• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Man I cannot get used to having a button for block, is there any positive in doing it like that? Feel like blocking and counterattacking is much harder than game like KoF or SF because of it

It allows MK to have so many teleport attacks. That stuff would be a nightmare to block if you had to change directions each time.

See: Scorpion in Injustice.

npa189

Just sitting down with it, holy shit that IQ. NR really stepped up their game for next gen! I'm really looking forward to digging into this game, first impressions are very bloody, and very good.

SUPARSTARX

Sooooo I've been trying to remote in from work onto my PC to install and preload the game throughout the day...

...finally get home and try the game...

Game crashes when I try to change inputs.
Game crashes when I try to go into online mode 50/50.
Game crashes after selecting character in online mode.

....I want my money back now. PC players got boned again.

OmegaDL50

Information is probably already known but, anyways.

Brutalities are similar to Killer Instinct Ultras. (Or from 1994 KI Arcade, the Ultimate Combo enders)

You must do the command or requirement when the opponents life bar is in critical (notches on life gauge near death)

You can start a combo and get your opponents life at that critical portion the Brutality should kick in automatically.

You can juggle combo into throws.

Unlike MK9 a player needed to be standing on the ground. I found this out while trying to execute Kung Lao's first Brutality.

I found the easiest method was FP, FP combo into Spin to launch the opponent, Grab them while they are in midair (not jumping, but standing grab) and then mash FP / RP and success.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Sooooo I've been trying to remote in from work onto my PC to install and preload the game throughout the day...

...finally get home and try the game...

Game crashes when I try to change inputs.
Game crashes when I try to go into online mode 50/50.
Game crashes after selecting character in online mode.

....I want my money back now. PC players got boned again.

Steam will probably accommodate if you ask
but FWIW NRS says they're on it

Fury451

Banned
I would try other characters but I can't stop playing Cassie Cage.

She's a lot of fun.

I'm currently stuck on Erron Black. I can't seem to get one of his combos to go though. It starts with a triangle and I think alternates between square and circle, but it just won't fire off for me no matter how fast I enter it.

Ferra/Torr is surprisingly nimble and fun to play also.

Tokubetsu

She's a lot of fun.

I'm currently stuck on Erron Black. I can't seem to get one of his combos to go though. It starts with a triangle and I think alternates between square and circle, but it just won't fire off for me no matter how fast I enter it.

Ferra/Torr is surprisingly nimble and fun to play also.

Erron Black and Dvorrah are probably the next characters I try.

Fury451

Banned
Erron Black and Dvorrah are probably the next characters I try.

Both are really good. Dvorrah takes some getting used to with her alts I found though.

Jacqui is also a highlight. Basically all of the new characters are great additions, though I have a lot of trouble with the archer. I forget his name, but he seems a little clunky to me.

OmegaDL50

Ermac seems a lot slower than compared to MK9.

Or perhaps it's it's his floating walk animation that makes it seem that way. Still he remains to be one of my favorites.

I managed to somewhat recreate some of bread and butter combos that I used in MK9, that work as well in MKX.

I'll be uploading a video soon of some of them.

For a teaser, this is one of my Ermac combos from MK9.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16jBOTFVo-A

I hope I won't disappoint with my MKX stuff.

gunner13

Neo Member
Been playing for almost 4 hours. Tried a little of everything. This game is a load of fun! But I will say THERE IS A LOT TO LEARN.... Geez...I feel like such a noob....

GeeDuhb

Gamefly didn't come today. Nooooooooo!

This is my reaction every release day for a game I am really looking forward to...And I have not been getting GF games on release day for at least a year now...yet I am still an idiot and go running to the mailbox on release day hoping it is somehow in there EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. XD

OmegaDL50

The Towers don't spoil the story in any way, right? Thanks in advance! :)

No. They are basically Arcade Ladders like in MK9.

The main story won't be spoiled.

However if the towers are anything like MK9, then beating the tower with a character will show that characters personal ending. (I don't know if MKX has personal endings, because I barely touched other modes outside of practice)

I don't know if MKX has personal endings, because I barely touched other modes outside of practice

Every character has a unique cutscene that plays at the end of the klassic tower, just like MK9.

I knew that was going to happen, darn.

Edit: but that's just on the klassic tower, right?

Yep, only on the klassic tower. Every other tower is fine to play through, completely spoiler-free.

OmegaDL50

OH!! it's done...I finally finished pack 29.

The game is finally installed entirely.

Now I can REALLY start to enjoy the game.

I seem to have broke the switch puzzle in the krypt, the x button prompt won't appear anymore when I try to use the third switch after I input the sequence wrong a few time(I noticed the code on the wall after).

Already played a lot, now when I try to load the game it wont get past the copyright screen, unless I'm signed out of Xbox Live... game works fine as long as I don't sign in. If I sign in at the title screen it just shows the forest background and nothing happens. Anyone else had this problem? This is disc version btw.

Can't figure out how to do brutality. Read the tutorial instructions.

Every character has unique brutatlities, and every brutality has it's own requirement. Most of the time you need to end the final round with a particular ***** / move /ex-move / Throw. Open the movelist and go to the last section, where the fatalities are. Highlight the brutalities you've unlocked and they should show all the requirements. Sometimes it's more than just getting the ***** right, you have to have done something during the round or match for it to be possible.

EDIT: Wow, is Neogaf really censoring kom-bo (without the -)?

Sigmaah

I started with Ermac but dude Quan is the shit. I am not a huge fan of his overall look in this game but his fighting style is just awesome for me. Love him. Also, and I can't believe I am saying this, my go to character for the review at the start was Mr. Cage.

But Quan's fall from the sky Knee Drop into a head smash on the ground is just such a crowd pleaser to me.

That's what I'm liking about him too! I like his moveset a lot, ermac and quan will probs be my set but I still wanna play with reptile.

Sounds like PS4 is the way to go for now. PC version is apparently not a very good port and people have been having serious issues even getting it to run.

Good to know. Thanks for the quick reply. I can wait a few days if it's release day issues but a bad port is what I was more concerned with. Ps4 it is.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Ermac seems a lot slower than compared to MK9.

Or perhaps it's it's his floating walk animation that makes it seem that way. Still he remains to be one of my favorites.

I managed to somewhat recreate some of bread and butter combos that I used in MK9, that work as well in MKX.

I'll be uploading a video soon of some of them.

For a teaser, this is one of my Ermac combos from MK9.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16jBOTFVo-A

I hope I won't disappoint with my MKX stuff.
Woah, nice!

Btw, what does FP and BK and all that stuff mean? /noob

Vire

Yay, it's not just me.

7CiWCqv.jpg

Is what I'm getting.

bumpkin

I'm kind of bumming right now... I picked up my copy of MKX at Best Buy about three hours ago and I still haven't gotten a code for Goro; in email or otherwise. When I did the preorder for in-store pickup, it listed the Goro bonus on the cart and my order details. I'm hoping it shows up soon.

Has anyone who did the same method of ordering get theirs yet?

Top Bottom