• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

galvatron

Game is about 30 gigs.

As part of some bizarre game streaming experiment, the preload was only 3 gigs, and the rest would, in theory, download as you played.

Problem is... they forgot to let us have the rest of the game.

Not letting people complete a pre-load and instead waiting for everyone to hit the servers at once:

de7.png

Nope, just a thin "manual" and ad for the Kombat Pack inside. Their site is saying it should be on the receipt if you did a store pickup:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-promotions/null/pcmcat363200050000.c?id=pcmcat363200050000
Oh that sucks, hope you get one.

Best Buy is supposed to email you the code.... :/ yeah I'm worried about getting it too.
Yeah, I ordered it from Best Buy myself and the checkout page said you get the code by email but I was reading some comments about it just being included inside every box. Maybe I misread? Oh well, guess we'll find out soon enough.

On PS4. I only have 1 stage to choose from, and the fighters have been inaccessible for most of the time since the game launched. No online or anything other than 1v1.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I never finished the mk9 story mode but I thought nearly everyone died. Seeing as a lot of the cast in this is returning characters, did they all make it in mk9 or did they retcon some stuff?

I could sware I heard Liu Kang and Johnny die in MK9 for example

A-V-B

I could sware they were pre rendered videos when I saw some on YouTube (I noticed a change in the darkness) which would explain it

They pre-rendered every combination of every character of every variation doing every fatality on every stage at 1080p?

That's... that's utterly... I don't even have words for that. The fuck?

rcl66

How do I get Goro on PSN? I preordered the premium edition a while ago on PSN. My friend preordered the normal edition today and got a Goro download. I never did though.

Same for me, no goro with premium preorder on psn. Maybe they will add it tomorrow hopefully.

Peterthumpa

They pre-rendered every combination of every character of every variation doing every fatality on every stage at 1080p?

They are obviously not pre-rendered, just like Fifa 15's replays are 30 FPS and, obviously, not pre-rendered.

Still downloading on Steam to validate this "fatalities at 30 FPS thing".

OmegaDL50

I never finished the mk9 story mode but I thought nearly everyone died. Seeing as a lot of the cast in this is returning characters, did they all make it in mk9 or did they retcon some stuff?

I could sware I heard Liu Kang and Johnny die in MK9 for example

If you really want to know...

Everyone died in MK9 except for Johnny, Sonya, Kano, Reptile, Rain, and Raiden.

Raiden made a stupid deal with Quan Chi towards the end of MK9, in exchange Quan Chi has control of the souls of most of the dead good guys from MK9.

Quan Chi being an accomplished Necromancer brought back a lot of them to life, except completely under his control.

So basically some of the good guys who died are basically zombie villain slaves, until Raiden somehow frees them from Quan Chi's control and they are "okay" again. It's complicated.

Soroc

I bet you those DLC packs will go live at 3am est. I thought the game launching at 12am est was strange to begin with. Probably was a bug.

A-V-B

They are obviously not pre-rendered, just like Fifa 15's replays are 30 FPS and, obviously, not pre-rendered.

Still downloading on Steam to validate this "fatalities at 30 FPS thing".

Were the fatalities in MK9 at 60?

I bet you those DLC packs will go live at 3am est. I thought the game launching at 12am est was strange to begin with. Probably was a bug.

It's been a countdown most of the day, though. It's not like it freaked out. Anyone at NRS or Valve or High-Voltage could've taken a look at it and wigged out, I assume.

Momentary

Banned
Hopefully someone mods fatalities to be 60fps. That's just ridiculous. That's just going to be jarring to my eyes and take me out of the whole experience. Makes me almost want to throw up just thinking about it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

I said that's what it looked like on a youtube video, I didnt state it as fact, calm down. Was just thinking of what could justify the 30fps on fatalities (if they are 30)

If you really want to know...

Everyone died in MK9 except for Johnny, Sonya, Kano, Reptile, Rain, and Raiden.

Raiden made a stupid deal with Quan Chi towards the end of MK9, in exchange Quan Chi has control of the souls of most of the dead good guys from MK9.

Quan Chi being an accomplished Necromancer brought back a lot of them to life, except completely under his control.

So basically some of the good guys who died are basically zombie villain slaves, until Raiden somehow frees them from Quan Chi's control and they are "okay" again. It's complicated.

Thanks

A-V-B

Hopefully someone mods fatalities to be 60fps. That's just ridiculous.

That'd be deep in the code, or even the animations themselves. Basically, it'd be impossible unless you got to the animations and interpolated between the keyframes and modded them back into the game using NRS's systems. And even then it's interpolation and not the full data you'd receive if they'd recorded it at 60.

:/

Hopefully someone mods fatalities to be 60fps. That's just ridiculous. That's just going to be jarring to my eyes and take me out of the whole experience. Makes me almost want to throw up just thinking about it.

I think that's only on PS4/Xbone that they're 30 fps. We have no idea on PC because the game doesn't work on PC :\

I said that's what it looked like on a youtube video, I didnt state it as fact, calm down. Was just thinking of what could justify the 30fps on fatalities (if they are 30)
I believe Fatalities and Xrays on consoles are 30 FPS because it lets them do more technical stuff with them. It was the same in MK9 as well. PC version was 60 FPS during xrays/fatalities.

Momentary

Banned
That'd be deep in the code, or even the animations themselves. Basically, it'd be impossible unless you got to the animations and interpolated between the keyframes. And even then it's interpolation and not the full data you'd receive if they'd recorded it at 60.

Animations could just be locked to 30 and aren't keyed to 30 frames per second... People unlock locked frame rates all the time.

Kinhow

Brazillian dubbing of cassie cage is so bad, it's on par with the infamous All Your Base Are Belong To Us.):

Even though, I'm looking forward to play the game!

OmegaDL50

That'd be deep in the code, or even the animations themselves. Basically, it'd be impossible unless you got to the animations and interpolated between the keyframes. And even then it's interpolation and not the full data you'd receive if they'd recorded it at 60.

Well someone managed to mod MK9 to make the bosses Goro, Kintaro, and Shao Kahn playable in Arcade Ladder and Versus mode.

Even forced changed the games framerates.

I am secretly hoping someone mods MKX for the
Story mode only NPCs
to be playable as well. It would be nice to play as
Baraka, Rain, Sindel, etc who appear in story mode
but aren't actually selectable.

Bought a PS4 and PC copy.

PC doesn't even work.

Fuck it, I'm going to bed.

Thanks for another pile of hot garbage, High Voltage, we almost got a quality product out of you.

Man, it would be so badass if they had fats in there which haven't been revealed, and everyone would be trying inputs to figure them out. like back in the day. Do it, NRS.

Top Bottom