• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

According to the other thread they are kinda hard to get. Jeff Gertsmann got around 8 for playing through story mode.

EDIT: Also sounds like u get tokens from the Krypt? The whole thing seems weird.

please dont say stuff like this when it's wrong.

1) "Koins" are plentiful. You use them to buy things in the Krypt. If you do a combo, you get koins - faction rewards are koins - you get them for everything.

2) there are two types of tokens - SKip Fight, and easy fatality. you accumulate lots of these in the story mode (i think i had 10). You start the game with some, and some unlock in the krypt

3) after finishing the story mode, i had about 80,000 koins - some tombs in the krypt give tokens, some give even more koins.

as i said in the other thread:

There are two types of consumable in the game -

1) Easy Fatality (Trigger plus a button)
2) Skip Fight (just use it and it advances you forward if you are stuck)

Both are unlockable.

Both are plentiful.

You start the game with some already in your possession.

You earn them not just in the crypt, but in story mode and as faction rewards as well i believe.

They are REALLY easy to get, and you dont have to use them. They do not affect any one elses game play. You dont have to buy them, and there is no real benefit to buy them.

Nuszka

PSA: THE GAME LOCKS YOU TO THE SERVER YOU HAVE PURCHASED IT IN. So like myself EU player who got the game from US Psn online is basically fucked. NR we live in 2015 get your game up.

gogojira

So, I had no idea about this whole faction thing and now I'm having to pick one. Who does Reptile belong to or does that even matter. I can make these things real difficult on myself, lol.

Kiyo

Does the faction choice at the beginning really matter? I'm at the screen right now and not sure who to go with. Are we all picking a certain one? Can it be changed later?

Does the faction choice at the beginning really matter? I'm at the screen right now and not sure who to go with. Are we all picking a certain one? Can it be changed later?

It can be changed later. You lose all the bonuses you gained with that faction though.

gogojira

I'm stuck there, too. I had no idea it was a thing and now I'm just staring at the screen, lol.

- Inferno Scorpion (Minions)
- Cryomancer Sub
- Takeda (i like all of them)
- Mileena
- Kitana

I want to like erron black but i dont think he suits me.

Only one i REALLY dont like is Kotal Khan.

Takeda seems to be a popular one, hah.

Any reason why you feel that way towards Erron Black?

I'm actually going to be using Kotal Kahn myself. :V

I'm using Ferra/Torr, but I have no idea what I'm doing and can't even block, so I probably won't stay with them lol

Aren't they pure rushdown? Gotta' be in their face. :p I totally forgot what their variations were.

Aren't they pure rushdown? Gotta' be in their face. :p I totally forgot what their variations were.
One is command grabs (close and far?), one is a power up move, and one is no Ferra but stronger Torr.

And that's what I did! lol so blocking didn't natter too much.

Kiyo

I'm stuck there, too. I had no idea it was a thing and now I'm just staring at the screen, lol.

Just from googling around, it looks like Lin Kuei is the most popular, so I assume probably the best choice? Unless they have a way to balance them.

gogojira

Sub-Zero tilting that scale! I was going to pick it, too, because Sub is my secondary and quick Google searches brings up nothing for Reptile being on a faction. I'll probably never do anything with it so fuck it.

nvvman

Neo Member
For my sanity: anyone who got this on Steam also experiencing an essentially broken game?

Downloaded through Steam for my PC. Gives me some intro splash screens and then just goes black and silent :(

Edit:
After a couple restarts I was able to get to a point where i select a single player fight and then the game just hard crashes now.

Spoo

Downloaded through Steam for my PC. Gives me some intro splash screens and then just goes black and silent :(

Yes. The forums indicate everyone's games are busted.

Looks like the PC release has been completely ruined for a lot of people. Deserve a thread, maybe?

Codiox

PSA: THE GAME LOCKS YOU TO THE SERVER YOU HAVE PURCHASED IT IN. So like myself EU player who got the game from US Psn online is basically fucked. NR we live in 2015 get your game up.

What does that mean? Am I ok with my buddy who also bought it from the US store? Can we still play together?

he LOOKS cool. But I found his specials a little slow (Caltrops, Shooting) - saying that i havent used his rifle alt so i will try. People have to understand 75 total variations are included so it's going to take so long to find a main seriously.

Kotal was terrible to me. I had to play him in story - there is Sun God, War God and one other - the Sun God one i didnt like at all.

Got the physical PS4 release and its been over an hour and I still cant access story among other things. How long does it take to install a physical disc? Will it go faster if I close the application for a bit?

Struct09

Got the physical PS4 release and its been over an hour and I still cant access story among other things. How long does it take to install a physical disc? Will it go faster if I close the application for a bit?

I played a single match and story was available afterwards

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Do the stances just change a few special moves, or normal attacks like punches/kicks also?

TheRed

Anyone have any luck redeeming they're nuuvem key? I got the premium edition and steam says i need to activate original game first like the key is only for the dlc

Again, anyone in the same situation as me and bought the premium edition from nuuvem?

Internet is down. Couldn't even get a witty reply in, damn.

Hopefully, by morning this curse will be lifted. If not, I'll sell my soul to Quan Chi.

Fmal

Banned
Jax's heavy weapon's groove is probably his worst, but the rocket launcher has stolen me like five wins online.

Louis010

Banned
he LOOKS cool. But I found his specials a little slow (Caltrops, Shooting) - saying that i havent used his rifle alt so i will try. People have to understand 75 total variations are included so it's going to take so long to find a main seriously.

Kotal was terrible to me. I had to play him in story - there is Sun God, War God and one other - the Sun God one i didnt like at all.

Kotal Kahn is the worst for me, I actually had to skip his fights in the story, I couldn't do anything with him.

Erron black reminds me of deathstroke in his rifle variation, he's worth trying out.

Fmal

Banned
Kotal Kahn is the worst for me, I actually had to skip his fights in the story, I couldn't do anything with him.

Erron black reminds me of deathstroke in his rifle variation, he's worth trying out.

I didn't really dig his rifle variation. The projectile with the least start-up hits high so they can just duck it, and the one that hits mid has a buttload of start up.

Xevren

So far my online matches have been perfect, no input lag at all. Am using google fiber so that helps. Still, this shit is baller!

One is command grabs (close and far?), one is a power up move, and one is no Ferra but stronger Torr.

And that's what I did! lol so blocking didn't natter too much.

Solo Torr seems to be the best there, but who knows. Probably end up being like Bane in Injustice. xP

Hah, I think you just keep at it till it feels right. :3

He felt his specials were slow? It didn't seem that way to me after seeing what SonicFox was doing with him, haha.

I got ya, it is going to be a while. Unless you like a specific archetype, or the typical character loyalty players.

Yeah, I heard everyone say Kotal was slow. Most of reasons on why people didn't enjoy playing as him. I mostly want to play him for his War God variation. Wasn't too fond of his Blood God variant.

Well got a couple matches in
Was a complete nightmare playing as Goro but I had a blast playing as Cassie

What happened with Goro? :V

Top Bottom