• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

A-V-B

Animations could just be locked to 30 and aren't keyed to 30 frames per second... People unlock locked frame rates all the time.

Just saying. The rest of the game running at 60 except for the fatalities might hint at something worse.

Unless we can verify the rest of the world's running at 30 during fatalities? Like, camera movement? In which case you'd get someone, eh ehm, well known on NeoGAF whose named starts with a D... to do something like that.

probably.

Dr. Buni

Brazillian dubbing of cassie cage is so bad, it's on par with the infamous All Your Base Are Belong To Us.):

Even though, I'm looking forward to play the game!
Yeah, it is bad. Pitty is a great singer, but not a voice actress at all.

Anyways, I wish I could play the game, but it keeps crashing when I choose any of the main modes. Thanks, Steam.

//ARCANUM

Simplified. Easy inputs. You unlock them from the Krypt and in normal gameplay too.

When it says 30 simplified fatalities, does that mean 30 "uses"? As in would I be paying $4.99 to use a simple fatality 30 times and then if I want more i have to get it from the Krypt or pay $4.99 again?

OmegaDL50

When it says 30 simplified fatalities, does that mean 30 "uses"? As in would I be paying $4.99 to use a simple fatality 30 times and then if I want more i have to get it from the Krypt or pay $4.99 again?

Yes.

You can earn Easy Fatality Tokens in the Krypt. Each Token is a single use.

If you know the fatality motions for each character though, I don't know why anyone would want to use the tokens. It's not like MK9's fatality inputs were overly complicated, I don't think MKX would be any different either.

A-V-B

Kinda wished they released this maybe... a few days after?

Especially with this trainwreck of a launch. It's like one of the cars derailing and you realized there was a bunch of boxed animal feces inside and they break and it splatters all over a mom and pop shop.

Actually it's not a terrible idea, but it kinda stings of social faux pas right now :"/

geomon

WTF Mortal Kombat has Microtransactions ? -
CChuPqfUkAALWvu.jpg

this needs it's own thread

What the fuck?

robot

I guess so. As long as Koins aren't ridiculously hard to get, it's something that is completely harmless...and no big ass banners for them either ;P

According to the other thread they are kinda hard to get. Jeff Gertsmann got around 8 for playing through story mode.

EDIT: Also sounds like u get tokens from the Krypt? The whole thing seems weird.

molnizzle

So for someone who doesn't really play fighting games and has no idea what half this shit means, should I have release check on or off? Using a stick.

molnizzle

also is there a different way to perform x-rays (or switch stance)? My stick only has 6 face buttons. I remember there being a way to do everything in MK9 with combination presses.

Why the fuck did they do this with the PC version? I knew something was fucked when only 3gb downloaded via preload. If it all just downloaded like a normal steam game, I would have a complete game now, and there is no streaming download happening on steam right now.

Looks like I can't even play the game, even though one player single fight is highlighted, when I try to start that, it closes or crashes.

Pudge

From the horror stories coming out of the PC version right now, I'm almost happy that my Steam key hasn't been posted yet. Maybe I'll just get to download the whole game tomorrow morning!

Dr. Buni

Why the fuck did they do this with the PC version? I knew something was fucked when only 3gb downloaded via preload. If it all just downloaded like a normal steam game, I would have a complete game now, and there is no streaming download happening on steam right now.

Looks like I can't even play the game, even though one player single fight is highlighted, when I try to start that, it closes or crashes.
Check the MKX Discussion Board on Steam, that is happening to literally everyone. It sucks.

Khezu

Do we know when those Samurai skins are coming?
I was hoping they would be at launch like the Flashpoint nonsense for Injustice.

Want to that dumb Ronin costume for Kenshi.

naib

Too tired/annebriated to stay up for it all but fucking kudos to Arturo for streaming all 3 platforms. Wow.

Hope to be playing tomorrow. Have fun gaf.
G'night

Edit: Sorry PCgaf. Damn.

jonezer4

Forgive me if this has already been covered, but when I've played, all I've seen are "Easy Fatalities" on the main pause screen. I kind of don't want them there, but haven't seen a way to turn them off. What gives?

OmegaDL50

Oh well.

I was hoping I'd try some practice mode tonight.

The lure of sleep is strong. Hopefully this shit is sorted out by the time I wake up tomorrow.

Top Bottom