face off. The previous ones were pure comedy.

A-V-B

Yeah, it's a lot more common in the newer ones, but even MK 4 grossed me out when Reptile ate someone's face off. The previous ones were pure comedy.

It was hard for me to be scared by MK4 when characters would routinely scream in kung-fu voices "I'M GONNA BUST YOU UP!" and "OOH, MOMMY!" and "OH I THOUGHT THE DILDO IN MY BUTT WAS YOURS!"

Only part that really made me nervous was the continue screen with the fighter falling down the pit and hitting the spikes. That was a good execution of the idea, kinda like the Sonic drowning music.

Top Bottom